Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 189 190 191 ... 861 862 863
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-28 12:52:23
Link | Citer | R

Can you store the lv 30 torques somewhere? The jobemote ones.
 Asura.Lokimaru
Serveur: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2013-04-28 12:56:23
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Eriina said: »
In order to gain the boost to saber dance, do DNC Etoile Tights +2 (augmented) need to be worn the whole time during saber dance? or can they be worn only during activation of saber dance only and taken off after?
They need to be worn the whole duration.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-28 14:29:25
Link | Citer | R

Kasha > Shoha = Light SC ?
 Asura.Ina
Serveur: Asura
user: Inasura
By Asura.Ina 2013-04-28 14:29:36
Link | Citer | R

Yes
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-28 14:31:05
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Ina said: »
Yes

Thanks!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
Serveur: Sylph
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-28 14:49:37
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ravant said: »
Not exactly a FFXI question as a GW question but I figured someone might know. How do you turn off GW's in game liveshouts? I thought it was //toggle liveshouts but im getting and error, "Error: liveshouts - File was not loaded" "Error: liveshouts - File does not exist."

//gw toggle liveshouts
 Ragnarok.Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-04-28 14:52:48
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »
Not exactly a FFXI question as a GW question but I figured someone might know. How do you turn off GW's in game liveshouts? I thought it was //toggle liveshouts but im getting and error, "Error: liveshouts - File was not loaded" "Error: liveshouts - File does not exist."

//gw toggle liveshouts

... I coulda sworn I tried that -.- Thanks again. :)
 Cerberus.Mindi
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Mindi
By Cerberus.Mindi 2013-04-28 14:53:14
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
Can you store the lv 30 torques somewhere? The jobemote ones.

no, there even was a dev post about this that it will never happen, because they are so easy to get again
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-04-28 14:54:45
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Hitetsu said: »

//gw toggle liveshouts

... I coulda sworn I tried that -.- Thanks again. :)

Np :P If you use //toggle, then Windower turns plugins on/off, depending on whether they're loaded or not, so it was looking for a plugin called "liveshouts".
 Ragnarok.Eriina
user: Eriina
By Ragnarok.Eriina 2013-04-28 15:56:16
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Lokimaru said: »
They need to be worn the whole duration.
Thanks Loki!
 Lakshmi.Rassitier
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Rassitier
By Lakshmi.Rassitier 2013-04-28 16:41:39
Link | Citer | R

I need help understanding the DPS spreadsheet...not sure if this is the best thread for this or not, but here goes...

As I am plugging in gear to the DRK spreadsheet my rounds/ws number goes from 4.22 to 4.34 which to me says both says both sets are the same X-hit, but the cycle time is changing as well from 1177 to 1207.

Am i misunderstanding what these numbers mean? I am reading this as cycle time = the amount of time it takes in between weaponskills, but I do not understand how a tyrants ring to a strigoi ring would affect that
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-29 08:08:56
Link | Citer | R

Does terror have an element? Thinking about possible resistance.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-29 08:12:29
Link | Citer | R

it's dark based, sagasinger has a pretty notable effect but i haven't heard of anyone trying a resist build
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-04-29 08:12:54
Link | Citer | R

If it does it's probably darkness going off of the icon for Absolute Terror on BLU spell list. I dunno for sure, though!
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-29 08:14:23
Link | Citer | R

Does terror have an element? Thinking about possible resistance.
It use to be thought that perhaps it was earth but I'm fairly sure that recent tests have pretty well determined it to be non-elemental.

edit: Is it dark? I've never had any luck with double carols and resist gear.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-04-29 08:16:35
Link | Citer | R

Interesting. I thought it could be darkness, though last night in woe an elemental was using terror as a water based attack so I was wondering if it was just incidental or a static thing.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-29 08:29:24
Link | Citer | R

I was just assuming based off of the BLU spell, I'll admit not the most accurate method. My apologies, should have stated that.

Never seen a resist on ADL, and only resists I've seen on Wyrm were swapping in Sagasinger. Imagine if you wanted to conclusively test, you'd have to do it on the specific mob you're curious about.

Earth is a decent candidate, if only because it's mutually exclusive with break.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-29 10:47:55
Link | Citer | R

Interesting. I thought it could be darkness, though last night in woe an elemental was using terror as a water based attack so I was wondering if it was just incidental or a static thing.
There's a long history of mobs using abilities that have status effects that don't exactly coincide. Regurgitation is a prime example that even carries over to the player side. Water elemental attack, ice elemental status effect.

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
I was just assuming based off of the BLU spell, I'll admit not the most accurate method. My apologies, should have stated that.

Never seen a resist on ADL, and only resists I've seen on Wyrm were swapping in Sagasinger. Imagine if you wanted to conclusively test, you'd have to do it on the specific mob you're curious about.

Earth is a decent candidate, if only because it's mutually exclusive with break.

