Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 719 720 721 ... 836 837 838
 Phoenix.Serveroz
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Serveroz
By Phoenix.Serveroz 2021-10-17 10:17:48
Link | Citer | R

Hello.
The only way to unlock Bumba V15 the leader must defeat all nms at V15 difficulty?

If the leader gets carried alog a Bumba V15 clear but doesnt have the rest of nms at v15. Will the leader be able to unlock bumba v15 fight himself?
 Asura.Bippin
Serveur: Asura
user: Gunit
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-17 10:50:58
Link | Citer | R

No, to unlock being able to enter the fight you must have all lower teir V15 wins.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2021-10-17 13:59:54
Link | Citer | R

Do Empyreans have the hidden WS modifiers on them, other than the R15 augments?
 Hades.Ferusio
Serveur: Hades
user: Ferusio
By Hades.Ferusio 2021-10-17 15:54:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Vyre said: »
Can any job solo Up in Arms?

Youtube's been recommending me lots of FFXI videos recently, probably due to what I'm uploading myself, and I've getting a lot of Royal Jelly/Up in Arms solos tonight.

So far I've seen a SAM/rdm solo Royal Jelly.

A Monk solo Up in Arms.

Several PUPs for UiA. A RDM.

A few BLUs for RJ.

Anyone know the 4-1-1 on the BCNM soloing?

RNG or sam/rng can solo kite sidewinder spam this pretty successfully I used to do this every time I got 60 seals back in the day with soboro and the lv 50 jse with STP.
[+]
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-17 15:54:53
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »
Do Empyreans have the hidden WS modifiers on them, other than the R15 augments?
No
[+]
 Phoenix.Iocus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: androwe
By Phoenix.Iocus 2021-10-17 16:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Do you get the TP bonus for 1h aeonics in the offhand or just the Store TP?
 Asura.Geriond
user: Gerion
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-17 16:04:42
Link | Citer | R

Just the Store TP. Only Magian weapons give TP bonus to weapons other than itself.
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-10-17 23:32:40
Link | Citer | R

can any item give you the pulse from the ??? in NN or only the weapon ??? and if thats the case is it only the +1 or can the +2 give pulse.
By Nariont 2021-10-17 23:59:29
Link | Citer | R

It's weapon specific, though there's some funky ones from memory since theres not a ??? of every weapon type, like h2h came from dagger i think. +1's are what you want for pulse, +2 is just znm pops, alexandrites, and the table
 Lakshmi.Avereith
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Lilianna
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-19 07:11:31
Link | Citer | R

Anyone that's had a kraken club drop from up in arms have a tally of how many fights it took? I'm about to hit 0/400 and I want to get even more mad seeing somebody that gets one in less than 100
By SimonSes 2021-10-19 07:24:52
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Avereith said: »
Anyone that's had a kraken club drop from up in arms have a tally of how many fights it took? I'm about to hit 0/400 and I want to get even more mad seeing somebody that gets one in less than 100

I know people who got 3/500- and Im 0/600+

The chance is so low, that knowing odds wont help you at all.
Its like Malignance last piece. Some got 5/5 in 100 runs. Some are 0/800 on last piece.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-19 07:31:52
Link | Citer | R

Aye, what a pain eh? At this rate I'm assuming it's a 5% chance to open the slot with the walkure/kraken and then a 1% chance for that slot to be the kraken, so 0.05% kraken drop chance. Which would only give me around an 18% chance over 400 runs or so, so I don't feel that bad ;;

But realistically who knows it could be better or it could be worse. The only thing Im 100% sure of at this point is that the 1% drop statistics on ffxiclopedia are bullllllshit, lol. People definitely goofed on submitting their data for that
By Pantafernando 2021-10-19 10:12:44
Link | Citer | R

I think its 1/1000.

Because the lowest drop rate is that. The second lowest is like 1/200, and ive tried 400+ without seeing it.
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-19 10:27:03
Link | Citer | R

1/1000 is the lowest drop rate of a slot. The chances of getting a specific drop within a slot can be any arbitrary value, like Defending Ring's 5%.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-19 10:55:26
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Geriond said: »
1/1000 is the lowest drop rate of a slot. The chances of getting a specific drop within a slot can be any arbitrary value, like Defending Ring's 5%.
You're assuming that chests, which aren't effected by TH, are coded the same way. It's not necessarily true.

That said, there was a period of time where you could pop BCs infinitely. Went around 3/11k~ from that, so I would say that you can be relatively confident it's below 1/1000.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-19 11:20:43
Link | Citer | R

3 out of eleven thousand! Whooaaaa lol

That does not get my hopes up
 Ragnarok.Jessikah
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Jessie
By Ragnarok.Jessikah 2021-10-19 11:32:00
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
Went around 3/11k~ from that
That's probably the most Final Fantasy XI thing I've ever heard. Daaamn!
[+]
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-19 11:37:55
Link | Citer | R

Still a better drop rate than some Phantasy Star Online items.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-19 11:53:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Thorny said: »
You're assuming that chests, which aren't effected by TH, are coded the same way. It's not necessarily true.

That said, there was a period of time where you could pop BCs infinitely. Went around 3/11k~ from that, so I would say that you can be relatively confident it's below 1/1000.
3/11000 actually fits really well with my guess of the 5% drop slot and 1% kraken club in drop slot idea tho.

