Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 01:33:06
Link | Citer | R

"Need to" is a bit of an intense way to put it really, it isn't a massive deal if you don't have the time for it. The pieces you'd get would be very useful for a couple of things BLU though, so I definitely encourage you to try to get them.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-04 01:42:10
Link | Citer | R

I enjoy the challenge of BLU more than any of the other mage/evasive melee jobs I have geared, so happy just to know what ideal sets are plausible without nonexistent gear.
 Ragnarok.Afania
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-04 01:53:26
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
edit: oh, kacura hands +1. 1 sec..

edit2: 0.5%~ difference between Kacura/Athos and Kacura/Thaumas, in Athos's favor. Lead would become more pronounced toward Athos with capped attack, my calculations were slightly below, but it'd be a negligible difference.

My spreadsheet shows Thaumas pulls ahead with his set though, on dyna DC, hume /DNC no food, sword lv 90, no def down, 12/12 STR DEX merit. Using his set:

Thaumas legs:1741
Athos's legs:1734

What'd you do to make Athos's do more with his set O.O unless I did something wrong with it.

Edit: Maybe has something to do with spells setted.
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-04 01:56:45
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Use Athos's Tights if you can get them, they'll easily last til Khepri (or Abatteur if you're inclined towards inventory conservation).

I love how "inventory conservation" is the only issue you mention with regards to not using Khepri! w
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-11-04 01:58:06
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure that was in regards to Athos's.
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-04 01:58:49
Link | Citer | R

Still, Khepri is ... out of reach for pretty much everyone, for a long time coming.

(Abbateur isn't hard to get at all, though)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 02:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
edit: oh, kacura hands +1. 1 sec..

edit2: 0.5%~ difference between Kacura/Athos and Kacura/Thaumas, in Athos's favor. Lead would become more pronounced toward Athos with capped attack, my calculations were slightly below, but it'd be a negligible difference.

My spreadsheet shows Thaumas pulls ahead with his set though, on dyna DC, hume /DNC no food, sword lv 90, no def down, 12/12 STR DEX merit. Using his set:

Thaumas legs:1741
Athos's legs:1734

What'd you do to make Athos's do more with his set O.O unless I did something wrong with it.

Edit: Maybe has something to do with spells setted.

Didn't save the stats, but it was something like

Base Player Stats:

61D/61D
850atk
142STR
160DEX
11%TA
27%DA
25% Crit Rate (My spreadsheet accounts for CDC base crit automatically)
@125TP

Monster Stats:
+7 Level Difference
450DEF
Low enough vit to have a uniform capped fSTR, doesn't matter much in most reasonable settings

Stats from each pair of pants and/or gloves added onto the base player stats. I'm not sure which spreadsheet you're using, but mine uses pDIF models rather than cRatio which could make a difference between our results depending on ratio differences. My base stats are estimated only in terms of base STR, DEX, and attack, and I added on gear bonuses and minimal solo buffs to the initial base to come up with these numbers. My monster is pretty much bigger than a dynamis mob too.

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Pretty sure that was in regards to Athos's.

Could have been either tbh. Abbateur aren't immensely behind Khepri, and tbh with inventory as a concern I'm not sure I'd bother with Khepri pants due to their difficulty to obtain and relatively little advantage over easier to get options.
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-04 02:19:27
Link | Citer | R

*edit* disregard. I don't want to derail.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-04 02:38:01
Link | Citer | R

I mean, I don't want to break the 3rd wall or whatever, but Khepri Kecks are just not a realistic goal for most players right now.

Anyway, since we're having a fun math talk, can anyone explain why the serpentes set was replaced by mavi/thaumas in Proth's guide?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-04 09:31:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Use Athos's Tights if you can get them, they'll easily last til Khepri (or Abatteur if you're inclined towards inventory conservation).

