Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 276 277 278 ... 860 861 862
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2014-05-31 12:56:02
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Keyoku said: »
They did change that, sparks now offer i117 weapons, easiest weapon of choice for new/returning players
Weapons yes, armour? no The question was where can you get low level armour from, sparks doesn't sell armour below lv99
 Cerberus.Keyoku
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Keyoku
By Cerberus.Keyoku 2014-05-31 13:19:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Cerberus.Keyoku said: »
They did change that, sparks now offer i117 weapons, easiest weapon of choice for new/returning players
Weapons yes, armour? no The question was where can you get low level armour from, sparks doesn't sell armour below lv99

Ah, my bad, I misread the question then and concede, you're right about there not being any low lvl armor. Easiest access there would be Bayld armor, if you're not opposed to doing any kinds of reives or coalition ops.
 Siren.Finality
Serveur: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-05-31 13:21:23
Link | Citer | R

How do I change my LS on guildwork? It's been stuck on my old LS for a long time. Thanks in advance!
Edit: Nevermind. Answered my own question. Sorry. ._.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-01 09:56:51
Link | Citer | R

Hi.

Leveled SMN, and now would like some sugestions for merits.
Basically just gonna use SMN in burn situation with another SMNs, focused mainly for Odin II and maybe some high tier battlefield.

Thanks in advance.
 Asura.Ackeronll
Serveur: Asura
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2014-06-01 19:38:14
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
Hi.

Leveled SMN, and now would like some sugestions for merits.
Basically just gonna use SMN in burn situation with another SMNs, focused mainly for Odin II and maybe some high tier battlefield.

Thanks in advance.

Basic set up depends on what your gear is but since it seems like you are just gonna burn stuff I'm guessing Empy +2 Eminent Satchet and staff. With that I would say w/e you are gonna use most for Group 1, pre-Adoulin stuff can take a lot of damage from physical pacts but if they are evasive enough or have high defense/PDT Magic pacts can pull ahead. For group 2 w/e pact you like best and 1 in the rest that gives you a go to Magic pact and the other elements just in case the target is resistant to your main one.

Edit: Just saw the "High Tier Battle Fields" Unless you are doing easy avoid going SMN at all costs. You end up just being a 3rd wheel on everything other then Elvaan where you put Earthen Armor up an then proceed to do pretty much nothing till you need to reapply it. You need excessively high gear for SMN to even scratch the paint on these guys on D or higher.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2014-06-01 21:58:53
Link | Citer | R

What would the command be to make a send macro to have my alt WS?

Something along the lines of //send player //vsmite?
By Pantafernando 2014-06-02 04:24:09
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Nemesio said: »
What would the command be to make a send macro to have my alt WS?

Something along the lines of //send player //vsmite?

I macroed the long way expression for my mules

/console send xxx /ws 'victory smite' <t>

You can write diferent but this work.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2014-06-04 05:09:57
Link | Citer | R

In a lair reive can you shoot the nest without aggroing the mobs or do they link?
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-04 05:16:50
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
In a lair reive can you shoot the nest without aggroing the mobs or do they link?
Nah, mobs don't link with the obstacle in question, they only ever become aggressive.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-04 07:40:51
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Cerberus.Tidis said: »
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Nah, mobs don't link with the obstacle in question, they only ever become aggressive.
You just have to find the right lair reives seha. Each zone has a couple that force you to be in aggroing range due to poor design and a couple that let you stand far as hell safely.

Rakznar lair reives seemed pretty safe in a max nuking range (20'). Also, colonization reives, like 90% in ceizak or yahse, are very safe to afk if you stay hugged to root, and body pointing the corner. If none come to screw, i can stay afk auto skilling for over 8h.
By Zoltar 2014-06-04 07:46:46
Link | Citer | R

I'd you obtained a trial weapon and never started it, but dropped it, will the NPC give you a new one?
 Valefor.Psykopat
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-06-04 07:52:31
Link | Citer | R

Hi, trying to gear my WHM again.

