Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 210 211 212 ... 861 862 863

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Odin.Darkhelmet
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Darkhelmet 2013-07-17 20:29:51
Link | Citer | R

So I just resubscribed yesterday, I had taken a break right before SoA came out. I started the cutscenes, and have now arrived in Adoulin, and I stand here wondering....where do I begin? I hear about skirmishes, delve, among other things, and instead of trying to take it all in at once, where should I start for some sort of progression?

Any help would be appreciated.
 Shiva.Jirachi
Serveur: Shiva
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-07-17 20:37:55
Link | Citer | R

I enjoy being with my NPC, but i can't call her in Ceizak Battlegrounds, anyone know if SE will allow NPCs to be called here any time soon?
It would be nice to be able to call her in an area where monsters are lv100+
 Shiva.Spathaian
user: Spathaian
By Shiva.Spathaian 2013-07-17 20:43:18
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Jirachi said: »
I enjoy being with my NPC, but i can't call her in Ceizak Battlegrounds, anyone know if SE will allow NPCs to be called here any time soon?
I haven't heard any plans for it yet but now that I think about it... I wonder if it will be harder to implement them in the new areas because of the ability to randomly join reives at any time.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-07-17 20:44:42
Link | Citer | R

I thought they were working on this, and that's why they raised the NPC level cap.
 Shiva.Jirachi
user: jirachi
By Shiva.Jirachi 2013-07-17 20:48:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Spathaian said: »
I haven't heard any plans for it yet but now that I think about it... I wonder if it will be harder to implement them in the new areas because of the ability to randomly join reives at any time.

Yeah Random reives ftl, Everyone will fight over the mandies right outside lol.

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I thought they were working on this, and that's why they raised the NPC level cap.

Alright thanks, i will look forward to working my NPC toward level 99!
 Siren.Finality
Serveur: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-07-18 16:49:40
Link | Citer | R

I'm a little confused on the wording of BGwikis Coalition Assignments "Personal Standing".
When trying to rank up, is it better to use 3 imprimaturs x 5 or 1 imprimatur x 15?
Thanks in advance.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
Serveur: Caitsith
user: Trebold
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-07-18 16:50:15
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone mathed out magic evasion? I felt that it helped with stopping enfeebling spells from landing on you, but does it also help with "dodging" nukes to the degree that you take less damage more often?

Does magic evasion help you resist nukes more often, and how does it compare to the less "chancy", more concrete MDB values?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-07-18 17:04:43
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Finality said: »
I'm a little confused on the wording of BGwikis Coalition Assignments "Personal Standing".
When trying to rank up, is it better to use 3 imprimaturs x 5 or 1 imprimatur x 15?
Thanks in advance.
Doesn't matter.

It only effects the amount of bayld/exp you get.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Finality
Serveur: Siren
user: Finality
By Siren.Finality 2013-07-18 17:08:07
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Siren.Finality said: »
Thanks in advance.
Doesn't matter.

It only effects the amount of bayld/exp you get.

Thank you.
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-07-18 17:49:41
Link | Citer | R

Can someone tell me how to prevent Windower 4 from changing my FFXI Config to full screen?

I've been logging in without Windower for the login points so I don't crash while going through my 25 characters. But every time I open FFXI after using Windower, it changes it back to full screen and then I rage when it crashes any windower windows I currently have open.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-07-18 17:57:47
Link | Citer | R

Eh. Do you use default profile or have other profiles created that you use for this?
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-07-18 17:59:53
Link | Citer | R

Default. Only thing I changed was resolution.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2013-07-18 18:11:21
Link | Citer | R

Try making a new profile with new resolution settings and using that one to login. Note that add-ons and plugins would still apply for that profile that you set.
 Shiva.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-07-18 19:27:59
Link | Citer | R

Is there anywhere where you can kill leeches in large groups? I'm trying to a staff trial but leeches are always too far apart or too scarce. I tried Oubliette, Highlands, and Shakrami but the pulls are too small or things began to despawn. Any other suggestions?
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-07-18 20:39:57
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Caitsith.Mahayaya said: »
Has anyone mathed out magic evasion? I felt that it helped with stopping enfeebling spells from landing on you, but does it also help with "dodging" nukes to the degree that you take less damage more often?

