First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 156 157 158
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 11:10:44
Link | Citer | R

fractalvoid said: »
never said I was awesome... in fact I think quite the opposite (and even sstated.so in my last post - speaking of not reading...)
no need to get mad cos I pointed out a flaw...

but sure ill make a set just for lols, considering ill never waste my time using it. gimme a few (or might have to wait til I get home)

Your "LOL" sounds pretty confident that you have better solution though.

Not sure which "flaw" you pointed out when you didn't even point out any. 150 TP isn't a flaw and shouldn't happen if you WS fast enough or use 3rd pt tool, if you can't WS fast enough you will 150 TP on other melee jobs too.

Edit: Also I don't get mad if someone actually pointed out a flaw for real.
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 11:15:04
Link | Citer | R

It's not a flaw. He's clutching at straws for the sake of his ever more irrelevant argument. Every single job has a surplus of TP with every weapon unless your Store TP calculations means you hit exactly 100 TP. What if a Monk double attacks and goes to 108 TP instead of 100? That's the exact same logic, it's just more likely to occur with a Mercurial Kris. It doesn't mean you weapon skill any less frequently or, infact, receive any penalty to your performance whatsoever.

Let's say a Dragoon using Ryunohige hits to 102 TP. Gasp! 2 surplus TP! Ryunohige is obviously a bad weapon choice. How about a Warrior using 99 Ukon. He hits to 103 TP. Gasp again! 3 surplus TP! 99 Ukon is obviously a bad weapon choice.

The above paragraph is more or less the logic he's applying to Mercurial Kris, simply because he doesn't personally approve of using it. If the sole premise of his argument is this 'flaw' then it's safe to dismiss his argument on the grounds of absurdity, ignorance or stupidity. Maybe all three?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 11:22:46
Link | Citer | R

Aeyela said: »
It's not a flaw. He's clutching at straws for the sake of his ever more irrelevant argument. Every single job has a surplus of TP with every weapon unless your Store TP calculations means you hit exactly 100 TP. What if a Monk double attacks and goes to 108 TP instead of 100? That's the exact same logic, it's just more likely to occur with a Mercurial Kris. It doesn't mean you weapon skill any less frequently or, infact, receive any penalty to your performance whatsoever.

Let's say a Dragoon using Ryunohige hits to 102 TP. Gasp! 2 surplus TP! Ryunohige is obviously a bad weapon choice. How about a Warrior using 99 Ukon. He hits to 103 TP. Gasp again! 3 surplus TP! 99 Ukon is obviously a bad weapon choice.

The above paragraph is more or less the logic he's applying to Mercurial Kris, simply because he doesn't personally approve of using it. If the sole premise of his argument is this 'flaw' then it's safe to dismiss his argument on the grounds of absurdity, ignorance or stupidity. Maybe all three?

2h DD can flow well over 102 or 103 with mala or Mythic AM3 proc I think XD Also flow to 150 TP on MK requires like 3 extra attack rounds, if you WS that slow fat chances are you probably gonna WS even slower with /ra since it's even harder to gain TP fast manually with /ra IMO(have to click /ra and snapshot macro perfect before every shot v.s auto attack, too easy to make mistake if you manual every /ra.)

Also MK TP gain has been used for years, same for KC RNG, not sure what's so not being approved about?
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 11:42:50
Link | Citer | R

lol was due to me expecting a set that actually had thought put into it, since youre so confident its the best thing evar.
but alright lawl ill stop posting now since my "arguement" is pointless or whatever.
can just delete the *** posts if that big of a deal

Bye!
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 12:02:32
Link | Citer | R

wow youre so cool for getting that in. such a tough guy. just *** drop it. I'm not going to argue over a difference in opinion. no one provided any proof that mkris was better, all I got was a shitty tp set. its pathetic that all you can do is continue to harp on it.

Actually, you didn't provide any proof. You just dismissed everyone else's. Afania has already explained twice, and quoted a very good post with maths, why Mercurial Kris is better...
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 12:04:30
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
If I'm using spreadsheet correctly, single hit weapon with multi-attack build seems TP slower especially when your 2nd roll isn't DA. Mkris avg 1.9 attacks per round, Aluh with 3% QA, 6% TA, 22% DA(my usual multi-attack stacking TP set on BLU) avg 1.4. Mkris with the set I posted generates 7.3 TP a hit and 14 hit to 100 TP starting from 0. Aluh is 5.7 with 11 STP and 18 hit to 100 starting from 0.
This was posted on last page.
Either way clam down you people.
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 12:05:18
Link | Citer | R

I never said my word was fact.......
I even said afania definitely knows more about cor than me.

Then what's the problem... You asked for proof and got it. If I knew what you wanted I'd at least try and give it to you rather than just say 'Bye'.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 12:08:36
Link | Citer | R

Though I wanna ask if that calculation actually included Fighter's, since that's gonna be pretty much a staple buff.
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 12:09:07
Link | Citer | R

Not on Lakshmi. I got asked for SAM and DRK roll on Qilin the other day...
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 12:13:27
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how that changes the benefits of using it for TP. Any additional hits over 100 won't slow down the rate at which you're weapon skilling. You make it sound like it's a flaw but it doesn't actually make any difference.

I don't mind being called an ***, but only when I actually was one. =D
However, agreed, let's move on.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 18:22:00
Link | Citer | R

lol was due to me expecting a set that actually had thought put into it, since youre so confident its the best thing evar.

