users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 355 356 357 ... 445 446 447
By SimonSes 2019-02-13 10:55:31
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flowen said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Kaja Rod would have to be a cool toy for blue mage doing Black Halo with a decent ws dmg set

Yeah Black Halo is a solid WS, BLU + Kaja might be one of the best sources of blunt damage in the game besides SMN (sorry MNK!)

You kinda underestimate MNK after recent patches. Spreadsheet is only spreadsheet, but r15 Veret MNK during Impetus suppose to have ~8100 DPS (8900 if you also use Footwork but its better to save it for impetus down to balance damage a little). 8100 is actually around BLU r15 Tizona/TPbonus. This dps drops to 6000-6400 with impetus down, but still.
 Shiva.Flowen
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Flowen255
By Shiva.Flowen 2019-02-14 22:20:26
Link | Citer | R

SimonSes said: »
Shiva.Flowen said: »
Bismarck.Zuidar said: »
Kaja Rod would have to be a cool toy for blue mage doing Black Halo with a decent ws dmg set

Yeah Black Halo is a solid WS, BLU + Kaja might be one of the best sources of blunt damage in the game besides SMN (sorry MNK!)

You kinda underestimate MNK after recent patches. Spreadsheet is only spreadsheet, but r15 Veret MNK during Impetus suppose to have ~8100 DPS (8900 if you also use Footwork but its better to save it for impetus down to balance damage a little). 8100 is actually around BLU r15 Tizona/TPbonus. This dps drops to 6000-6400 with impetus down, but still.

Naa I don’t underestimate it, I’ve been following the acc changes and what it means for impetus and multihit h2h ws with excitement (had vere in mind when I wrote “one of” the best sources).

I like to play around on club fencer builds on war and have seen some really solid numbers from black halo on blunt weak targets (far better than mnk numbers for the past few years, hence the jab, no pun intended), so I’m looking forward to seeing what the rod can do.
By Ricon 2019-02-15 12:32:15
Link | Citer | R

A few things to point out, Kaja/Thib is around 5600 dps which is terrible dps compared to mnk (other offhands hare worse). So for unafraid of the dark it’s bis for the quadav part, beyond that kinda useless. As far as mnk goes, they still seem to need some work. I went against a pretty well geared mnk in dynamis and of the 3 big DD’s in the run the war did 12.1m dmg, I did 11.6m with and unfortunate death in the last 20% and the mnk did 8.5m.
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2019-02-15 13:59:28
Link | Citer | R

Ricon said: »
A few things to point out, Kaja/Thib is around 5600 dps which is terrible dps compared to mnk (other offhands hare worse). So for unafraid of the dark it’s bis for the quadav part, beyond that kinda useless. As far as mnk goes, they still seem to need some work. I went against a pretty well geared mnk in dynamis and of the 3 big DD’s in the run the war did 12.1m dmg, I did 11.6m with and unfortunate death in the last 20% and the mnk did 8.5m.

Just curious, on what? Is this just the boss?

Parses in dyna are ridiculously skewed with the lagfest and how good someone is at attacking first. I was messing around and overall the sam targeting first doubled my damage, but if I only looked at one of the bosses then I won comfortably. But I'm sure you already know that.
By Takisan 2019-02-19 20:52:46
Link | Citer | R

...If you are parsing 1st on fomors with floored accuracy than your competition is weak. BIS sam will throw Fudos in almost the same range as your Expiacions, but will have higher white damage and ws frequency. ...

Lol, He even mentioned mnk and drg in there.
By Ricon 2019-02-20 14:31:12
Link | Citer | R

Takisan said: »
...If you are parsing 1st on fomors with floored accuracy than your competition is weak. BIS sam will throw Fudos in almost the same range as your Expiacions, but will have higher white damage and ws frequency. ...

Lol, He even mentioned mnk and drg in there.

If you think a top geared drg is weak in dynamis you’re clueless, the job is currently competitive because of ws frequency and being immortal. I avg around 375 weaponskills in a run, the drg is doing almost 500. If you think a “BiS Sam” will compete with a blu in terms of wsd you’re high too, I’m averaging 38k on wave 3 Sam is averaging 25k.
By Taint 2019-02-20 14:50:34
Link | Citer | R

25k is incredibly low for a r15 Masamune SAM. Lots of misses maybe?
By Afania 2019-02-20 16:23:48
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Parses in dyna are ridiculously skewed with the lagfest and how good someone is at attacking first.

This...

There is a huge, reallllyyy huge difference between DD in dyna D parses. I've seen gaps as large as nearly 300% (so something like 45% to 12% between mostly equally geared DD, its insane.

Dyna parse is absolute worst data ever.

