Game: FFXI
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-09-05 21:15:20
Link | Citer | R

Endlesscc said: »
Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
Tizona is always worth it and is the best sword for BLU to have because it allows you to avoid MP issues and allows you to actually use your spells. I'd say that Almace isn't worth it and Naegling is only good if you're spamming SB for some reason.

Ah good to know it is still the best.
I am guessing it is something that need to bring all the way to R15 and is Tizona pair well with Thibron? I have like 4000 alex before i quit before and I guess the upcoming NNI campaign would be decent for both Alex and also some mysterious item? (how how high of ilevel would tbe mysterious item goes?)

Thank you

IMO, if you're making Tizona you should plan to afterglow and R15 it. Thib offhand really hurts ACC on higher tier content but the TP bonus is worth it. When I take BLU to dynamis, I hover around 89% ACC on wave 3, which includes hunters roll and madrigal. I think Sheol C floor 4 is similar.

How much would it cost to AG Tizona and R15 these days? When i did my Almace AG it was around 120million. After I done Idris before my last quit k only have like 40million to my name lol. I guess I can farm the left over 26k alexandrite that should cut the cost down drastically.
While doing High level content would the gleti or Odin sword be a better offhand if one is having accuracy issue?

It's pretty expensive to do that and I'd recommend going the slow route if you intend to play for a while. I farmed almost all the dets for mine from Dyna and Omen but I did buy all the Alex. I was fortunate enough to have someone give me 9000 beitetsu for free.

I would rather have buffs help me achieve a respectable ACC than to change my offhand. I actually used to use that one unity sword for my offhand since it has a ton of ACC but Odin sword and sakpata sword work too.
By Endlesscc 2023-09-05 21:31:33
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
90~125m for the Alex
3~9m for Scoria
35~45m for Beitetsu
55~65m for the Swart

Thank you!
I guess i could try to farm this myself before the server shut down, lol! Probably not as bad but what would be the best campaign for Alex? Is the upcoming NNI campaign worth it?
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-09-05 21:39:45
Link | Citer | R

Spambuscade would be your best bet for a good chunk of Alex, plus you should have enough points to get some of the other things you need. Sprinkle in some bazaar bargain shopping and you should be done in a couple months. I made four or five mythics and I've always done it the slow way. If you're rolling in disposable income IRL, buy some gil lol.
By Endlesscc 2023-09-05 23:03:44
Link | Citer | R

Spambuscade would be your best bet for a good chunk of Alex, plus you should have enough points to get some of the other things you need. Sprinkle in some bazaar bargain shopping and you should be done in a couple months. I made four or five mythics and I've always done it the slow way. If you're rolling in disposable income IRL, buy some gil lol.

Is ambus better way than doing the every 2 hours run (i did some of those salvage thing before i quit few years ago basically just run through like 5 maps and the make it to the boss for pouch). Nice five mythics man i just want Tizona and Burt lol!
And no i don’t make great money irl :p
 Asura.Sechs
Serveur: Asura
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-09-06 00:45:08
Link | Citer | R

Empy+3 head vs Nyame R25 head for Expiacion?
2% more WSD, much more attack (more acc too but I guess that's irrelevant) vs 4% DA.
Hashishin also has slightly higher STR/DEX/INT.

I guess Hashishin should win?
By Shichishito 2023-09-06 03:47:50
Link | Citer | R

The way you put it it sounds like hashishin kavuk +3 could win but you left out skillchain bonus +5, did you already cap that from other sources?
By SimonSes 2023-09-06 09:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Tizona is always worth it and is the best sword for BLU to have because it allows you to avoid MP issues and allows you to actually use your spells. I'd say that Almace isn't worth it and Naegling is only good if you're spamming SB for some reason.

Ah good to know it is still the best.
I am guessing it is something that need to bring all the way to R15 and is Tizona pair well with Thibron? I have like 4000 alex before i quit before and I guess the upcoming NNI campaign would be decent for both Alex and also some mysterious item? (how how high of ilevel would tbe mysterious item goes?)

Thank you

IMO, if you're making Tizona you should plan to afterglow and R15 it. Thib offhand really hurts ACC on higher tier content but the TP bonus is worth it. When I take BLU to dynamis, I hover around 89% ACC on wave 3, which includes hunters roll and madrigal. I think Sheol C floor 4 is similar.

I wouldn't go that far. Thibron accuracy in standard AM3 set is around the same as Caladbolg DRK. It's not exactly high, but still within standards of accuracy of some topend ilvl weapons on lowend accuracy DD jobs.
By SimonSes 2023-09-06 09:43:00
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »
The way you put it it sounds like hashishin kavuk +3 could win but you left out skillchain bonus +5, did you already cap that from other sources?

