Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 302 303 304 ... 860 861 862
By Pantafernando 2014-08-05 16:27:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Tigerwoods said: »
How much do displacers weaken the NMs? Trying to get clears for my mule and want to know how many I should use for each NM.

Duo'ing on mnk + dnc if that means anything

I read each displacer can weaken 1 lv the nm.

Up till jeuno t2 most vwnm can be easily doed. Start becomining trickier as you do t2 past vwnm.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-08-05 18:17:55
Link | Citer | R

Name of the NPC to upgrade Skirmish gear to +1? I always forget >.<

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-08-05 18:24:16
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
Name of the NPC to upgrade Skirmish gear to +1? I always forget >.<
dimmy-wimmy or some ***, it's the taru right inside inventor's coalition area when you warp there
Thanks for the quick reply! Now to actually get a freaking KI...
 Carbuncle.Bukadan
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: bukasmith
By Carbuncle.Bukadan 2014-08-05 20:07:55
Link | Citer | R

the only vw you'd really need displacers on are the dolphin/morta and some of the nms in the aht urghan path or tav path. but if you changed to whm/blm and mnk/war youll have significantly higher chances to proc, survival, and equally fast kills, if not faster if you have a nuke set for whm or melee set for whm. whm is also decent for procs and ***too, no brainer there though. i never go for ws procs because theyre useless in the grand scheme. shoulder tackling ws's that are bad is a good idea. ive done all of them for a friend with no displacers but he brought blm, so we had whm blm mnk, but he barely ever proc'd because it seemed like he decided to wait 3 mins or something before he started going through spells lol

Post deleted by User.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
Serveur: Odin
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-06 14:20:37
Link | Citer | R

considering the difficulty of the zone depends on how many people are present, to an extent, it would be reasonable for them to charge for additional stragglers.

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Jassik
VIP
user: Jassik
By Odin.Jassik 2014-08-06 14:23:39
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Kaitaru said: »
Odin.Jassik said: »
considering the difficulty of the zone depends on how many people are present, to an extent, it would be reasonable for them to charge for additional stragglers.
I suppose it was worth mentioning the person I spoke to was trio boxing with a friend and it was a 1.0 win so I'm guessing that's why he didn't mind.

A strong 4 man group can probably handle it, considering a strong group of 6 can clear the zone in less than 20 mins. It just adds difficulty, so people charge per body, generally.
 Cerberus.Ganlere
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ganlere
By Cerberus.Ganlere 2014-08-06 14:46:23
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have a list or opinion on which weaponskills are now the best for each job. As some are situational and others connected to relic, perhaps the best three for each job. Something like

1. Best 95% of the time
2. Should have for that other 5%
3. If you want to play job use this until you have 1 & 2
By Davorin 2014-08-06 15:00:42
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »
Anyone have a list or opinion on which weaponskills are now the best for each job. As some are situational and others connected to relic, perhaps the best three for each job. Something like

1. Best 95% of the time

You should read up on the jobs you really want the information for in the Jobs section in this forum. Or post in there. Or play the jobs.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-08-06 15:27:28
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Ganlere said: »

1. Best 95% of the time

COR:

1. Last stand and leaden salute
2. Wildfire(fire dmg/low enmity/close dark)>Requiescat(none elemental)= Exenterator(skill-chain/additional effect)>evisceration
3. Idk what else is worth using besides the above WS.....slug shot?
By gdiShun 2014-08-06 15:57:08
Link | Citer | R

For NIN it seems to be:

Hi > Shun > Ku > Jin > Kamu

Shun and Ku are actually pretty close and can be used pretty much interchangeably, depending on SC needs and/or accuracy needs(Ku's acc increase with TP). Same for Jin and Kamu weirdly.

Metsu would be between Hi and Shun with relic.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-08-06 17:12:52
Link | Citer | R

For THF

Mercy Stroke and Rudra's Storm are pretty close now I think, evisceration is still good un-stacked, don't think Exenterator is worth more than 1 merit now.
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-07 03:24:52
Link | Citer | R

Is there any known way to keep Ironbeak Inguza's water spikes damage from increasing?
 Leviathan.Kaparu
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Tsuko
By Leviathan.Kaparu 2014-08-07 04:02:18
Link | Citer | R

Kill it ^o^
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-07 04:20:11
Link | Citer | R

But they're annoying. :(
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-08-07 05:53:35
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Is there any known way to keep Ironbeak Inguza's water spikes damage from increasing?

