Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 199 200 201 ... 861 862 863
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-05-27 16:04:45
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
earrings from the second set, a sturms report or av throwing item, and basically skill > acc > int. it's a set duration so you don't need int to hit a potency cap. just skill to not get any resistance which will shorten it. you might wanna add in some recast if you land them reliably just to make sure you always have one up.

just inqueso.
Just bought the earrings and looking for Aureole now! Thanks, Hevans :D

I'm spamming sleep while people are fighting so potency doesn't matter at all.. which probably means there's a better body than Estq. Sayon +2 I just realized that after reading the bolded.

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Refraction cape should be best in slot for sleep spells.
I had forgot about this piece, thanks you! Just picked it up.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-05-27 16:11:29
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Upbeatglitch said: »

I'm spamming sleep while people are fighting so potency doesn't matter at all.. which probably means there's a better body than Estq. Sayon +2 I just realized that after reading the bolded.

just looked at the body in your set. if you're actually going for durtion that's better, but for what you're suggesting something with some fast cast would be nice. if only i could send you my nebula body +1!

<3
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-27 16:14:11
Link | Citer | R

Duelist's Tabard +2 then? :P
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hevans
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2013-05-27 16:20:19
Link | Citer | R

nah, it's more about a combination of skill/acc/int + fast cast, than just raw fast cast.
 Phoenix.Upbeatglitch
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Upbeat
By Phoenix.Upbeatglitch 2013-05-27 16:22:06
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
just looked at the body in your set. if you're actually going for durtion that's better, but for what you're suggesting something with some fast cast would be nice. if only i could send you my nebula body +1!
<3

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Duelist's Tabard +2 then? :P

Most likely either Iaso Bliaut or Hedera Cotehardie. I use Duelist's Tabard +2 in my precast set. Even if one of the spells misses another will most likely be up. My recast on sleep/sleepII is only 15 seconds with 0 haste from gear, with +26% it drops them down to 11.
 Sylph.Staleyx
Serveur: Sylph
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2013-05-27 16:22:51
Link | Citer | R

With all the new SoA Gear out which pieces of NNI and Salvage v.2 gear are worth getting?
 Shiva.Trixan
Serveur: Shiva
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-05-27 18:29:14
Link | Citer | R

Can anyone tell me exactly the mechanics on how to use daurdabla? Something something there has to be a weaker song or something like that. Also if someone could provide me with a bard spellcast that would be cool :)
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-27 21:56:49
Link | Citer | R

Regarding Ranged Attack - Am a little curious to make sure I have right when things "proc"

PreShot -

Recycle, Snapshot, Rapid Shot

Post Shot -

Store TP, Everything to do with attack/acc,

Mostly just not sure about the Store TP part. I would think it'd be at the end of the shot?
 Lakshmi.Byrth
VIP
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Byrthnoth
By Lakshmi.Byrth 2013-05-27 21:58:06
Link | Citer | R

I'd bet Recycle procs when the shot lands (you're calling it Post-Shot). Otherwise you're right.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-28 07:42:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Trixan said: »
Can anyone tell me exactly the mechanics on how to use daurdabla? Something something there has to be a weaker song or something like that. Also if someone could provide me with a bard spellcast that would be cool :)

Daurdabla's only unique feature is that while equipped it'll let you have 3 songs up rather than two. The mechanics of HOW it overwrites are basically the same. It'll overwrite the song with the least duration remaining and any song sung before a certain time period will have no effect. So basically you use a placeholder song with Daurdabla in order to get the 3rd song up but you cast that song intentionally leaving out all duration enhancing gear so that when you cast another song, it will overwrite the weaker 3rd song with a full potency song.

For basic March March Minuet I buff like this:

If it's up, use N/T Marcato.

Cast Victory March with Gjallarhorn.

Cast Advancing March with Gjallarhorn.

Cast placeholder song with Daurdabla and without Empy +2 body, Empy neck, and any other duration enhancing gear you might have. I usually use Hymnus because it's fast like mazurka but won't wear when you're attacked.

Cast Valor Minuet V with Gjallarhorn.

If you have a 99 Daurdabla, you'll need to repeat the last 2 steps one more time so you can have 4 total songs.

