Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 836 837 838 839 840
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-21 20:36:17
Link | Citer | R

Coral fungus isn't too bad, since the moogle kupower can give access to those vendors. You do have to stock up while the kupower is on though.
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-21 20:40:03
Link | Citer | R

Kupower is of course not up, it never is. (Asura, of course)
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-21 20:40:07
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
2 or 3 days each KI depending. Sometimes the cook items are impossible. Sometimes they're low.

Today was 13k, tomorrow will be 13k again, and tomorrow, but then it resets back to the low end 8k

Today also happens to be one of those items that may be literally impossible to make. Coral fungus is for all intents and purposes impossible to obtain in 202X. (Not literally, if the kupower is up you can get it) And if it does come up, being a cook, you should get 10 stacks and store them.
They should add Locus Moblins to Movalpolos...
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-21 20:44:21
Link | Citer | R

I've been complaining about regional control / impossibility of getting coral fungus for a damn decade.

Some other annoying food too, forget what it was. Falls upon deaf ears (blind eyes)

Bay Leaves, less restrictive but can be impossible too

Ginger can be impossible too, rarely, but it can happen.
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-21 20:49:48
Link | Citer | R

Well if you EXP enough successfully in a region, you can swing it for your nation. I did it like twice on Odin, getting Tavnazia for Bastok and once by grinding gil while level locking myself to 75 for the first relic by farming gil and darksteel ore from Ants behind the Altepa Gate.

Now that everything's 99 though... I mean... I guess monster kills still advance conquest, but the rate's lower if the exp isn't there, right?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-21 20:54:18
Link | Citer | R

Well the big issue is you can't instant swing it. Like you need Fungus NOW. Best case you can buy it next week. Doesn't really help.

You have to have it on hand before the item comes up. Which means generally my cooks inventory is (always) eaten by kitrons, bayleaves fungus wild onions etc just sitting there.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-21 20:58:57
Link | Citer | R

Double;
It's worth noting that fungus is only in.. 2 synths that matter? So After today passes you may not care about fungus again for like 2 months lol.

So you'll forget about it... until you see it come up again. Should be completely done with cooking KI by then.... unless you aren't...
By Pantafernando 2024-04-22 01:48:18
Link | Citer | R

Cooking is for masochists and people who dont respect their inventory.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-23 10:55:13
Link | Citer | R

Even people who cleave regularly can't explain this to me.

How does cleaving work for leveling low-level players? It can't be just the RoE, because that's only 900 EXP per 10 mobs, meaning each enemy is only worth about 90 EXP. But unless the game's mechanics changed, characters lower than the highest level party member get reduced EXP, and beyond like 5 levels or so, get nothing.

So did they... change that mechanic? Does it just not function that way in Escha only? Or is it really just the RoE? Or something else?
 Carbuncle.Maletaru
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: maletaru
By Carbuncle.Maletaru 2024-04-23 11:05:01
Link | Citer | R

If you're a low enough level, you'll get a level from a single RoE. Once you gain enough levels, you start getting EXP from the mobs and the low-ish value of the RoE stops being such an issue. By 50 you're getting thousands of EXP per mob and dozens of mobs are dying every 3 minutes.

It's definitely not "beyond 5 levels you get nothing" it's like....1% exp loss per level difference or something like that. Every level you gain, you will see an increase in the exp/mob you get.

The bigger difference between a brand new character and a seasoned one is the lack of RoV KIs, which make a massive difference.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-23 11:07:33
Link | Citer | R

Did we ever figure out "Apkallu hate"

I've literally never killed an Apkallu (except the voidwatch one) and have it lol

I guess it's community hate and not player specific?
By Dodik 2024-04-23 11:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Jessikah said: »
and beyond like 5 levels or so, get nothing.

No, a lvl1 character will still get XP being cleaved by a lvl99 character. Just a lot less.

When you are killing 20+ mobs at a time, less XP does not matter because they level up so fast anyway.

Assuming the lvl1s have the basic XP bonuses from RoV and etc.
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-23 11:23:03
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Maletaru said: »
It's definitely not "beyond 5 levels you get nothing" it's like....1% exp loss per level difference or something like that.
OK so maybe it didn't change, but it's not noticeable because of the new EXP gains. I remember back in the day, people thought to try this exact strategy, but it failed because the EXP drop-off was a lot bigger than that. Fighting anything tougher than, say, Even Match (which used to only give 100 points to a solo player), while carrying dead weight would be really tough. So you'd be fighting like EP/DC, which divided among a full party would result in only about ~20 experience points, which then would be reduced by the level gap to basically nothing.