Does magic evasion help you resist nukes more often, and how does it compare to the less "chancy", more concrete MDB values?
Yes it helps you resist nukes more often but you need such a large amount of it due to most nms having brutal magic accuracy that it's just not practical usually.

Thinking of it for like a RDM Kirin solo mostly. If Baraero and the new magic evasion pieces can push those TP spam moves down into bearable ranges of damage, maybe Kirin can be solo'd with RDM.
 Fenrir.Motenten
VIP
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Motenten
By Fenrir.Motenten 2013-07-18 20:47:42
Link | Citer | R

There's already a YouTube video of a rdm soloing Kirin. That gear would just make it easier.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Caitsith.Mahayaya
By Caitsith.Mahayaya 2013-07-18 20:56:05
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Motenten said: »
There's already a YouTube video of a rdm soloing Kirin. That gear would just make it easier.

Nice! Dang, in the video, that wind based TP move still wrecking him pretty bad. So yeah, like you said should probably make it a bit easier.
By starfish 2013-07-19 03:44:01
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Darkhelmet said: »
So I just resubscribed yesterday, I had taken a break right before SoA came out. I started the cutscenes, and have now arrived in Adoulin, and I stand here wondering....where do I begin? I hear about skirmishes, delve, among other things, and instead of trying to take it all in at once, where should I start for some sort of progression?

Any help would be appreciated.

well there is some soloable quests, but to really enjoy the new content, you will need a decent Linkshell, pick up groups are not that good. there are some things which you can be part of without a LS maybe such as getting revies and some bayld, but for the most part a good LS is where you can get the most things done such as getting KI for new weapons and farming plasma which should be a goood start for you , there is other things to do i guess but i recomend that becase the new weapons and gear will help a lot .
 Bahamut.Bojack
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-07-19 11:42:21
Link | Citer | R

Are there enough quests in Adoulin to get to level 9 fame? I don't think I saw any repeatable ones so it doesn't seem like it, or do Coalition assignments count towards fame too?
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2013-07-19 13:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Is there a list of monster levels and evasion? Does FFXI calculator 4.24 calculate ws dmg aslo? I can't seem to find it.
By starfish 2013-07-19 13:35:24
Link | Citer | R

so i just got windowe 4 installled, i heard u can use it to enhance ur macros (like macro with more than 6 line ), currently i use the ffxi build in one. do i need any additional plug-in or something?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-07-19 13:55:56
Link | Citer | R

You don't need an additional plugin. Save a text file to ../windower4/scripts/gearing.txt

In that text file, write something like:
Code
input /equip head "Optical Hat" <me>;
input /equip neck "Peacock Charm" <me>;
etc.

Go into game and type:
//exec gearing.txt

This will run the script, which will input the equip commands and swap your gear. You can use this to swap as much gear as you want. You can also use it to activate abilities (input /ja "Provoke" <t>), etc.
By starfish 2013-07-19 14:15:53
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Byrth said: »
You don't need an additional plugin. Save a text file to ../windower4/scripts/gearing.txt

In that text file, write something like:
Code
input /equip head "Optical Hat" <me>;
input /equip neck "Peacock Charm" <me>;
etc.

Go into game and type:
//exec gearing.txt

This will run the script, which will input the equip commands and swap your gear. You can use this to swap as much gear as you want. You can also use it to activate abilities (input /ja "Provoke" <t>), etc.
thanks for ur help!

this /exec comand can i put it inside a normal macro for intsance like control-1 etc? and it would execute the text file?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-07-19 14:18:04
Link | Citer | R

I think you need to put:

/console exec gearing.txt

inside macros. And then yeah, it'll work like normal.
By starfish 2013-07-19 14:38:43
Link | Citer | R

sweet ! wow if i were not in the middle of a fracture i would try it right now, this is very usefull ;)
By starfish 2013-07-19 15:57:55
Link | Citer | R

I think you need to put:

inside macros. And then yeah, it'll work like normal.

/equip and /ja seems to be working

but /wait 1 is not.. for instande i wana activate 2 /ja the 2nd says unable to use ..

i put this in the file for /wait :

input /wait 1;

is there a better way?
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-07-19 16:17:21
Link | Citer | R

When it comes to those files, you don't do "input /wait 1", you just type "wait 1"
You can even do "wait 0.5" and so on.
First Page 2 3 ... 210 211 212 ... 861 862 863