Oh and here's my XML: http://pastebin.com/6LpzhP43
 Shiva.Trixan
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-05-28 08:29:31
Link | Citer | R

Thanks! That makes a lot of sense now. Thanks for the spellcast too~
[+]
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2013-05-28 13:17:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm sure this question has been answered and I feel kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE even asking since I'm sure I know the answer, but being its my first vnm path empyrean and not that familiar with him, does sublimation keep you awake for Maere's nightmare?
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-28 19:40:45
Link | Citer | R

Okay, I feel stupid even asking.
I was looking for the FFXI equipment database site that is just about items & their stats. not KI, old wiki, bg wiki, somepage or here.
I think I saw it posted several times on guildwork anytime there's new items someone posts it again to show it's been updated.
What's the site?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-28 19:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Chimerawizard said: »
Okay, I feel stupid even asking.
I was looking for the FFXI equipment database site that is just about items & their stats. not KI, old wiki, bg wiki, somepage or here.
I think I saw it posted several times on guildwork anytime there's new items someone posts it again to show it's been updated.
What's the site?
myffxigear.kicks-***.org
or
ffxiarmory.com?
[+]
By Chimerawizard 2013-05-28 20:05:37
Link | Citer | R

ffxiarmory.com is what I was trying to find.
thank you.
 Bismarck.Bongarippa
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Bongarippa 2013-05-28 20:27:06
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahkf said: »
Bismarck.Bongarippa said: »
I'm sure this question has been answered and I feel kinda HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE even asking since I'm sure I know the answer, but being its my first vnm path empyrean and not that familiar with him, does sublimation keep you awake for Maere's nightmare?
It's immune to all slip damage; nothing will wake you but direct cures, not regen either

Maere is a joke if you have 3 people 17+ yalms apart to wake each other up when needed but the other two are jokes to duo as long as you use mdt gear

Tidal wave to a prepared thf using no mdt atma - 1750
Tidal wave damage if naked - 5100

Ty for the response. I found it out today firsthand, but yea i prefer maere compared to the other 2. So squishy and not really camped like the other 2. I was doin Oggo but found Maere, besides the nightmare, to be a bit easier. Still was drawin in my mule occasionally 20+ away though even when I clearly had hate.

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Exalius
Serveur: Valefor
user: Exalius
By Valefor.Exalius 2013-05-29 13:59:13
Link | Citer | R

Does anybody in Valefor have a Chococard (M) or male chocobo?

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Aikchan
Serveur: Asura
user: Aikawa
By Asura.Aikchan 2013-05-29 14:33:45
Link | Citer | R

How is ADL Killing rate now?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-29 14:36:20
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Aikchan said: »
How is ADL Killing rate now?
With all DDs using Delve weapons I would imagine it to be slightly higher. I'd like to know for sure as well though
 Sylph.Staleyx
user: Staleyx
By Sylph.Staleyx 2013-05-29 21:00:50
Link | Citer | R

With all the new SoA Gear out which pieces of NNI and Salvage v.2 gear are worth getting?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-29 21:45:07
Link | Citer | R

You may want to be more specific on what job(s) you play.
[+]
By Connavarr 2013-05-31 00:36:42
Link | Citer | R

I've decided to level DRG, currently 56. Naturally I'll be unlocking Drakesbane as soon as I hit 75(I've had the lance for years lol). However, with Delve weapons forcing me to merit Upheaval instead of using Ukko's, I no longer have a 3rd merit option for Stardiver. My question is, with the adjustments SE made to merit ws's, will 1/5 Stardiver be good enough, or will it just equal Drakes? If it's equal to Drakes, I'm not going to waste the merits on it.

Note: I'd obviously use Drakes in Aby, but I need to know for outside things, mainly Adoulin content.
 Shiva.Eboneezer
user: Eboneezer
By Shiva.Eboneezer 2013-05-31 05:10:22
Link | Citer | R

-edit- nevermind. I just got some weird disconnection from server error. No R0 or anything. I guess it just took forever for it to DC me. -/edit-

Question about Brigadine NM in sky. I had a Curtana and traded it to the ??? like i've done a million times before and nothing happened. No game text came up, and the Curtana is gone.

First question is whether or not it doesn't pop it 100% of the time?

2nd question is how I report the error if it is an error.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-05-31 07:29:42
Link | Citer | R

Salvage do all the people wanting to do the run need a pass or only 1 guy.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-05-31 07:30:20
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »
Everyone attending the run needs a salvage pass.
 Sylph.Kawar
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-05-31 07:52:20
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
check the wiki they say you can do it with 3 the guy who uses the pass if he dc the others still go in or something like that is this information outdated and something i should add to the outdated list of things with that wiki.
 Carbuncle.Skulloneix
By Carbuncle.Skulloneix 2013-05-31 07:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Skulloneix said: »
check the wiki they say you can do it with 3 the guy who uses the pass if he dc the others still go in or something like that is this information outdated and something i should add to the outdated list of things with that wiki.
I know from experience that everyone needs a pass to enter, what they are trying to do with the DC is to farm the run without someone else, I believe, and that person does NOT lose their pass, I think. My group of friends never have to do this so, I can't be certain.
First Page 2 3 ... 199 200 201 ... 861 862 863