How Do You Feel About Windower?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Leviathan » How do you feel about Windower?
How do you feel about Windower?
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18
 Lakshmi.Alaric
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: vdemitry
By Lakshmi.Alaric 2009-05-13 14:46:34
Link | Citer | R

awesome, n who in their right mind will tell a GM... but then again yeah crazy ppl out there >.<
 Ramuh.Dasva
Serveur: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 14:46:44
Link | Citer | R

Bartimaeus said:

User submitted image

Precious Roy, Precious Roy
Makin' lots of suckers out of girls and boys.

wait wtf? did you just make that up or is that from something?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 14:47:15
Link | Citer | R

Alaric said:
awesome, n who in their right mind will tell a GM... but then again yeah crazy ppl out there >.<

Its already been done and theres a QQ thread out there about it
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 14:47:21
 Delete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Alaric said:

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/?topic_id=2917
 Fairy.Tbest
Serveur: Fairy
user: Tbest
By Fairy.Tbest 2009-05-13 14:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Who in their right mind? This guy: Symbol
 Leviathan.Syagin
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kerron
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-05-13 14:50:26
Link | Citer | R

Celest said:
Syagin said:
Celest said:
Quite frankly I don't care. Windower hardly provides anything besides the blinking targeting thing that has any real effect on the gameplay. Whoop de do.. i can see when i can cast a spell again. Thats all freely accessible ingame. It's simply for those that want everything on an easier interface. I would love it if SE would provide a customizable counters window.

Point is. Use it or not, it hardly creates much of an advantage.

Idk Celest to actually see how much time you have left on all the buffs you have casted is a pretty nice advantage. Certainly when you are soloing stoof =P thats just one of the advantages it can provide.

Yes but what i'm saying is the advantage is incredibly minimal. Seeing something go down to recast it or just guessing after 60 levels on a job is more than likely good enough. Let's be honest, this is nitpicking. Also honestly, how does this hurt you? Does another player being able to see its buffs or whatever the crap it does really hurt you at all? I don't use windower but the way I see it, if i'm in a party with someone who uses it... does this hurt me or benefit me.

Golly gee, I think it benefits me.

Point taken, all I really wanna see is the people that make these video's an stuff soloing all these different NM's an Sky gods so on and so on make a Video w/o Using Windower so I can see the end result TBH. Thats really all I care about.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2009-05-13 14:51:41
Link | Citer | R

Syagin said:
Celest said:
Syagin said:
Celest said:
Quite frankly I don't care. Windower hardly provides anything besides the blinking targeting thing that has any real effect on the gameplay. Whoop de do.. i can see when i can cast a spell again. Thats all freely accessible ingame. It's simply for those that want everything on an easier interface. I would love it if SE would provide a customizable counters window.

Idk Celest to actually see how much time you have left on all the buffs you have casted is a pretty nice advantage. Certainly when you are soloing stoof =P thats just one of the advantages it can provide.

Yes but what i'm saying is the advantage is incredibly minimal. Seeing something go down to recast it or just guessing after 60 levels on a job is more than likely good enough. Let's be honest, this is nitpicking. Also honestly, how does this hurt you? Does another player being able to see its buffs or whatever the crap it does really hurt you at all? I don't use windower but the way I see it, if i'm in a party with someone who uses it... does this hurt me or benefit me.

Point taken, all I really wanna see is the people that make these video's an stuff soloing all these different NM's an Sky gods so on and so on make a Video w/o Using Windower so I can see the end result TBH. Thats really all I care about.

I could be wrong but I never saw any plugins in avestas solos...
 Garuda.Hypnotizd
Serveur: Garuda
user: hypnotizd
By Garuda.Hypnotizd 2009-05-13 14:52:28
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:

Pretty sure hes talking about the people who post videos that are using windower etc to try it without.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2009-05-13 15:05:49
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik said:
I will point out that the core components of Windower and FFXIAH.com were developed by the same people.

Posting on a FFXIAH.com message board about the implied immorality of Windower is a bit fundamentally flawed.

