Level 60 BCNM BLM Gear Question

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Level 60 BCNM BLM Gear question
Level 60 BCNM BLM Gear question
By Bakkheia 2012-05-21 10:48:14
Link | Citer | R

I don't really understand how the syncing process works for high level gear, do here is my question.

If you have a 99 BLM with full +2 Emp Armor, would it be better to leave that gear on and have it sync'd down or would it be better to collect BLM Artifact armor and other assorted levels 60 gear?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By FranSchettino 2012-05-21 11:05:04
Link | Citer | R

Conventionally, it's better to get gear that roughly suits the level cap. I'm not sure exactly how thorough the gear implications of level sync are now-a days, but you would find that stats outside of the fundamental attributes and combat enhancers (STR/DEX, Att, HP etc.) would be dismissed all together until the requisite level of the piece was achieved. With that in mind, even in the few levels leading to the natural level of the gear, it would have been better to use something you could have otherwise used at that level anyway.
By Schwertzauberer 2012-05-21 15:24:38
Link | Citer | R

I agree that for the most part, you'll be better off gearing for the level but the best way to know for sure which is better is to try the different sets you want to compare while under sync. Not all of the HL gear syncs down in the same way, some pieces may offer some surprises.

Good luck!
By Bakkheia 2012-05-22 07:08:57
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much for your thoughts. I appreciate it. Don't want to be wasting time/orbs not winning because my gear isn't helping me our in the BCNM's.