Link | Citer | R

mine is muled....
 Carbuncle.Darkiori
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Darkiori
By Carbuncle.Darkiori 2016-11-18 13:59:26
Link | Citer | R

ok so this may sound very dumb, but i'm new to gearswap, and i want to know what do i put for precast mid cast and casting gear on magical spells, do i start with maac followed by FC finishing with maab? or how's it work?
 Ragnarok.Tdizzle
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Tdizzle
By Ragnarok.Tdizzle 2016-11-18 14:05:11
Link | Citer | R

Generally speaking: Precast = fast cast gear
Mid cast = gear you want on when the spell hits (macc/mab, etc)
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2016-11-18 15:25:25
Link | Citer | R

spell casttime is determined precast, so occasionally quickens spellcasting, fast cast, and *qualifier* cast time - % are beneficial

recast, damage, resist, and everything else are determined when the spell ends, so they need to be midcast

the only exception is that quick magic guarantees a minimal recast, so if it procs on precast your midcast will still have the recast benefit without the gear
 Carbuncle.Darkiori
user: Darkiori
By Carbuncle.Darkiori 2016-11-19 11:56:13
Link | Citer | R

ok so for occultation/barrier/saline do i need to have the blu magic + at the end of the cast or at start?
 Bahamut.Vinedrius
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Devrom
By Bahamut.Vinedrius 2016-11-19 13:17:11
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Darkiori said: »
ok so for occultation/barrier/saline do i need to have the blu magic + at the end of the cast or at start?

End.

Potency and recast time of a spell is determined at the end of casting, while casting time is modified based on how much +/- casting time you have before you start casting.
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-19 16:14:41
Link | Citer | R

Barrier Tusk and Saline Coat don't have potency modifiers.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-19 18:22:51
Link | Citer | R

I think they meant Magic Barrier.
 Asura.Azagarth
Serveur: Asura
user: Azagarth
By Asura.Azagarth 2016-11-20 21:04:51
Link | Citer | R

from the OP. Is this still the best req set? I would have though that the ambuscade gear would have won in a lot of the slotts? What req sets are you all using? My numbers with sequence just arent where I had hoped.

ItemSet 337120
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-20 21:11:14
Link | Citer | R

I'm not honestly sure on the absolute best Req set right now, as it's just a god-awful WS. I just use full Jhakri +1 and call it a day. Last I checked, the set was at the top for it, so I haven't gone back to test anymore. I'll update in a sec.
By ocean 2016-11-22 22:38:22
Link | Citer | R

Could use some input for black halo. Would carmine +1 be best?
By minikomby 2016-11-26 23:14:46
Link | Citer | R

Hello

what is the best 4th Augment to my Nuke cape for blue?

what i did...

Int +20
magic acc/magic dmg +20
MAB +10

but im not sure what is the best for 4th

int +10
magic dmg +10
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-26 23:58:41
Link | Citer | R

INT.
 Carbuncle.Jaqen
user: Jaqen
By Carbuncle.Jaqen 2016-11-27 11:19:58
Link | Citer | R

To Sequence or not to Sequence? After a long and arduous process I was able to finish my AG Tizona and now I'm looking at offhand options. I don't think that I have the stamina to AG an almace, so I am debating a Sequence or just keeping my offhand Colada with the augments shown.

For reference the gear shown is my TP set and has augments as follows:

Herc Helm: 8 Agi 30 Acc 3TA
Adhemar Body is B
Herc Gloves: 6Str 20Acc 7Att 3TA
Cape: 20att/30acc 20Dex 10STP
Max Samnuha Tights
Herc Feet:23Acc 13Att a4TA

Is it, in your infinite wisdom, blu forum members, worthwhile to make a sequence or stick with the Colada (and continue to throw stones at it to hope for similar augs with a better base damage)?

Thanks all.

~ Jaqen
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-27 11:47:57
Link | Citer | R

The lack of DEX is what makes it mediocre. I would make Sequence unless there's another Aeonic that you truly feel is a higher priority (like maybe the dagger if you play THF or DNC). Sequence is also a good mainhand for instances where AM3 is inviable, so consider more than just the offhand functionality.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-27 14:53:31
Link | Citer | R

a 269 offhand is going to be moderately better than a Colada but to be honest, you've got enough gil on you to outright buy half of the mats to make an Almace and take it to 119. it's certainly tedious to build, but at this point HMP/Cinders are relatively obtainable thanks to people selling from Ambuscade (depending on server).

I am personally coming at this from the other end, I have my AG Almace, and am now focusing on Tizona. I would say to keep throwing stones at your gear and chase down TA +4 augments, and go for Sequence if you have an Aeonic group. I don't personally see it as worth chasing down in and of itself, but if you are already getting clears anyways, it's far from a poor choice.
By ocean 2016-11-27 20:47:07
Link | Citer | R

Is black Halo no bueno?
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-27 21:10:00
Link | Citer | R

If you need blunt damage for whatever reason, it's okay. Judgment's better, though, unless you're using Black Halo in a SC.
By ocean 2016-11-27 21:11:07
Link | Citer | R

Ah ty! Would carmine be best in slot for judgement?
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2016-11-27 21:14:33
Link | Citer | R

The best way to look at Judgment is basically the Savage Blade of clubs with worse http://fTP. You'll want to gear very similarly to Savage for it. Optimal choices would be STR/WSD Herculean, but Jhakri also serves quite well.
By ocean 2016-11-27 21:17:29
Link | Citer | R

Gratzy!
By tyalangan 2016-11-27 21:39:25
Link | Citer | R

What would I need to get 50%+ recast reduction? Based on BG I can only get 40% from Fastcast. So, from Erratic Flutter (spell portion from haste II not the job trait) could I pass 50%? What % of recast is reduced per 1% Haste?

