Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 212 213 214 ... 861 862 863
By Angelon 2013-07-24 08:04:54
Link | Citer | R

Considering i would like to make the best of my BLM, RDM and SCH, would it be wiser to do the MATK Path for the bokwus robe, or the MACC path? Also considering i'm mostly interested in soloing / low man stuff.

Thanks guys !
 Odin.Sawtelle
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: tooheyv
By Odin.Sawtelle 2013-07-25 04:40:57
Link | Citer | R

is there a random low lvl trial character chilling in behemoth's dominion on any other servers?

Angelon said: »
Considering i would like to make the best of my BLM, RDM and SCH, would it be wiser to do the MATK Path for the bokwus robe, or the MACC path? Also considering i'm mostly interested in soloing / low man stuff.

Thanks guys !
Mab

Bahamut.Cloudxx said: »
Are Manibozho boots good for mnk,thf,pup, blu? I just want to know that I didn't waste my plasm on a worthless piece of gear.
I use them for mnk and thf, probably have potential for the other 2 jobs also.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-25 10:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know how the Wildskeeper KI discount works yet? They added 'Advisor' as the latest rank in the coalitions so just wondering if this new rank makes a difference, or if you only have to reach 'Partner' in a coalition for the 5k discount? I was also thinking of the possibility that 4 ranks anywhere (for example, Disciple in 2 different coalitions would be a total of 4 rank ups) would reduce it by 5k, but that would probably be too easy.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-25 12:52:02
Link | Citer | R

It's related to Adoulin fame *and* number of imprimaturs spent, not direct ranks achieved.

Anyone knows, even vaguely, whether ionis bonus or Artisan advantage is better for craft skillups?
 Bismarck.Franzrobot
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Quantum
By Bismarck.Franzrobot 2013-07-25 13:05:44
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Anyone knows, even vaguely, whether ionis bonus or Artisan advantage is better for craft skillups?

I remember from when testing was more common on Artisan Advantage that the general consensus was that it only affected the loss of materials when you fail a synth.
[+]
 Bismarck.Altar
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2013-07-25 13:09:39
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Anyone know how the Wildskeeper KI discount works yet? They added 'Advisor' as the latest rank in the coalitions so just wondering if this new rank makes a difference, or if you only have to reach 'Partner' in a coalition for the 5k discount? I was also thinking of the possibility that 4 ranks anywhere (for example, Disciple in 2 different coalitions would be a total of 4 rank ups) would reduce it by 5k, but that would probably be too easy.
You only need contributor to get the discount. The rank 4 thing came about when we used to call the base rank "Rank 1". Now that it's (apparently) called "Rank 0", Contributor is Rank 3.
The disciple thing doesn't work.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-25 13:16:39
Link | Citer | R

You sure? I was Fame rank 5 and didn't see any drop to 45k until I was a 'Partner'.

Also, how many hot springs are there for this Geothermal Expedition quest and how does it work lol? I'm just basically going to a hot spring and spamming the confirm button until I get a report then moving to another spring and doing the same thing. I've gotten report 1 and 2 so far.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-25 13:20:04
Link | Citer | R

I've gotten a discount in-between coalition ranks. It's what Seha said.
 Bahamut.Bojack
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-26 09:16:15
Link | Citer | R

Does the Skill+ stat on those new weapons also add Accuracy, or only Attack? I know it doesn't get reflected in your Combat Skill list so just wondering.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-07-26 09:25:52
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone help me with Blinkmenot? I can't seem to get it to work right anymore, currently I'm using the default settings

But DD`s still blink during combat and it's difficult to keep them alive when they're constantly switching.

If anyone knows of a working setup it would be appreciated.
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-07-26 09:36:13
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Does the Skill+ stat on those new weapons also add Accuracy, or only Attack? I know it doesn't get reflected in your Combat Skill list so just wondering.
Accuracy too.
 Asura.Ackeronll
user: Ackeron
By Asura.Ackeronll 2013-07-26 23:08:08
Link | Citer | R

Enuyasha said: »
Have we figured out where the Bronze mattock cordon and the Bronze shovel cordon come from yet?