The way you put it sounds like you would skillchain with Expiacion and he wasn't asking about that?

That being said if you specifically skillchain with Expiacion, then it's probably because your target take good damage from skillchains and then with at least 39% skillchain bonus you have without head, your darkness SC will most likely be capped at 99k anyway.

Asura.Sechs said: »
(more acc too but I guess that's irrelevant)

It's very relevant, because Expiacion set has much less accuracy than TP set, meaning you might not be capped with Thibron and while Thibron connecting during Expiacion is not a huge damage (probably around 1-2% higher WS damage) it's still significant enough in this comparison. What is even more significant than damage though, is TP return from Thibron hit during Expiacion, because with samurai roll that's around 115TP and that either means higher WS frequency or TP overflow resulting in like 2.5% higher WS damage.

So 43 more accuracy on Hashishin is definitely relevant.
[+]
By Shichishito 2023-09-06 10:37:35
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
The way you put it sounds like you would skillchain with Expiacion and he wasn't asking about that?

That being said if you specifically skillchain with Expiacion, then it's probably because your target take good damage from skillchains and then with at least 39% skillchain bonus you have without head, your darkness SC will most likely be capped at 99k anyway.
I guess the missunderstand is me defaulting to solo situations with Tizona when talking about BLU while you guys are talking about party situations and naegling?? In party sutations, alliance aside cause that's pure chaos, I usually still attempt to open or close if a second DD is present.

Do you guys use a toggle between WS spam and follow up WS for skillchain or is there some sort of script that detects which ones the right choice?

What is even more significant than damage though, is TP return from Thibron hit during Expiacion, because with samurai roll that's around 115TP and that either means higher WS frequency or TP overflow resulting in like 2.5% higher WS damage.
I don't get a lot of opportunities with SAM roll but that's a good argument for Hashishin Kavuk +3.
 Shiva.Cerderic
Serveur: Shiva
user: Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-09-06 10:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Shichishito said: »

Do you guys use a toggle between WS spam and follow up WS for skillchain or is there some sort of script that detects which ones the right choice?
You could replace the WS accuracy toggle on most luas with a skillchain toggle--or add another toggle to cycle through if you use the accuracy one.
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-09-17 17:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Not super important but relic/empyrean section in the guide for the +1/+2/+3 looks like something's broken?

I remember there used to be info maybe prothescar is updating it? thought I'd write just in case was missed by any reason. I always like those sections in guides so I reference them often :P
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-09-17 18:18:07
Link | Citer | R

Nope I haven't touched it, idk what happened to it. I'll have to rewrite it when I can
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-09-28 09:23:46
Link | Citer | R

I've been reviewing my weaponskill sets for most my jobs to make 2 different weaponskill sets between when I'm attack capped, and when I'm not.

I have to say, I'm rather surprised how much bluemage has been left behind over the years for physical damage and melee builds.

I knew it was happening, but I didn't look at the details until making these sets.

My blue mage PDL WS set only takes PDIF up to 3.5 (non-crit).

This is such a stark contrast to my Puppetmaster where I can take pdif up to 4.64 (non-crit) (I really like /drk for pup)

Guess I should test if /drg or /drk is better option for blu melee build now. /drk would at least get me alot higher pdif. +.2

I did modify the 'zahak' build in this guide taking away a bit more utility to give it higher attack bonus than you get from /war. I can't remember if its attack bonus 3 or 4 atm though. if I /drk I don't think I would use that, but I'd be losing out on the double attack from /war.

any thoughts on revising blu melee build?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-09-28 09:47:52
Link | Citer | R

You're having difficulty getting PDL on BLU? Are you avoiding putting Gleti on? It has 35% PDL with loads of attack, should be a no-brainer if you're at attack cap and looking to add PDL. Could also use crep pebble and Sroda ring. I think the bigger issue you'd run into is how much WSD to lose in order to gain more PDL, but that's an issue pretty much every job runs into, since PDL gear never has WSD on it.