But, y'know, if you wanna keep arguing it...

Jaerik, you got my support.

All I'm saying.

=D!
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-05-13 15:15:30
Link | Citer | R

Dasva said:
Syagin said:
Celest said:
Syagin said:
Celest said:

Yeah, Avesta uses them also.
 Alexander.Meeeeeep
Serveur: Alexander
user: Meeeeeep
By Alexander.Meeeeeep 2009-05-13 15:19:53
Link | Citer | R

Syagin said:

No. Avesta plays on a PS2, pay more attention next time you assert your opinion :/
 Leviathan.Syagin
By Leviathan.Syagin 2009-05-13 15:22:49
Link | Citer | R

Meeeeeep said:
Syagin said:

No. Avesta plays on a PS2, pay more attention next time you assert your opinion :/

Just looked at one of Avestas Jp sites and he is soloing SCNM Mobs man an it's pretty clear he uses Windower... Nice thf you got there btw >.>;
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-05-13 16:33:46
Link | Citer | R

Windower is illegal under the Terms of Service. FFXIAH.com is illegal under the Terms of Service. So is Allakhazam, so is Killing Ifrit, so is using any site, tool, or program not written by SquareEnix that decompiles, references, or in any way republishes any of SquareEnix's intellectual copyright, including any and all item, character, or mission data. Even posting screenshots is against the Terms of Service, unless taken via the in-game screenshot feature which watermarks SE's copyright over the top. Writing any fan fiction, derivative works, roleplaying, etc, is all against the Terms of Service. Letting any other player log into your account, ever, for any reason, is a violation of the Terms of Service.

I could go on. The point is, every single one of you, everyone, is or has violated the ToS at some point. Not a single one of you, especially none of you posting on this site, has any right whatsoever to accuse any other user of "breaking the rules." Period.

The only thing that matters is money. SquareEnix reserves the right to ban you for a ToS violation, but they are not required to, and they won't waste their time (or money) enforcing it unless it makes business sense to do so. In other words, the only thing that matters is if a particular 3rd party utility is causing more people to quit the game than continue playing it. It is the duty of 3rd party developers, and users of 3rd party tools alike, to not make SE lose money.

FFXIAH.com doesn't make SE lose money. Allakhazam doesn't make SE lose money. And neither did Windower, until enough of you started bitching enough to force SE to do something about it. So your desperate Appeal to Authority on this matter is inherently circular.

That's it. That's your entire pretentious, vaunted claim to morality in an online game. "Is the continued use of this utility making SquareEnix lose money?" If it isn't, and you continue to play the game anyway, then whatever tortured logic you use to personally determine what is "cheating" and what is not is completely and utterly nullified. Nobody cares, and neither does SE. Go whine somewhere else.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-13 16:35:59
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik said:
Windower is illegal under the Terms of Service. FFXIAH.com is illegal under the Terms of Service. So is Allakhazam, so is Killing Ifrit, so is using any site, tool, or program not written by SquareEnix that decompiles, references, or in any way republishes any of SquareEnix's intellectual copyright, including any and all item, character, or mission data. Even posting screenshots is against the Terms of Service, unless taken via the in-game screenshot feature which watermarks SE's copyright over the top. Writing any fan fiction, derivative works, roleplaying, etc, is all against the Terms of Service. Letting any other player log into your account, ever, for any reason, is a violation of the Terms of Service.

I could go on. The point is, every single one of you, everyone, is or has violated the ToS at some point. Not a single one of you, especially none of you posting on this site, has any right whatsoever to accuse any other user of "breaking the rules." Period.

The only thing that matters is money. SquareEnix reserves the right to ban you for a ToS violation, but they are not required to, and they won't waste their time (or money) enforcing it unless it makes business sense to do so. In other words, the only thing that matters is if a particular 3rd party utility is causing more people to quit the game than continue playing it. It is the duty of 3rd party developers, and users of 3rd party tools alike, to not make SE lose money.

