Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 861 862 863
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-05-02 19:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Darktrance said: »
What do I do with menace plasm? I'm assuming it's not the same as Mweya Plasm
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-03 09:40:19
Link | Citer | R

So I've been running Salvage V1 with a friend (and our alts) for a while now typically going THF MNK WHM WHM and we are getting close to finishing and moving onto V2. Will that setup work for V2 as well?

MNK THF pretty well geared, WHMs decently.

If there is a better setup what would it be? Our mains are pretty open to jobs and alts BLM WHM SCH THF BRD.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-05-03 10:02:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
So I've been running Salvage V1 with a friend (and our alts) for a while now typically going THF MNK WHM WHM and we are getting close to finishing and moving onto V2. Will that setup work for V2 as well?

If there is a better setup what would it be? Our mains are pretty open to jobs and alts BLM WHM SCH THF BRD.

That setup should be more than enough honestly, I'd swap a whm out for a brd though.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-05-03 10:23:36
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »
Ragnarok.Ravant said: »

That setup should be more than enough honestly, I'd swap a whm out for a brd though.

Awesome! Thanks
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-03 20:13:39
Link | Citer | R

Which Wildskeeper reive is easiest?
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-05-03 20:17:52
Link | Citer | R

Whichever one is in the area with the highest colonization rate! None are really that difficult, but Tchakka was the only one I've been in that was a major death-fest.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-03 20:38:13
Link | Citer | R

Okay, so I'm tired of having to take forever gearing up when swapping jobs, sorting out all the gear I have between my DRK and other jobs, and getting called out for it. Especially when I have my porter slips for a majority of my gear. The rest are either accessories or standalone pieces that can't be stored, but muled.

Are there any tips and tricks one can offer to make the gearing process quicker, aside from setting my homepoint in Lower Jeuno and West Adoulin?
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-05-03 20:47:29
Link | Citer | R

If you're dual wielding on a non-dual wield main and get your sub job locked via TP moves of a monster, when you lose the Dual Wield trait, do you automatically unequip your off hand?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-05-03 20:48:08
Link | Citer | R

Carbuncle.Ghishlain said: »
If you're dual wielding on a non-dual wield main and get your sub job locked via TP moves of a monster, when you lose the Dual Wield trait, do you automatically unequip your off hand?
Yes
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ghishlain
user: Ghishlain
By Carbuncle.Ghishlain 2013-05-03 20:49:04
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Carbuncle.Ghishlain said: »
Yes

Thank ya for the quick reply ^^

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-03 21:04:12
Link | Citer | R

Quetzacoatl said: »
Okay, so I'm tired of having to take forever gearing up when swapping jobs, sorting out all the gear I have between my DRK and other jobs, and getting called out for it. Especially when I have my porter slips for a majority of my gear. The rest are either accessories or standalone pieces that can't be stored, but muled.

Are there any tips and tricks one can offer to make the gearing process quicker, aside from setting my homepoint in Lower Jeuno and West Adoulin?
Go through all your inventory. Sit down and figure out what in there you actually use and what you don't. Throw away, sell or mule everything you don't use at all or only rarely. It's easier to mule for an item you need once a month than to porter every damn piece of gear you use daily or weekly.

Take all the gear you use out of the porter, use gear collector and instead of suffering while changing jobs, go make a sandwich instead.

Most of my job changes take me about 90 seconds depending on what I'm changing from and I have a crap ton of gear.
[+]
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-03 21:11:33
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Josiahfk said: »
Can try organizing better. For example my thf evasion and Blu Eva sets both swap 11 items the same and just one different. So can group your light jobs in one, heavy jobs in another etc, mages in the third one
Normally I store my DRK and NIN between my inventory and mog safe. My mog sack has a mix of DD light DD gear, mage gear and accessories.

I put my BLU, THF and SMN stuff in my locker, mixed in with some evasion pieces and crafting ingredients. My storage has weapons and some other miscellaneous gear that I never use anymore and should probably toss.

Sekundes: I'll upload the screenshots of what I exactly have on photobucket in a bit, for more detail
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-05-03 21:14:00
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Go through all your inventory. Sit down and figure out what in there you actually use and what you don't. Throw away, sell or mule everything you don't use at all or only rarely. It's easier to mule for an item you need once a month than to porter every damn piece of gear you use daily or weekly.

Take all the gear you use out of the porter, use gear collector and instead of suffering while changing jobs, go make a sandwich instead.

Most of my job changes take me about 90 seconds depending on what I'm changing from and I have a crap ton of gear.

Safe, Storage, Locker, Sack, and Satchel, and you have 5 99s. You have a box for each job.

I'm jelly.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Serveur: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-03 21:18:35
Link | Citer | R

Assuming you can fit all of one job's gear into 80 inventory slots at any given time.

My BLU takes somewhere around 100-110 total.
[+]
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-03 21:21:17
Link | Citer | R

Not to say this is the best way, but I use my different inventories for different item types.
Weapons(Main Shield Ranged ammo):Safe
Locker: Armor I can't store on a slip(Jobs I play often only)
Satchel: Accessories I can't store on a slip(Again, main jobs)
Sack: Slips, Medicine and warp crap

And now that we can actually get more use out of it
Storage: Gear for jobs I rarely play, but may still need.
Always knowing where things are makes job switching much faster for me. Inventory is empty, or as close to empty as possible at all times.

