Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 277 278 279 ... 860 861 862
 Ragnarok.Littleanimal
Serveur: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
user: Beanie
By Ragnarok.Littleanimal 2014-06-06 04:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Zoltar said: »
I'd you obtained a trial weapon and never started it, but dropped it, will the NPC give you a new one?

yes
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-06 06:41:00
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Again, youre totally correct and right to select well your member, after all, youre a smart person, you have a whole lot of server MNK to choose, why not choose? BUT youre wrong in argumenting the MNKs strength will increase/reduce your chance of winning.

Actually it will, just like BRD WHM SCH's performance will affect the chance of winning, MNK/DD's performance will affect the chance of winning too. There are several ways to affect the chance of winning and losing.

1) Spent a long time on Tojil, and hits stun wall. You can argue that you can still win with stun wall, but the chance of losing is much higher, without doubt.

2) One of your DD died on Tojil or pull/adds, weakened for 5 min, and the other 2 DD has to carry his weight.

In this case, if 2 other DD isn't strong enough you'd hit stun wall too.

3) Your WHM BRD is gimp, your DD has no DT- set, spending too long on Tojil = ppl run out of MP. Or the chance of something *** up gets higher.

You think the strength of DD does not affect the win rate, is probably because you place the blame on support jobs. But in a team everyone has the responsibility. If BRD WHM SCH being top notch is required, it isn't unreasonable/narrow minded to setup some standard for the DD too. And with better DD, your team will have much more room for error that you can still win if 1~2 person die or WHM BRD SCH gimp.

I dont think the diference of strenght of an ilv117 and 119 will make a run that is supose to win, fail, or a run that is supose to fail, win.

Of course you're always welcome to make your pt a little bit weaker if other part of the team can cover it, however once they add up it can be disaster. A fail run is usually a bunch of "small difference"(let it be DD or support) add up and it turn into mistakes that's hard to fix.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-06 08:01:45
Link | Citer | R

People originally beated Delve with old 99 rme, Nyzul gear, etc. Maybe D2 isn't a good idea with only eminent stuff, but for D1 is more than enough as long as you know how to gear(which is needed for people with 119 too anyway).
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-06 08:32:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
People originally beated Delve with old 99 rme, Nyzul gear, etc. Maybe D2 isn't a good idea with only eminent stuff, but for D1 is more than enough as long as you know how to gear(which is needed for people with 119 too anyway).

Technically you can 3 man delve1 zone and have the other 2 DD spot afk leeches. From pt lead's POV why would leaders invite them? This isn't the issue of "you can get delve1 win in lv 99 gears so you can come 117 gears and still win", this is the issue of carry your weight in a pt.

If the other 2 DDs are weak, 3rd DD being ILV117 = higher chance to fail if ppl die. If the other 2 DDs are strong enough they can just go with 2 and lot material with less competition. If your DD is super elite you can probably go with 1 DD and still win....and get all the items himself.

Further more, having 3 stronger DD means faster runs, so when you're doing 3 runs in a row the time you save is quite noticeable when they add up.

As I said, it's up to the pt lead to decide and the lead has right to. But ppl shouldn't criticize pt lead for not inviting certain ppl. Pt lead should have right to make pt however they want.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-06 08:35:01
Link | Citer | R

117 weapon isn't weak for D1.

Whether leaders want first timer or not is an entirely different issue, but it's not weak.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-06 08:35:33
Link | Citer | R

Actually i think they should had first senbaaks/rigors/bloodbath axe instead rem99.

Still, there isnt too much comparison, as they used a situation of extremelly high buff (8 songs, 4 rolls supercharged) and extremelly debuff situations (dia4, geo frailty, angon). It wouldnt be absurd to think them as stronger than current eminent in low man situation.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-06 08:38:09
Link | Citer | R

117 weapon isn't weak for D1.

Whether leaders want first timer or not is an entirely different issue, but it's not weak.

Whether a weapon is weak or strong is relative.

Assuming everyone is equally skilled:
If you have plenty of ILV119 DD to choose from the ILV 117 will be weak.

There's still nothing wrong for pt lead to choose not to invite ILV117, being first time or not.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-06 08:38:50
Link | Citer | R

Forgot about airlixir gear. But I didn't say it was cakewalk the first time, but wouldn't it be now with people that already better geared than at the time? Eminent, Skirmish, JSE, all good stuff for Tojil, it's not like delve bosses drop entire gearsets anyway.
Guide Maker
By Seha 2014-06-06 08:43:01
Link | Citer | R

The guy mentioned he has monk, good. Get eminent, farm some skirmish and seals for JSE equipment and weapon(haven't checked but I'm guessing it's better than eminent fists), then go to Delve to get Oatixur. Leveling new jobs would be a waste of time, especially bard considering it's always asked with very strict requirements.

edit: hell, forgot about Homestead, so easy to get and pretty strong.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-06 08:46:32
Link | Citer | R

It seems that ppl just pissed at the fact that pt lead gets the right to be selective.