FFXIAH.com doesn't make SE lose money. Allakhazam doesn't make SE lose money. And neither did Windower, until enough of you started bitching enough to force SE to do something about it. So your desperate Appeal to Authority on this matter is inherently circular.

That's it. That's your entire pretentious, vaunted claim to morality in an online game. "Is the continued use of this utility making SquareEnix lose money?" If it isn't, and you continue to play the game anyway, then whatever tortured logic you use to personally determine what is "cheating" and what is not is completely and utterly nullified. Nobody cares, and neither does SE. Go whine somewhere else.

Cheaters unite!
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-13 16:43:32
Link | Citer | R

Posting a screenshot taken with Fraps, Windower or anything that's not SE official screenshot (so no SE tag) is a violation already lol...
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-13 16:49:50
Link | Citer | R

so how much longer untill we all get banned?
 Pandemonium.Luignata
Serveur: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-05-13 16:53:07

Jaerik said:

And with that said… let’s talk about a different subject. People who use windower are less skilled then those without, obvious reasons, Windower with all their plugins, gives an advantage over those that don’t.

Discuss!
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-13 17:04:12

Tbest said:
Who in their right mind? This guy: Symbol

Yes,I was on a quest to ask him if using it was either good or bad,

The GM said:
Yes,and you get a warning sticker on your taru head ^^
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2009-05-13 17:05:38
Link | Citer | R

Luignata said:
And with that said… let’s talk about a different subject. People who use windower are less skilled then those without, obvious reasons, Windower with all their plugins, gives an advantage over those that don’t.

Discuss!

I would argue that if your definition of "skill" is whether or not someone can count to 3 in their heads without the assistance of an on-screen counter, it might be time to find a new hobby.
[+]
 Unicorn.Tavlov
Serveur: Unicorn
user: Tomas
By Unicorn.Tavlov 2009-05-13 17:08:48
Link | Citer | R

LOL
 Leviathan.Symbol
user:
By Leviathan.Symbol 2009-05-13 17:08:56

Alaric said:

Also you may use it if you want, I was on a quest to ask for it for a friend, I don't even play on PC to start
but trust me, don't go asking a GM if its bannable or not, he will most likely either suspend you or give you a warning
In other words, Get it if you really want it, Dont get it if you dont nobody cares...95% of the screenshots posted here prove the population who use windower lol.
 Cerberus.Maryanne
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Maryanne
By Cerberus.Maryanne 2009-05-13 17:11:00
Link | Citer | R

Jaerik said:
Luignata said:

Discuss!

I would argue that if your definition of "skill" is whether or not someone can count to 3 in their heads without the assistance of an on-screen counter, it might be time to find a new hobby.

/Agree. Sometimes people who use Windower only make it through the day-to-day play of the game using their onscreen counters or whatnot. If you took it away, half the population would be running into walls and suiciding in Dynamis.
I don't have a problem with some of the plugins, like draw distance or TParty or whatever. But I'll argue that some plugins make half the 'legit' players I've known able to even count their shadows.
user: effedup
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-13 17:12:59
Link | Citer | R

Alaric said:
n who in their right mind will tell a GM..

See...

Gaea said:
Chat Frequency: 2,308,651
Conversations with NPCs: 131,890
Parties Joined: 5,601
Alliances Joined:1,001
Battles Fought: 101,274
Number of Times KO'd: 2,849
Enemies Defeated: 39,626
GM Calls Made: 851
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-05-13 17:20:48
Link | Citer | R

You know what else gives people an advantage...not being an idiot.

But on a more serious note I do agree that using Windower plugins give a clear advantage over those not using Windower. Personally I don't really see it as a big deal. I used to use windower before SE put in their own windowed mode, but I had only used the plugin to see everyone's TP. I really don't have any problems with SE windowed mode but if other people do have problems with it then I can see why they'd want to use windower.

Someone mentioned before that windower is kinda like how some people used a calculator in Math class. There's always people using calculators in math class and when used properly it would give a clear advantage over the people that didn't use them. Faster and more precise calculations.