Probably just a lot less impactful because every mob gives way more EXP now, especially with Rhapsody KIs. When you're getting like 2,000 to 3,000 EXP per mob, plus Chain bonuses, Corsair's Roll, and Dedication, the penalties are negligible.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-23 11:39:30
Link | Citer | R

This made me curious, so I took a level 1 mule out to Escha Zitah, and had my alt kill a mob for them. Mule has reisenjima access for DM aug purposes, so 7 RoV KI.

Got 34 exp for a lvl 109 puk. It's tiny exp, but they do still get exp. I was a bit surprised. I honestly thought it was going to award nothing until I got a few levels via RoE rewards.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-23 11:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure it's something like your level / highest level in party. So, while lv1 gets very low exp it climbs rapidly. Not exactly sure how ilevel plays into it, but I think there is a penalty of some sort for being 99 in an ilevel party.
By Pantafernando 2024-04-23 12:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Eiryl said: »
Did we ever figure out "Apkallu hate"

I've literally never killed an Apkallu (except the voidwatch one) and have it lol

I guess it's community hate and not player specific?
Wiki says its area specific.

Maybe you entered a zone when someone were slaughtering them.

Or maybe the apkallu just didnt like your face
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2024-04-23 12:43:03
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Pretty sure it's something like your level / highest level in party. So, while lv1 gets very low exp it climbs rapidly. Not exactly sure how ilevel plays into it, but I think there is a penalty of some sort for being 99 in an ilevel party.
Hmmm. I got curious again, so an experiment.

Brought my mule out to Reisenjima on a 99, non-mastered job. No ilvl gear. Main was on PLD, 119. I've previously shown that master levels don't affect normal exp gain for either party, so we can exclude that from the test.

Killed a lvl 123 Agitated Chapuli.

Non-ilvl alt gained: 1680 limit points.
119 main gained: 4200 limit points.

Zoned to break chain, and then removed all ilvl gear from main, locked all ilvl slots, and repeated the test, killing another 123 Agitated Chapuli. So there's two 99's in party, and no one ilvl.

Main: 1680 limit points.
Alt: 1680 limit points.

So.. now they are both the same. With the same value as the alt had previously.. Rather than a penalty for someone ilvl being in the party, this really looks more like being ilvl gives you a bonus to exp. And the lvl 99's exp gain is unchanged.

Normally, you'd think that if we removed a higher 'level' player from the party, replacing them with a lower level one, the exp gain would increase. So this is.. pretty weird.

Anyway, it looks like being ilvl only affect the ilvl player's exp gain, and the gain of a 99 player is unchanged.
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-23 12:55:28
Link | Citer | R

Could've told you that a long time ago

The next important thing you'll think about; is there more bonus the higher the ilvl. i100 vs i119
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2024-04-23 12:56:08
Link | Citer | R

That's wild. Thanks for testing, Martel.
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-23 19:03:43
Link | Citer | R

If you were just gonna raise Rune Fencer or Paladin, you just go ham DD subjob wise for gaining JP right?

Or is there a hidden tanking method that's superior?
 Asura.Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2024-04-23 19:07:02
Link | Citer | R

I mean, cleaving requires tanking, and that's "the best"

But not enmity tanking tanking. How semantic are we being. If youre gonna raise pld or run it should ideally be exclusively cleaving.
[+]
By Nariont 2024-04-23 19:25:45
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
If you were just gonna raise Rune Fencer or Paladin, you just go ham DD subjob wise for gaining JP right?

Or is there a hidden tanking method that's superior?

If you're solo yes, can technically do an okay solo SC on run with kaja axe, PLD can also cleave via AE and using shield blocks to build TP. Both you're much better trying to tank a cleave pt probably

PLD does also have an okay solo sc in savage > cdc > atone > savage, not as braindead/potent as deci > smash > deci x2 but it can work, would require more than trust buffs though.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2024-04-23 19:49:06
Link | Citer | R

I would try fitting in a proper party as a tank. But if solo, probably would grab my Naeg and ask lady Ayame to open my skillchain
[+]
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
By Asura.Vyre 2024-04-24 03:19:10
Link | Citer | R

So what's the most Triple Attack Warrior can stack while also maintaining 100% double attack? I see the 100% datk gearsets often.

Leading me to my real question I guess...

Does the Warrior JP gifts / Empyrean armor bonus proc on Double Attcks that stack on Triple Attacks?

I.E. The traits of Double Attack and Triple Attack have been able to stack since days of Yore with a level 55 THF/WAR being able to get 6 attacks in one attack round without any gear influence.

I just wonder this, in the realm of stupid fun. How much Triple Attack could you wedge onto a WAR that also had 100% datk? And do the Datk damage enhancements and I guesss for that matter, do the Triple Attack damage enhancements register when the traits combine in a single attack round?
 Bismarck.Darkcontroller
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Darkcontroller 2024-04-24 05:50:30
Link | Citer | R

What Relic weapons are still worth getting?
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-24 06:02:01
Link | Citer | R

Depends on your progression/what you have available. Aegis is still BIS for a lot of things. Mandau and Excalibur have some niche uses to avoid WS wall. Annihilator can have some utility if you don't have prime gun, but is useless if you do. Gjallarhorn is good to have unless you have a S5 prime, and very few people do.