I want my increased imp. storage and decreased refresh time like naow :|
I would like to know this too if anyone has an answer.
 Shiva.Devrom
Serveur: Shiva
user: Devrom
By Shiva.Devrom 2013-07-28 02:55:12
Link | Citer | R

time to clean up the mess in my storage~ is there any use for whirlwind dirs, triplus dagger, ace's mail, loki's kaftan, lolporthos byrnie anymore? thanks.
 Bismarck.Davorin
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-07-28 03:36:34
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Devrom said: »
time to clean up the mess in my storage~ is there any use for whirlwind dirs, triplus dagger, ace's mail, loki's kaftan, lolporthos byrnie anymore? thanks.

Not sure what everything else you have looks like, but I'll bet that it goes: no, no, no, maybe, and no.
By Tidusfromten 2013-07-28 11:36:07
Link | Citer | R

With the new updates to INT, is Orvail Robe better than Yhel Jacket now?, or should i sell my Yhel Jacket while i can still make some money back and get a Orvail robe for BLM?
 Asura.Yomisha
user: Yomisha
By Asura.Yomisha 2013-07-28 12:16:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Can anyone help me with Blinkmenot? I can't seem to get it to work right anymore, currently I'm using the default settings

But DD`s still blink during combat and it's difficult to keep them alive when they're constantly switching.

If anyone knows of a working setup it would be appreciated.
This is what I have and it works fine~

Really your settings should work. Make sure it's updated, etc. But these should work fine if you don't mind the always filters I have.
 Bahamut.Savannahlynn
user: Savannah
By Bahamut.Savannahlynn 2013-07-28 12:51:03
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone else had an issue starting Vegetable Vegetable Evolution quest...?

I completed Revolution, but the door just says it's bolted shut.

EDIT: My fame is rank 5.
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-28 18:26:11
Link | Citer | R

Which page on magic affinity is correct? (If either?)

Ffxi Wiki or Bg wiki?.

Bg wiki numbers are way off what I was always told to be true..
 Bismarck.Desudro
user: Desudro
By Bismarck.Desudro 2013-07-29 13:16:59
Link | Citer | R

I need to settle down and choose a job to focus on. At this point, I'm not overly picky lol. I've got BLM and BLU geared decently well. My DRG is also 99...but about as useless as the day is long. My SAM and WAR are also in the 60s, which I'm unopposed to leveling.

So, what would you all choose? I want to be as effective as I can and don't mind working for stuff, so thoughts and opinions?
By starfish 2013-07-29 13:34:14
Link | Citer | R

hello all, i am lvling my white mage healing magic, got some decent skill up from 290 to 350 on undead in aby ( took around 5 hours ), but after 350 there is no more skill up ( or very infrequent ) even with skill up food.

any ideas where i can skill up healing magic till the cap?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-07-29 13:37:38
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Desudro said: »
I need to settle down and choose a job to focus on. At this point, I'm not overly picky lol. I've got BLM and BLU geared decently well. My DRG is also 99...but about as useless as the day is long. My SAM and WAR are also in the 60s, which I'm unopposed to leveling.

So, what would you all choose? I want to be as effective as I can and don't mind working for stuff, so thoughts and opinions?
Drg is actually the most useful of the three since it's one of the key jobs currently used in the endgame strategies.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Desudro
user: Desudro
By Bismarck.Desudro 2013-07-29 13:49:56
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »

Drg is actually the most useful of the three since it's one of the key jobs currently used in the endgame strategies.

Seriously?! Decision made, then! Pimp time go go!
By starfish 2013-07-29 13:51:03
Link | Citer | R

I think blue mage is usefull for many things, like those Big NM fights ( love absolute terror ) and farming aby. for a 2nd job , I recomend you level another mage job that you may enjoy. while those Heavvy DD jobs that you mentioned are fun, your LS maybe full of them and you may want to support your LS or friends with a mage job sometimes. Dragoon is a solid DD job, but like the other jobs it is highly gear dependant. I find Warrior to be nice because of access to many weapons , covering procs etc, but in the expansion i havent seen any use of procing yet. I say if you like dragoon then stick with it, also I noticed some alliances like to look for dragoon with 5/5 anagon. additianly the solo capability of dragoon is intresting i haven't tried myself but i have been told it id decent.

