Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 195 196 197 ... 861 862 863
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-05-16 09:42:25
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Feint said: »
I guess this is more ffxiah related...

If my rank keeps going up and I'm not playing...does that mean people are quiting XD?
Not exactly. It's mainly because LSC is down and thus people whose subscription expired at some point aren't able to get back in the ranking despite having reactivated.

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
Wondering which to get
If you don't define for which job you can't be given a priority order.
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-05-16 09:49:35
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Kawar said: »
What is the best way to get Stones of Ardor.I looked up one monster but have no clue how to get to him,his name is Empousa.
Where the gears are you can run down the ledge in the direction he is...

The Cerberus mob in altep is probably your better bet though.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-16 09:52:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kuroganashi said: »
So been wondering which +3 to get for now, til we do FLOOR 100 x4 ^^; (and hopefully win >.>;;; )

If you currently dont have Thaumas Body I would go with Body +3 personally.
 Sylph.Kawar
Serveur: Sylph
user: Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-05-16 10:16:04
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
What is the best way to get Stones of Ardor.I looked up one monster but have no clue how to get to him,his name is Empousa.
Where the gears are you can run down the ledge in the direction he is...

The Cerberus mob in altep is probably your better bet though.
How hard is it to get his Key Items?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-05-16 11:21:27
Link | Citer | R

what pos are the Dune Cockatrice in Abyssea - Altepa?
 Sylph.Kawar
By Sylph.Kawar 2013-05-16 11:22:50
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahfk said: »
Empousa isn't too bad, free roaming and much easier to farm. Soloable by a few jobs but easy to duo with a whm for stone drops even without yellow proc. He's not camped anymore just head to flux 8 Kawar and check out his wiki page to see his damage absorptions
Thanks i will do that when i am done with my hands seals seeing as i was reading the wrong information before i was 1 step a head of what i needed but i am going to take the easy things out before i move to the painfull body trials.
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-05-16 17:44:53
Link | Citer | R

I'm not too familiar with spellcast scripting, and not sure if I should ask this here or the spellcast subforum. Somewhat of a small request at least.

Using Elvaanmoq's spellcast for WHM here and I'm trying to figure out how to make a separate set for Curagas for -enmity reasons. Tried doing it myself and it borked. Also trying to add a set for Aquaveil just for Emphatikos Rope. What should I add to the code for these?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-16 18:01:53
Link | Citer | R

what pos are the Dune Cockatrice in Abyssea - Altepa?
H-8 area (NE of flux #4)
By Solrain 2013-05-16 18:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Using Elvaanmoq's spellcast for WHM here and I'm trying to figure out how to make a separate set for Curagas for -enmity reasons. Tried doing it myself and it borked. Also trying to add a set for Aquaveil just for Emphatikos Rope. What should I add to the code for these?

Make a set called "CURAGA" (modeled after the "CURE" set, with whatever differences you'd like) and then change this:
Code
<if Skill="HealingMagic">
<if spell="cure*|cura*">
    <equip when="precast" set="CURETIME" />
    <equip when="midcast" set="CURE" />
</if>
<elseif spell="*na">
    <equip when="precast" set="NA" />
</elseif>
<else>
    <equip when="precast" set="HEALING" />
</else>
</if>

To this:
Code
<if Skill="HealingMagic">
<if spell="cure*">
    <equip when="midcast" set="CURE" />
</if>
<elseif spell="cura*">
    <equip when="midcast" set="CURAGA" />
</elseif>
<elseif spell="*na">
    <equip when="precast" set="NA" />
</elseif>
<else>
    <equip when="precast" set="HEALING" />
</else>
</if>

Edit: The Aquaveil part, same deal. You can make an "AQUAVEIL" set, or just add the pieces in the rules. For simplicities sake, make a set called "AQUAVEIL" and then change this:
Code
<elseif Skill="EnhancingMagic">
<if spell="Stoneskin|Aquaveil|Blink|Boost*|Auspice">
    <equip when="precast" set="ENHSKILL" />
</if>
<elseif spell="Bar*">
    <equip when="precast" set="BAR" />
</elseif>
<elseif spell="Regen*">
    <equip when="precast" set="REGEN" />
</elseif>
<else>
    <equip when="precast" set="FAST" />
<if spell="Sneak" BuffActive="Sneak" advanced='"%target"="<me>"'>
    <command when="precast">cancel 71</command>
</if>
</else>
</elseif>