That's why I had originally thought it was earth, but with 500 enhancing barspell and double carols with a gjallarhorn brd and a bit of earth resist gear I never had a single resist, and no notable duration resist that I could recall(it is possible it could have gotten a half resist at some point but it's doubtful). My brother who had sagasinger on resisted a few times but even that wasn't very impressive for a one purpose weapon that is incredibly rare.

This was done on the ouryu cometh fight and I spent the majority of the fight terrored. He spammed the hell out of it but still, I admit a small sample size but with Ouryu's level and my amount of earth resist, I really should have seen at least a single resist.

Dark I still consider an option since I have far fewer options there for resist but I'm still feeling it's non-elemental. I guess SE likes to keep their "*** the player up" options open. And yeah, basing it off blue spells might give you an idea of what it could be but as you said, not the best test method as we've seen some variation in what blu's get vs what mobs use. Cursed Sphere being water instead of darkness.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-29 11:03:31
Link | Citer | R

Is there any documented case of a resist without the swords? It might just have 100% m.acc regardless, making element a bit irrelevant.

Going to go soul voice earth/dark carols x2 and see if I can resist a jettatura in b01, not doing ***anyway.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-29 11:35:21
Link | Citer | R

Not really proof, but seems to be a strong indicator that neither earth nor dark resistance does anything. I overestimated how much resistance the carols would give, but I would think it's still sufficient for level 40 mobs.
 Quetzalcoatl.Volgin
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Volgin 2013-04-29 12:43:47
Link | Citer | R

Anyone else get the feeling that SE just throws random letters in a hat and takes a handful out to name some of the items?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-29 13:02:22
Link | Citer | R

Not really proof, but seems to be a strong indicator that neither earth nor dark resistance does anything. I overestimated how much resistance the carols would give, but I would think it's still sufficient for level 40 mobs.

With how resists work according to this: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Resist

It'd be rather difficult to fully resist especially if we have no base resistance to it. Now I'm not very good with this stuff... but you'd have a 5% chance to half resist, then after that a 5% chance to 1/4 resist and then another 5% chance to 1/8 resist. I'm assuming the 1/8 would give a "Has no effect" message since it's a full resist. So if they are getting capped hit rate then you'd have what... a .0125% chance to resist? I'm not terribly good with the math involved in % of multiple steps but that's 1 in 10,000 or so... Seems a bit too small but /shrug.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-29 13:29:20
Link | Citer | R

Hmm I guess actually this spell would only have 2 resist states, not 3 like a damage spell so it'd actually be .25% not .0125% So 1 in 400 or so.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-29 13:30:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »

With how resists work according to this: http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Resist

It'd be rather difficult to fully resist especially if we have no base resistance to it. Now I'm not very good with this stuff... but you'd have a 5% chance to half resist, then after that a 5% chance to 1/4 resist and then another 5% chance to 1/8 resist. I'm assuming the 1/8 1/4 would give a "Has no effect" message since it's a full resist. So if they are getting capped hit rate then you'd have what... a .0125% .25% chance to resist? I'm not terribly good with the math involved in % of multiple steps but that's 1 in 10,000 1 in 400 or so... Seems a bit too small but /shrug.

Edited like hell!
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-04-30 12:48:22
Link | Citer | R

I don't feel like crawling through page after page of anger to find out how to get the new items. Anybody mind sharing a link or just giving an explanation of the new system?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Oraen
user: Gaztastic
By Sylph.Oraen 2013-04-30 12:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Yeah don't mean to rush anyone, I just saw some posts in multiple gearing guides mentioning "plasma", so I assumed that was the new currency. I just didn't know if anyone had a database of all the possible prices. Oh well, time to reive until I kill myself.
 Odin.Rikiyame
Serveur: Odin
user: Rikiyame
By Odin.Rikiyame 2013-04-30 13:16:06
Link | Citer | R

You have to kill NMs to to get the KIs they drop. Those KIs pertain to opening up items to purchase with plasma. Plasma comes from Delves and farming shards (solo option). Very rough, basic information.

Edit: BG Thread
 Carbuncle.Darktrance
Serveur: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Darktrance 2013-04-30 17:39:20
Link | Citer | R

I'm a little lost on what I'm supposed to be doing in this game now. All the talk has me a bit confused.

I had been working on an Armageddon, casually collect relic currency, and was about to begin a Nyzul run 1-100 v1 to unlock some weaponskills. Was also considering getting some Torque's from Sea, now that I've gotten the access (and Raja's)

But now, I'm not sure? I kinda get the impressive if I'm not doing the new content, then I'm going to get left behind.

As someone with limited progression... what fun thing is there for me to do? Haven't heard much favorable about Adoulin... and the things I did enjoy, Voidwatch, for example... seem less rewarding considering the abyssmal drop rates compared to what you can get with the new content.
First Page 2 3 ... 189 190 191 ... 861 862 863