With 5/5 cure casting time merits and light Arts, am I reaching the 80% cure casting time reduction using this set?

ItemSet 324451

Thx in advance.
 Ragnarok.Afania
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-04 08:21:13
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Psykopat said: »
Hi, trying to gear my WHM again.

With 5/5 cure casting time merits and light Arts, am I reaching the 80% cure casting time reduction using this set?

ItemSet 324451

Thx in advance.

Merit:20% Arts:10% ammo 2% head 5% neck 5% ear 2% hands 7% ring 2% back 8% waist 3% legs 12% feet 4% that should be 80%.
 Cerberus.Tidis
MSPaint Winner
user: tidis
By Cerberus.Tidis 2014-06-04 08:21:59
Link | Citer | R

Zoltar said: »
I'd you obtained a trial weapon and never started it, but dropped it, will the NPC give you a new one?
Yes, but you may have to cancel the quest and restart it.
 Valefor.Psykopat
user: bob
By Valefor.Psykopat 2014-06-04 08:37:40
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Afania said: »
Merit:20% Arts:10% ammo 2% head 5% neck 5% ear 2% hands 7% ring 2% back 8% waist 3% legs 12% feet 4% that should be 80%.

Wanted a double check to be sure in case I forgot something. Thx Afania!
 Leviathan.Lodie
Serveur: Leviathan
user: lodiont
By Leviathan.Lodie 2014-06-04 20:21:48
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know r the positions of the excavations points in Abyssea Misareaux for the RoE quest?
 Bahamut.Ricker
Serveur: Bahamut
user: RickerUk
By Bahamut.Ricker 2014-06-05 11:05:25
Link | Citer | R

Hi,

I quit before SoA was released, and have recently returned.

I have MNK, WAR, BST, and NIN all at 99. Since returning I have farmed enough sparks to get the ilvl 117 weapons for each of these jobs.

I have unlocked Ukko's Fury, Victory Smite and Blade: Hi, as I have the 90 Emp for these jobs. I realise I need to get ilvl 119 weapons and armour. Will I be able to join delve ( or other event, not even sure where to start) with just the eminent weapons and my old gear? Or will I have to be levelling WHM or BRD to get gear for these jobs?

Just any general advice to get geared up would be welcome.

Cheers
By Pantafernando 2014-06-05 11:36:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Ricker said: »
Hi,

I have MNK, WAR, BST, and NIN all at 99. Since returning I have farmed enough sparks to get the ilvl 117 weapons for each of these jobs.

I have unlocked Ukko's Fury, Victory Smite and Blade: Hi, as I have the 90 Emp for these jobs. I realise I need to get ilvl 119 weapons and armour. Will I be able to join delve ( or other event, not even sure where to start) with just the eminent weapons and my old gear? Or will I have to be levelling WHM or BRD to get gear for these jobs?

Cheers

Sorry, but i will be very honest instead giving you false hopes. You wont join delve with eminent gear unless you:

1. Form your own party (and will have some problems with sone bitching of the others members);

2. Have help of friends in ls.

Im not saying that eminent cant win delve. Ofc, eminent is way more than enough to win any old delve. But eminent is too weak to win over those narrow minded guys.

Yesterday in ls i saw a comical situation, where the guy wanting to host a morimar delve asked some mnks, and came up with: "119 MnK, 950+ att, x acc, y pdt". Like, this is how selective some of those people who pug are. I mean, sure its nice all this, and a player must always aim for the best, but still, dude coming to ls filled of eminent mnks, and acting like he didnt give a *** about the others, just want easy win and such...

I even have mnk mules without delve win, but that i 119d with ninzas+2, still pugs refuse him, even he being above average pug mnks.