Taint said: »

Underbuff, I think. Since 38k ws from Tiz/TP bonus blu is also a bit low. Although he is right that blu should have one of the highest ws avg with tiz/tp bonus.
[+]
By malakef 2019-02-20 16:34:56
Link | Citer | R

We don’t run just one parse in Dyna. We have like 6 people running them and while the totals and percents can vary from one to the next the end results, such as avg WS DMG and who parses highest are just about universal between them. 25k for the SAM is a bit low but it’s not going to go up much higher than low 30’s as an average thanks to Fudo’s 5% miss rate.

SAM’s other big fault is that if it misses overwhelm for whatever reason it’s average is also going to take a hit. This is more of an issue with the fomors obviously than the mega boss.
 Bahamut.Shozokui
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Shozokui
By Bahamut.Shozokui 2019-02-20 20:28:39
Link | Citer | R

Afania said: »
Ragnarok.Tdizzle said: »
Parses in dyna are ridiculously skewed with the lagfest and how good someone is at attacking first.

This...

There is a huge, reallllyyy huge difference between DD in dyna D parses. I've seen gaps as large as nearly 300% (so something like 45% to 12% between mostly equally geared DD, its insane.

Dyna parse is absolute worst data ever.

Taint said: »

Underbuff, I think. Since 38k ws from Tiz/TP bonus blu is also a bit low. Although he is right that blu should have one of the highest ws avg with tiz/tp bonus.

Our players are actually very consistent in our parses. It's very good data. There is about a +/- 5% variation in total damage and DPS from week to week depending on whether that player is performing at peak or not. Unless you're taking someone in for the first time, your parses are going to be like that.
By Takisan 2019-02-20 21:57:29
Link | Citer | R

What kind of numbers are ppl seeing Tiz/Thibron on Apex in Ra'Kaznar Inner Court with only trust support?

Edit: Hit rate, peak ws dmg, and avg expiacion dmg.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2019-02-21 15:02:14
Link | Citer | R

when building for savage blade/expiacion, how many points of str is equivalent to 1% wsd? or vice versa if str is more important. trying to decide between a few gear augments. ty
By geigei 2019-02-21 15:47:48
Link | Citer | R

I go 5str - 1ws
By Taint 2019-02-21 15:56:15
Link | Citer | R

Exp is 30% STR mod
Savage is 50% STR mod

Most use 5str = 1 wsdmg for 80% STR mod WSs. So you'll need a good chunk more for the two above.

Did some rough math: 7.5str = 1 wsdmg for exp, 5.6str = 1 wsdmg for savage.
By Boshi 2019-02-21 15:56:19
Link | Citer | R

It’s like 4.8ish with my gear
By benitez 2019-02-21 16:04:57
Link | Citer | R

Anyone done the math on Kaja Rod and Kaja Sword vs 2 Nibiru Cudgels for BLU magic?

It works out to 22 Int and 31 MAB vs 56 Macc and 200 Mdmg.
 Shiva.Xelltrix
user: Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-02-22 10:32:20
Link | Citer | R

No real need, Kaja is clearly inferior with how high the base damage is on our spells (Magic Damage attribute gets progressively weaker as spell damage goes up). And we don’t generally nuke stuff that has high enough MEva for us to swap to Kaja Rod for the MAcc. That’s my assessment anyway, maybe I’m wrong.
By aisukage 2019-02-22 12:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Xelltrix said: »
No real need, Kaja is clearly inferior with how high the base damage is on our spells (Magic Damage attribute gets progressively weaker as spell damage goes up). And we don’t generally nuke stuff that has high enough MEva for us to swap to Kaja Rod for the MAcc. That’s my assessment anyway, maybe I’m wrong.

i have a sword and swapped it with a club and was nuking harder than nibiru. The magic acc really helps in content with mobs that have higher Meva aswell. So yeah they seem to be the best new nukeing toys for BLU
[+]
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-02-22 19:33:44
Link | Citer | R

Huh, look at that. I went out and tested it on Blanched Mandagora now that I'm home and I'm actually completely wrong. Nibiru Cudgel pulls ahead for Spectral Floe and when you have Burst Affinity up but, otherwise, Kaja Rod wins out. It wins by about 100 on Tenebral Crush and over 200 on Subduction and the other six big nukes. I'm actually kind of confused as to how the large INT and MAB advantage Nibiru has over Kaja is seemingly irrelevant since all of the nukes are ahead by basically the total of Magic Damage+ on the club.
By SimonSes 2019-02-22 22:34:20
Link | Citer | R

Huh, look at that. I went out and tested it on Blanched Mandagora now that I'm home and I'm actually completely wrong. Nibiru Cudgel pulls ahead for Spectral Floe and when you have Burst Affinity up but, otherwise, Kaja Rod wins out. It wins by about 100 on Tenebral Crush and over 200 on Subduction and the other six big nukes. I'm actually kind of confused as to how the large INT and MAB advantage Nibiru has over Kaja is seemingly irrelevant since all of the nukes are ahead by basically the total of Magic Damage+ on the club.