What's wrong with being selective though? If "being selective" doesn't cost anything it's only reasonable to be selective. If I /shout and got 5 MNK /tell in 5 sec, obviously I can pick ILV119(assuming everyone equally skilled and no emotional factor kicking in)if I want to.

If ILV117 MNK wants to get in he/she better use emotional factor....sometimes I got /tell from ppl needing clear but without proper gear asking for a clear, then my sympathy kicks in and ended up inviting them. Otherwise it's more logical to invite ILV119 instead of ILv117 for faster and safer clears, or don't invite 3rd DD at all and get more chance at drop.
[+]
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-06 08:48:39
Link | Citer | R

When did I say people can't be selective?
Whether leaders want first timer or not is an entirely different issue
By Pantafernando 2014-06-06 09:14:46
Link | Citer | R

Seha said: »
The guy mentioned he has monk, good. Get eminent, farm some skirmish and seals for JSE equipment and weapon(haven't checked but I'm guessing it's better than eminent fists), then go to Delve to get Oatixur. Leveling new jobs would be a waste of time, especially bard considering it's always asked with very strict requirements.

Who are you?
 Asura.Kingnobody
Bug Hunter
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Kingnobody 2014-06-06 09:19:07
Link | Citer | R

Who are you?
Me

/mindblown
 Asura.Kormak
user: kormak
By Asura.Kormak 2014-06-06 09:31:02
Link | Citer | R

edit: hell, forgot about Homestead, so easy to get and pretty strong.

Pretty sure that if you got JSE you don't need oats. You lose 12atk 3%PDT but gain 14acc 120HP and 12 guard skill.
Would it not be better to JSE > Tinhaspa?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-06 09:32:54
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure how Oats compare to those, but all the better reason to accept him if JSE are that good.

Who are you?
The Captain.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2014-06-06 09:38:11
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure how Oats compare to those, but all the better reason to accept him if JSE are that good.

Who are you?
The Captain.

Aye aye, sir.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-06 12:07:40
Link | Citer | R

Question about Bonanza: do characters need to have been active for at least 1 month or is it just about being created since 1 month? More simply: am I still in time to reactivate an already existing mule to buy marbles?
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-06 12:14:16
Link | Citer | R

Question about Bonanza: do characters need to have been active for at least 1 month or is it just about being created since 1 month? More simply: am I still in time to reactivate an already existing mule to buy marbles?

so long as it has one month on its log. I reactivated a second acct last time the day before it ended, and was able to buy them

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-06 12:17:34
Link | Citer | R

Right, just wanted to make sure. That 1€ is precious!
 Sylph.Jrpg
Serveur: Sylph
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2014-06-06 19:46:17
Link | Citer | R

How do I send commands to a dualbox character from my main character's Windower (so I don't have to alt-tab)? Example: for casting cures, -na spells, etc. And is there a way to show status timers from my dualbox character onto my main?
By Pantafernando 2014-06-06 19:58:54
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
How do I send commands to a dualbox character from my main character's Windower (so I don't have to alt-tab)? Example: for casting cures, -na spells, etc. And is there a way to show status timers from my dualbox character onto my main?

Download "send" in windower and you can do that.
About status timer, idk.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-06 20:03:39
Link | Citer | R

Couldn't find it in the SCH thread. What is the total potency for cure spells with weather up.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-06 20:19:52
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »
Couldn't find it in the SCH thread. What is the total potency for cure spells with weather up.

Didnt do the maths, but aparently someone else did, and posted the result in pulse he page. The cap is 72.5% (1.5x1.15).
 Leviathan.Matteh
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-06 21:21:30
Link | Citer | R

Why dont more people stream FFXI >.> (including me) i only found like three other ppl on twitch O.o
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-06 21:23:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Matteh said: »
Why dont more people stream FFXI >.> (including me) i only found like three other ppl on twitch O.o

I kinda want to but I play FFXI like ***and I don't want to hurt viewer's eyes with my snail paced play skill ;D

And I often start drama in /s /l /yell /shout but not /tell :D Are you sure you want to watch that? :D
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2014-06-06 21:28:29
Link | Citer | R

A lot of people are afraid of the anti-cheating brigade would be my guess.
 Leviathan.Matteh
user: Matteh
By Leviathan.Matteh 2014-06-06 21:29:05
Link | Citer | R

I kinda want to but I play FFXI like ***and I don't want to hurt viewer's eyes with my snail paced play skill ;D

And I often start drama in /s /l /yell /shout but not /tell :D Are you sure you want to watch that? :D

It doesn't matter really, as long as you're interactive with your viewers ^^
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-06 21:37:26
Link | Citer | R

It doesn't matter really, as long as you're interactive with your viewers ^^

How do you do it on twitch? I'm not familiar with it! Do I need to talk to the viewer often?
 Asura.Fondue
user: Caliber
By Asura.Fondue 2014-06-06 21:47:30
Link | Citer | R

googlefu is not very good on this but why cant I upgrade relic armor? I have sea on Dawn and sky is beyond ark angels, dynamis I have dl win and im rank6

i cant find anything about requirements
First Page 2 3 ... 277 278 279 ... 860 861 862