First Page 2 3 ... 434 435 436 ... 446 447 448
 Asura.Wormfeeder
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2023-04-06 10:28:27
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
Asura.Neviskio said: »
later edit: do I also need to still bother with rawhide gloves for the SIRD? My set won't cap 101+ anyway it seems (about 84%) and would save 1 inv slot if I downgrade to a 10% SIRD glove...

You might not need them for SIRD, but they are also bis for blue magic skill (AFAIK) so you'll need/want them regardless of the SIRD

what is the cap on blue magic skill based spells. Are all blue spells uncapped? I am currently sitting at about 650 blue magic skill.
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2023-04-06 11:30:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Wormfeeder said: »
what is the cap on blue magic skill based spells. Are all blue spells uncapped? I am currently sitting at about 650 blue magic skill.

Depends on the spell, but there are several with no known caps, like Occultation and Magic Barrier.
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-06 11:34:22
Link | Citer | R

The only relevant spells that rely on Blue Magic Skill that I can think of are:
1) Diamondhide
2) Metallic Body
3) Magic Barrier
4) Atra. Libations
5) Occultation

1) and 2) are relevant but they cap at 500 BLU skill, so pretty easy.
3) has no known cap
4) is a Drain HP, not very relevant? There is no known cap for BLU skill afaik
5) I'd say is very relevant, you get +1 shadow every ~50 skill

Can't think of anything else atm but I'm sure there's gotta be something else that I can't remember.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2023-04-06 12:07:18
Link | Citer | R

Not sure I'd call metallic body or diamondhide relevant. Diamondhide maybe has some niche usage but metallic body is dreadful

Associated information for all of these spells is in the OP
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-04-06 13:15:02
Link | Citer | R

Eeeeeh... Metallic Body is pretty useless I guess.
Diamondhide is an odd ball. I wouldn't say it's terribly useful but not completely useless either, c'mon.

Either way, BLU skill is hardly relevant, given how it caps at 500.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-04-06 18:01:44
Link | Citer | R

Bigger question about the SIRD... how are you not hitting cap? Blu is one of the easiet jobs to cap SIRD on, between rawhide, amalric feet, AF legs, etc.

As for BLU stoneskins.... Basic /rdm stoneskin is 90% of the time more useful because its stronger assuming you take the time to collect the trinkets that boost it.
Diamondhide I use often in specific fights where im in more of a support role rather than DD, such as Mboze, mixing it inbetween TP drain spells to make the whm's job easier and have Mboze gain less tp hitting the drk from time to time. Metallic body on the other hand is an antiquated spell from the 75 era that was easily cut out of your spell set as early as the 50s..and basically only saw use when you had a spare point as a pre-buff for soloing imps and the like.
 Asura.Neviskio
user: Neviskio
By Asura.Neviskio 2023-04-06 19:01:31
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the info, I've not played BLU in a long while, I simply didn't put my SIRD items on the job since I just never had the need to, if I was on blu was in vagary so yeah.

I guess I can save a couple slots, keep the damn rawhide for blue skill/SIRD altho it's annoying :P

I'll re-read OP and make my mind later but yeah, severe inventory problems as always due to over-optimizing gear <.<
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2023-04-15 19:04:48
Link | Citer | R

I don't know if this has been asked, too lazy to go look. does platinum moogle belt replace gold moogle belt now. the sets still show gold moogle belt for white wind.
By Nariont 2023-04-15 19:11:49
Link | Citer | R

is 3 better than 10?
[+]
 Asura.Wormfeeder
By Asura.Wormfeeder 2023-04-15 20:10:55
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
is 3 better than 10?
I was just making sure just in case +3 water meant something.
By gistofanything 2023-04-15 20:11:10
Link | Citer | R

I'd work under the assumption that not all guides are updated promptly with each update (usually because there aren't many things to update with each patch).
By Chimerawizard 2023-04-15 21:08:12
Link | Citer | R

platinum moogle belt is not on ffxiah.com yet.
Item Not Found!
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2023-04-15 21:37:27
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
platinum moogle belt is not on ffxiah.com yet.
Item Not Found!

No new item has been added since the November update
By Gasho 2023-04-22 02:38:28
Link | Citer | R

does using full blue magic skill set helps learning spells faster?
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-04-22 02:46:20
Link | Citer | R

I always heard people tell me that, and did it out of superstition... but now that you're asking I cant say I've seen anyone provide proof. The thought process is that your skill is higher to match the level of the mob, where your skill would be @ or above the level at which you'd learn it?... I'd love to see someone drop more info on the matter

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Gasho 2023-04-22 03:21:54
Link | Citer | R

not undercapped, I do it because people used to say, go for the lower level mob to learn it faster. not sure if that is true too lol
By SimonSes 2023-04-22 04:27:30
Link | Citer | R

Gasho said: »
not undercapped, I do it because people used to say, go for the lower level mob to learn it faster. not sure if that is true too lol

That's not true for sure. The fastest way to learn is to go fight something that has least tp move beside the one you want to learn and with enough HP to let you feed it tp. What you want to do is get your target to below 25%, so it will use tp moves at 1000TP.
 Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Xilk
By Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk 2023-04-26 05:44:42
Link | Citer | R

Does pdl+ affect physical blue magic spells? did anyone think to test?
By SimonSes 2023-04-26 10:25:17
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Xilkk said: »
Does pdl+ affect physical blue magic spells? did anyone think to test?

