Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Blue Mage » The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
The Beast Within -- A Guide to Blue Mage
First Page 2 3 ... 339 340 341 ... 445 446 447
By geigei 2018-05-21 06:41:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arnan said: »
Anybody know if Phalanx+ gear improves Barrier Tusk? I've just made a full Phalanx Taeon set for RDM and RUN and wondering if I should be using it on BLU
Nope, it doesnt work.
[+]
 Asura.Inuyushi
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Inuyushi
By Asura.Inuyushi 2018-05-21 06:42:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Arnan said: »
Anybody know if Phalanx+ gear improves Barrier Tusk? I've just made a full Phalanx Taeon set for RDM and RUN and wondering if I should be using it on BLU

No
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-25 19:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Hi, can someone share their hybrid dt tp set for blu? I'm putting mime together finally, and I'm looking at basing it around the ayanmo body. Anyone have any suggestions for other great pieces that aren't rng dependent?
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-25 19:57:59
Link | Citer | R

ItemSet 353322

This is similar to what I use, only with AF+3 hands instead of 4DT Herc. DEX/DW/DT on the cape. The set puts you at 43 DT with 6 additional PDT, so you are very slightly below cap, but I haven't found any issues with it. This offers very nice protection for minimal DPS loss.
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-25 20:01:27
Link | Citer | R

That's not a hybrid, it's full DT
[+]
By BlaTheTaru 2018-05-25 20:03:48
Link | Citer | R

Thank you! Aside from the cape, hands, and ring(team weatherspoon 5ever) I have it. Ill get to making the rest. Thank you again.
 Shiva.Berzerk
Serveur: Shiva
user: Berzerk06
By Shiva.Berzerk 2018-05-25 20:04:39
Link | Citer | R

Yeah BLU doesn't have the best options for hybrid from what I can find, this is what I came up with, can kind of pick and choose where you want regular TP pieces instead of straight -DT. I went with -10% pdt on rosmerta's and you could do a bonnet with -4% PDT as well, still get to keep the 4% TA from that piece. ItemSet 359146
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2018-05-25 20:25:09
Link | Citer | R

IMO, 25-40% -PDT is enough for a basic hybrid set for a job that already has shadows to mitigate most physical damage. Getting to -MDT cap with Shell V is the priority.

Zerk's set is what I usually go with, but minus Genmei and Gelatinous.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-05-25 20:48:56
Link | Citer | R

I prefer the safety of hitting 50% as I rarely set Occultation and the times that I do, it's stripped by basically any AoE. I built my set specifically around Master Trials, so it's likely I can scale them back a bit, but I've grown used to it. At the end of the day, tailor your set to the needs of your situation.
 Odin.Willster
Serveur: Odin
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-05-30 23:30:49
Link | Citer | R

CDC question.
Got decent augs on herc vest (7 dex, 23acc/26att, 4 crit dmg). Is that falling behind Abnoba? If I didn't suck so bad at the SS I wouldn't ask, so thanks in advance.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2018-05-31 00:41:49
Link | Citer | R

STR+28 DEX+41 Accuracy+37 Attack+26 Critical hit rate +3% Critical hit damage +4%

STR+25 DEX+38 Accuracy+22 Attack+22 Critical hit rate +5% Critical hit damage +5%

They're gonna be quite close, but if you have an Abnoba already it still looks better.
 Odin.Willster
user: tallica
By Odin.Willster 2018-05-31 00:50:48
Link | Citer | R

Ya, that's what I was thinking. Thanks
[+]
 Asura.Byrne
By Asura.Byrne 2018-06-04 20:57:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
ItemSet 353322

This is similar to what I use, only with AF+3 hands instead of 4DT Herc. DEX/DW/DT on the cape. The set puts you at 43 DT with 6 additional PDT, so you are very slightly below cap, but I haven't found any issues with it. This offers very nice protection for minimal DPS loss.

You may want to consider that you completely forego dual wield gear before you call this DPS loss minimal. I would recommend at least swapping in Reiki Yotai.

EDIT: I see you have it on the cape, but I still think a Yotai swap makes more sense in this context. You can at least get more acc out of it as well. I suppose results would be pretty similar either way.

At least, there is something to be said for using Reiki/Suppa for those that don't want to make 15 capes for BLU.

I should probably also make it known that part of why I'm partial to that setup is that I generally prefer DA to QA if the total additional attacks equal out for consistency's sake making SC's less random. But I really feel like I'm just splitting hairs at this point.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Louisoix
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Louisoix
By Leviathan.Louisoix 2018-06-08 05:21:23
Link | Citer | R

front page here shows which spells are used for melee'ing and cleaving.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Ajirha
user: Ajirha
By Asura.Ajirha 2018-06-08 09:05:33
Link | Citer | R

just for AOE :