Magic Damage from gear is added to base damage of the spell and then multiplied by everything, so it's very potent to spells with low base damage (ie: Subduction)

Our high nukes have kinda good, but not great base damage I think, so Magic Damage can rival some mab/int, on spells without INT as WSC. Also Int with Burst Affinity should only make the difference for Spectral Floe and Tenebral Crush, because they have INT as WSC. For something like Entomb, if Kaja wins without BA, it should win with BA too.
By lhova 2019-02-23 00:28:27
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »
SU5 is hot garbage compared to the 3 REMA options.

Almace Rank 15 is somewhere in the ball park of 500 dps lower than sequence/thib and sequence/thib was somewhere around 1500 dps lower than Tiz/Thib.

In the age of augmented REMA there is no debate anymore Tizona is leaps and bounds ahead of every option.
alright what is thib?

So now Almace is ***compared to Sequence and Tizona and we should all get the Thib off hand sword? Ugh SE really knows how to waste your life...
By Afania 2019-02-23 00:35:18
Link | Citer | R

lhova said: »
So now Almace is ***

Almace isn't "***", its actually a pretty damn good rema with very strong boost to cdc.

but hey, if you are not 1st you are last.

Ugh SE really knows how to waste your life...

It's been that way since 2002.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-23 00:36:24
Link | Citer | R

zaxtiss said: »
SU5 is hot garbage compared to the 3 REMA options.

Almace Rank 15 is somewhere in the ball park of 500 dps lower than sequence/thib and sequence/thib was somewhere around 1500 dps lower than Tiz/Thib.

In the age of augmented REMA there is no debate anymore Tizona is leaps and bounds ahead of every option.
alright what is thib?

So now Almace is ***compared to Sequence and Tizona and we should all get the Thib off hand sword? Ugh SE really knows how to waste your life...

That's a pretty bad take.
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2019-02-23 03:39:43
Link | Citer | R

These things were already situationally true before, It just means that Almace will only be best when CDC skillchain spamming is the best way to deal damage... (like situations where the monster takes extra magic damage) If you're doing solo or lowman content, this can very easily be the case. It's just that in zergs where you can't count on SC damage to be a major part of your parse, things like Expi and SB spamming have a decisive advantage.

Obviously in some content accuracy is a concern, and in those cases, Almace has yet another niche.
 Asura.Byrne
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Byrne 2019-02-23 04:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Sorry if this was mentioned, I went back about 10 pages to check, but with Tiz/TP sword, when AM3 is up, would it be worth using Double Chirich +1 versus Chirich+1/Epona's?
 Shiva.Xelltrix
By Shiva.Xelltrix 2019-02-23 07:57:49
Link | Citer | R

Magic Damage from gear is added to base damage of the spell and then multiplied by everything, so it's very potent to spells with low base damage (ie: Subduction)

Our high nukes have kinda good, but not great base damage I think, so Magic Damage can rival some mab/int, on spells without INT as WSC. Also Int with Burst Affinity should only make the difference for Spectral Floe and Tenebral Crush, because they have INT as WSC. For something like Entomb, if Kaja wins without BA, it should win with BA too.

Yeah, I remember where it's placed in the formula. I guess I just thought the base damage for our top eight nukes was higher than it was. And maybe I worded it badly, but I meant that Spectral Floe is always better with Nibiru and that the spells with Burst Affinity are also better with Nibiru though now that I think about it I only tested the three spells that have some level of INT or MND modification in it so that might not be true for all of them.
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-23 11:39:25
Link | Citer | R

Nibiru x 2 tends to be better on any spell with an INT WSC, 2.0 dINT, and a high fTP (~4+)- but that will change based on your gear. For me, Nibiru still wins on Searing Tempest because I still have some Jhakri in my set (which has high STR)- so my base damage is higher, but total MAB is lower, than someone with Amalric +1. However, it still loses on Entomb.
By geigei 2019-02-23 12:35:36
Link | Citer | R

Vampirism for searing tho?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2019-02-23 13:48:52
Link | Citer | R

The difference is never going to be large (and there's certainly a recast argument to be made for Vampirism), so I would encourage you to either do the math on it with your own gear or go nuke some things.

I actually forgot that Kaja club had a little more mab than the sword, so it probably wins for me on Searing as well.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2019-02-23 23:25:37
Link | Citer | R

Ran around a little bit, just in my cleaving spellset. So, didn't test all the nuking spells

Kaja was better for me with: Blinding Fulgor, Tenebral Crush, Retinal Glare, Subduction, Entomb

Niburu x2 was better for Spectral Floe

Using ItemSet 338940

Obviously Pixie +1 and Achron for Tenebral
First Page 2 3 ... 355 356 357 ... 445 446 447