Do BLMS Still Latent?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Do BLMS still latent?
Do BLMS still latent?
 Lakshmi.Famousplatinum
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
By Lakshmi.Famousplatinum 2012-06-04 05:23:27
Link | Citer | R

A Real Blm shouldn't be getting hit, or even then shouldn't be dieing period. There's way too many ways a Blm can survive (Fanatic's, Fool's, Potion's, Manawall, Convert, Stun, ect )in Abyssea and any VW Mob. I wish to know the Blms you know, any "Good" Blm, and as ignorant as that sounds uses this Ring 90% of the time.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 05:25:42
Link | Citer | R

Call me a noob for not using it anymore, but with the outdated enmity caps vs the insane dmg we deal these days, I personally think PDT\MDT gear is more important than 6+ extra gearslots for 10 mab instead of 7 INT
[+]
 Shiva.Wishes
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Wishes 2012-06-04 05:42:50
Link | Citer | R

What's making you think there's either a choice of PDT/MDT set or your Latent set? You can cut out Enfeebling gear for starters, tell me when you're using it on VW mobs then MAYBE I'll change my opinion on Enfeebling gear for Blm in VW. But other than that, I can practicly always gear up everything I need depending on the situation at hand and STILL have enough space for Latent gear. But dont get me wrong, everytime I need all my sets I easily reach capped inventory for my BLM.. But that's RARE so i dont see why people are saying that nonsense.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 05:46:05
Link | Citer | R

Then again, on which VW is your nuke dmg really that important other than Rex and Bis?
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2012-06-04 05:48:03
Link | Citer | R

The Ring is way more of an annoyance than help. Not just to the user but to your healers as well.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 05:50:20
Link | Citer | R

If people want to use it, I don't mind at all, it's their choice, it's still the best ring in slot.
But yeah, I find it more annoying than it's worth, atleast personally.
I feel like my BLM is more than good enough dmg-wise as it is :P
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-06-04 06:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Ring is awesome
[+]
 Shiva.Wishes
By Shiva.Wishes 2012-06-04 06:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
Anyways... Gimping is cool I guess. Even if that means its a annoyance to the healers, but it shouldn't be if they know how to read me telling them in the first place, just me tho.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 06:08:59
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Finalvegeta said: »
Ring is awesome

You left me, you don't count anymore :(
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-06-04 06:10:13
Link | Citer | R

Ring is awesome

You left me, you don't count anymore :(

Had to D: Might come back this summer dunno.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 06:11:20
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Wishes said: »
Anyways... Gimping is cool I guess. Even if that means its a annoyance to the healers, but it shouldn't be if they know how to read me telling them in the first place, just me tho.

30-50 dmg or whatever vs 6+ free inv spots for other stuff, I'll keep gimping myself that much :p
Like I said, I used the ring before, but I just don't think it's worth it anymore.
Back at 75 I'd facepalm a bit when people did'nt use it, now I'm completely neutral.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-06-04 06:12:49
Link | Citer | R

People pay millions of gil for a HQ to do 50 more dmg.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 06:14:03
Link | Citer | R

People pay millions of gil for a HQ to do 50 more dmg.

Yeah but that's not at the cost of 6+ inv slots to make one slot work :p
 Shiva.Wishes
By Shiva.Wishes 2012-06-04 06:14:42
Link | Citer | R

I still dont understand how 6 Inventory Slots being free is the only thing I can find as why people dont use the ring, it's 2012, you dont need every set of gear for Blm in events as they'll be doing less good than the Latent gear if you REALLY think hard. Try it.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 06:16:13
Link | Citer | R

The 6+ inv slots would take up space in the moghouse when not used on BLM, so they'd be a problem even when I'd be on other jobs.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-06-04 06:17:02
Link | Citer | R

I use Zenith mitts +1 (Also used for MBing), Zenith pumps (which could have a nice cure pot augment I think?), Dalmatica and Zenith Crown and Bifrost ring. That's not that much :x To me it's worth it. To others it isn't. Everyone has to decide themselves
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 06:17:03
Link | Citer | R

What's making you think there's either a choice of PDT/MDT set or your Latent set? You can cut out Enfeebling gear for starters, tell me when you're using it on VW mobs then MAYBE I'll change my opinion on Enfeebling gear for Blm in VW. But other than that, I can practicly always gear up everything I need depending on the situation at hand and STILL have enough space for Latent gear. But dont get me wrong, everytime I need all my sets I easily reach capped inventory for my BLM.. But that's RARE so i dont see why people are saying that nonsense.
You necessarily need to bring fastcast, nuke, idle, pdt, mdt sets+staves and obis for 7 different elements and meds. And you still have space for hp/mp gear? Are you Mary Poppins?
 Shiva.Wishes
By Shiva.Wishes 2012-06-04 06:17:42
Link | Citer | R

They all have good uses with proper augments. So i dont see how that's possible.
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-06-04 06:18:22
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
You necessarily need to bring fastcast, nuke, idle, pdt, mdt sets+staves and obis for 7 different elements and meds. And you still have space for hp/mp gear? Are you Mary Poppins?