I love how "inventory conservation" is the only issue you mention with regards to not using Khepri! w
The inventory conservation comment was regarding Abatteur Subligar, not Khepri Kecks; not sure how that wasn't clear. The fact that Khepri Kecks are nigh unobtainable goes without saying at this point, which only serves to highlight the value of Athos's Tights in optimizing one's CDC set because they are the best realistically obtainable option at this time.
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-04 13:59:07
Link | Citer | R

This assuming you're wearing one other Athos's item to get the set bonus? Or are the tights still the best option (disregarding khepri) just as a stand-alone piece?
 Ragnarok.Transitioneer
By Ragnarok.Transitioneer 2012-11-04 14:25:34
Link | Citer | R

Curious about the above as well, I just recently got Athos' Boots and wondering if I should try and get the tights, since I use Thaumas Hands/Legs/Feet for CdC atm.
 Carbuncle.Pwnzone
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Pwnzone
By Carbuncle.Pwnzone 2012-11-04 14:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Cantontai said: »
I mean, I don't want to break the 3rd wall or whatever, but Khepri Kecks are just not a realistic goal for most players right now.

Anyway, since we're having a fun math talk, can anyone explain why the serpentes set was replaced by mavi/thaumas in Proth's guide?

If you mean for the BLU cure pot set, its because mavi/thaumas cures for more than serpentes set. Just hop on blu & try it.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-04 14:51:30
Link | Citer | R

There's also a new set of gloves blu can wear with 5 cure potency without a set requirement.

hieros mittens
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-04 15:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Optimal, but of debateable value with regards to inventory space. Gains are anywhere from 3~8 HP/cure depending on setup.

Sylph.Peldin said: »
This assuming you're wearing one other Athos's item to get the set bonus? Or are the tights still the best option (disregarding khepri) just as a stand-alone piece?
Abatteur can be competitive/slightly better if set bonus isn't a consideration. Thaumas sidegrades or loses to Athos (usually the latter) if you're not getting the critrate bonus.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-04 15:50:30
Link | Citer | R

Agreed, I wouldn't waste time getting Hieros and even if I had them, it'd be in my satchel with the rest of my "only useful for cure" gear and only be taken out under situations where I need to cure myself often or I'm main healing for some weird reason.

Just looking at the list of gear I need to get now vs the amount of gear that will replace is worrying for my inventory. I need to find more space saving compromises...
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-04 17:22:56
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Pwnzone said: »
Bahamut.Cantontai said: »

If you mean for the BLU cure pot set, its because mavi/thaumas cures for more than serpentes set. Just hop on blu & try it.

How?

Thaumas only have 9 MND if you only use 1 thaumas, and there are no other slot you can use it.

So it's inferior to Morrigan, which has 10 MND.

And whether MND hand/feet is better or serpentes is better is depending on the amount you can cure already. At one point of time I used Mavi/Morri and found it cure more than serpentes, especially outside of Abyssea, after I got more cure potency Serpentes cured more.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-04 17:27:31
Link | Citer | R

Thaumas only have 9 MND if you only use 1 thaumas, and there are no other slot you can use it.

inventory space
^

Prothescar's sets balance optimization with inventory considerations. If you want optimal builds my sets are usually the place to look, though the sheer quantity of sets means I do miss upgrades occasionally.

Mind you I do use Mavi/Thaumas in practice and have no plans to upgrade to Hieros Mittens or Morrigan's Pigaches.

Quote:
And whether MND hand/feet is better or serpentes is better is depending on the amount you can cure already. At one point of time I used Mavi/Morri and found it cure more than serpentes, especially outside of Abyssea, after I got more cure potency Serpentes cured more.

Mavi/Morri and Mavi/Thaumas have been ahead of Serpentes set in mid to high-end cure builds for a while now, let alone the possibility of including Sanus Ensis/Galenus/augmented Genbu's Shield. Maybe if you're curing in Requiescat gear with minimal curepot it would take the lead, but it's been a while since I've cured in Serpentes set.

