Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
Your Latest Blue Mage Accomplishments/Milestones
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23
 Ragnarok.Connavarr
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Connavarr
By Ragnarok.Connavarr 2012-09-15 01:29:40
Link | Citer | R

80 Almace obtained! I can almost get rid of my lolWoE sword. xD
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-09-15 01:31:21
Link | Citer | R

Congrats~
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2012-09-15 06:40:54
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Connavarr said: »
80 Almace obtained! I can almost get rid of my lolWoE sword. xD
Mainhand WoE sword, offhand 80 Almace, like a boss.

I actually did offhand my 80 Almace with a STR sword, til it was done. <_<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2012-09-16 03:14:03
Link | Citer | R

Finally got some Neo - Nyz Gear :D (T-Body / Legs for those who care!)
By amadis 2012-09-18 07:56:54
Link | Citer | R

Saturday:

Before you all LOL at taking that many people to Kirin i have a very big LS. This is the amount of people that turned up when i said "Who wants to kill Kirin 4 times?" we got W.Legs 5/4 (1, 1, 1, 2) really wish i dident buy 4 pop sets now lol

Monday:

After finaly getting into a NNI static (cant really understand why so many people are against taking BLU its great in there) we got our 1st win after about 10 runs. Looking forward to getting the rest of Thaumas gear.
Useing this set for tp now:
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-10-16 20:59:34
Link | Citer | R

I spent just shy of 500k over the last few days to fill out my beginning gear sets. Today, I finished up a majority of my windower macros, as well as the actual in game macros to utilize them for CW burning.

Then I decided to put them to the test. The mobs never stood a chance. The only downside was I didn't get to test my Whirl of Rage set on them.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Spoiled
user: Spoiled
By Lakshmi.Spoiled 2012-10-16 21:50:31
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I spent just shy of 500k over the last few days to fill out my beginning gear sets. Today, I finished up a majority of my windower macros, as well as the actual in game macros to utilize them for CW burning.

Then I decided to put them to the test. The mobs never stood a chance. The only downside was I didn't get to test my Whirl of Rage set on them.
Amazing.
What's your secret?
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-10-16 22:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Well its not really a secret, but don't ask me to post any itemsets.
[+]
 Asura.Sabishii
Serveur: Asura
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2012-10-19 20:10:25
Link | Citer | R

FINALLY got my epona's ring.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Schmule
Serveur: Gilgamesh
user: Kloroform
By Gilgamesh.Schmule 2012-10-19 21:11:19
Link | Citer | R

L13 - all spells learned.

Yeah, what? It's honest, and you were ALL there at some point. :)
 Quetzalcoatl.Boyaci
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Boyaci
By Quetzalcoatl.Boyaci 2012-10-28 07:25:24
Link | Citer | R

Gilgamesh.Schmule said: »
It's honest, and you were ALL there at some point. :)

Remove this blasphemy, I was never level 13, never. How dare you, sir, how dare you.
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-29 19:05:59
Link | Citer | R

I was at level 13, for about 8 minutes =P

Actually since this is the chest-puffer thread, I thought I'd make a post here and say I finally got 5/5 Thaumas gear, and it was me going on BLU that made the difference. I was originally going as MNK, and although MNK is a great job, our group had several road blocks to success. Most of those road blocks were overcome by me swapping to BLU (this was said by my group, so it's not just coming from me). Stunning frogs. Stunning Chariots. Stunning various spells... AoE sleep, AoE haste, AoE damage, AoE erase... heals, self-skillchains, multiple types of damage... and Bilgestorm.
My group won't even let me go back to playing any other job in Nyzul now lol.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-29 19:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Peldin said: »
Actually since this is the chest-puffer thread, I thought I'd make a post here and say I finally got 5/5 Thaumas gear, and it was me going on BLU that made the difference. I was originally going as MNK, and although MNK is a great job, our group had several road blocks to success. Most of those road blocks were overcome by me swapping to BLU (this was said by my group, so it's not just coming from me). Stunning frogs. Stunning Chariots. Stunning various spells... AoE sleep, AoE haste, AoE damage, AoE erase... heals, self-skillchains, multiple types of damage... and Bilgestorm.
Grats and glad to hear you've had such success. I've always gone blu so I've not had anything to compare to.
 Sylph.Peldin
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Peldin 2012-10-30 00:56:56
Link | Citer | R

Thank you =)

I suggest you give DD a try for one night, or even just for one run. Depending on your personality, you may enjoy it more, or you may hate it. I think it's enlightening to see the pros and cons of both.
Damage output is definitely behind my monk's for most things. Not by a lot, but enough that I can notice it. The utility though is just way too good. If you go as a non-BLU for a few runs, your group will probably be begging you to switch back lol.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2012-10-30 01:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Thank you =)

I suggest you give DD a try for one night, or even just for one run. Depending on your personality, you may enjoy it more, or you may hate it. I think it's enlightening to see the pros and cons of both.
Damage output is definitely behind my monk's for most things. Not by a lot, but enough that I can notice it. The utility though is just way too good. If you go as a non-BLU for a few runs, your group will probably be begging you to switch back lol.