3 successes in 11000 trials with a 0.05% kraken club chance has a binomial cumulative probability of around 91%

So yeah! time to do 3000 more attempts on top of my 400 attempts already for around an 81% chance of getting one ;;
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-19 12:19:56
Link | Citer | R

91% is the chance of getting 3 or more drops in that many kills at that drop rate, not the chances of 1/2000 being accurate with a sample of 3/11000.

The fact that it's "or more" means that the higher the drop rate you input, the closer the chances will be to 100%.
 Lakshmi.Avereith
By Lakshmi.Avereith 2021-10-19 12:25:20
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I get that, I'm saying it seems likely since that's a nice number, seeing 99% would make me think the rate is better, seeing 40% would make me think the rate is worse. It's better to theorize with some data rather than no data even though it's all still just theory and conjecture.

All in good fun,etc
 Asura.Geriond
By Asura.Geriond 2021-10-19 12:29:32
Link | Citer | R

Just going by the value posted there, the "most likely" drop rate would be 1/3667, though with a significant error range.
By RadialArcana 2021-10-19 12:45:00
Link | Citer | R

Friend and I went 1/40 or so many years ago.

That game was ridiculous, I lost count how many Ruins runs I did to try and get a spread needle. I ended up duping and trading to get every item in the game after playing legit for a couple of years, which was one of the stupidest things I've ever done in a video game. I still wanted to play it but now I had no reason to.
By Pantafernando 2021-10-19 14:47:20
Link | Citer | R

Dev posts mentioned item rarity as an internal term, and makes sense. Instead of manually giving values for each item drop rate, they just qualitatively measure an item, and that rarity is translated to a definitive drop rate.

They gave us 7 ranks for “item rarity”, but it could be also possible they just kept hidden the 8th tier, below “Ultra Rare”. Like impossible to gauge rare.

Following the pattern of the last 5 tiers, the 8th should be 1/2000. And if there is a 9th tier, it would be 1/10000.
 Shiva.Thorny
Serveur: Shiva
user: Rairin
By Shiva.Thorny 2021-10-19 15:02:59
Link | Citer | R

More likely that it's either a 2 step drop like Avereith suggested, or BC chests work on a different system(maybe even have every BC drop be a 100% slot with distribution).

We know that they can set distribution within a slot to basically anything they want though, so there are certainly conditions that shouldn't just be simplified to the TH chart.
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2021-10-19 21:11:01
Link | Citer | R

Nariont said: »
It's weapon specific, though there's some funky ones from memory since theres not a ??? of every weapon type, like h2h came from dagger i think. +1's are what you want for pulse, +2 is just znm pops, alexandrites, and the table
i need alex but my main goal is to make my sword and i need pulse bad. can anyone add to this if you know more?
 Asura.Bippin
By Asura.Bippin 2021-10-19 21:14:55
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Nariont said: »
i need alex but my main goal is to make my sword and i need pulse bad. can anyone add to this if you know more?
What is the question?

What ??? items can drop pulse weapons?
 Leviathan.Isiolia
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Isiolia
By Leviathan.Isiolia 2021-10-19 21:59:59
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »

If you're hoping to get a Pulse weapon via the NNI campaign, then what you want are ??? weapon +1 items from the various NMs you might see on non-boss floors.

The original/normal design is that the ??? item you get might appraise to the actual drop from that NM (or a particular one if it drops multiple). There's a list of them here https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Nyzul_Isle_Uncharted_Area_Survey

The +1 versions of those can appraise to a much wider range of items based on what the ??? item is. Realistically, you'll probably just want to kill any/all NMs you can for ??? items, since any of them have good stuff you can possibly get. You just aren't getting a Pulse weapon from a ??? Ring +1 or whatever.

As you may know, it doesn't matter which one you end up getting, as you can turn in any Pulse weapon to upgrade an Ambuscade weapon.

As mentioned, the +2 boxes (from the boss floors, 20/40/60/80/100) will not appraise to weapons either. Still worth doing if you're working on a Mythic particularly.
By Foxfire 2021-10-20 19:47:29
Link | Citer | R

RadialArcana said: »
Friend and I went 1/40 or so many years ago.

That game was ridiculous, I lost count how many Ruins runs I did to try and get a spread needle. I ended up duping and trading to get every item in the game after playing legit for a couple of years, which was one of the stupidest things I've ever done in a video game. I still wanted to play it but now I had no reason to.
honestly a lot of PSOe1&2 items were easily farmable if you had a character with the appropriate section ID. people had mapped out which missions/map layouts had the most of [x] enemy, then it was a matter of farming that
in case of rare mobs, the pipe trick offline made that an absolute joke

arguably the only weapon that had a truly atrocious drop rate was SJS, and that was mostly because Gi Gues weren't that plentiful. you had a quest with only 15 of them in a single room for something with like a 1/12k drop rate, so that was absurd

things like guld/milla, yasha, heaven punisher may have had worse drop rates on average, but they were on substantially easier things to farm

i think i preferred that sort of grind because you could do it on your own time w/o substantial prep as opposed to ffxi where you need to farm merits and fight one boss after a queue to maybe get the item, or farm stacks of pop items to chance a pulse, etc.

anyway that's enough pso from me
By billnes 2021-10-21 07:59:21
Link | Citer | R

Melic Torque Page Out-of-date

The Melic Torque page on FFXIclopedia is out-of-date and I honestly have no clue how to fix it. The torque can be traded to an A.M.A.N. Reclaimer for 600 marks. However, this is not shown in the wiki. Could somebody fix this. I don't know how to do it.
First Page 2 3 ... 719 720 721 ... 836 837 838