Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 203 204 205 ... 861 862 863
By duos 2013-06-10 01:12:58
Link | Citer | R

Best place to skill up @250 ? Tried Mandies in abby but it was too slow
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-10 04:39:30
Link | Citer | R

duos said: »

If you're interested in mobs outside of Abyssea you could try the high level worms in Kuftal Tunnel down by the Pelican NM spawn area. It's past the rock that only moves at certain times.

Or the high level crawlers in the tree.

What level are Delve mobs? Normal ones that is, not the NM`s.

Edit: I recently reinstalled FFXI because PoL decided to break and everything is in working order again except for one thing, no sound. I have sound enabled in both windower and ffxi-config but I don't have any sound other than zone music. It's not a big deal since I`m usually listening to music when I play anyway but does anyone have an idea of why it could be like this?

Sound is enabled in windower/ffxi-config and in-game.
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2013-06-10 05:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
duos said: »

If you're interested in mobs outside of Abyssea you could try the high level worms in Kuftal Tunnel down by the Pelican NM spawn area. It's past the rock that only moves at certain times.

Or the high level crawlers in the tree.

What level are Delve mobs? Normal ones that is, not the NM`s.

Edit: I recently reinstalled FFXI because PoL decided to break and everything is in working order again except for one thing, no sound. I have sound enabled in both windower and ffxi-config but I don't have any sound other than zone music. It's not a big deal since I`m usually listening to music when I play anyway but does anyone have an idea of why it could be like this?

Sound is enabled in windower/ffxi-config and in-game.

Wait, so the game music is working correctly, but sound effects aren't? That's.. odd. I'd double check everything, run a file check, try without Windower and make sure sound is working elsewhere (maybe try another game, perhaps?)

Only thread I could find on it with a real possible solution; http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/12814/no-sounds-effects/
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-10 06:26:50
Link | Citer | R

I went into windower and ffxi-config and turned both settings off then back on again, now its working :/ I think i'm going crazy.

Idk, maybe it was just a wierd glitch.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-10 08:55:41
Link | Citer | R

Where can I get something to run a parse that isn't scoreboard addon? I play on a lower resolution to fit both characters on 1 monitor and the addon takes up like 40% of my screen >.<
 Asura.Hikikomori
By Asura.Hikikomori 2013-06-10 10:25:26
Link | Citer | R

Is there any negative impact on drops in Walk of Echoes for defeating the boss mobs with a Primeval Brew?
 Asura.Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-06-10 11:23:28
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Where can I get something to run a parse that isn't scoreboard addon? I play on a lower resolution to fit both characters on 1 monitor and the addon takes up like 40% of my screen >.<
Could try Kparser, it runs separate from windower so it doesn't display on the screen.
 Bismarck.Snprphnx
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Snprphnx
By Bismarck.Snprphnx 2013-06-10 11:25:12
Link | Citer | R

Could try Kparser, it runs separate from windower so it doesn't display on the screen.

However, if you are running the battlemod addon, Kparser will not be able to work.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-10 14:05:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Snprphnx said: »

However, if you are running the battlemod addon, Kparser will not be able to work.

Im not, and Ill check out Kparser. Thanks
 Asura.Daleterrence
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2013-06-10 16:33:26
Link | Citer | R

I went into windower and ffxi-config and turned both settings off then back on again, now its working :/ I think i'm going crazy.

Idk, maybe it was just a wierd glitch.

Think there might be a leftover Registry entry somewhere from a previous installation that might be messing with stuff, that's just a guess though.
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-06-10 19:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Skirmish -

I've been reading... it looks like a mini delve. Maybe it's just the jobs that I play, but aside from a offhand dagger and maybe a scythe that don't cost 30k plasm... what items are the ones to really take notice on?

I know Crobaci makes an easier x-hit, but not sure the damage reduction makes it a good option or not?
 Shiva.Tumahab
Serveur: Shiva
user: Tumahab
By Shiva.Tumahab 2013-06-10 22:13:23
Link | Citer | R

I've got a kind of odd question, but here goes: Are people always doing Wildskeeper Reives? I'm afraid that my group will get into one of them and have to face it alone. We haven't done the fights yet and losing out on 100k bayld would be disappointing to say the least, so any feedback would be helpful.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-06-10 22:21:14
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Tumahab said: »
I've got a kind of odd question, but here goes: Are people always doing Wildskeeper Reives? I'm afraid that my group will get into one of them and have to face it alone. We haven't done the fights yet and losing out on 100k bayld would be disappointing to say the least, so any feedback would be helpful.
I see shouts all the time of people trying to gather extra. It's far easier if you have a ***ton of people to throw at it. I would probably go as far as to schedule a time in a thread and see if you can get a lot interested.

Many areas are falling in their Col. rate and that makes them much tougher.
 Shiva.Tumahab
Serveur: Shiva
user: Tumahab
By Shiva.Tumahab 2013-06-10 22:28:01
Link | Citer | R

Yeah.;/ I noticed that Ceizak's Colonization rate was falling at an immense rate. It seems like getting access to Delve is going to be harder the longer we wait.lol Thanks anyways for the reply though, it pointed me in the right direction at least.:)
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-11 18:41:29
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone please help walk me through setting up Kparser? Im so lost. I downloaded 1.6.5 and 1.6.5a not sure which to use and everytime I start it, it's blank
By Connavarr 2013-06-11 19:00:17
Link | Citer | R

ACP body have a use for melee WHM, or just go with Bst augs? Maybe SMN or RDM? Just checkin' before I choose mirke over redingote.
By Alpheus 2013-06-11 19:56:17
Link | Citer | R

It seems like getting access to Delve is going to be harder the longer we wait.
*You only need a Wildskeeper Reive win to take an alliance into Delve, its not required to participate.