Other jobs to consider BST and PUP.... I have BST lvled and it comes handy sometimes when u need to make some gill in dynamis or kill a NM that u cant normally solo. PUP i recommend if you like to punch thing in face and also have a powerfull pet you use.

BRD Is highly demanded now like the old Days, with the introduction of hard content. but i fear singing may become boring after a while, the same i would say about my WHM. I Used to get boared when i play on WHM, but actually when i started to build better gear for it, eventually it became a more enjoyable job.

Id recomend asking your LS also what jobs they need etc.. good luck !
By starfish 2013-07-29 13:52:21
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
starfish said: »
hello all, i am lvling my white mage healing magic, got some decent skill up from 290 to 350 on undead in aby ( took around 5 hours ), but after 350 there is no more skill up ( or very infrequent ) even with skill up food.

any ideas where i can skill up healing magic till the cap?
Casting cures on yourself will cap skill if you're persistant, or you could cast cures on lvl 100 ghosts in feiyan. Right when you warp there using the lower jeuno final limit break warping npc, he puts you like 40 yalms away from 3 of them.
thanx! that is what i was looking for ;) i will give it a try lol
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-07-29 17:09:12
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Odin.Calipso said: »
Which page on magic affinity is correct? (If either?)

Ffxi Wiki or Bg wiki?.

Bg wiki numbers are way off what I was always told to be true..
They are both correct and I've nuked testing them plenty. Maybe you're looking at a different part of the formula like chatoyant would be?

it doesn't function the same way as magian staves

Quote:
Note when using atmas within Abyssea: Staves upgraded through the Trial of the Magians quests are calculated differently to the level 51 staves. Magic affinity on magian staves is added and not multiplied to any elemental damage+ atmas. For example using Varuna's Staff +2 and Atma of the Beyond will result in a total of +60% to all ice spells (+30% from Atma and +30% from staff). Using Aquilo's Staff and Atma of the Beyond will result in a total of +49.5% to ice spells (100%+30% from Atma)x15% from staff.

The magic accuracy numbers on both pages are wildy different. One lists Max Magian staff being at 70 macc, the other says it's only 35. Sorry, guess I should have specified that was what I was looking for/at.
 Leviathan.Dragonlord
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dragonlord 2013-07-29 22:32:08
Link | Citer | R

Been working on sch recently. Gearing and macroing. I use windower script macros to gear swap. I'm trying to figure out ways to macro in SCH's equips like AF3+2 hands that augment perpetuation.

The problem is this, the equip must be on during the cast to take effect. In all of my spell macros i put my fast cast set as precast. Any ideas how i can macro these JA augmenting equips in the macroing method i currently use?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-29 23:50:05
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dragonlord said: »
Been working on sch recently. Gearing and macroing. I use windower script macros to gear swap. I'm trying to figure out ways to macro in SCH's equips like AF3+2 hands that augment perpetuation.

The problem is this, the equip must be on during the cast to take effect. In all of my spell macros i put my fast cast set as precast. Any ideas how i can macro these JA augmenting equips in the macroing method i currently use?

Using scripts makes it far more complicated but... Technically you could have variable even with scripts.

Back in the day prior to my spellcast days I had a script for movement speed due to dusk gear. I made a bind for ctrl+G that would bind "G1oves". Then I aliased G1oves to a txt file called fastmove.txt.

Inside fastmove it would equip my movement speed and replace my dusk gear with another pair of gloves. And at the end it would re-alias G1oves to a new text file. Slowmove.txt. Which would put on my tp gear and dusk and at the end of it, would alias it back to fastmove. Creating a basic toggle.

But... it's cumbersome and difficult to change when you need to. So really, if you can go for spellcast and take advantage of a single line that can lock in your hands for any spell where perpetuance is active.
First Page 2 3 ... 212 213 214 ... 861 862 863