The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 400 401 402 ... 445 446 447
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2020-12-14 20:35:29
Link | Citer | R

I haven't, but I never actively tried to either.
 Leviathan.Sarfa
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Sarfa
By Leviathan.Sarfa 2020-12-14 23:22:17
Link | Citer | R

According to BG-Wiki you can't learn from lair reive

Situations Where Spells May Not Be Learned
During Reives, with the exception of Wildskeeper Reives in which case players not KOed at the conclusion may learn a spell regardless of who lands the killing blow.

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Blue_Magic
[+]
 Cerberus.Caius
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Lavid
By Cerberus.Caius 2020-12-21 20:08:09
Link | Citer | R

With all the new Unity gear with augments are there any new variations/updates to sets like Physical spells, macc and add effect sets? I know there were some sets posted for updated MAB sets a few pages back.
By Shichishito 2020-12-22 02:10:36
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Caius said: »
With all the new Unity gear with augments are there any new variations/updates to sets like Physical spells, macc and add effect sets? I know there were some sets posted for updated MAB sets a few pages back.
R15 aurist's cape +1 comes to mind, especially if int/mnd play a role in landing add effects. but even if they don't i think it is still the most acc/macc combo you can find on a back piece.

maybe could make a argument for R15 blistering sallet +1 over jhakri corona +2. for spells that scale with it the sallets extra str/dex probably make up for the loss of jhakris attack. in turn you'd gain 5% haste around 8 acc and 1 macc (only if int/mnd do NOT affect additional effects macc).
you could swap out one stikini +1 for a R15 metamorph without losing much macc and saving some gil.
cohort cloak excells in macc and gazu bracelet in acc so you could build sets that favor one over the other.

imho only the aurist's cape is worth the hustle for physical additonal effects. wouldn't bother with the other pieces unless you already have them for a different sets or job.
however, untill SE buffs duration and/or potency of additional physical spell effects that set has very low priority.
By Pantafernando 2021-01-03 16:33:34
Link | Citer | R

Sup

For cleaving purposes, how high would be ranked Cohort in terms of dmg?

Second strongest? Third?

Thanks in advance
 Asura.Sagaxi
Serveur: Asura
user: xXSagaXx
By Asura.Sagaxi 2021-01-03 16:45:13
Link | Citer | R

What are the other relevant options? Jahkry (sp) +2 and Amalric +1? I was under the impression that augmented Cohort still pulls ahead.

Edit: Actually I'd check Rwolf post on page 396.
[+]
By SimonSes 2021-01-03 17:14:43
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Sup

For cleaving purposes, how high would be ranked Cohort in terms of dmg?

Second strongest? Third?

Thanks in advance

Break even 1st for DPS and highest for macc.
Only thing that would out dps it would be crazy DM herculean helm (+50mab with +INT), but that would probably also comes with even less macc. "Just" 50mab on herc helm would probably beat Jhakri coronal for some spells, but Jhakri would probably still win for some too. It would be 19mab vs 16INT in general, then for individual spells, coronal has 9STR, 5MND and 3CHR advantage and Herculean has 1DEX, 11VIT and 24AGI advantage.
[+]
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2021-01-05 14:11:54
Link | Citer | R

What are the rankings for non REMA swords? I havent really played BLU much recently. Got Naegling but i was looking at the augments on r15 Tanmogayi+1 which is what i used before Naegling was a thing.
 Asura.Sirris
Serveur: Asura
user: Safiyyah
By Asura.Sirris 2021-01-05 14:13:26
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Creaucent said: »
What are the rankings for non REMA swords? I havent really played BLU much recently. Got Naegling but i was looking at the augments on r15 Tanmogayi+1 which is what i used before Naegling was a thing.

Naegling/Thibron should be the best by a pretty nice margin IMO. I have R15 Tiz so I don't use that but it seems like a winner to me out of non-REMA options.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-01-07 16:51:33
Link | Citer | R

for TP CDC Exp FastCast are these guide still up to date?

I also curious into a more hybrud/tp gear set

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-01-17 22:38:13
Link | Citer | R

if a s as blue jstu set the fast cast trait i dont get he full fastcast trait of 10% but only 5%

with the Jobpoitn bonus of +2 stages does that then becomes fast ast 2( fastcat "0" + 2 = 2) or do i have fastcast 3 ( weak tier 1 + 2 =3)

I am trying to make sure i have hit my fast cast cap with just 66% fastcast in my gear set
By Oolster 2021-01-18 00:19:44
Link | Citer | R

The latter, BLU tier "0" fc is only 5%, so you're capped at 66% as long as you have gifts.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-28 09:29:21
Link | Citer | R

Anothe blu math question here
does the blu enffebling spells (especially sheepsong and dream flower) have an associated dStat for M.acc ?