The best way I have found out to do is to let the tanker(PLD or RUN) is to turn around and not do damamge to it and let the ranger decoy and shoot away, even if your taking front line DD's, for sam's, they should be using Yoichi. As for if your taking monks/drks/war's, just let them stand back and enjoy the show.
 Odin.Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2014-08-07 06:09:48
Link | Citer | R

Not concerned in the least about when using a RNG method; only talking about a melee setup. Went and did a Marjami run with SAM MNK as DDs but 300+ damage water spikes sucks.
 Bismarck.Dubai
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Enitsu
By Bismarck.Dubai 2014-08-07 06:14:37
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Llewelyn said: »
Not concerned in the least about when using a RNG method; only talking about a melee setup. Went and did a Marjami run with SAM MNK as DDs but 300+ damage water spikes sucks.

Damn, never tried using DD setup to be honest, so I cant help you there.

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-08-07 13:21:39
Link | Citer | R

Looking at other venues for farming gill, was curious how profitable WoE is now that the upgrade items are bazaar able. I've never done WoE and the page doesn't real give much info outside of it being server progression based and you fight bosses in various con fluxes. Is loot personal like VW or is it purely lot based? Are there any daily time restrictions like dyna? I ask because I see the currency selling very well :O.

Woe gave people lots of gil for some time, but its not true anymore. Woe items are too cheap to be worth farming (used to be 40k, now you should find them for 10-20k) due to login campaign, and aparently, woe items are forever locked as login campaign rewards.

Farming woe just make sense if you can multibox, so earning n times drops, but will sell pretty slow. It was ages since i saw a shout asking for die or residue. Coins though, are asked more often.

Woe drops are personal for every player.

There is a 10 mins restriction to do the same flux, but there are 13 diferent fluxes, you can rotate between fluxes.

You normally will aim for fluxes who have others profitable drops, like windbuffet, flume belt fluxes or aceso choker fluxes. Check them out, and focus on rotating them (in case you decide to farm that).

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Tawhoya
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2014-08-07 14:00:53
Link | Citer | R

Dice and residue are cheep these days, but not so much that you can't make gill off of them, not to mention the 1m belts that drop out there. On our server the price of coins is about 30-40k due to the login campaign not supplying them any longer. Because of this, it can be pretty profitable to farm woe. Also it is far more time consuming to build an almace than making the woe version.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2014-08-07 14:03:25
Link | Citer | R

Thanks for the info, so you can repeat preferred con fluxes I gather? I assumed currency sold better since you can easily buy the mats for a empy WS you want to unlock if you had the gill. Was going to get CDC via WoE but it almost seems like less of a hassle by just making a 90 Almace.

Confluxes just have a 10 minute cooldown after they've been beaten (if someone else just cleared it you won't be able to enter either).

You can usually just rotate between 2-3 that you like, or just follow/team up with other people who are doing them. Your drops in the crate (and XP/limit points) are scaled according to participation though, so if you barely get a chance to touch mobs it might be counterproductive.

Getting the particular coins you want is kind of random. I did WoE hoping to get coins for CDC as well, but wound up with far fewer of those than the other types. I wound up buying most of the Glory coins I needed anyway, but did offset the cost with other coins/drops I got from trying.

I'd say that it'd take a lot less time to make the gil for the coins/etc than to start an Almace from scratch.
You might also just wait and see if the next login campaign (assuming they have one, which seems like a safe assumption) offers coins as something you can buy with points.
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
Serveur: Cerberus
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2014-08-07 17:24:12
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if there is a prerequisite Adoulin Storyline mission before mog garden hits rank 7 ?
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-08-07 17:47:53
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone know if battlemod works with kparser?
 Quetzalcoatl.Valli
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: valli
By Quetzalcoatl.Valli 2014-08-07 20:42:18
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draylo said: »
Does anyone know if battlemod works with kparser?

I remember trying to use it once, it didn't read correctly, but it could've simply been a memloc issue.

Cerberus.Anjisnu said: »
Anyone know if there is a prerequisite Adoulin Storyline mission before mog garden hits rank 7 ?

Nope... it... just.... takes.... forEVER for the furrow. The rest should go up to 7 relatively easy, with no pre-reqs.
 Asura.Justblaze
user: Johnblaze
By Asura.Justblaze 2014-08-07 20:43:09
Link | Citer | R

I just tried it earlier... Kparser wasn't working while battlemod was loaded.
First Page 2 3 ... 302 303 304 ... 860 861 862