Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 861 862 863
 Cerberus.Kylos
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Kylos
By Cerberus.Kylos 2013-07-19 16:18:28
Link | Citer | R

Is Falcorr still the best pet for Dynamis (using Brethren Axe)?
By starfish 2013-07-19 16:37:05
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Kvazz said: »
When it comes to those files, you don't do "input /wait 1", you just type "wait 1"
You can even do "wait 0.5" and so on.

0.5 nice ;) i always wanted that lol
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-07-19 16:39:08
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Are there enough quests in Adoulin to get to level 9 fame? I don't think I saw any repeatable ones so it doesn't seem like it, or do Coalition assignments count towards fame too?

A Good Pair of Crocs is listed as repeatable. Haven't tried it though. Good when you are spamming Marj Ravine Reives and only getting Velk Necklaces and Masks, and not the capes you want
By Kerbouchard 2013-07-19 17:27:23
Link | Citer | R

Just returned to the game in June, trying to get back into the swing of things, but I cannot get the Gobbiebag VII quest (60-65 slots). All the goblin wants to do is ask me about cavernous maws. I have what is listed as level 9 fame in Jeuno according to Mendi. So what am I missing here? This is getting annoying.
By Alpheus 2013-07-19 18:01:35
Link | Citer | R

Have you tried trading the items regardless? Shot in the dark ><; sorry
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2013-07-19 22:18:15
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Mtmoogle said: »
Is there a list of monster levels and evasion? Does FFXI calculator 4.24 calculate ws dmg aslo? I can't seem to find it.
 Asura.Dragomair
Serveur: Asura
user: dragomair
By Asura.Dragomair 2013-07-19 22:41:45
Link | Citer | R

Talk to him > Say you have seen the maws. > Talk to him again > He'll ask for the items.
By starfish 2013-07-19 23:28:31
Link | Citer | R

Kerbouchard said: »
Just returned to the game in June, trying to get back into the swing of things, but I cannot get the Gobbiebag VII quest (60-65 slots). All the goblin wants to do is ask me about cavernous maws. I have what is listed as level 9 fame in Jeuno according to Mendi. So what am I missing here? This is getting annoying.
you sure you got the correct fame reqiored for it? double check wiki
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-20 07:09:35
Link | Citer | R

does pop'd kings still enrage?
 Sylph.Mirvana
Serveur: Sylph
user: Mirvana
By Sylph.Mirvana 2013-07-20 07:12:06
Link | Citer | R

Yes, but you're doing something very wrong if they're alive long enough to do so these days.
 Asura.Aikchan
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-07-20 07:26:39
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Mirvana said: »
Yes, but you're doing something very wrong if they're alive long enough to do so these days.
nah.. asking coz a thf naked autoattaking it w/ tk... -_-
 Shiva.Trixan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-07-20 18:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Can someone direct me towards an up to date tp set and ws set for mnk? I read jinjo's guide but it said it was a bit out of date. Can someone also tell me what usukane pieces are good including the sub versions? Thanks alot on advance!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-20 18:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Sets depend on your buffs, target, and much else. If you want to be a competitive DD, you're going to have to learn a little common sense to assemble multiple builds. A set someone makes for you is unlikely to be ideal for the event and buffs you have in mind. Try getting motenten's spreadsheets and comparing the gear you have available to you.
[+]
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-07-20 19:14:27
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aikchan said: »
Sylph.Mirvana said: »
nah.. asking coz a thf naked autoattaking it w/ tk... -_-
Don't be that guy :(
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-20 19:21:43
Link | Citer | R

Pretty sure he's watching that guy and hoping it rages on them.
 Bahamut.Fistandantilus
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Fistandantilus 2013-07-20 21:38:54
Link | Citer | R

I've been away from the game for several months now. I had several hundred silver mirrors/riftsands collecting dust in my mog locker. Those pretty much worthless now considering the new weapons must put magian trial ones to shame?
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-21 10:28:44
Link | Citer | R

Anyone now if being Rank 5 (Advisor) in each Coalition matters, or do you only have to get them to Rank 4 to decrease the cost of Wildskeeper KIs?
By starfish 2013-07-21 12:59:49
Link | Citer | R

for magitian trial 838, do i need to be wearing the trial staff to trade the bottled pixxie to the fay spring?
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-07-22 13:08:05
Link | Citer | R

I bet this is in here - or somewhere - but I can't find it. I remember from the past update, that the skill+ stuff made a bunch of people through a fit. But then, "word" got out that it's not the same as what we think it says, and it seems like people settled down.

