Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 861 862 863
 Shiva.Damonz
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Damonz
By Shiva.Damonz 2013-04-01 16:33:15
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »
I've been trying to set up an easy-to-use key binding system for my BST. Ultimately I want to be able to just press the A key and have my pet attack the current target.

I have been able to do this without any problems, apart from when I am typing in regular chat and I press the A key, it attempts to execute the bound command.

Any way around this? Or do I have to make all my keys CTRL+key?

Bind %a whatever you have bound to make your pet attack

the % sign tells it not to use the bind key if chat log is open
 Phoenix.Icemn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-01 17:02:09
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Phoenix.Icemn said: »
According to the NPC I have level 3 fame in Adoulin now, why can't I start the quest "Meg-alomaniac"? D:

Bump
My mule is having the same problem. It's done all the same quests as my main and Sav. For some reason it is unable to get the quest.

I actually figured out there was a pre-req quest to do that called Fertile ground. Lol >.<
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-01 17:09:03
Link | Citer | R

According to the NPC I have level 3 fame in Adoulin now, why can't I start the quest "Meg-alomaniac"? D:

Bump
My mule is having the same problem. It's done all the same quests as my main and Sav. For some reason it is unable to get the quest.

I actually figured out there was a pre-req quest to do that called Fertile ground. Lol >.<
Oh, didn't realize that was a prereq, or that my mule didn't finish it apparently.
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-01 17:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Bump

Oh, didn't realize that was a prereq, or that my mule didn't finish it apparently.
Yeah I didn't either lol, but figured I'd share so no more people had to ask @.@
 Bismarck.Pebbs
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Saeyent
By Bismarck.Pebbs 2013-04-01 17:45:16
Link | Citer | R

I'm recovering from a disk failure and have not been able to play FFXI since the last update.

I heard that Enmity has issues at the moment:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/31754-Enmity-imbalance

How bad is it really? Playable, broken, or do players still need time to adjust?
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-01 18:45:01
Link | Citer | R

Anyone have any info on rod/bait used for the quest "Don't ever leaf me" the Foret leg of the quest. Anything will help^^

Edit: Got one using Halycon rod and worm lure. Went 1/1 after getting closer to a Reive though which seems to affect it the most.
 Asura.Hikikomori
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Hikikomori 2013-04-01 19:18:17
Link | Citer | R

Out-of-game related sorta, but probably best here none the less.
I'm looking to duel-box FFXI but have a separate input for each instance of the game; be it One controller for one screen or one Controller one keyboard. Kinda like split-screen XI, but on two monitors.
Anyone know of any way to do this?
Guide Maker
By Quetzacoatl 2013-04-02 04:20:38
Link | Citer | R

Is it me, or wouldn't Morri+1 Body/Hands/Feet be better than Nares Head/Hands for nuking? Especially with the MAB+5 set bonus from Morri+1. It might be marginal if the Morri+1 Hands didn't have Magic Acc+11 on it.

Need clarification!
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-02 04:23:40
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Hikikomori said: »
Out-of-game related sorta, but probably best here none the less.
I'm looking to duel-box FFXI but have a separate input for each instance of the game; be it One controller for one screen or one Controller one keyboard. Kinda like split-screen XI, but on two monitors.
Anyone know of any way to do this?
To the best of my knowledge there's no simple way to do this; XI won't catch input that's done while it's not active. From a programming standpoint, it's possible to create.. have a third program in focus that interprets input and sends to the appropriate instances(can be done through windower's existing hook).
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-04-02 12:00:06
Link | Citer | R

Sorry if this has been posted somewhere else: Which slip is twilight scythe? I've googled twilight scythe nerf/portermoogle etc etc etc.

Frankly since SE is giving mouth-service to the functionally HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE players on this item I'll probably just leave it with the NPC. I mean.... 60 seconds of use every 10 minutes, but I have to wait 10 seconds to use it. If i'm putting it on for the situations that I previously used to toy with twilight I might blow 10-15 seconds because I was close to 100tp/aftermath/not paying attention.

anyhow /rant. Can someone help me find the way to "fix" this and possible get it out of my inventory til I actually need it?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-02 18:38:38
Link | Citer | R

What does Paresis resilience KI do? I thought it was so that the little flowers wouldn't paralyze you but I still got paralyzed lol
 Cerberus.Kvazz
Serveur: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2013-04-02 19:13:57
Link | Citer | R

Quetzacoatl said: »
Is it me, or wouldn't Morri+1 Body/Hands/Feet be better than Nares Head/Hands for nuking? Especially with the MAB+5 set bonus from Morri+1. It might be marginal if the Morri+1 Hands didn't have Magic Acc+11 on it.