Well, I'm done with nyzul, and my only heavy dd is drg, of which everyone in my possible groups has better geared, and is more skilled than my own, while I'm the "badass" blu of the bunch so if I end up helping anyone do nyzul, it'll be on blu or perhaps sch or brd on my alt. ^^; But even not directly playing, I can see the other DD's dealing more DOT and WS damage than I do, granted, they were all very well geared. All our parses agree with that, but I feel you cannot replace a blu in nyzul and have the same party dynamic.
By Gameesh 2012-10-30 04:43:36
Link | Citer | R

Does learning Tourbillion and thus getting back to 100% BLU spells count? It sure felt like an accomplishment at least ^^;
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2012-10-30 04:44:48
Link | Citer | R

Gameesh said: »
Does learning Tourbillion and thus getting back to 100% BLU spells count? It sure felt like an accomplishment at least ^^;
It sure does! Grats!
By Gameesh 2012-10-30 05:01:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Llewelyn said: »
Gameesh said: »
It sure does! Grats!

Thanks. Looking back I wish there was a lightly less... obscure way to learn that spell XD At least GoH and Bulwark have Abyssea counterparts to learn from...
 Lakshmi.Saevel
By Lakshmi.Saevel 2012-10-30 09:10:10
Link | Citer | R

I was at level 13, for about 8 minutes =P

Yep Blue is that amazing in NNI. It's not quite the pure damage that dedicated DD's will have, but it makes up for it with sheer versatility and AoE damage abilities. It's like a Gerber/Leatherman, never know how useful it is until you start carrying one with you, and then you really miss it when it's not around.
[+]
 Cerberus.Sey
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Sey
By Cerberus.Sey 2012-11-03 08:02:14
Link | Citer | R

Finally got off the 85 bandwagon and took Almace to 90. Think I may park it there, not sure if I want to spam Qilins for the next 5 months or so >.<.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
user: Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-03 16:08:34
Link | Citer | R

Got 4/5 Thaumas gear this week. Finally getting close to some ideal sets, trying to figure out which legs to use for CDC though. Here's my set:

I have Mavi Tayt+2 and Tumbler Trunks (both in use in other gearsets so inventory is not a factor), which would win in most situations? These days mostly using my BLU in Dynamis and Abyssea, but may start using it again in NNI after embrava nerf if that matters.

ETA: (the 4/5 Thaumas was my accomplishment, tacked on the question so as not to bump 2 threads)
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-11-03 16:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Cheruski Needle, go!

Thaumas Kecks, I'd think. (You said 4/5 so I'm assuming head is the one you're missing, correct me if I'm wrong!)

DEX+5 Attack + 18 vs.

STR+11 Attack + +19 Dex +2
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-03 16:22:03
Link | Citer | R

I'm actually missing the hands, got the head as a drop.
And, duh, I forgot about set bonus. Guess this means I can finally drop Tumbler Trunks from BLU inventory. Secondary accomplishment!
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-11-03 22:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Use Athos's Tights if you can get them, they'll easily last til Khepri (or Abatteur if you're inclined towards inventory conservation).
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-04 00:40:38
Link | Citer | R

Would love Athos Tights but Ocythoe shouts are rare on Bahamut and Anhur Robe has been depleting my voidstones lately. Is the difference between Athos and Thaumas going to be marginal or significant? (With my current job rotation, the opportunity cost of getting tights is not negligible.)
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 00:55:37
Link | Citer | R

It's a 2%~ difference in Athos's favor assuming Athos/Athos and Myrmex/Thaumas.

edit: oh, kacura hands +1. 1 sec..

edit2: 0.5%~ difference between Kacura/Athos and Kacura/Thaumas, in Athos's favor. Lead would become more pronounced toward Athos with capped attack, my calculations were slightly below, but it'd be a negligible difference.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-04 01:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Proth, do Athos require the set bonus to be effective for CDC?

Asking because Khepri Kecks are extremely expensive and I have Athos Boots, basically trying to maximize my dmg output without hexed -1 gear (which is nearly nonexistent on Bahamut, and seemingly everywhere else, and I think SE planned it that way but that's for another thread).
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-11-04 01:18:31
Link | Citer | R

Honestly your best bet without -1 gear would be athos gloves + legs with thaumas feet or myrmex hands + thaumas legs. Kacura hands + athos legs would be runner up, but only by, as I said, a very very small margin compared to kacura+thaumas.
 Bahamut.Cantontai
By Bahamut.Cantontai 2012-11-04 01:28:01
Link | Citer | R

So unless I'm mistaken, best bet with current inventory is Thaumas Kecks, and I need to get back to Smierc and Ocythoe? Need Myrmex for spell sets anyway, so we'll see about that soon.
First Page 2 3 ... 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23