Cocoon ==> dmg mitigation
Yawn ==> light aoe sleep
Magic Hammer ==> dmg into MP (only works on monster that have mp, iirc doesnt work on undead)
Battery Charge ==> refresh (+3 mp/tick. usefull but not really mandatory)
Whirl of Rage ==> aoe physical stun (usfull but not mandatory)
Dream Flower ==> for aoe sleep
Occultation ==> shadows to take out a few hits
Barrier Tusk ==> dmg mitigation
Molting Plumage ==> DW
Glutinous Dart ==> if you got point to spare (will complete HP bonus with barrier tusk)
Carcharian Verve ==> very potent Aquaveil
Erratic Flutter ==> haste II and FC trait
Subduction ==> very cheap and potent aoe wind+gravity nuke
Blinding Fulgor ==> aoe dmg + flash (if you got point to spare, light side if considering dynamis D)
Spectral Floe ==> mab trait + aoe dmg + terror
Anvil Lightning ==> aoe dmg + stun (light side if considering dynamis D)
Entomb ==> aoe dmg + petrify
Tenebral Crush ==> aoe + macc trait
Mighty Guard ==> haste +regen +defence

cant take it all in iirc but you can adjust from this list depending on your need.
carcharian verve being one of the key spell for aoe nukes as ther is nothign worse than being interrupted while casting ^^

one more point :
subjob jobtrait do NOT add up with jobtrait from spell. whichever is the higest will takeover.
meaning blu/rdm will not benefit from rdm FC or mab jobtrait if they already have mab or FC at 3+ from their spells.
at that point it might be better to pick up a defensive subjob or one that gives yuo trait your spell do not give. also consider the spell you get from your subjob and the MP pool/stat increase.
[+]
By Boshi 2018-06-08 11:12:47
Link | Citer | R

On the above list, Dream Flower and Subduction also add to MAB trait.

--- this is the set I normally use
Code
                <slot01>erratic flutter</slot01>
                <slot02>barbed crescent</slot02>
                <slot03>delta thrust</slot03>
                <slot04>spectral floe</slot04>
                <slot05>subduction</slot05>
                <slot06>battery charge</slot06>
                <slot07>tenebral crush</slot07>
                <slot08>entomb</slot08>
                <slot09>barrier tusk</slot09>
                <slot10>occultation</slot10>
                <slot11>dream flower</slot11>
                <slot12>rail cannon</slot12>
                <slot13>magic hammer</slot13>
                <slot14>temporal shift</slot14>
                <slot15>memento mori</slot15>
                <slot16>sound blast</slot16>
                <slot17>cursed sphere</slot17>
                <slot18>reactor cool</slot18>
                <slot19>regurgitation</slot19>

edit: rail cannon for MBB ~ there mostly if MBing in Vagary or for Omen objective (overkill in omen i guess)
regurgitation is my go-to 1 point spell just for int1/mnd1
By zaxtiss 2018-06-08 15:03:28
Link | Citer | R

my i ask to why you have rail cannon and regurgitation?
By monkey33333333 2018-06-14 16:48:35
Link | Citer | R

so for blu using Realmrazer what would a good set to use? Is it like reso where you put a lot of TA and DA for it?
 Bahamut.Alexcennah
Serveur: Bahamut
user: digoserra
By Bahamut.Alexcennah 2018-06-14 17:58:28
Link | Citer | R

Don't. Multihits won't do ***to Realmrazer because it's a 7-hit and you're capping hits just with dual wield. Use Fotia belt/gorget, put lots of MND and attack and that's it.

Since we're talking about club WSs for BLU, if you're only aiming for damage, Judgment and Black Halo are usually better and you can use both with your Savage Blade set. Realmrazer has Fusion though and makes Light with Black Halo.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Serveur: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-14 18:40:43
Link | Citer | R

DirectX said: »
Yeah I just saw it. 45 spells that are mandatory!
If I just wanted to use BLU to AoE burn in the Feet Vagary zone, what nuke spells do I need? Thanks.

Really, you just need Subduction, Charcharian Verve, and RDM sub (for Phalanx and Refresh). My set:

Spell, Trait, Pts toward Tier, Cost

Delta Thrust DW 4 2
Barbed Crescent DW 4 2
Anvil Lightning Acc 8 8
Spectral Floe MAtkB 8 8
Subduction MAtkB 8 6
Magic Hammer MAtkB 4 4
Memento Mori MAtkB 4 4
Dream Flower MAtkB 4 3
Cursed Sphere MAtkB 4 2
Entomb Def 8 8
Winds of Promy. Refr 4 5
Plasma Charge Refr 4 5
Tenebral Crush MAcc 8 8
Erratic Flutter FC 8 6
Occultation Eva 4 3
Magic Fruit R.Slp 4 3
Battery Charge (none) 0 3

Winds of Promy. and Plasma Charge are not important (and make for a costly pair just for auto refresh). You can also remove Battery Charge since Magic Hammer and +refresh gear is more than enough, giving you 13 points to do whatever you want.

EDIT: Is there a "pre" or "code" tag for preformatted text?
 Ragnarok.Phuoc
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Phuoc 2018-06-14 20:27:06
Link | Citer | R

that list looks good but you dont to use verve over MG if /rdm, just aquaveil and abuse occultation + subduction + magic hammer, feet area is the easiest for a blu to burn usually.
 Fenrir.Soothsayer
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Darcc
By Fenrir.Soothsayer 2018-06-19 13:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Question:

I saw an older thread but instead of necro-ing I figured I'd ask here.