If I just never get a chance to play a job, that gear just goes straight to a mule.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-05-03 21:22:25
Link | Citer | R

Yeah I imagine it does. I hate profile-stalking people because it's usually so elitist, but I don't care about his gear, just that he's lucky to have so few jobs and so little clutter^^.

I would imagine your blu gear overlaps some other jobs as well. It probably (surely, I know) shares brutal, suppa, loq, whichever belt you tp in, your tp backpiece, neck etc with other jobs. The overlap helps, especially with tools like gear collector.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-05-03 21:24:01
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

why can't i plus this more
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-03 21:29:10
Link | Citer | R

Honestly... I should take my own advice cause my inventory is pretty *** despite having few jobs. I like having situational gear...
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-05-03 21:33:13
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I wasn't trolling your page or anything. My inventory is usually a mess and I was just curious to how your advice might work for me, if I'd ever tab back to the game long enough to do anything.

My motherboard fried a few months ago, and along with it, the installation of windows was corrupted, but prior to that, I gave gearcollector a shot and it kept freezing FFXI.. something about locking input, but it never unlocked input and I could find no way to make it do so.

New installation, new windower, I should try it again someday.
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-05-03 21:38:05
Link | Citer | R

Alright, prepare to look at what I have to deal with!

By the way, I've downloaded GearCollector, but I guess i'm just confused about how to actually use it. Do I just list my gear based on my jobs in the GearCollector xml or?
 Asura.Lokimaru
Serveur: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-05-03 21:41:45
Link | Citer | R

By the way, I've heard about gear collector, but I guess i'm just confused about how to actually use it
Just from the first few pictures, a lot of that looks like junk!

-1 relic pieces are porter-able.
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-05-03 21:45:50
Link | Citer | R

By the way, I've downloaded GearCollector, but I guess i'm just confused about how to actually use it. Do I just list my gear based on my jobs in the GearCollector xml or?

I tried to keep going, but I had to stop at Walahra Turban. That thing's stored or muled or something.

But yeah (for everyone), Relic gear, Relic -1, Relic +1 are all storable. Relic +2 appears to be but only if you've done the quest afterwards so keep that in mind. So is old NNI gear (Askar,etc), old Salvage gear, as well as, and more importantly, old salvage 15,25,35 pieces. AF is storable...
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-05-03 22:16:45
Link | Citer | R

That is a lot of extra stuff...
Will you ever use Nagerling again? Or Perdu Hanger, Noritsune, Dreamland boss pops, or a lot of that other stuff?
I would just sit down one day and see if you'll ever actually need that stuff.
A lot of it probably has sentimental value and I totally get that. NPC'ing my destroyers and dropping dune boots were one of the hardest things I've ever done. But you seem to really need that extra space so I'd think about try that at least.

May not seem obvious considering how they're obtained, but you can store all the nation flags on slips(11).
[+]
By Blkninja 2013-05-03 22:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Anyone havea BRD windower script I could use? Want to skill up my singing skill

or perhaps an example of a script and I can fill out my own spells there
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-05-03 23:09:16
Link | Citer | R

All this talk about gear has me going through mine, piece by piece, I've found fourteen pieces that there's no reason I haven't muled.. like lol sarutobi kyahan (mnk/sam/nin 39 3% haste).

Do you ever just stare at your inventory and wonder why you have that? +2 coins are the funniest, i have 24 of one and not exactly sure what i was planning there...
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-05-03 23:48:29
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Omnys said: »
All this talk about gear has me going through mine, piece by piece, I've found fourteen pieces that there's no reason I haven't muled.. like lol sarutobi kyahan (mnk/sam/nin 39 3% haste).

Do you ever just stare at your inventory and wonder why you have that? +2 coins are the funniest, i have 24 of one and not exactly sure what i was planning there...
I never toss a seal or a +2 item that I don't already have made. But luckily you can mule that stuff...

Gear collector goes based on your xml per job. So if you don't use spellcast, then make an xml for each job and put all your gear in it. Be sure to use short names not full length names. there's troubleshooting info in other threads but if you run in to specific things ask and someone will answer.

Sell:
forgotten items
Abdjaljs's honor (worth a bit atm since they just allowed nq augments)
raphael's rod
noritsuno kote
republic sword
fireworks
geodes
any crafting items you don't actually use
melon tank
potions if you aren't going to have them on you to use

Drop:
seasoning stones
pankration crap?!
salvage cards
nashmau earring (vw warps)

porter:
-1 items
flags

Mule:
Pop items unless you do them often
+2 items
abjurations
any ws gorget or belt you don't currently use
joyeuse unless you use that as a proc sword
gilded blad
naglering
doom tabars
vermeil bhuj
ashura (unless a proc weapon)
supernal knife
perdu hanger
isador
o hat
ying yang robe
walmart turbin
any hachimaki you don't need to get a proc ws
tactical mantle unless it's in one of your sets getting you a hit build
sachet's unless you have them for a resist build

just at a glance before bed. Gl with your sorting.
[+]
 Valefor.Omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-05-04 00:44:32
Link | Citer | R

Drop the wyvern scale x1 too.

If you're not using Find, use it, it's great for seeing if you have multiple broken stacks of crap
 Ragnarok.Nemesio
user: Nemesio
By Ragnarok.Nemesio 2013-05-04 08:27:38
Link | Citer | R

I am unable to talk to Elmric(The guy for the logging quest).. Any time I try to speak to him, my game freezes up, I can still spin the camera, and type, but the character is frozen there. Any suggestions? Tried about 5 times now..
First Page 2 3 ... 191 192 193 ... 861 862 863