Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-07 02:26:51
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Asura.Vyre said: »
Josiahfk is an *** man, confirmed.
I love the boss fight nerd! and it's style. Not it's goodies!
He admits it :O
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-07 12:00:01
Link | Citer | R

Some people theorize that she's somehow related to Ciaran, but I don't really see it.
 Carbuncle.Lynxblade
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: Lynxblade
By Carbuncle.Lynxblade 2016-05-07 20:16:22
Link | Citer | R

Very souls like game you may have heard of in the works....

YouTube Video Placeholder

Idk what Genre of game these souls games are considered....but from all the dark souls and other vids I've been seeing, I really need to get into these games

Also, Competition is always a good thing especially in video games...
 Ragnarok.Raenil
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-07 20:51:23
Link | Citer | R

Nioh is interesting. I dicked around on the Alpha for a bit.

I'd consider it closer to like, a Dante Must Die difficulty Devil May Cry game. With RPG elements added in a Samurai Era Japan setting.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-07 20:54:34
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Ragnarok.Martel said: »
Well, there was split damage involved, but I don;t think that's why.

The most recent example of this was during the Pontiff boss. Using a greatshield(Wolf Knight's) with magic shield up, a normal hit would take a barely visible sliver of HP off.

But if I took a hit while attacking and blocking, it would take a big chunk outta my HP.

If it were just due to the hybrid damage, then it'd happen whether I was attacking or not.
When you attack with the shield up, it locks your movement and block arrangement into a very narrow hit box. You will also lose stamina used for the attack, in addition to stamina as though your shield had half of its normal stability(haven't tested the specifics). This even goes when you have Great Magic Shield up, so you can cause yourself to stagger by attacking from behind the shield.

It halves damage absorptions as well(so Pontiff Sulyvahn's attacks are Magical and Fire, you now only block 34% of his damage), but I refuse to try and attack from behind the shield if I don't have Great Magic Shield up, as the stamina lost even with it up is tremendous, and since you can be riposted/take extra damage for being staggered, it's something I refuse to allow to happen.

Basically, attacking from behind a shield is something you will only want to do during PVP when you let a hyper aggressive player land blows on your shield. it's like a free shot at them, because you can pretty much always block at least one swing and stagger them before the next, if you timed it correctly(and also because Poise doesn't work in DS3). Attacking from behind the shield is something they left in the game, but they want you to not do it, because Miyazaki wants everyone to get away from being shy and relying on shields(hence why all shields in DS3 have dramatically lower stability than in DS1). That said, the option for shield based play still exists in Great Magic Shield(and Great Shields as well), but as I said, attacking from behind it negates GMS's effect.
Thanks for the explanation.

I do not like this. And Miyazaki can bite me.(not that I don't still love this game, but..)
At this point, they may as well have removed Attacking while blocking, nerfing it that hard. There's not much point to it if you're gonna take damage anyway.

I love using shields. They're particularly useful for breaking new ground without dying. Rolling requires timing, and greater knowledge of the enemy's telegraphs and move set. Rolling in spaces you don't know well is also a good way to go off a cliff. Keep the shield up, forge ahead.

This isn't to say that rolling isn't useful. But I tend to apply that where the stamina cost of blocking is to high, there's too much elemental dmg or status build up bleeding through, or I just know the mob and have the timing down for dodge and counter.

Also, wtf at this poise thing. Why the hell is this stat in the game then? there's a ring dedicated to it! Have there been bug reports sent or official statements about this?
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-07 21:03:42
Link | Citer | R

They literally changed a 1 to 0 at some point in the development process specifically for characters. Modders on PC have already figured out how to turn it back on with CE and it functions exactly as it did in DS1.

Best assumption would be that they figured both Hyper armor and DS1 Poise in the same game would be a bit ridiculous.

Shields seem to be the strongest they've ever been, particularly with how effective MS/GMS are. Add that to how strong Spears and Thrusting Swords are in this game, I guess they figured something needed to be reworked.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-07 21:30:38
Link | Citer | R

Here you are, Solaire vs. The Nameless King.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-07 21:55:23
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-07 22:10:22
Link | Citer | R

/em recruits Raneil to the King's Blackhands.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-07 22:21:57
Link | Citer | R

Blackhand Kamui, Blackhand Gotthard, and Blackhand Linear :3
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-07 23:44:25
Link | Citer | R

Josi, I demand your SL1 kill of the Nameless King STAT

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-08 00:31:01
Link | Citer | R

Alex Roe being Alex Roe. Great stuff as usual from him.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-08 00:50:51
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »
They literally changed a 1 to 0 at some point in the development process specifically for characters. Modders on PC have already figured out how to turn it back on with CE and it functions exactly as it did in DS1.

Best assumption would be that they figured both Hyper armor and DS1 Poise in the same game would be a bit ridiculous.

