Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 861 862 863
 Siren.Thoraeon
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-15 12:11:22
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Zenogias said: »
Are we able to re-augment Moonshade Earring? If so, what do I need to do? Just toss it, then repeat "Maiden of the Dusk" and proceed through the remaining cut scenes?
Re-obtaining With New Augments
You may obtain a new Moonshade Earring by tossing your current one and checking the ??? next to the Veridical Conflux in Grauberg. This will reset your current WotG mission to Maiden of the Dusk where you will have to redo the fight and obtain the Moonshade Earring along with all cutscenes.

So you are correct.
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Lest_We_Forget
 Phoenix.Innina
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Innina 2013-04-15 13:04:08
Link | Citer | R

What level are the enemies, including bosses in Salvage Ver.2?
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-15 23:01:01
Link | Citer | R

the Thurandaut Tabard.... Good WS body for pup/blu/dnc since I don't have Toci's? Does it beat Toci's without set bonus? Does it beat it with (I highly doubt this but might as well include it in my questions)?

Looking at this from both a pummel/CDC/Exten point of view. I realize there are better bodies, but I don't have a salvage perma, so +1 usu is out, and I don't have a meebles group so the Matanaca Harness is out too.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-15 23:06:58
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
the Thurandaut Tabard.... Good WS body for pup/blu/dnc since I don't have Toci's? Does it beat Toci's without set bonus? Does it beat it with (I highly doubt this but might as well include it in my questions)?

Looking at this from both a pummel/CDC/Exten point of view. I realize there are better bodies, but I don't have a salvage perma, so +1 usu is out, and I don't have a meebles group so the Matanaca Harness is out too.
Toci's has Dex, Thura has Agi.

If it is a crit or Dex modded ws, Toci's wins (pummel/CDC). If it is Agi modded, Thura wins (Exent). Anything else, it goes on a case by case comparison.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-15 23:08:51
Link | Citer | R

I realize Toci's has dex, and it also has that DA+3. I'm just not sure where it stands because the tabard has a nice chunk more of both STR and Att. and me being about 0/425 or so now on Toci's is really quite disheartening...
 Shiva.Bailiegrace
Serveur: Shiva
user: Bai
By Shiva.Bailiegrace 2013-04-15 23:10:35
Link | Citer | R

While doing the 100 kills for unlocking DRK with the Chaosbringer equipped, is it possible to find out how many kills you have left or have done?
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-15 23:11:46
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Bailiegrace said: »
While doing the 100 kills for unlocking DRK with the Chaosbringer equipped, is it possible to find out how many kills you have left or have done?

Not unless they changed it in the past few years, no.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-15 23:13:12
Link | Citer | R

I realize Toci's has dex, and it also has that DA+3. I'm just not sure where it stands because the tabard has a nice chunk more of both STR and Att. and me being about 0/425 or so now on Toci's is really quite disheartening...
If a ws is Agi modded (like Exent), Toci's will never beat it.

And for multi-hit skills that you mentioned, DA is less useful.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-15 23:14:29
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Thoraeon said: »

That kind of puts things in favor of the tabard then. Pummel being multi hit and pup being attack starved and all. I realize for CDC toci's is the clear winner with set bonus though.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-15 23:16:40
Link | Citer | R

Do we have some math guys/girls on to verify this before I dump 25k bayld? >_< lol.
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-15 23:17:10
Link | Citer | R

That kind of puts things in favor of the tabard then. Pummel being multi hit and pup being attack starved and all. I realize for CDC toci's is the clear winner with set bonus though.
Toci's is clear winner for CDC because of the Dex of which Thura doesn't have. Set bonus or not.

Pummel is a crit ws with alot of hits, so Toci's will probably serve it better due to the dDex and the acc. Again, Set bonus or not.
By erroneous42 2013-04-15 23:18:08
Link | Citer | R

Blkninja said: »
Can a BST solo Proto Omega?

yes i've done it a few times. just have to watch for the pods is all. i killed them as soon as they popped then hung back the rest of the fight. didn't take much food with ff.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-15 23:36:05
Link | Citer | R

Toci's is clear winner for CDC because of the Dex of which Thura doesn't have. Set bonus or not.

Pummel is a crit ws with alot of hits, so Toci's will probably serve it better due to the dDex and the acc. Again, Set bonus or not.

That's kind of why I'm still hesitant. You said probably and I hate that word lol. Not trying to sound like a ***, I just want a definite answer if anybody minds proving me with one. Pup's dex is fairly high, and isn't there a cap on dDex? Would pup reach it without the dex from tocis'? I'm just not sure. My WS set without toci's without a dex+ body (to simulate tabard), would have 128 dex. Is that enough for most targets to cap dDex?
 Siren.Thoraeon
By Siren.Thoraeon 2013-04-16 00:03:30
Link | Citer | R

That's kind of why I'm still hesitant. You said probably and I hate that word lol. Pup's dex is fairly high, and isn't there a cap on dDex? Would pup reach it without the dex from tocis'? I'm just not sure. My WS set without toci's without a dex+ body (to simulate tabard), would have 128 dex. Is that enough for most targets to cap dDex?
I said probably for pup because I don't know/care about that job as much.

128 dex will not cap you against most content. You need to have 50 more dex than the mobs agi to cap. If I remember right, DC mobs in dyna have around 90 or so ago. Harder stuff will have more.

As for CDC, Thura doesn't stand a chance to Toci. And no amount of set bonus will make Toci's beat Thura for exent.

