Link | Citer | R

Surprised you don't have Medeina Kilij in your sword list
 Sylph.Oraen
Serveur: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-16 21:44:55
Link | Citer | R

I can add it, but I was mainly trying to keep the weapons listed focused on melee options, rather than nuking choices.
 Leviathan.Stamos
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-16 21:46:21
Link | Citer | R

Only difference I have than you, is I still have Lupine beating Bleating
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-16 21:52:25
Link | Citer | R

It's very close for me, but the extra STP from Adhemar/Samnuha and JBT2 have Bleating edging out Lupine just a smidge in the Top-tier set. If you don't have as much STP as all the new gear and JTB2 can get you, I have Lupine winning out fairly handily.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-16 21:55:15
Link | Citer | R

That is with JBT2 with STP4, have it beating bleating by like 20 dps on all targets
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-16 21:59:57
Link | Citer | R

What are your parameters? I only have March 2, Boost-Dex, and 30% def down and I have the top-tier with bleating at 2023.364 and with lupine at 1999.465.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-16 22:20:38
Link | Citer | R

March 2, Blade Mad,Chaos Roll, and 30% def down. No boost-dex. Did you update CDC's formula? Because with the added set bonuses, have it 2744.267 vs 2719.791 with Tizona am3 up. RCB food
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-16 22:45:51
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I have CDC updated properly. The difference is the fact that you have such higher attack in your formula. And yeah, the STP from Lupine is obviously going to be better for an AM3 Tizona than bleating. My Top-tier is with Claid/Nibiru A, not Tizona, as I wanted it more generally applicable than a mythic set.

If I cap attack with frailty, DPS rockets to about 3k and I get different pieces for top-tier, but it's not particularly common to cap attack on end-game content, so I stayed away from that.
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-16 22:54:54
Link | Citer | R

lol well, I would say Tizona will probably be easier to obtain than the HQ Adhemar pieces. Unless you can farm Legion solo.Still have my Khepri bonnet/Wristbands from when they were BiS, but doubt I will be lucky to 1/1 either of them.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-16 23:03:35
Link | Citer | R

Haha yeah, good point there. I don't think I'll ever see adhemar either, but dammit, a man can dream. But this brings up a good point that I meant to include in the guide. I'll work on some Tizona specific sets soon, as I know people asked about them a while back as well. If enough people request it, I'll work on sets for different levels of attack as well.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vinedrius
Serveur: Asura
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-17 03:36:28
Link | Citer | R

May I suggest an addition to DT sets?

ItemSet 337140

Compared to the posted set, this one gives -2 vit, -15(16) def, +11 agi, -8(-3) eva, +27 meva, +2 mdef, -65 hp, +69 acc. It lacks some defense and max hp, but gives a hefty boost to acc (plus some meva and mdef).

Also, I noticed that the posted set caps MDT with max Shellra V if the two Iuitl pieces are augmented with 7 total MDT on top of 5 total PDT it needs to cap PDT. So, it would be a good idea to note below that the set can cap both PDT and MDT under the right conditions.

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Vinedrius
user: Devrom
By Asura.Vinedrius 2015-08-17 04:11:42
Link | Citer | R

I agree with the extra acc on ammo in exchange of def, though my priority on that set was defensive stats over acc since the emphasis is on PDT and hib. earring can also be dropped for zennaroi while settling with 49 pdt. Those alternatives can be noted if such a set is to be added to the guide.

Btw, your set adds up to 44 pdt, not 49.
 Sylph.Oraen
By Sylph.Oraen 2015-08-17 04:19:21
Link | Citer | R

Accuracy/DT hybrid sets will be added soon. Those sets were simply to list the strongest pure defensive options.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
By waffle 2015-08-17 14:39:12
Link | Citer | R

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with 1200 jp gift and flutter set, blu should have 15% fast cast. And when that's added to the fast cast set in the op, I'm coming up with 79% fast cast assuming max augments on taeon body and leyline gloves. Is there any reason to use etioloation earring and its 1% fc over loquacious and its 2%? Because the latter would allow you to hit the 80& cap.

Also, assuming that someone doesn't have max augs, or the weatherspoon ring, or the 1200 gift, it might be worth mentioning the sapience orb for the ammo slot.