To this:
Code
<elseif Skill="EnhancingMagic">
<if spell="Stoneskin|Blink|Boost*|Auspice">
    <equip when="precast" set="ENHSKILL" />
</if>
<elseif spell="Aquaveil">
    <equip when="precast" set="AQUAVEIL" />
</elseif>
<elseif spell="Bar*">
    <equip when="precast" set="BAR" />
</elseif>
<elseif spell="Regen*">
    <equip when="precast" set="REGEN" />
</elseif>
<else>
    <equip when="precast" set="FAST" />
<if spell="Sneak" BuffActive="Sneak" advanced='"%target"="<me>"'>
    <command when="precast">cancel 71</command>
</if>
</else>
</elseif>

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-16 20:39:22
Link | Citer | R

Question about Mezzoforte'ing(Such a weird word that i'm not going to attempt to get right).
Does this npc "hold" RP for you, or do you always need to trade the exact amount? I did my first upgrade on Rigor's last night sort of thinking he just held on to any extra points, but I'm not seeing that option on him now.
Not bothered by losing 3 NQ airlixir's, just confused on the system and the BG page doesn't explain trading so well.

If he doesn't hold these points, to get my Rank 2 augment(the attack) I'll need to trade him 5 Airlixirs + Rigors yeah? Keeps mentioning wiping the weapon clean and would hate to lose progress.
Sorry if the question is kind of a mess, this whole system is just a little confusing to me.
Edit: Figured it out I guess. Does not store points so kinda need to make sure you're trading the correct number of airlixir's. Rank 3 is such a tiny upgrade apparently...
 Valefor.Esdain
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-17 01:31:32
Link | Citer | R

Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of the Knight's Confession temp KI? It's from the PLD AF3 quest. I'd think that I could get rid of it somehow. Anyone done with that quest and able to get rid of it? Maybe like some NPC you talk to that takes it and closes that storyline??? Help me out! thx
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-05-17 02:23:23
Link | Citer | R

Newly aspiring war here.. im lvl 88 atm and my skills are pretty low (200-220) any tips for skillup and is raging rush & kings justice still good?
(I have full af3+1 & accessories)

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-17 02:30:37
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ryndo said: »
Newly aspiring war here.. im lvl 88 atm and my skills are pretty low (200-220) any tips for skillup and is raging rush & kings justice still good?
(I have full af3+1 & accessories)

Atma of Mounted Champion, Sea Daughter, Vicissitude, Stronghold, Impenetrable or any other Regen atmas. Stack them. Go target a Bluffalo in Uleguerand Range Abyssea south of Conflux 5.

Put up Retaliation.

Put on a movie and watch it while you skill up.

Really, if you have 3 regen atmas, it's nearly impossible for a Bluffalo to kill you. The spawn DC and that caps any and all A+ skills to 424.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-17 02:33:48
Link | Citer | R

War/Dnc + Regen Atma(Fistule's, Stronghold, Mounted Champion) + Skillup food + PDT gear + Retaliation + Tahrongi or Attohwa Chasm(abyssea obviously) Mandy's.
Best way to skillup any weapon War can actually equip. Also great for wsnm trials since self SC'ing is quite possible depending on mob type.

If you have a Rdm or Sch friend(or mule) that can phalanx you, this will be even safer and much faster. You can do it without phalanx though.

RR is going to be your best inside abyssea WS, was never super impressed with KJ but I never did much with my War either.
 Asura.Ryndo
user: Zarrox
By Asura.Ryndo 2013-05-17 02:42:32
Link | Citer | R

Okay cool ty.. any tops on the other issue? Also I have wondered about getting a pdt set... what are the best choices for WAR?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-17 02:47:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Question about Mezzoforte'ing(Such a weird word that i'm not going to attempt to get right).
Does this npc "hold" RP for you, or do you always need to trade the exact amount? I did my first upgrade on Rigor's last night sort of thinking he just held on to any extra points, but I'm not seeing that option on him now.
Not bothered by losing 3 NQ airlixir's, just confused on the system and the BG page doesn't explain trading so well.