EDIT: Your last sentence fragment doesn't make any sense either. Adding curepot favors MND gear, not additional curepot. Frankly the whole post is muddled though.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 17:33:48
Link | Citer | R

Morrigans aren't in the set because 1 MND isn't worth an inventory slot compared to feet you're wearing at all times, and in a proper cure set 5% cure potency will never outweigh 19MND.

edit: Night beat me :c
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-04 17:50:39
Link | Citer | R

inventory space
^

Prothescar's sets balance optimization with inventory considerations. If you want optimal builds my sets are usually the place to look, though the sheer quantity of sets means I do miss upgrades occasionally.

Mind you I do use Mavi/Thaumas in practice and have no plans to upgrade to Hieros Mittens or Morrigan's Pigaches.

Quote:

Mavi/Morri and Mavi/Thaumas have been ahead of Serpentes set in mid to high-end cure builds for a while now, let alone the possibility of including Sanus Ensis/Galenus/augmented Genbu's Shield. Maybe if you're curing in Requiescat gear with minimal curepot it would take the lead, but it's been a while since I've cured in Serpentes set.

EDIT: Your last sentence fragment doesn't make any sense either. Adding curepot favors MND gear, not additional curepot. Frankly the whole post is muddled though.

I can try the cure number after I log on later again, but last time when I tried it, my serpentes set cured more than Mavi/Morri. But at one point of time my Mavi/Morri cured more than serpentes, and I had less cure potency in cure set at that time.

I also had better cure in Abyssea with serpentes too, with cure-potency atma.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-04 17:54:06
Link | Citer | R

Put your sets' stats in here and it'll be pretty easy to figure out.

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure/Cure_Calculator.html
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2012-11-04 17:57:34
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Put your sets' stats in here and it'll be pretty easy to figure out.

http://members.shaw.ca/pizza_steve/cure/Cure_Calculator.html

Oo Thanks for the link ;)
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-05 04:04:06
Link | Citer | R

90 Almace!! Phew. Glad to be done doing that one. Overall wasn't too bad really though because I decided to brew Apademak. I was able to get in 5 kills per brew.

Had a ton of help from my friend Saviour who 3-boxed a war (red procs), whm, and blm (stuns). I 2-boxed a nin and bard. I swapped from nin to thf once we had all our TE's. Sanguine Blade on thf/war still does 30k. I was using my trusty ol' Sword since it's the only sword I have that my thf can wield lol.
[+]
 Odin.Madotsuki
Serveur: Odin
user: Madotsuki
By Odin.Madotsuki 2012-11-09 22:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Been a long haul, but just about done with Nyzul Uncharted (for myself).

Continuing to grow... now if only gil fell into my lap for Nomkahpa Mittens. They just lept from 14 mil to 20+ mil on Odin too, alas.

Getting close to halfway on Heavy Metal Plates too... but not "actively" spamming stuff like Qilin. Someday I plan to, just no time now.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-11-09 23:14:14
Link | Citer | R

They are 20 mil on Ragnarok too. They may be right out for a while for me as 20 mil would put me much closer to finishing 95 almace.

I wonder what the dps increase for nom is compared to Thaumas Gloves.

Grats on your recent acquisitions, your tp set mirrors mine exactly atm.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Presidentobama
user: kasain
By Ragnarok.Presidentobama 2012-11-10 00:02:37
Link | Citer | R

I got Dyn Tav Arch diablos gloves. They are quite nice for CdC
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-12 00:41:17
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Grats on your recent acquisitions, your tp set mirrors mine exactly atm.
Same. Although I'm really hoping to get Nemetona Cap as my next TP upgrade.
 Ragnarok.Galiber
user: Galiber
By Ragnarok.Galiber 2012-11-22 15:55:12
Link | Citer | R

Almace 95 /joy /hurray It sure took a while!
Wonder how much it's gonna take now, with cinders at 1.3+ mil on Ragnarok :(
[+]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-11-22 23:16:38
Link | Citer | R

Depending on their availability, about half the time/gil as all those HMPs. Grats btw =)
By amadis 2012-12-02 12:20:08
Link | Citer | R

Just need to win lot against the 13 other people who are tier 1 portus collar in my LS to have top tp set now lol. Next project 95 Almace (306/1500 atm ; ;)
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23