On the other hand if you have all that and hit 80%, no real reason not to use impatiens in the ammo slot instead.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2015-08-17 15:16:42
Link | Citer | R

waffle said: »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but with 1200 jp gift and flutter set, blu should have 15% fast cast. And when that's added to the fast cast set in the op, I'm coming up with 79% fast cast assuming max augments on taeon body and leyline gloves. Is there any reason to use etioloation earring and its 1% fc over loquacious and its 2%? Because the latter would allow you to hit the 80& cap.

Also, assuming that someone doesn't have max augs, or the weatherspoon ring, or the 1200 gift, it might be worth mentioning the sapience orb for the ammo slot.

On the other hand if you have all that and hit 80%, no real reason not to use impatiens in the ammo slot instead.

I took that approach to my RDM fastcast sets. If I could hit cap without using one of the big 5 for fastcast or using an iLVL fastcast piece instead, that's where I would put my focus. Not using an earring or ring slot with the amount of inventory you now have while using a non-ilvl piece in any main slot would be kinda foolish.
By waffle 2015-08-17 15:57:33
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Jassik said: »
I took that approach to my RDM fastcast sets. If I could hit cap without using one of the big 5 for fastcast or using an iLVL fastcast piece instead, that's where I would put my focus. Not using an earring or ring slot with the amount of inventory you now have while using a non-ilvl piece in any main slot would be kinda foolish.

ok, but my point was you seem to have chosen a weaker earring instead of a stronger one and thus you fell just short of the cap. Also, operating under the guise of using an ilevel piece where possible, psycloth pants are 1 less fast cast than enif when augmented but are 119.
 Phoenix.Capuchin
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Anza
By Phoenix.Capuchin 2015-08-18 12:34:41
Link | Citer | R

Re: Bleating/Lupine, since they come out so close I tend to err on the side of Lupine for anything that matters just due to the total lack of Acc on Bleating.

And if acc doesn't matter much, outside of older content (like... I dunno, Delve 1?) I'm usually in Mecistopins Mantle anyway ;) Maybe one day I'll have the luxury of not caring whether I'm getting that sweet, sweet CP.

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Francisco
Serveur: Shiva
user: Francisco
By Shiva.Francisco 2015-08-18 13:09:37
Link | Citer | R

Question regarding this snippet from the guide...

Quote:
Zahak Reborn (Highest Tier DD Spec)
Point Requirement: 75 and 1200 JP gift
Quad.Continuum
Delta Thrust
Barbed Crescent
Blazing Bound
Empty Thrash
Heavy Strike
Thrashing Assault
Sudden Lunge
Fantod
Diffusion Ray
Sinker Drill
Nature’s Meditation
Erratic Flutter
Magic Fruit
Paralyzing Triad

This set will give you a colossal amount of stopping power. Dual Wield IV, Store TP IV, Skillchain Bonus III, Critical Attack Bonus III, Triple Attack, and Accuracy Bonus III are your primary DD traits. The set also gives you a powerful buff in the form of Nature’s Meditation and an excellent defense down with Tenebral Crush. You will have 6 set points remaining to do with as you wish. Personally, I tailor the remaining points to either fill in the gaps of utility when playing lowman, with spells like Winds of Promy or White Wind, or to set stronger DD traits, such as Attack Bonus III or an additional Accuracy tier, when playing in a large group. With properly optimized gear, this set is the absolute best you can use for physical damage.

- Is Skillchain Bonus worth it for solo (with Trusts) play?

- Is this spell set still optimal pre-1200 JP bonus, or would something with Molting Plumage be better?

(Also, despite being mentioned in the description, Tenebral Crush isn't in the spell list... not sure if intentional or not)
 Leviathan.Stamos
By Leviathan.Stamos 2015-08-18 13:14:56
Link | Citer | R

Very much worth it for solo. You will be SCing with yourself a lot with Chant to Chant.

Post deleted by User.
By waffle 2015-08-18 14:59:10
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Floppyseconds said: »

So?

I wouldn't even bother wasting a spot if I was at 77%+ personally.

ok, but what else are you using etoliation earring for other than a precast set that you can't just swap it out for loquacious?

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2015-08-18 15:08:50
Link | Citer | R

So I guess fenrir rings +1 aren't better than shiva rings +1 for nukes? Been using fenrir rings this whole time, and wondering how much of a difference my nuke damage would be if I had the extra INT/magic attack from dual shiva's.
First Page 2 3 ... 189 190 191 ... 449 450 451