When do you use other nukes aside from thunder/ice? Maybe on some certain NMs but for those you can easily swap the obis and stuff from your satchel
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 06:18:54
Link | Citer | R

I use Zenith mitts +1 (Also used for MBing), Zenith pumps (which could have a nice cure pot augment I think?), Dalmatica and Zenith Crown and Bifrost ring. That's not that much :x To me it's worth it. To others it isn't. Everyone has to decide themselves

Exactly.
Personal choices, and the things I mentioned are the reasons I personally chose to gimp myself those 30-50dmg.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 06:19:27
Link | Citer | R

If you're not serious enough to have proper gear for all elements, then why bother with this ring~
[+]
 Cerberus.Finalvegeta
By Cerberus.Finalvegeta 2012-06-04 06:21:28
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
If you're not serious enough to have proper gear for all elements, then why bother with this ring~

Why carry them all the time? Most of the time you don't use anything besides thunder and ice.
 Carbuncle.Jsbahamut
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: JSbahamut
By Carbuncle.Jsbahamut 2012-06-04 06:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Any BLM worth his salt today has way too many situational pieces in his inventory to justify carrying -HP stuff (especially non-tarus).
It's just too much to sacrifice for what is today much less an increase in damage as it was at 75. Well, except if all you care about is e-peen damage, I guess.

On the topic of VoidWatch BLM damage, I have seen BLM being top DD, outside of Botulus/Gaunab. Parses or it didn't happen? I do have them, a lot of them. Feel free to PM. Also, no, the other DDs didn't suck either. BLM potential in VW is greatly underestimated really.
[+]
 Shiva.Wishes
By Shiva.Wishes 2012-06-04 06:26:08
Link | Citer | R

And Sehachan,

You dont need to carry all obi's around with you, just carry one for the current day and next day, and whenever those days pass, get whichever you need after from Mog Satchel or Mog Safe, simple. And alot of times too I keep my PDT/MDT sets in the moghouse as I dont have much use with them with Fanatic's and Fool's, and whenever I do need them I just get them out of the Satchel, another easy fix. Do you understand you dont always need every set of gear? Be funny if you were too bring all Obi's, PDT/MDT sets, on most of the EASY VW Content where you're more than likely getting spammed Temps. But I agree, always bring idle set :)
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2012-06-04 06:29:23
Link | Citer | R

Implying you always have fanatic/fools.

Btw, correct me if I'm wrong but you can't macro stuff to go in/out your gobbiebag.

And scholar storms.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 06:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Jsbahamut said: »
Any BLM worth his salt today has way too many situational pieces in his inventory to justify carrying -HP stuff (especially non-tarus). It's just too much to sacrifice for what is today much less an increase in damage as it was at 75. Well, except if all you care about is e-peen damage, I guess. On the topic of VoidWatch BLM damage, I have seen BLM being top DD, outside of Botulus/Gaunab. Parses or it didn't happen? I do have them, a lot of them. Feel free to PM. Also, no, the other DDs didn't suck either. BLM potential in VW is greatly underestimated really.

Oh I don't doubt BLM can parse well, I've seen that happen myself.
I'm just saying that the 30-50 dmg extra you deal from the ring will very very rarely make or break you in a VW fight, unless you'r not proccing at all and just trying to parse up top.
And let's face it, most of the time on BLM in VW, you'r casting proc spells (except when you get lucky and get other good blms to proc with you)
 Shiva.Wishes
By Shiva.Wishes 2012-06-04 06:33:38
Link | Citer | R

You dont have to be a genius to know when you're going to need these sets for certain content, and no I dont mean macro in and out of my Moogle Sack/Satchel, just the smarts to take them out BEFORE you need them, atleast I know when I fight things I know what I'm up against, but sounds like you go about FFXI Oblivious and carrying every piece of gear because "You never know when you're going to need it", good arguement tho.
[+]
 Valefor.Nugzkraka
Serveur: Valefor
user: nugzkraka
By Valefor.Nugzkraka 2012-06-04 06:37:18
Link | Citer | R

kill enf gear for ring if your short inventory imo
[+]
 Cerberus.Kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2012-06-04 06:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Also just FYI, you _can_ macro stuff in\out of satchel\sack with the use of itemizer, it just takes like a second to move a piece of gear.
So used well with autoexec you can pretty much fully automaticly move obis from satchel\sack to inv and back as needed based on day\weather.
[+]