Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
The Pirates' Lair: A Guide to Corsair
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 156 157 158
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 04:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Ah, okay. I figured I had to have misunderstood lol.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: arouis
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-01-23 04:52:16
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
For last stand would the two earrings match up for decent damage? For a cheaper r/ex way at least. Wilhelm's Earring annnnnnnddddd the other one? lol iirc it gives 8 AGI + Ranged Acc/Attk
If you don't have moonshade, they're best in slot.

Thank you ^ ^
By kormak 2013-01-23 07:21:57
Link | Citer | R

I have just got my Armageddon to 85 as my first Empy weapon.

I would like to know if there are any realistic improvements for my Wildfire set, bearing in mind I have only just started doing VW (On jeuno T1 now) and I'm not ready for endgame stuff like Legion or NNI/ Neo-Salvage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-01-23 07:32:09
Link | Citer | R

kormak said: »
I have just got my Armageddon to 85 as my first Empy weapon.

I would like to know if there are any realistic improvements for my Wildfire set, bearing in mind I have only just started doing VW (On jeuno T1 now) and I'm not ready for endgame stuff like Legion or NNI/ Neo-Salvage.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Head : Pandinus Beret - cheap AH buy
Body : Lokis Kaftan
Legs : Ambushers Hose
Ring1 : a second Stormsoul Ring
By kormak 2013-01-23 07:44:52
Link | Citer | R

Thanks alot, I will round them up tonight. (All except Stormsoul as I am a pennyless Corsair)
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-01-23 08:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Pennyless.... the life of a corsair but it is a fun one lol.

Edit. Mirke Wardecors augmented with MAB+4 does more damage than loki's and every cor should have one of those.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-01-23 08:34:22
Link | Citer | R

Whilst we're on gearsets, im similar to Kormak, I havent done VW or proper hardcore Endgame yet. How is this set?

Looking for improvements :-)

I know Mirke wardecors, havent found anyone to help with the fight yet, any others?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 08:42:37
Link | Citer | R

Navarch+2 boots beat Commodore. Sveltesse gouriz for belt and you can get Ambusher hoes in aby. Most immediate fixes that don't require any event. Depending what you use for tp hands could be Alruna or Leoth if you do Meebles.

@Kormak: same suggestion but change the body asap!
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-01-23 08:48:48
Link | Citer | R

So I have Alruna for Last Stand, do they beat these Schutzens?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 08:49:54
Link | Citer | R

Sure, still 1 more agi afterall, and the macc is hardly influential.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-01-23 09:04:47
Link | Citer | R

Ok Sehachan, You're the person to ask about Corsair it seems.
Im looking to build a good wildfire build, which i can mold into a last stand build to ride the aftermath in.
Anything here you think I could fix using my limited resources? :-)

Thanks for the reply btw ^ ^

Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 09:08:21
Link | Citer | R

I would not suggest alternating the two ws as they're conflicting with subjob, main weapon and if available buffs.
Should use orichalcum for Last Stand too(they're actually more important here than wf) and again Ambusher pants. Also if possible the moonshade with tp bonus is a nice boost for this ws.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-01-23 09:09:59
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
I would not suggest alternating the two ws as they're conflicting with subjob, main weapon and if available buffs.
Should use orichalcum for Last Stand too(they're actually more important here than wf) and again Ambusher pants. Also if possible the moonshade with tp bonus is a nice boost for this ws.

That makes me sad :(
I was kinda hoping to hybrid this emp between Ranger and Corsair for Last Stand Damage and general Usability :(
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 09:13:34
Link | Citer | R

ambusher's hose drop off the Ixion in Vunkerl and are easy and free to obtain. Would be an upgrade on +2 Navarch's.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 09:14:31
Link | Citer | R

If you want to use both ws anyway I suggest subbing blu and setting mab and attack as traits that way you should have good damage for both. As for buffs chaos roll, rcb/pot and minuets are the ones you need the most, firestorm if possible is the only thing you really need for wf.
I did this often in Legion for example since I needed both ws depending on the enemy.
 Bahamut.Fulgrim
By Bahamut.Fulgrim 2013-01-23 09:22:53
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
If you want to use both ws anyway I suggest subbing blu and setting mab and attack as traits that way you should have good damage for both. As for buffs chaos roll, rcb/pot and minuets are the ones you need the most, firestorm if possible is the only thing you really need for wf.
I did this often in Legion for example since I needed both ws depending on the enemy.

Thats a great idea :)

Thanks!
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 10:23:58
Link | Citer | R

fractalvoid said: »

not going to go back and forth with you, as you definitely know more about cor than me... but I wouldn't use mkris cos I would use a multiattack build if I was going to melee...
also I can get fighters/chaos on dd and then tact on myself (leaving me with chaos/tact) its not that hard...

if you're really going to melee cos "bullets are too expensive" but buy an mkris to melee then why even use last stand (zomg TWO bullets)

my word means nothing tho and everyone has their own playstyle

You totally skipped all the post after that one and missed points entirely - -

1. I did not suggest this way because "it's cheaper". I suggested it because it dealt more dmg with pages of maths, cheaper is just icing on the cake. Why would anyone want to spend more money to deal less dmg?