I did as soon as it came out for BLU in bigger amount and sadly it doesn't. I think I tested it with full Gleti's R0.

EDIT: Technically it was available with bigger chunk from Malignance, but that set has no attack to support it, so I haven't bothered before Gleti's.
 Asura.Sechs
By Asura.Sechs 2023-05-08 16:12:33
Link | Citer | R

Anybody got a tierlist for the following three rings and Savage Blade? Well Black Halo too, granted it should be pretty similar.

Metamorph +1 R15
Epaminonda
Rufescent Ring

I guess it should be something like Epa > Meta > Rufe?
With the last two being very close to each other for SB, especially at uncapped att.
Not that close for Black Halo instead I suppose.
 Phoenix.Xax
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Xax 2023-05-08 18:05:11
Link | Citer | R

running the python script for savage blade is showing beithr R25 is 0.5% behind Epam. Rufescent ring 0.7% behind beithr. metamorph ring +1 R15 is 0.9% behind beithr

black halo showing metapmorph 0.6 behind epam. rufescent 0.8.
[+]

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2023-05-09 00:32:02
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Moonja said: »
AoE them down to 10% or less without killing them, nuke them with your highest tier 2 single target nuke. I go blu/rdm specifically for these objs. Doing this and having other /rdm spells is way more helpful to me than doing 1000 more damage.

I can’t tell you what blu only spell you would use. I imagine it would be super slow and annoying.

I only tribox sortie so I have cor brd and blu. I guess I could kill them with brd/sch. But it’s just so much easier blu/rdm.

I can't test on a leech right now, I already did sortie, but my Fire2 or Blizzard2 do 6-7k on the abject leeches.

Just doing a couple Blazing Bounds in escha ru'aun, can only get around 4200.

This is correct. Can't say it'd be worth subbing DRG or WAR for slight dps increase on bosses at the cost of the extreme ease you get at clearing A, and defense for other interactions. Subbing rdm stoneskin aquaveil and phalanx helps if you pull all 12 Flans as well, granted assuming you have some support w/ you.
By SimonSes 2023-05-09 04:07:31
Link | Citer | R

AoE them down to 10% or less without killing them, nuke them with your highest tier 2 single target nuke. I go blu/rdm specifically for these objs. Doing this and having other /rdm spells is way more helpful to me than doing 1000 more damage.

I can’t tell you what blu only spell you would use. I imagine it would be super slow and annoying.

I only tribox sortie so I have cor brd and blu. I guess I could kill them with brd/sch. But it’s just so much easier blu/rdm.

I can't test on a leech right now, I already did sortie, but my Fire2 or Blizzard2 do 6-7k on the abject leeches.

Just doing a couple Blazing Bounds in escha ru'aun, can only get around 4200.

You don't need /RDM at all for this. You have Subduction, which only has 5sec base recast and only cost 27mp doing good damage to everything too. You also should set it anyway for MAB trait. You can also simply just change main target for every AoE spell you do to kill (only use subduction if you have more targets and would kill before tagging something).
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By SimonSes 2023-05-09 05:10:09
Link | Citer | R

I tried doing that switching targets each nuke thing and it never seems to work. I really don’t care about changing anything at this point. I’ve been doing this same setup for months and changing from /rdm won’t make one bit of difference.

But point noted, maybe I’ll test it again another time.

I don't try to convince you to change really, just a note for anyone else trying. It works for sure, because it's how I do it every time and im using /drg :)

In 2 weeks it might all change anyway and we might need to prioritize different thing in Sortie :)

Post deleted by User.
By SimonSes 2023-05-09 06:30:25
Link | Citer | R

Are you using subduction only for this part? I guess I use azuresets and swap so I can just do 3-4 strong aoe before they are almost dead.

I’m am interested to test this again just to see where I messed up before. I do remember reading about this a while ago but I did not have success with it.

I'm lazy and don't swap spell mid Sortie anymore. Especially that Azuresets was causing terrible lags in Sortie at some point. So yeah, I generally use subduction only for this. I also only have Entomb (which I also use for crowd control in D or for aggro in basement) and Tenebral Crush (which I also use for def down on NMs) otherwise. I dont setup any special AoE spells, because those two are enough to kill everything in few nukes. I dont even buff for magic damage beside Verve, that I use for getting Aquaveil up.
First Page 2 3 ... 434 435 436 ... 446 447 448