If he doesn't hold these points, to get my Rank 2 augment(the attack) I'll need to trade him 5 Airlixirs + Rigors yeah? Keeps mentioning wiping the weapon clean and would hate to lose progress.
Sorry if the question is kind of a mess, this whole system is just a little confusing to me.
Edit: Figured it out I guess. Does not store points so kinda need to make sure you're trading the correct number of airlixir's. Rank 3 is such a tiny upgrade apparently...
The rank points are recorded on the weapon itself and any leftover RP after a rank up are counted towards your progress for the next rank.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-17 02:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Oh nice, thought I had just wasted more airlixir's earlier, but I guess the extra traded will reduce the number I need for rank3.
Seems like there's to much explanation for most other things in SoA but the npc for this doesn't really tell you a ton.

Asura.Ryndo said: »
Okay cool ty.. any tops on the other issue? Also I have wondered about getting a pdt set... what are the best choices for WAR?
This is what I use for War, but it is 99 stuff for the most part, though none of it is difficult to get
ItemSet 301297
Mollusca Mantle is a better option over Shadow, I'm just really cheap right now. Dark Rings have -4%(may as well use a Jelly) and -6%. Dux stuff is all pretty cheap last I looked, and so was a grim cuirass. This is so very far from the best set a War could use, just showing some cheaper options to get started. The warrior guide should have the perfect pdt set listed.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-17 03:02:42
Link | Citer | R

I'm interested in completing 100% of the quests in the game at the moment. I'm curious if anyone can think of "lost-forevers" aka things that you can miss by accident.

My friend pointed out to me: The Gustaberg Tour
That one can't be done by any job higher than level 5.

I also noticed on the sandy quest: Blackmail
that the notes for it say: This is not actually a series of quests. You can flag both quests independently, but you must flag The Setting Sun before fully completing Dauperiat's quest if you wish to complete both.

If anyone can think of any others that are like this, please let me know here. Thank you.

Edit: Also if you can think of any either-or quests like The Rivalry / The Competition (fishing for lushangs) where you can do either one or the other, please mention them. Thanks.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-17 03:06:15
Link | Citer | R

Mhaura and Selbina subjob quests really screw up any chance at a true 100% completion on a single character.
The Lu Shangs quest is also an issue, since you have to choose one brother or the other, so no "The Rivalry" and "The Competition"
Only quests I can think of besides the ones you listed.

Would be awesome if SE could do something about Gustaberg tour, really frustrating to see that I can never finish this.
Edit: Posted after edit, so just SJ quests I guess.
 Valefor.Esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-05-17 03:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Diabolique said: »
Would be awesome if SE could do something about Gustaberg tour, really frustrating to see that I can never finish this.

Luckily I've got a Sprout / Guide beret so I can synch lower than level 10 (I think). I have yet to try this out. Gonna try tomorow. I'll let you know here so watch for an edit at a later time. (^_^)
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-05-17 15:12:40
Link | Citer | R

What is a 4 song BRD?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-17 15:28:17
Link | Citer | R

Someone with a 99 Daurdabla
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-05-17 15:31:05
Link | Citer | R

Solrain said: »
Sylph.Jrpg said: »

Make a set called "CURAGA" (modeled after the "CURE" set, with whatever differences you'd like) and then change this:

This worked, thank you~
 Asura.Babydrulian
By Asura.Babydrulian 2013-05-17 15:35:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Someone with a 99 Daurdabla
Im not gonna make it.
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-17 17:14:28
Link | Citer | R

Are any of the limbus zones better than others for Ancient Beastcoins?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-18 01:10:56
Link | Citer | R

Any particular reason I'm not seeing any shouts for Delve T1/T2/T3 NMs? Other than the possibility of people steamrolling through them already, I would figure people would be going for access to the gear coming from them :x

edit: might have answered my own question- it seems like you can get the KIs from the NMs when fighting them in Fractures as well. guess I just need to find a shout that doesn't involve a heavy amount of sacing. Good luck to me on that I suppose. >.>
 Phoenix.Thorbean
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Thorbean
By Phoenix.Thorbean 2013-05-18 04:49:13
Link | Citer | R

Do the helix line of spells force all weather bonuses?

Ie.
Irridescence, twilight cape + correct weather = all are forced, only weather is forced, weather + cape is forced, or weather + iridescence is forced?
First Page 2 3 ... 195 196 197 ... 861 862 863