BG had some equations for Haste's affect on recast but it mentioned binary which is foreign to me. I would like to reduce my recast as much as possible without sacrificing damage for haste in my mid/final cast build on spells.
By fillerbunny9 2016-11-27 22:48:07
Link | Citer | R

Empy 109/119 Gloves have recast reduction on them. I am not sure how the percentages work to get you there, but worth a try?
[+]
By tyalangan 2016-11-28 16:12:20
Link | Citer | R

Yes, I have the gloves. However, I did not want to sacrifice damage in my mid/final cast (since the Empy gloves need to be worn at the end of the cast) and was seeing if anyone knew of haste's role in recast to more detail than I was able to find.

I saw a video of a BLU casting Skirmish elemental spells which have a recast of 60 seconds but was getting a 26 second recast which would be 57% recast reduction. But to your point maybe he was sacrificing damage in his hand slot for those gloves so I'll test it out when I get home and see if that gives me 26~ seconds with my max FC precast gear!
 Siren.Kyte
By Siren.Kyte 2016-11-28 16:15:52
Link | Citer | R

Haste lowers recast, too. It reduces it in a fairly straight-forward manner, with the only weirdness occurring due to the way it's stored and the order of operations with other things that reduce recast. However, if you ignore all that if the difference of a second due to rounding errors isn't something that actively bothers you.

Some people also set additional Fast Cast tiers.
[+]
 Bismarck.Lothoro
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Lothoro
By Bismarck.Lothoro 2016-12-02 19:16:23
Link | Citer | R

A couple questions for those who solo VD Leviathan:

My current setup of trusts is Qultada, Kupipi, Nashmeira II, Lilisette II, and Shantotto II. My runs are all under 3:30, from when I enter to when I exit the BCNM. Damage output isn't a problem. However, I'm occasionally wiping due to Grand Fall. I put up Saline Coat, Barrier Tusk, and have decent -DT set, and the only times I die is when I get locked in WS Set. For example, I hit macro for CDC, and a split second later Levi readies Grand Fall, and I cant swap into my DT set before Grand Fall goes off since I'm locked into WS animation. I even went as far to switch Defending Ring into my CDC set, but I'm still occasionally dying.

Any recommendations or ways I can improve? I also do Tenzen VD in 4-5 minutes (depending on when he eats that stupid rice ball), so I'm considering going back to doing those since I can clear it every time, and its only slightly longer to clear than Levi.
 Sylph.Ice
user: Ice
By Sylph.Ice 2016-12-02 21:38:02
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Lothoro said: »
A couple questions for those who solo VD Leviathan:

My current setup of trusts is Qultada, Kupipi, Nashmeira II, Lilisette II, and Shantotto II. My runs are all under 3:30, from when I enter to when I exit the BCNM. Damage output isn't a problem. However, I'm occasionally wiping due to Grand Fall. I put up Saline Coat, Barrier Tusk, and have decent -DT set, and the only times I die is when I get locked in WS Set. For example, I hit macro for CDC, and a split second later Levi readies Grand Fall, and I cant swap into my DT set before Grand Fall goes off since I'm locked into WS animation. I even went as far to switch Defending Ring into my CDC set, but I'm still occasionally dying.

Any recommendations or ways I can improve? I also do Tenzen VD in 4-5 minutes (depending on when he eats that stupid rice ball), so I'm considering going back to doing those since I can clear it every time, and its only slightly longer to clear than Levi.

You can change gear right after you lose TP during the WS. Animation won't prevent you from hitting your PDT/MDT/DT macro or spamming said macro.

EDIT: Added a word or few.
 Shiva.Arislan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Arislan
By Shiva.Arislan 2016-12-02 21:38:47
Link | Citer | R

Are you using Gearswap? Mote's has a nice panic button for -DT that'll swap even during WS animation.

Grand Fall is a breath attack, so you want as much pure -DT in your set as you can get. I'm able to eat it w/ around 31% -DT w/o setting any defensive buffs at all outside of Cocoon. I'm using Ulmia for Scherzo and Yoran-Oran for cure skin, tho.
 Ragnarok.Martel
Serveur: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2016-12-02 21:54:55
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Arislan said: »
Are you using Gearswap? Mote's has a nice panic button for -DT that'll swap even during WS animation.

Grand Fall is a breath attack, so you want as much pure -DT in your set as you can get. I'm able to eat it w/ around 31% -DT w/o setting any defensive buffs at all outside of Cocoon. I'm using Ulmia for Scherzo and Yoran-Oran for cure skin, tho.
Aegis works on Grand Fall, so it's not a breath attack.
First Page 2 3 ... 318 319 320 ... 446 447 448