2. If I'm using spreadsheet correctly, single hit weapon with multi-attack build seems TP slower especially when your 2nd roll isn't DA. Mkris avg 1.9 attacks per round, Aluh with 3% QA, 6% TA, 22% DA(my usual multi-attack stacking TP set on BLU) avg 1.4. Mkris with the set I posted generates 7.3 TP a hit and 14 hit to 100 TP starting from 0. Aluh is 5.7 with 11 STP and 18 hit to 100 starting from 0.

On higher tier NM like prov, 1h DPS is bad, getting higher DPS and 60 more dmg with last stand shouldn't beat 1 extra 3~4k last stand if you can do 1 more last stand with faster TP speed in a zerg fight. I've used Aluh for Prov zerg once, total melee dmg was only 3.5k(or a few hundred less I think) while Mkris dmg was often 1k~1.5k, which you can easily make up with 1~2 extra WS.

If you better reason/suggestion than my idea, then go ahead, I'm easily convinced if there are another way that worked better. But not without math/proper reasoning.

3. I never asked ppl don't do 3 rolls, heck I almost always do 4 rolls if I'm spamming WF and always 3 rolls with last stand. Idk why you keep mentioning doing 3 rolls is awesome - -

4. If you think your word "means nothing" and everyone have different play style and should play how they want to, then don't spread misleading info when other ppl asked questions to improve job performance -.- The one who asked question was clearly seeking better way to play the job. If you think other ppl's suggestion is bad and you have better one, then back up your argument with reasoning or math, but "everyone have their own play style" isn't reasoning and pretty pointless. I don't care about how you want to DD, I only care about looking for better way to DD.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 10:31:54
Link | Citer | R

We should be able to use Kraken club!! I mean come on, pirate->kraken!!

And that stp mkris set is the ugliest thing ever :|
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 10:35:04
Link | Citer | R

afania.... chill. I'm not "spreading misinformation" sorry for giving my opinion and not being awesome/omniscient.
I never said my word was fact. no need to jump all over me. your posts are quite provoking and you provide no item sets or parse logs.

I would still quite like to know what you mean by TP overflow.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 10:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Fulgrim said: »
Ok Sehachan, You're the person to ask about Corsair it seems.
Im looking to build a good wildfire build, which i can mold into a last stand build to ride the aftermath in.
Anything here you think I could fix using my limited resources? :-)

Thanks for the reply btw ^ ^

Don't use WF solely for aftermath, unless your WF dmg is very close to last stand. You should pick which WS you do based on which one is better, if you're using last stand over WF most likely your WF dmg isn't very good on this particular target.

My WS dmg is often about 80% of my total dmg, and ranged TP is often something like 6%. Sacrificing WS dmg(which is bigger portion of your output) for TP phrase dmg(which is very small % of your total output) is not worth it most of the time unless your WF dmg is very close to LS.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-01-23 10:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Void, the store tp mkris set was posted on previous page.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 10:41:11
Link | Citer | R

afania.... chill. I'm not "spreading misinformation" sorry for giving my opinion and not being awesome/omniscient.
I never said my word was fact. no need to jump all over me. your posts are quite provoking and you provide no item sets or parse logs.

You're free to give opinion with proper reasoning ;)

Also I did item set few posts back - - I'm quite provoking when nobody read my posts ;/

Parse log in old discussion regarding which weapon to use:
http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/34963/swords-and-daggers-and-corsair/
By Aeyela 2013-01-23 10:47:07
Link | Citer | R

I don't see how that changes the benefits of using it for TP. Any additional hits over 100 won't slow down the rate at which you're weapon skilling. You make it sound like it's a flaw but it doesn't actually make any difference.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 10:52:40
Link | Citer | R

the "bullets being too expensive" thing was not directed at afania. I'm on my phone/at work atm so I'm not completely on top of this atm...

aeyela, I meant tp overflow as in WSing at like 150tp instead of 100 or just above, due to attack round from mkris or lag/delay. wasted tp that could be use for next phase since "increased ws frequency" is such a huge drawing point of this mkris business...

Not sure how'd you overflow to 150 TP when other 2h melees or KC RNGs have np with it ._. Maybe you can flow to 150 TP if mala proc! So DDs stop using mala?

LOL at that mkris set up...
why in the world would you use multiattack stuff with OAx stuff... does not stack+diminishing returns...

I already know that, that's why I put goading over twilight and no atheling etc.....the only huge multi-attack piece is the body, and it's still faster than other body options I can find.

Ok since you're so awesome, you come up with a better set then? I'm willing to use a better set.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2013-01-23 10:59:54
Link | Citer | R

the "bullets being too expensive" thing was not directed at afania. I'm on my phone/at work atm so I'm not completely on top of this atm...

aeyela, I meant tp overflow as in WSing at like 150tp instead of 100 or just above, due to attack round from mkris or lag/delay. wasted tp that could be use for next phase since "increased ws frequency" is such a huge drawing point of this mkris business...

So you complained my attitude is provoking while your attitude isn't any better?(and still haven't provide any solid constructive POV yet)

MK isn't even new concept, it's being used a lot since lv 75 era.
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 156 157 158