The rest are largely outdated, though some might still be decent stepping stone weapons if you're at an early stage of progress and can't get the better EMAP option.
By Drayco 2024-04-24 06:59:31
Link | Citer | R

Apocalypse is absolutely still relevant.
Excalibur because it's the sexiest of all swords.
[+]
 Shiva.Thorny
By Shiva.Thorny 2024-04-24 07:04:11
Link | Citer | R

Drayco said: »
absolutely still relevant.

I don't think so, at best it falls into a stepping stone role. Apocalypse DRK doesn't do anything that other solo-oriented jobs can't, and the damage is very much subpar. Best argument for it being 'worth getting' is because it sounds like a fun playstyle to you. Keep in mind if you're angling for the 'fully max out DRK to cover every situation' argument, prime is just plain better at the same thing. If you want it competitive you're still sinking astrals, and dyna currency has gone up a bit, so the price is pretty high for a super niche piece.
 Asura.Dexprozius
By Asura.Dexprozius 2024-04-24 07:31:09
Link | Citer | R

Considering this is basically the end of the line, what would be your wishlist of (easily implemented) things to keep it interesting, and allow players to continue to get stronger / occupy their time?

1) Merits have been in the game untouched for nearly its entire life cycle, other than adjusting a few things (spells) off the merit list. At the same time, Master levels which majority of players bot/buy and hate, has nearly no carrot on a stick. I'd love to see Merits finally be uncapped, and you could split it up at milestones along the mastery pipeline. Example, @ ML25 you get a KI that uncaps group 1 merits, and @ML50 group 2, or however you want to break it down. Having reviewed all the jobs, I feel like No one job is broken by having access to everything at this point. Majority of it is simply convenient and prevents people from switching around.

2) More 'Peach Power' esque fights. Give players more reason to group up and actually go to these exp camps with meaningful but not "OP" gains... although you could argue even Peach Power is very conservative. They added lottery spawn crabs in bibiki that drop gold shells that do Nothing. They could implement the same to each locus camp/zone with more imp boxes and a 1 off, unique item.

3) Overhauling campaigns. Most campaigns serve content that is extremely outdated. Make those items permanent as they have to older campaigns in the past... In their place offer catch up mechanics for players for sortie, odyssey etc.. or hell implement new ones. The Vanabout is the perfect environment to test what works. Vanabout 1 was a horrible event, but I know no one who didnt absolutely love the power of the bonus to each difficulty of ambu every day. Imagine if we had something similar for sheol A / B for segs + lustreless items... or galli campaigns? They can even get silly and make Boxes give 1k instead of 100 and noobs can rush objectives for something solid. The ideas are limitless.

4) Revamp existing battlefields that have no iLvl counterpart (high tier, master trial or w/e they want it to be). Why has Bahamut never been brought back in some shape or form? Limbus? all sorts of things like this exist from the 75 Era endgame and surely have the framework in place, just simply need to be scaled up. They can even be skimpy with the rewards, most players just want a new tings to chase. If they made an iLevel Bahamut Zhangal it'd probably be trash, but lots of people would want it. I've seen it mentioned many times that dreamland dynamis zones would be a good idea too, although i'm sure that'd take alot more time to develop.

These are just a few things that came to mind in the moment.

Note: I'm absolutely sure none of this even has a 1% chance of seeing reality. Expecting anything new is strictly copium. But a wishlist is a wishlist and it's interesting to hear what people would like to see that's not completely outlandish (i.e NEW EXPANSION NEW JOB NEW ZONE PVP ETC)
[+]
By Drayco 2024-04-24 07:40:59
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Drayco said: »
absolutely still relevant.

I don't think so, at best it falls into a stepping stone role. Apocalypse DRK doesn't do anything that other solo-oriented jobs can't, and the damage is very much subpar. Best argument for it being 'worth getting' is because it sounds like a fun playstyle to you. Keep in mind if you're angling for the 'fully max out DRK to cover every situation' argument, prime is just plain better at the same thing. If you want it competitive you're still sinking astrals, and dyna currency has gone up a bit, so the price is pretty high for a super niche piece.

I'll grant you Apoc isn't the strongest weapon for alliance content, but that's not all there is to FFXI. I almost never use anything other than Apoc when I'm soloing stuff.

Apoc is also huge when your tank falls or something. With Drain 3 HP and Apoc, you can survive longer than most jobs can.

The beauty of FFXI is that there is no BiS answer to every situation.
[+]
First Page 2 3 ... 836 837 838 839 840