Shields seem to be the strongest they've ever been, particularly with how effective MS/GMS are. Add that to how strong Spears and Thrusting Swords are in this game, I guess they figured something needed to be reworked.
In this context what does hyper armour mean? Not sure if I'm missing a commonly used term in my DS dictionary here or what.

Also... Did poise not work/have minimal effect on DS2? seems to be implied. I played that game a ton and never noticed...

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-08 01:06:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Martel said: »
In this context what does hyper armour mean? Not sure if I'm missing a commonly used term in my DS dictionary here or what.

Also... Did poise not work/have minimal effect on DS2? seems to be implied. I played that game a ton and never noticed...
Hyper armor was a system from Demon's Souls, which allowed heavier weapon classes to trade with lighter weapons by being invulnerable to hit stun from lighter weapon classes during certain frames of an attack animation. In DS3's case, it starts roughly midway through the animation.

Dark Souls 2 poise kept you from being fully staggered, if your poise wasn't broken,, but caused an interruption. Interrupts still allowed you to escape from a second guaranteed hit.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-08 02:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Except in Dark Souls 3 case, most all of the heavy weapons don't actually possess hyper armor or effective hyper armor, leading to very easy to interrupt circumstances(such as with the quick peck of an estoc or the swift swing of a straight sword). In a lot of cases, the hyper armor frames come too late, and you get nothing! People are clinging on to any example that fits their hyper armor wants and experiences, but it just isn't there in a lot of cases.

Though Vordt's Great Hammer is a great example of where Hyper Armor is, as most of its attacks are uninterruptable. A lot of the L2 attacks that lead in with stomp or a stomp like ability also work, as does the poise increase from Unfaltering Prayer(Uninterruptable Wrath of the Gods weeeee). Can also gain crazy poise from Ironflesh, but the uses are limited(a guaranteed Sacred Flame grab is pretty ridic though, even without accounting for the SF glitch, considering how most people play).

My guess for them turning off poise, is that once they tested a build where the guy stacked all of the possible poise buffs, he probably couldn't be interrupted at all, and while that doesn't mean you get to attack with impunity, it does mean that when you trade hits, you're getting two or more for the price of one. I think they decided that it'd be better to just let everyone get slapped around like rag dolls, since a lot of players were used to a Bloodborne style of play anyway by the time DS3 dropped(I know I was, though I quickly gravitated back to my shield since my weapons ain't got the reach/swing arcs of Bloodborne ones, that and the lack of healing items etc).
 Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness 2016-05-08 02:56:46
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if the Carthus Milkring adds any iFrames to your roll? Or is the ring just merely a visual aesthetic? (Beyond the 3 points of dex.)

Really miss the ninja flip ring from DS1. ; ;
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-08 02:59:30
Link | Citer | R

They do, but again, it doesn't kick in until about half-way ~ tho-thirds through the animation. And Hyper Armor seems to work in a priority system. Heavier weapon classed will overtake the hyper armor of lighter. UGS/GA/GH > GS/CGS etc.

Stomp and Perseverance mess with the hierarchy, and as far as PvP is concerned, are considered top tier weapon arts.
 Ragnarok.Raenil
By Ragnarok.Raenil 2016-05-08 03:00:19
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Rulerofdarkness said: »
Anyone know if the Carthus Milkring adds any iFrames to your roll? Or is the ring just merely a visual aesthetic? (Beyond the 3 points of dex.)

Really miss the ninja flip ring from DS1. ; ;
Dex and Visual effect. I hear it miiight mess with enemy tracking but I haven't seen any legitimate testing done.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-08 03:23:10
Link | Citer | R

Definitely just DEX with visual effect as far as I know lol. Been hit while invisible during the roll.

Trying to get the Wolf Ring atm, the Bloodgrass comes pretty fast from Ghrus, have had terrible luck with Watchdog summons. Not as bad as BS or DmB, but close to it. Also when I did get summoned, first was a gank, second time my pizza timer went off, and I prioritized the pizza over winning. #scrublife
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-05-08 03:25:40
Link | Citer | R

Can I just get a ring with a Reprisal effect? I block, it hurts you. Does want.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-08 03:46:56
Link | Citer | R

No, but you can get a ring that doubles the damage you receive!

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-08 03:51:59
Link | Citer | R

No lol.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Zeig
user: Zeig
By Ragnarok.Zeig 2016-05-08 05:14:44
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Raenil said: »

Alex Roe being Alex Roe. Great stuff as usual from him.
Alex Roe already getting on his Soulsborne remixes <3
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2016-05-08 06:34:37
Link | Citer | R

It might have something to do with it being 7:36am and I haven't been to bed yet, but Champion Gundyr finally beat me for the first time on Journey 3. /raaaaaaaage
First Page 2 3 ... 201 202 203 ... 224 225 226