I'm torn for what to use for legs with CDC. I know WSD is supposed to only affect the first hit, but I wonder if Luhlaza+3 would still trump my Herc legs, which are:
Herc_Crit_legs = { name="Herculean Trousers", augments={'Accuracy+12','Crit. hit damage +5%','DEX+1',}}

Both are lacking DEX obviously.

So that's one argument, and then I've seen others go with Capped Samnuha tights. Trying to see what would be best, or if there's other options I'm missing/not considering.

Can go ahead and assume capped buffs.
By Boshi 2018-06-19 13:37:13
Link | Citer | R

i would assume your herc legs have too low dex to beat samnuha
 Bahamut.Glizdus
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Gli2duS
By Bahamut.Glizdus 2018-06-23 01:54:41
Link | Citer | R

Any of You guys can post some mid to top tier MAB gear set, because looking at the front page makes me think that it's outdated.
Example?
Herculean Helm as a BiS for MAB?
What about Jhakri +2?
Unless Herc has some freaking max augment!

Also if you guys could look into my Subduction Salvage cleave spell set for Salvage if there is a room for an improvement, I'd appreciate it :)

Using this:
Code
"Quad. Continuum"
"Delta Thrust"
"Barbed Crescent"
"Empty Thrash"
"Heavy Strike"
"Thrashing Assault"
"Sudden Lunge"
"Glutinous Dart"
"Sinker Drill"
"Subduction"
"Paralyzing Triad"
"Nat. Meditation"
"Erratic Flutter"
"Battery Charge"
"Molting Plumage"
"Blazing Bound"
"Fantod"
"Diffusion Ray"
"Plenilune Embrace"
"Cocoon"

I'm doing SSR.
It's mostly melee set because I am WSing the mini and end boss instead of nuking them. It's faster.
Gears at the 3rd floor going down in two nukes with this setup and my gear.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2018-06-24 02:35:15
Link | Citer | R

The only set not updated on the front page is Requiescat, because it's horrible and doesn't deserve to be updated.

I'm going to make a mention of this in the guide based on how often it comes up. I do not recommend Jhakri pieces as primary nuking options because of the massive detriment to your spell recasts. There are situations in which your recast does not matter, but for situations where it does, that large hit to your sustained damage (~50% increased recast) is a huge deterring factor. Another issue with the set is the large hit to defenses, and since you're usually cleaving on BLU, that can easily become a problem. Using Jhakri for nukes is fine, but you need to understand the drawbacks of the set.

The dream set for MAB does have Jhakri Coronal +2 in it, because with the Amalric set and a 10% haste Ambuscape, you can cap gear haste and the recast problem becomes null. The top-tier set has Herculean Helm because a well-augmented one is superior to Jhakri Coronal +1 in terms of per-spell damage and your recast.
 Cerberus.Boogs
Serveur: Cerberus
user: rs1n
By Cerberus.Boogs 2018-06-24 12:20:26
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Oraen said: »
The only set not updated on the front page is Requiescat, because it's horrible and doesn't deserve to be updated.

I'm going to make a mention of this in the guide based on how often it comes up. I do not recommend Jhakri pieces as primary nuking options because of the massive detriment to your spell recasts. There are situations in which your recast does not matter, but for situations where it does, that large hit to your sustained damage (~50% increased recast) is a huge deterring factor. Another issue with the set is the large hit to defenses, and since you're usually cleaving on BLU, that can easily become a problem. Using Jhakri for nukes is fine, but you need to understand the drawbacks of the set.

The dream set for MAB does have Jhakri Coronal +2 in it, because with the Amalric set and a 10% haste Ambuscape, you can cap gear haste and the recast problem becomes null. The top-tier set has Herculean Helm because a well-augmented one is superior to Jhakri Coronal +1 in terms of per-spell damage and your recast.

Can you give an example of where you need to constantly recast a spell that has long recast in order to sustain the DPS? I cannot think of a single situation where recast timers are ever an issue. BLU can always set enough other spells to rotate through while riding out timers. If you are cleaving you should have more than just one or two AoE spells. That said subduction goes a long way with a very short recast.

Getting Jhakri +2 is much more feasible than donating all that time and/or Gil to Oseem or buying +1 Amalric, not to mention the luck needed for abjurations for some slots. At the point where you can start splurging on "ultimate" sets you should already be able to do whatever you want/need to do that these extras are really superfluous.
[+]
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2018-06-24 12:26:05
Link | Citer | R

Amalric +1 is not even expensive anymore. And, the Abjuration mobs are all soloable.
 Odin.Slore
user: Slore
By Odin.Slore 2018-06-24 14:10:15
Link | Citer | R

I wouldnt say pakacet is exactly soloable. The video posted on the page that has a blu/run soloing is very misleading. Look at all the buffs he had before fight even started, pro/shell, cor rolls/brd songs.
First Page 2 3 ... 339 340 341 ... 445 446 447