There's 5 types of people in those math classes:

- The students that understand math and do perfectly well or above average without a calculator.
- The students that have trouble grasping the concept and don't care enough to put any effort into it.
- The students who have trouble grasping the concept but do perfectly well or above average with the assistance of a calculator.
- The students that understand math and can do perfectly well or above average without a calculator, but still use one because it simplifies the process.
- The students that have trouble grasping the concept and still cannot manage to do well even with a calculator.

In FFXI there's pretty much the same 5 types of players:

- The players who understand the game mechanics and do perfectly well or above average without windower.
- The players who don't play very well and don't care enough to put any effort into it.
- The players who don't play very well but do perfectly well or above average with the assistance of windower.
- The players who understand the game mechanics and can do perfectly well or above average without windower, but still use it because it simplifies a lot of things.
- The players that don't play very well and still cannot manage to do well even with the assistance of windower.

There's only a few plugins for windower that I don't really like, such as /fillmode...that's way too much of an advantage. But then again if a person in my Salvage/Nyzul static was using it, I prolly wouldn't care since it was benefitting me lol. On that note, I'd rather be in a party with someone that was good using windower than with someone who was bad and not using it.

Anyways lol...that's my view on that. Prolly gonna be a lot of tl;dr's lol, but oh well.
[+]
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-13 17:22:14
Link | Citer | R

Bojack said:
You know what else gives people an advantage...not being an idiot.

But on a more serious note I do agree that using Windower plugins give a clear advantage over those not using Windower. Personally I don't really see it as a big deal. I used to use windower before SE put in their own windowed mode, but I had only used the plugin to see everyone's TP. I really don't have any problems with SE windowed mode but if other people do have problems with it then I can see why they'd want to use windower.

Someone mentioned before that windower is kinda like how some people used a calculator in Math class. There's always people using calculators in math class and when used properly it would give a clear advantage over the people that didn't use them. Faster and more precise calculations.

There's 5 types of people in those math classes:

- The students that understand math and do perfectly well or above average without a calculator.
- The students that have trouble grasping the concept and don't care enough to put any effort into it.
- The students who have trouble grasping the concept but do perfectly well or above average with the assistance of a calculator.
- The students that understand math and can do perfectly well or above average without a calculator, but still use one because it simplifies the process.
- The students that have trouble grasping the concept and still cannot manage to do well even with a calculator.

In FFXI there's pretty much the same 5 types of players:

- The players who understand the game mechanics and do perfectly well or above average without windower.
- The players who don't play very well and don't care enough to put any effort into it.
- The players who don't play very well but do perfectly well or above average with the assistance of windower.
- The players who understand the game mechanics and can do perfectly well or above average without windower, but still use it because it simplifies a lot of things.
- The players that don't play very well and still cannot manage to do well even with the assistance of windower.

There's only a few plugins for windower that I don't really like, such as /fillmode...that's way too much of an advantage. But then again if a person in my Salvage/Nyzul static was using it, I prolly wouldn't care since it was benefitting me lol. On that note, I'd rather be in a party with someone that was good using windower than with someone who was bad and not using it.

Anyways lol...that's my view on that. Prolly gonna be a lot of tl;dr's lol, but oh well.

tl;dr

J/K I read it ^^
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-13 17:23:50
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:

tl;dr

J/K I read it ^^

I didnt read it...
By Fairy.Xxnumbertwoxx 2009-05-13 17:27:09
Link | Citer | R

God Lu you're such a *** lol
 Diabolos.Aphy
Serveur: Diabolos
user:
By Diabolos.Aphy 2009-05-13 17:27:13

The only real thing I use windower for is to see TP so I know when to cast magic to burst because we have to many fking lazy *** melee who dont make ws macros, or make really stupid and annoying ws macros and it drives me nuts. So I just say take out ur gay macros and ill use my TP watcher :3
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2009-05-13 17:33:20
Link | Citer | R

Xxnumbertwoxx said:
God Lu you're such a *** lol

Naw, he's just too busy building his post count to read posts longer than a paragraph. lol XD
First Page 2 3 ... 9 10 11 ... 16 17 18