How about the physsical Enffeebles. Like sudden lunge?
 Phoenix.Oolie
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Oolster
By Phoenix.Oolie 2021-01-28 12:08:12
Link | Citer | R

From the Blue Magic page on the wiki:

The accuracy of magical blue magic spells and additional effects of spells is also based on blue magic skill. While the accuracy of physical blue magic spells is instead based on the weapon accuracy of the mainhand weapon as well as a player's DEX and Accuracy.
By Shichishito 2021-01-28 13:18:24
Link | Citer | R

for physical spells with additional effects you need both, physical acc to land the physical part of the attack AND macc and/or blu skill to land the additonal effect. afaik the additional effect only has a chance to land if the physical part connected.

for the additional effect of magical spells you only need to focus on macc and/or blu skill.

i'm not sure if the ratio of how much blu skill equals 1 macc is known or if there is a soft cap where the ratio drops off.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-01-28 15:03:27
Link | Citer | R

We also, as far as I know, haven't done any testing on attributes to see if stuff like INT or the associated dStat plays any role in the magic accuracy. Right now, I think most assume no since SE never said it did, but there was definitely a time where we thought the answer was yes. If there was some testing done regarding it, I am unaware of it.
[+]
By DaneBlood 2021-01-28 15:34:17
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Oolie said: »
Shichishito said: »

Both of these has nothing to do with the question asked.
I'm asking about if there is a dstat involved as dstat provide magic accuracy (think mnd for slow and paralyze on whm).

dSTAT : The difference between a caster's attribute and the same attribute on the target.
+1 Stat = +1 Magic Accuracy until dSTAT > 10~15 at which point +1 Stat = +0.5 Magic Accuracy
The associated stat varies based on the type of magic spell:
INT in the case of Black Magic
MND in the case of White Magic
CHR in the case of Songs.
AGI in the case of Quick Draw
Ninjutsu accuracy is not affected by any dSTAT.

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
We also, as far as I know, have done any testing on attributes to see if stuff like INT or the associated dStat plays any role in the magic accuracy. Right now, I think most assume no since SE never said it did, but there was definitely a time where we thought the answer was yes. If there was some testing done regarding it, I am unaware of it.

Thank you. I will assume the same then and focus solely on magic accuracy for magical hitrate.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2021-01-28 16:13:32
Link | Citer | R

There's some very, very old testing on Headbutt from around 2008 or so that gave some indication that INT had some effect on the accuracy of the stun. However, I would take it with a grain of salt and add that there are basically no current slots where it should make a real impact on your final equipment choice, given the current availability of raw magic accuracy.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-28 16:37:52
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kyte said: »
There's some very, very old testing on Headbutt from around 2008 or so that gave some indication that INT had some effect on the accuracy of the stun. However, I would take it with a grain of salt and add that there are basically no current slots where it should make a real impact on your final equipment choice, given the current availability of raw magic accuracy.

Thank you for the info in this case it was for metamorph r15.
that at around 11mill would only be 4 MAcc lower than stikini +1 IF there was a MND dSTAT for 0.5 macc per mnd

In situations where MND dSTART would be 1 for 1 Metamorph and stikini would even out Macc wise
and this is only counting for lowest UNM ranking. Metamorph pulls ahead with better unm ranking.

unless i butchered the math.

but to be on the safe side i will assume no dSTAT or at least not MND dSTAT and go for pure Macc as you suggested

---
once again i managed to login with my old account. MY bade
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2021-01-28 17:26:21
Link | Citer | R

Can also say that I never found any evidence for there being a dSTAT for additional effects. That said it's an exceedingly tedious and borderline inhumane thing to test for which is why no one has ever conclusively done so.
By DaneBlood 2021-01-28 18:01:38
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Can also say that I never found any evidence for there being a dSTAT for additional effects. That said it's an exceedingly tedious and borderline inhumane thing to test for which is why no one has ever conclusively done so.

Thank you.
now that i hae your attention :D
Is there any change to the preffered nuking set with the new unm augment options?

especailly with Ghastly tathlum +1 and Acuity belt +1. not sure if i want to fork out the mill for the top tier belt yet
By Shichishito 2021-01-28 20:30:44
Link | Citer | R

on page 397 regarding ghastly tathlum +1 R15:
SimonSes said: »
Not sure if that was tested but Ghastly Tathlum +1 R15 is better than Pemphredo at least for Subduction, Spectral Floe and Tenebral Crush. tested at +9INT (3rd rank unity).
on page 383 regarding acuity belt +1 R15 vs orpheus:

tldr: orpheus beats the other options for most if not all relevant spells even at max range by a bit. if you consider acuity for the damage you might as well save yourself some gil and aim for the sacro cord as they are pretty much on par most of the time but you'll eventually want acuity anyway simply for the macc.
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2021-01-29 10:57:17
Link | Citer | R

R15 Ghastly Tathlum is better for all nukes, even ones without INT mods.
[+]
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-29 11:33:03
Link | Citer | R

Hey everyone, sorry if this has been covered before, but how much influence does INT play in the big BLU Nukes? I can see the primary modifiers say 80% but how much influence does INT play? Is this what dINT is? Thanks in advance. :)
 Bahamut.Jedigamer
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Jedigamer
By Bahamut.Jedigamer 2021-01-29 11:37:49
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 375002

It's missing a couple pieces that could make it better, but this is a good set to shoot for that includes UNM stuff.
 Sylph.Brahmsz
Serveur: Sylph
user: Khronos
By Sylph.Brahmsz 2021-01-29 12:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
ItemSet 375002

It's missing a couple pieces that could make it better, but this is a good set to shoot for that includes UNM stuff.

Not sure if aimed towards me, but doesn't answer my question. '-')
By SimonSes 2021-01-29 12:35:00
Link | Citer | R

Blu nukes are like magic WSs. Almost all blu nuke has 1.0~2.0 dINT, then some of them has additional int WSC (modifier). WSC is doubled when spell is used with burst affinity.
[+]
By drakefs 2021-01-29 13:17:27
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Jedigamer said: »
ItemSet 375002

I would put together a non-UNM set first unless you plan on using gil to r15.
First Page 2 3 ... 400 401 402 ... 445 446 447