But lately, I've been seeing a lot of people treating it as if it's the same as it always was, and I'm not sure which way is up anymore. So, aside from the "doesn't apply to offhand" part, what's the deal?

Thanks.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-07-22 13:19:21
Link | Citer | R

starfish said: »
for magitian trial 838, do i need to be wearing the trial staff to trade the bottled pixxie to the fay spring?

no
 Bismarck.Davorin
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Davorin
By Bismarck.Davorin 2013-07-22 13:24:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
I bet this is in here - or somewhere - but I can't find it. I remember from the past update, that the skill+ stuff made a bunch of people through a fit. But then, "word" got out that it's not the same as what we think it says, and it seems like people settled down.

But lately, I've been seeing a lot of people treating it as if it's the same as it always was, and I'm not sure which way is up anymore. So, aside from the "doesn't apply to offhand" part, what's the deal?

Thanks.

Addition of items increasing combat skill strength
Some weapons that have displayed item levels have the effect of increasing combat skill strength.

This increase in combat skill strength differs from the effects of attributes such as "Sword skill +X," and are calculated independently for main and sub weapons.
* At present, this increase is added only for a specific subset of equipment. Other equipment will be made compatible with this functionality once the August version update is implemented. (Added on July 19th, 2013)
* This functionality will not be reflected in the combat skill section of the status screen.
* For the hand-to-hand skill, values have been set with consideration given the fact that damage values increase as the skill increases.

forum.square-enix.com
[+]
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2013-07-22 13:35:05
Link | Citer | R

That's what I thought but other than the number won't show up in the combat skill menu, and it's separate for main and offhand, I don't know what the "functionality" is. :\ Maybe I just need a nap.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-22 13:40:58
Link | Citer | R

It grants the full accuracy and attack. It just doesn't work for offhand or show in the skill menu. They're (possibly?) dropping 40 base damage off oatixur, and claiming it's to offset the 20 it gains from h2h skill, that's whats on the test server anyway.
[+]
 Bahamut.Arioch
By Bahamut.Arioch 2013-07-22 17:16:15
Link | Citer | R

BGwiki has this confusion description about Dread-Spikes: "Drains a maximum of 50% of your max HP without enhancing equipment."

Does this mean that HP+ gear doesn't help?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-07-23 00:17:58
Link | Citer | R

Are gear still guaranteed from wildskeepers? Just did a 4 minute Colkhab and one of my mules got 0 drops whatsoever. Mule was in the bc the whole time, threw a few stuns and an embrava. Got 2250 bayld at the end, but 0 drops. We pulled at 99%.

I realize Colkhab drops are trash, just curious if anyone has experience. Don't want to facefuck the new ones and screw myself out of a club.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-07-23 00:23:33
Link | Citer | R

You can get nothing if the game gives you a piece of gear you already possess. There's also a participation threshold you need to reach for drops.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2013-07-23 16:33:28
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Arioch said: »
BGwiki has this confusion description about Dread-Spikes: "Drains a maximum of 50% of your max HP without enhancing equipment."

Does this mean that HP+ gear doesn't help?

It's referring to gear that enhances Dread Spikes (i.e. Bale Cuirass). HP+ gear counts.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-07-23 16:55:20
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
Are gear still guaranteed from wildskeepers? Just did a 4 minute Colkhab and one of my mules got 0 drops whatsoever. Mule was in the bc the whole time, threw a few stuns and an embrava. Got 2250 bayld at the end, but 0 drops. We pulled at 99%.

I realize Colkhab drops are trash, just curious if anyone has experience. Don't want to facefuck the new ones and screw myself out of a club.
It's really easy to hit the threshold by just tossing out some cures. My alt's whm, sch or brd always beat me on cor for points by just curing a few people occasionally and keeping up buffs.

I did a Colkhab run last night and I entered at 20% and thought I was screwed but I stood on it, took as much damage as I could and had both chars cure each other and anyone else I could and managed to net gear on both chars out of it despite being a 7 min fight.
By Enuyasha 2013-07-23 17:25:00
Link | Citer | R

Have we figured out where the Bronze mattock cordon and the Bronze shovel cordon come from yet?

I want my increased imp. storage and decreased refresh time like naow :|
 Bahamut.Cloudxx
user: avengerx
By Bahamut.Cloudxx 2013-07-23 19:03:24
Link | Citer | R

Are Manibozho boots good for mnk,thf,pup, blu? I just want to know that I didn't waste my plasm on a worthless piece of gear.
First Page 2 3 ... 211 212 213 ... 861 862 863