I never said my opinion on gear set is absolutely right, I posted it for discussion and feedback, if someone else can come up with a better set and explain why then go for it. If it's indeed better, I will try to get it myself. When did I claim my opinion is always right? Trying to find out what's better, and players post opinions for better performance, isn't it the purpose of forum discussions?

But so far you still make 0 constructive feedback in this discussion, then when others call you out you just dodge it with "my word means nothing" blah blah.

So your claim your opinion isn't right, and yet still call others "have no thought" and "shitty opinion", what's your goal? To piss everyone off on purpose? Then when others really got pissed off you're like "you got mad?", lol.

You're just arguing for the sake of wanting to argue or your ego is too big to let it go.

I would keep fighters roll if I was meleeing for tp... but I don't.

could be a little less of an *** when trying to get a point across...

Not sure who is the *** over here wwwww.
By kormak 2013-01-23 18:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Got all the suggestions except damn Loki's as Blue !! Turul didn't think me deserving enough :( there's always tomorrow.

Thanks again for the input.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 18:29:05
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Though I wanna ask if that calculation actually included Fighter's, since that's gonna be pretty much a staple buff.

D; just realized I forgot to add 10% more DA from /WAR D; But Aluh still avg about 1.68 hit/round after adding 30% more DA.

My last stand sometimes still miss or half miss on watcher without hunter so I usually use hunters for 2nd roll ._.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 19:03:00
Link | Citer | R

Not on Lakshmi. I got asked for SAM and DRK roll on Qilin the other day...

Maybe because your DD pt have mythics! Since DA roll doesn't add much for Mythic AM3.
 Phoenix.Icemn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-24 03:18:20
Link | Citer | R

Been playing with melee TP item set, just randomly tossing out ideas and not sure if it's good or not ._.

P.S: Epona's ring over tyrant seems close too.

That looks like a rather nice set. How about Murzim body or Beguiler's over Thaumas, though? If you go with Beguiler's would allow you to change skadi+1 hands to something like Nomkahpa mitts(I know, real expensive for such a situational thing but *Shrug*) to not have excess haste and gain 3% DA. It's really late here and I just did salvage back to back so don't really want to math out the tp gain and if the change is worth it. Anyways, like I said the set looks nice and I'm just offering possible ideas that you could take a look at for me because I cba to do it myself atm.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-24 05:51:34
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

D; just realized I forgot to add 10% more DA from /WAR D; But Aluh still avg about 1.68 hit/round after adding 30% more DA.

My last stand sometimes still miss or half miss on watcher without hunter so I usually use hunters for 2nd roll ._.
Well to be fair it started as a discussion about Qilin, so acc shouldn't be a problem :3
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2013-01-24 05:53:31
Link | Citer | R

Dropping skady hands is not a good idea, they're awesome. You'd lose crit rate, str and attack.
Rather tact mantle which is the worst thing ever created in the game.
 Bahamut.Wakabo
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Wakabo
By Bahamut.Wakabo 2013-01-24 05:56:35
Link | Citer | R

Mantle is only decent if you're not going for epeen QD numbers but a nice chunk per qd x; other than that everyone that uses it to melee should feel bad.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-24 06:10:06
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Dropping skady hands is not a good idea, they're awesome. You'd lose crit rate, str and attack.
Rather tact mantle which is the worst thing ever created in the game.

Well the whole point of the set was to be able to pump out more last stands as COR melee damage is lol, especially 1-handing a dagger. I merely gave an option that could potentially do just that, help you pump out more last stands. I could be mistaken though as it's 7 am now and I still can't sleep. :<

Bahamut.Wakabo said: »
Mantle is only decent if you're not going for epeen QD numbers but a nice chunk per qd x; other than that everyone that uses it to melee should feel bad.

I could be misunderstanding, but what? Why would the mantle matter for QD? Gear swaps ftw? o.O

Editing this for clarity, the thing about the whole mantle thing btw: I was asking why anyone would use that mantle for QD, hence the "Why would it matter for QD?" considering the quoted set was a STP TP phase set utilizing a MKris build.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-24 06:18:10
Link | Citer | R

For a store tp QD build. And putting Murzim body in place of tact mantle keeps the same amount of store tp.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-24 06:25:26
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say anything about mantle. Please actually read what I say before you try to jump at every possible chance to criticize me.

edit: And the set I quoted was the TP set for a MKris build, not a STP QD build. Tyvm.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2013-01-24 06:27:03
Link | Citer | R

Get your panties out of a bunch, god damn.
[+]
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-24 06:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Lulz so when people call me out on ***it's cool, but when I do it my panties are in a bunch. Cool story, bro. This is a discussion, I was discussing with Afania on possible improvements to that build. Seha made no input into that discussion, rather she tried to twist what I said into something...best word for it...I can't think of one that wouldn't be offensive so I'll leave that blank. Anywho, Afania take a look at that and let me know what you think.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-24 06:40:29
Link | Citer | R

It's you who can't *** read. Wakabo was talking about the good use of Tactical mantle, which you didn't understand and I explained you. Then I suggested to swap it for the body that you chose since the stp would be the same.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-01-24 06:42:46
Link | Citer | R

Well then I retract my bitchiness~ I misunderstood what Wakabo was saying and since you don't quote I figured you were still talking to me about the other TP set, my mistake and I apologize.
First Page 2 3 ... 14 15 16 ... 156 157 158