Magian Staff Of The Not Ice And Thunder Variety

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Magian staff of the not ice and thunder variety
Magian staff of the not ice and thunder variety
 Sylph.Annex
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-05-20 11:26:17
Link | Citer | R

Basically I have my wind staff at the point where I can either make it a nuking staff or a smn -perp staff.

So here is the question, are wind, fire, water, and earth staffs worth to make for nuking? I already have ice and thunder and they were both annoying to make.

I really don't really use anything besides blizzard IV/V/aga III/ja as well as the thunder equivalent. I know in VW you use the other elements but I never go blm to vw.

your thoughts?
 Sylph.Sagiaurex
user: Sagiaurex
By Sylph.Sagiaurex 2012-05-20 11:30:34
Link | Citer | R

I've been wondering the same also if its worth spending the money (or the time for that matter) on geodes for anything but Ajama and Vouru as far as a nuking staff is concerned.
 Lakshmi.Famousplatinum
Serveur: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Famousplatinum 2012-05-20 11:38:34
Link | Citer | R

Depends if you're serious about your Blm, I think if you want to give your Smn a major improvement over such a minor improvement for you're blm you could do that... But I think it will come to use. It can also help for things like gravity when you dont need HQ Staff or Magic Acc Magian Staff obviously to lower recast's also other than just to nuke in..
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2012-05-20 11:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Had this been back 75-80 cap I would have said smn staff, but SE did a nice job cutting down perp costs. There is ample gear to this effect. I personally did the perp staff for Garuda. It was nice for a time but honestly the benefit is tiny now. It lets me adjust my perp gear set to allow 1 extra tick of refresh as opposed to using a Fay or Bahamut's Staff.

I vote BLM Staff.
 Lakshmi.Famousplatinum
By Lakshmi.Famousplatinum 2012-05-20 11:44:28
Link | Citer | R

Yah I vote Blm staff there's very few times that 1 mp a tick will break the game!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Famousplatinum
By Lakshmi.Famousplatinum 2012-05-20 12:02:23
Link | Citer | R

He already has the Ice and Thunder Staffs, and now with the new Perp items and ect you'll only be saving 1 tick MP with the Garuda's Staff, but I guess it's better to spam Blood pact's in... But honestly, I'd just do the BLM version. But I guess you have to also think how much you're gonna be using Gravity against something with low resistance, and Wind damage spells against any mob nowadays.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Famousplatinum
By Lakshmi.Famousplatinum 2012-05-20 12:07:00
Link | Citer | R

Haha that's neat to think about lol, I guess it helps Rdm/Nin too for super solo's! For more than just 1 thing too. Rdm doesn't have a hard time sticking Enfeebs either. Offtopic tho.
 Sylph.Kiaru
user: Shiyo
By Sylph.Kiaru 2012-05-20 12:17:02
Link | Citer | R

Both are pretty much equally useless, but at least the BLM staff CAN have some uses. Breeze geodes are pretty expensive though, so you're pretty much wasting money on something you'll never use (besides proccing on blm).
 Lakshmi.Famousplatinum
By Lakshmi.Famousplatinum 2012-05-20 12:21:09
Link | Citer | R

But it make's your inventory list look pretty ;(
[+]
 Sylph.Annex
user: Annex
By Sylph.Annex 2012-05-20 19:09:50
Link | Citer | R

Well I guess it could give me something to do with the boredom i will have soon since summer is about to start soon.
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-05-20 19:32:50
Link | Citer | R

I have all of the elemental dmg staves, except earth, and just the fast cast on them alone makes them worth it for me. I blm in VW a lot and when the proc is earth, I /sigh because I can see/feel the difference of how slow I nuke, even with my other FC gear.
[+]
 Leviathan.Celebrindal
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Celebrindal 2012-05-23 20:26:40
Link | Citer | R

I've done the wind potency staff as well, and to be honest I plan to do a full set of potency staves, but it will be a long process that clearly hasn't happened back to back to back. Why do it? Just out of love of the job, and in a way it will be my BLM relic to have that full set of potency staves. I still am pissed the final step only adds a reduction in casting time and not a final boost in potency.

Do you need them? Depends on your level of commitment to the job. I'd say you can really go bare bones and do none, go expected and just do ice/thunder MAB, or really over what is expected by most players and do even 1 or 2 more. Your call as to how far you want to take the job.
[+]