Tl,dr: even with good gear, you will struggle. Having alternatives jobs will be always a plus, as very often the offer is huge, and this allow some stupids to make some requirements they pulled out of their ***. If you want a ilv119 gear, skirmish will be a very good way to go, or jse weapons.
[+]
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2014-06-05 15:18:09
Link | Citer | R

Once I complete the Nation specific missions for WotG, can I switch Nations, and begin those missions, while continuing with the non-nation missions that are after the nation specific missions?
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-05 15:40:09
Link | Citer | R

Hi,

Cheers

Sorry, but i will be very honest instead giving you false hopes. You wont join delve with eminent gear unless you:

1. Form your own party (and will have some problems with sone bitching of the others members);

Im not saying that eminent cant win delve. Ofc, eminent is way more than enough to win any old delve. But eminent is too weak to win over those narrow minded guys.

Yesterday in ls i saw a comical situation, where the guy wanting to host a morimar delve asked some mnks, and came up with: "119 MnK, 950+ att, x acc, y pdt". Like, this is how selective some of those people who pug are. I mean, sure its nice all this, and a player must always aim for the best, but still, dude coming to ls filled of eminent mnks, and acting like he didnt give a *** about the others, just want easy win and such...

There's a reason why ppl are selective. Tojil PUG win rate on my server is less than 50%.(But my server is notorious for fail PUG) Some pt couldn't even get past 50% of tojil after 8 min with 3 MNK. Some 119 DD's output is just downright terrible that having a 117 DD in pt just makes things worse.

Can you win with Eminent weapon? Absolutely. But the weaker your MNK is the more dmg the other 2 MNK has to do. With such a low win rate from PUG you can't really blame the leader for not trusting your 117 MNK.

The best way is to make your own party or make friends. I never understand why making pt requirement = narrow minded leader. All leader has right to setup a run however they want. I setup pt requirement all the time because I want to eliminate chance to fail as much as possible so I don't waste ppl's time. If you don't like it go make your own pt.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-05 16:57:15
Link | Citer | R

Hi,

Cheers

There's a reason why ppl are selective. Tojil PUG win rate on my server is less than 50%.(But my server is notorious for fail PUG) Some pt couldn't even get past 50% of tojil after 8 min with 3 MNK. Some 119 DD's output is just downright terrible that having a 117 DD in pt just makes things worse.

Can you win with Eminent weapon? Absolutely. But the weaker your MNK is the more dmg the other 2 MNK has to do. With such a low win rate from PUG you can't really blame the leader for not trusting your 117 MNK.

The best way is to make your own party or make friends. I never understand why making pt requirement = narrow minded leader. All leader has right to setup a run however they want. I setup pt requirement all the time because I want to eliminate chance to fail as much as possible so I don't waste ppl's time. If you don't like it go make your own pt.

I was talking from a player POV like the op is, a players who will join a pug instead from a pug leader POV like youre doing. You have your logic, ofc, none can say youre doing wrong by choosing the best way to win, and that why i argumented, if the op wants to be sucessful in delve, should level another jobs, because there are people like yourself who will, correctly, select the best.

I say narrow minded, because selecting a 119 instead 117, though ofc obvious (i would never say i would do the oposite for a pug, but would do forever for a LS member) isnt based in performance. Answer me: do you really believe its MNKs dmg output what will make you fail or no in battle? Maybe its the BRD not being able to dispel tojil spikes/defense boost? Maybe is the WHM that is slow on cures? Maybe is the BRD/WHM not having the initiative to dia or para NMs? Maybe its the SCH that lose stuns? Maybe because MNKs dont have PDT set when Lahar lands? Maybe because leader dont have a single clue how to pull tojil and end pulling the entire zone to the tunnel? Maybe because BRD dont have the initiative to sleep adds when tojil is there? Maybe because MNKs waste soulvoice songs dealing with adds?
Maybe because MNKs dont have enough experience? Probably.
Maybe because MNKs dont have enough dmg? Unlikely.