Maybe you're just disappointed that the JSE neck and earring didn't get PDL? Seems like BLU has a ton of good PDL options.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-09-28 10:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
has 35% PDL with loads of attack, should be a no-brainer if you're at attack cap and looking to add PDL. Could also use crep pebble and Sroda ri

lol!! thank you! I was working it out late and totally forgot gleti. yeah I was 1/2 asleep.

thank you
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-09-28 20:37:16
Link | Citer | R

So you guys toggle between gleti's set for Expiacion w/ SV songs, and nyame set for 'low attack' situations?
By SimonSes 2023-09-29 06:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Personally I don't use Gleti's at all for Expiacion. With 13% PDL (Ephramad and pebble) only, Gleti's body and hands are very marginally better than R30 Nyame (like maybe 0.5%) while being worse defensively and reducing skillchain damage. You would also need to be 100% sure you fully overcap attack to even benefit with that +0.5% damage. Its not worth it imo. I wouldn't even use it (and i don't personally) over Nyame R25. If you include Środa ring, Gletis is no longer better and with Aria its even/worse than Nyame R25.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-09-29 18:41:32
Link | Citer | R

Personally I don't use Gleti's at all for Expiacion. With 13% PDL (Ephramad and pebble) only, Gleti's body and hands are very marginally better than R30 Nyame (like maybe 0.5%) while being worse defensively and reducing skillchain damage. You would also need to be 100% sure you fully overcap attack to even benefit with that +0.5% damage. Its not worth it imo. I wouldn't even use it (and i don't personally) over Nyame R25. If you include Środa ring, Gletis is no longer better and with Aria its even/worse than Nyame R25.

I never considered using Sroda for Expiration since it has a DEX modifier and Sroda has a huge DEX hit. I generally use a ring with INT or STR instead.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2023-09-29 19:18:30
Link | Citer | R

MND? lol
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2023-09-29 19:29:15
Link | Citer | R

30% MND and STR, 20% DEX. I'd assume +MND is better than -DEX.

Oops, I was confusing SB modifiers. SB had STR\MND and Expaician has INT\STR\DEX.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By DaneBlood 2023-10-15 17:05:03
Link | Citer | R

What are peoples spellset for blu doom cleaving in oddy?
-- edit --
asked to quick and found the guide here
https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/58723-Blue-Mage-Tanking-Cruel-Joke-Guide-for-Odyssey
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [37 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-21 10:21:57
Link | Citer | R

As proud new father of an AG Tizona, I'm considering my sub options. I have Naegling, Almace, Thibron, Zantet. Any thoughts on using Raetic +1 to get to 3000% then switching to Thibron (or Almace in accuracy thirsty situations) or am I being too autistic? I still use Naegling/Thibron in quick fights or if someone else is providing AM3 (Ody comes to mind), and Almace/Zantet in situations solo skillchain is better than raw damage (physical resistance). Of course I'm overthinking things, but I haven't seen mention of Raetic Blade +1 in here in several years so I was curious if it's still worth a purchase given I already have every other alternative.
[+]
By Nariont 2023-11-21 10:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Overkill imo, with all the MA and STP blu gets getting to 3k without raetic
[+]
 Shiva.Mewtwo
user: aisukage
By Shiva.Mewtwo 2023-11-21 10:59:36
Link | Citer | R

Also pointless as you will lose AM the second you swap your sub. not worth it.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-11-21 11:00:07
Link | Citer | R

How you want to get to 3000 then switch subhand weapon? You lose tp/am when you switch your offhand.
[+]
 Shiva.Cerderic
By Shiva.Cerderic 2023-11-21 11:02:35
Link | Citer | R

Hmm I guess I didn't realize that. Swear I had tested it with Almace AM at some point but apparently I did not. I guess that takes care of that consideration lol!
 Bahamut.Orlanda
user: afraidnot
By Bahamut.Orlanda 2023-12-01 22:04:39
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone tested out breath spells that have a level calculation with master levels and seen if that dramatically increases damage? Logic being that for breaths like Radiant or Frost Breath you'll factor in level 149 at ML50 vs normal level 99.

I was playing with it out of boredom and this set, assuming that the Glassblower's belt is more meaty towards the damage than the Platinum Moogle Belt's HP.

ItemSet 393797

If it works like how I think it might there might be some meme niche uses for demon or vermin mobs respectively.
By Shichishito 2023-12-02 01:15:15
Link | Citer | R

BLU can't wear moonlight ring.
Considering you probably want to burst since you added Assim. Shalwar +3 I think Hashishin basmak +3 outperform nyame sollerets and nyame flanchard or maybe even Hashishin Tayt +3(?) outperform Assim. Shalwar +3, however take it with a grain of salt cause I'm just eyeballing.

My math is most likely completely off so better wait for someone smart but with your set and assuming roughly 3000HP for convenience sake at lvl 149 I'm getting roughly 9k-10k damage. Thats MBing with burst affinity, convergince and assuming monster affinity in our favor, no day/weather bonuses included although I'm not sure if they'd even count.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 437 438 439 ... 449 450 451