*You worded as if you were confused though it's possible you meant trying to get access so you can go in with your peeps in a lowman kinda setup or something.

@Ranvar: If you're using battlemod I dont believe Kparser will pick up the data so that may be why it's staying blank. Otherwise in the past when I've run Kparser and told it to start parsing it took like a few seconds before it started reading and parsing the logs.

@Connavar: I wanna say only for the DW augment but I think the best melee body is the Arch Ultima Body w/ Haste+6% (not sure what is feasible given your resources or whatnot) so that could free up the ACP body for pet augments (or COR but you didn't mention it)
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-06-11 20:09:03
Link | Citer | R

Ok so a friend and I quit playing FFXI right before Adoulin was released. We have all the NNI and VW gear (no neo-salvage) would it be difficult to gear DD's and mage jobs or no?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-11 20:31:11
Link | Citer | R

The biggest hurdle is likely going to be getting the Delve NM KIs (need the KI in order to purchase the gear). They do require a certain level of gameplay that many PUG group members seem to lack (to put it nicely).

After you get those KIs, it's just a matter of mindlessly grinding out plasm in order to purchase the gear.
 Bahamut.Baconwrap
Serveur: Bahamut
By Bahamut.Baconwrap 2013-06-11 20:42:19
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
The biggest hurdle is likely going to be getting the Delve NM KIs (need the KI in order to purchase the gear). They do require a certain level of gameplay that many PUG group members seem to lack (to put it nicely).

After you get those KIs, it's just a matter of mindlessly grinding out plasm in order to purchase the gear.

So its on par to VW climb?
By Connavarr 2013-06-11 20:48:41
Link | Citer | R

Alpheus said: »
It seems like getting access to Delve is going to be harder the longer we wait.
*You only need a Wildskeeper Reive win to take an alliance into Delve, its not required to participate.

*You worded as if you were confused though it's possible you meant trying to get access so you can go in with your peeps in a lowman kinda setup or something.

@Ranvar: If you're using battlemod I dont believe Kparser will pick up the data so that may be why it's staying blank. Otherwise in the past when I've run Kparser and told it to start parsing it took like a few seconds before it started reading and parsing the logs.

@Connavar: I wanna say only for the DW augment but I think the
best melee body is the Arch Ultima Body w/ Haste+6% (not sure what is feasible given your resources or whatnot) so that could free up the ACP body for pet augments (or COR but you didn't mention it)

I don't have COR, it's really between BST and melee mage stats really. I TP in hedera's cotehardie, and ws in praeco for hexa, so wondering if the ACP body will be better. I know I *should use it for mirke lol.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-06-11 20:49:03
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Baconwrap said: »
So its on par to VW climb?
Kinda. But minus the safety net of temps and displacers.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-06-12 10:07:55
Link | Citer | R

Alpheus said: »

Not using Battlemod. I did a search to try and find some help setting it up cause I didnt know if I should download the 1.6.5 or 1.6.5a version. Then there was the memloc thing and I didnt know what that was for and if I was putting it in the right spot. Still couldnt get it to work yesterday. I read that I may need to restart my FFXI after install and stuff but I was in the middle of VW stuff so I really couldnt. Should it be that simple though? Just Install lets say 1.6.5 and enter the memloc numbers and run it and it should just pick it up?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-12 10:09:42
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Japanese question!
Anyone knows where does the name of the katana Ikarigiri come from?
I'll bump once just in case someone knows!
By volkom 2013-06-12 10:13:53
Link | Citer | R

Japanese question!
I probably got this wrong. but Karigiri is masterful performance/workmanship

So maybe like masterly crafted katana?
[+]
By duos 2013-06-12 12:12:05
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know if lil mandies in Abby-Misareaux ( Orapodium lvl ±92) can cap your A+ weapon?
 Phoenix.Suji
Serveur: Phoenix
user: suji
By Phoenix.Suji 2013-06-13 02:21:52
Link | Citer | R

You could also reduce the number of players shown to something that fits your resolution better by configuring the 'numPlayers' field in your scoreboard/data/settings.xml file.

Readme
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-06-13 03:11:00
Link | Citer | R

Toggling the visibility off is also a good alternative, you might as well just make it invisible and then check it out at the end of the fight so it doesn't bother you. Personally I have it next to my chatlog since I have that in a kinda compact mode.

Chatlog - Scoreboard - Party info, never bothers me.
 Leviathan.Kincard
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Kincard
By Leviathan.Kincard 2013-06-13 03:30:08
Link | Citer | R

Japanese question!

Ikarigiri is a sword passed down within the Kuroda family. Kuroda Yoshitaka was said to have used this sword to sever an anchor, allowing a boat to set sail, thus the name Ikari (碇, Anchor) Giri (切り, Cut). Alternatively, Kuroda Nagamasa is said to have cut an anchor during battle (I believe because there were enemy forces under it), thus the name.

It was later reforged into a wakizashi, which is probably why it appears as a short sword (1H katana) in XI as opposed to a GKT.
First Page 2 3 ... 203 204 205 ... 861 862 863