Again, youre totally correct and right to select well your member, after all, youre a smart person, you have a whole lot of server MNK to choose, why not choose? BUT youre wrong in argumenting the MNKs strength will increase/reduce your chance of winning.
 Sylph.Limlight
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Limlight 2014-06-05 18:23:53
Link | Citer | R

can the mog kupon i-seal purchased with login points be sent from that mule to my main on the same acc.?

same question with the limbus upgrade items.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-05 18:45:49
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Limlight said: »
can the mog kupon i-seal purchased with login points be sent from that mule to my main on the same acc.?

same question with the limbus upgrade items.

Just tested kupons, no, they cant be send to same account.
Yes for limbus upgrade.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2014-06-05 18:59:58
Link | Citer | R

Again, youre totally correct and right to select well your member, after all, youre a smart person, you have a whole lot of server MNK to choose, why not choose? BUT youre wrong in argumenting the MNKs strength will increase/reduce your chance of winning.

Actually it will, just like BRD WHM SCH's performance will affect the chance of winning, MNK/DD's performance will affect the chance of winning too. There are several ways to affect the chance of winning and losing.

1) Spent a long time on Tojil, and hits stun wall. You can argue that you can still win with stun wall, but the chance of losing is much higher, without doubt.

2) One of your DD died on Tojil or pull/adds, weakened for 5 min, and the other 2 DD has to carry his weight.

In this case, if 2 other DD isn't strong enough you'd hit stun wall too.

3) Your WHM BRD is gimp, your DD has no DT- set, spending too long on Tojil = ppl run out of MP. Or the chance of something *** up gets higher.

You think the strength of DD does not affect the win rate, is probably because you place the blame on support jobs. But in a team everyone has the responsibility. If BRD WHM SCH being top notch is required, it isn't unreasonable/narrow minded to setup some standard for the DD too. And with better DD, your team will have much more room for error that you can still win if 1~2 person die or WHM BRD SCH gimp.
By Pantafernando 2014-06-05 19:22:36
Link | Citer | R

Actually it will, just like BRD WHM SCH's performance will affect the chance of winning, MNK/DD's performance will affect the chance of winning too. There are several ways to affect the chance of winning and losing.

1) Spent a long time on Tojil, and hits stun wall. You can argue that you can still win with stun wall, but the chance of losing is much higher, without doubt.

2) One of your DD died on Tojil or pull/adds, weakened for 5 min, and the other 2 DD has to carry his weight.

In this case, if 2 other DD isn't strong enough you'd hit stun wall too.

3) Your WHM BRD is gimp, your DD has no DT- set, spending too long on Tojil = ppl run out of MP. Or the chance of something *** up gets higher.

You think the strength of DD does not affect the win rate, is probably because you place the blame on support jobs. But in a team everyone has the responsibility. If BRD WHM SCH being top notch is required, it isn't unreasonable/narrow minded to setup some standard for the DD too. And with better DD, your team will have much more room for error that you can still win if 1~2 person die or WHM BRD SCH gimp.

I dont think the diference of strenght of an ilv117 and 119 will make a run that is supose to win, fail, or a run that is supose to fail, win.
By Ravenn42 2014-06-05 23:13:34
Link | Citer | R

New log in campaign shows that you can buy testimony for 200. Now I can't see why In The World they would do that now unless they have something planned.... does anyone know what?
 Siren.Finality
Serveur: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2014-06-06 03:22:48
Link | Citer | R

Guildwork keeps forcing me into a linkshell I no longer have any more. I keep deleting it and updating my current linkshell and it keeps putting me back in the old one + my current LS. Also, guildwork has stopped updating my items list since this problem started.

Q. How do I permanently remove myself from an LS on guildwork.
 Phoenix.Gameesh
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Gameesh
By Phoenix.Gameesh 2014-06-06 04:08:11
Link | Citer | R

Ravenn42 said: »
New log in campaign shows that you can buy testimony for 200. Now I can't see why In The World they would do that now unless they have something planned.... does anyone know what?

Not really. The testimonies are all pretty easy to get (minus the THF one, if you're unlucky). But I guess for people starting out and on their first G5 it's a nice boost.
First Page 2 3 ... 276 277 278 ... 860 861 862