Any doubts about your pummel set I would recommend taking to the pup forums for a more knowledgable and in depth analysis.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-16 00:08:19
Link | Citer | R

I asked here because I wasn't about to make an entire thread on it for pup. This is the RQT so I just put it here. I know the CDC bit, we went over that and I wasn't disagreeing really from the get go lol. Pummel is what I'm really having some issues with mainly. And I realize the tabard is basically the best Exten body for dnc that I can think of.
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-04-16 00:45:39
Link | Citer | R

What WS body are you using now? I understand not wanting to waste bayld, but maybe the comparison should be between what you currently have against the tabard, and not against Toci's.

You may(I really hope not) go another 400 runs without seeing it, so the Toci's comparison doesn't actually impact you at the moment.

25k bayld is something you can get in a day without question or luck.
Five runs of Lost Article retrieval from Mummers will get you 18k(3.6k for 3 tags at a time, more bayld if you did 1 tag each but my god no one would do that) alone and can always stop through reives while looking for it.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-16 01:07:15
Link | Citer | R

I'm down to 1 "tag" (w/e they are called) atm. I have been running mummer's lost article as much as I can honestly. And either option is way better than what I have atm. That wasn't entirely my point though. Pil is a cunty ***, but I still want toci's for CDC at least (and reso for run). And I wanted to know the difference between the two. If Tabard was at least close to toci's I wouldn't stress it so much.
 Phoenix.Icemn
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 02:58:23
Link | Citer | R

Why is it that when I do reive I barely get up to 2.4k as my high on SAM and get less than 1k on BLU? Others claim they get 300+ per evaluation and I'm getting like...44... -_-
 Cerberus.Pleebo
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-16 03:12:41
Link | Citer | R

Using the spreadsheet and substituting Toci's for Thurandaut in my own WS set resulted in a 5.6% decrease in Pummel damage on Nightmare DCs. The gap got bigger once the accuracy started to matter.

Toci's let me cap dDEX easily. I don't have a Pummel-specific set (it's identical to my VS set) cause I'm lazy and I don't use Pummel at all except when I wanna style on some ***.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-04-16 03:16:34
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Using the spreadsheet and substituting Toci's for Thurandaut in my own WS set resulted in a 5.6% decrease in Pummel damage on Nightmare DCs. The gap got bigger once the accuracy started to matter.

Toci's let me cap dDEX easily. I don't have a Pummel-specific set (it's identical to my VS set) cause I'm lazy and I don't use Pummel at all except when I wanna style on some ***.

Aight. I appreciate it. That's a decent enough gap, but it only has 13 dex. That's not like make or break. Probably possible to do it with tabard too, but I get ya. It is better still. Bummer.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-16 03:23:08
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Icemn said: »
Why is it that when I do reive I barely get up to 2.4k as my high on SAM and get less than 1k on BLU? Others claim they get 300+ per evaluation and I'm getting like...44... -_-
44 is really low. What are you doing as BLU during reives?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 03:29:11
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Pleebo said: »
Phoenix.Icemn said: »
44 is really low. What are you doing as BLU during reives?

Attacking roots, Whirl of raging groups of mobs following with a dream flower, pretty much killing the roots while keeping the mobs busy, oh and healing myself refreshing myself blink SS etc. The works!
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-16 03:34:47
Link | Citer | R

Are you comparing bayld you get from doing colonization reives on either job? If you're doing lair reives as BLU and not as SAM, be aware that those give substantially less bayld per evaluation. If you're sleeping mobs at colonization reives, you're a much braver man than I, lol.

Other than that, there's probably a gear disparity between your two jobs (non-emp vs emp).
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 03:37:55
Link | Citer | R

You misunderstood lol, both of these are during colonization reives not lair reives. But that's not the problem, even as SAM I only get 2.4k max while others(DRK friend I'm trioing w/ atm just got 15k!) get substantially more bayld from reives, and I know my damage isn't the issue. I have all KI (Except the cherished/critical KI from Pioneer's) and am on the mission to buy the KI for the naakual so I don't see missing KI as an issue either. I'm so confused -_-

Edit: During a reive in yahse just now as SAM/DNC I killed 3 grasshoppers and did 5% damage to a root to get 32 bayld...as *** SAM, while my DRK friend, who is only attacking grasshoppers, got 384 or something like that. This is really starting to annoy me.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-04-16 03:56:32
Link | Citer | R

Oh, you mean it's low overall. Well, 2.5k-3k is what I typically get as solo BLU. From what I've read, people pulling those crazy numbers have a pocket Daur bard or something. You sure your friend's not *** with you?

Edit: Saw your edit. Hell if I know, that's quite the disparity.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 04:06:07
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, I'm pretty sure as I've heard the same from other LS mates and friends. It's really annoying. I'm sitting there grinding barely getting 2k a reive and people, some of which are way more gimp than me, are getting 3k+ with ease and 7-9k on lucky runs -_-
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-16 05:14:48
Link | Citer | R

nobody's getting 9k a run, the max per evaluation is based on damage per root and the root's damage cap amounts to like 3.5k for completely killing them all iirc
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-16 05:16:22
Link | Citer | R

How is there a cap if you're rewarded in tallies of sort? It doesn't come all at once for it to be capped? o.O and Idk man I'm just telling you what others have told me
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-16 05:19:27
Link | Citer | R

Each tally has a cap to the amount of points you receive. The cap is based on the % of the roots HP that was taken out.

All of the roots HP totals a cap of around 3.5k. I might be off by a bit since I assume you're doing Ceizak/Yahse, and I never go there. For illustration purposes, if the root lost 50% of it's HP during an evaluation, you would receive a maximum of (.50)/3 * 3.5k = 583 bayld. If you don't damage the root, you won't receive bayld. To the best of my knowledge, there's no way to stretch it.. more people can reach cap by attacking adds instead of the root, but you can't go over it.
First Page 2 3 ... 181 182 183 ... 861 862 863