Need clarification!

While the morri+1 set bonus would basicly make the gloves equal as far as MAB goes, Nares head + hands set bonus is +2 INT.
 Asura.Calatilla
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-04-03 09:07:36
Link | Citer | R

Are Geomancer and Rune fencer on any of the JSE armour? BG says no, but not sure how up to date that is.
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-04-03 09:12:18
Link | Citer | R

What does Paresis resilience KI do? I thought it was so that the little flowers wouldn't paralyze you but I still got paralyzed lol
The poison one reduces the poison from 50/tick to 20/tick, it's possible it lowers the para procrate or duration?
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-04-03 09:32:46
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
Are Geomancer and Rune fencer on any of the JSE armour? BG says no, but not sure how up to date that is.
All new items from this update are listed here, and Run and Geo have no form of JSE. JSE outside of artifact etc doesn't really exist now, Mnk Rng Smn Blu Cor Pup Dnc Sch never even got a lv.70 version(Not that it matters now).

Has anyone had any luck getting decent Bayld from Reives on Sch? I've gained 3x as much bayld on my (crap) pld compared to my Sch, and I'm not even actively playing it during the reives(Voke, switch to Sch, WS at some point).
I know there was an issue with points from healing, but I'm not even getting crap from nuking(Roots or Mobs). Never leveling a melee on this character, so not really sure what to do about bayld on it. Does have an 81 Bst but that is clearly useless. Really like to get that gear for this character but running out of quests for bayld already.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-03 10:00:17
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Pebbs said: »
I'm recovering from a disk failure and have not been able to play FFXI since the last update.

I heard that Enmity has issues at the moment:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/31754-Enmity-imbalance

How bad is it really? Playable, broken, or do players still need time to adjust?
I'm wondering this as well. Since SoA came out I've yet to play anything other than PLD (I really enjoy playing it, so I was on PLD most of the time before hand). I've had zero issues with Cure V/VI on my whm mule while empy farming in Abyssea, but that might be due to the enmity adjustments being great for PLD.
 Shiva.Gansito
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-04-03 12:43:41
Link | Citer | R

where can i find info on how to blu 1hr correctly?
 Phoenix.Icemn
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-03 14:55:58
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
The poison one reduces the poison from 50/tick to 20/tick, it's possible it lowers the para procrate or duration?

The poison one I noticed, yeah, but the para one procced 4 times in a row last night before finally wearing off. Maybe just bad luck? I didn't pay attention to duration, though, I'll see if I can find someone who doesn't have the KI to test it.

Edit: More like compare, not test.
 Shiva.Kuraneko
user: Kuraneko
By Shiva.Kuraneko 2013-04-03 16:07:32
Link | Citer | R

Thinking on rune fencer setups: if you do not have a portus collar, would the suggested neck be Houyi's gorget? Agasaya's collar? (no sea torque as well)

Edit: realized RUN isn't on Agasaya's or Rioter's
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-03 17:28:58
Link | Citer | R

Is there a place to buy instant warp scrolls in Adoulin?
By Alpheus 2013-04-03 17:50:21
Link | Citer | R

I don't believe they are. Though I wouldn't it put it past them being an unlockable if certain coalition levels are met. Granted those levels could be higher than the 3 levels coalitions are currently capped at.
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-04-03 18:37:14
Link | Citer | R

Bleh, I've been so spoiled with easy access to warps. I'm curious if it's simply an oversight on their part...
 Fenrir.Dragonimi
user: Dragonimi
By Fenrir.Dragonimi 2013-04-03 18:47:44
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to determine which ADL is the real one once he splits? (Never attempted him before fyi.)
 Sylph.Rafaras
Serveur: Sylph
user: Enitsu
By Sylph.Rafaras 2013-04-03 19:07:20
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Dragonimi said: »
Is there a way to determine which ADL is the real one once he splits? (Never attempted him before fyi.)

Never.
 Asura.Koconoe
user: Kokonoe
By Asura.Koconoe 2013-04-03 19:12:42
Link | Citer | R

Did the server go down for maintenance today already?
By Alpheus 2013-04-03 19:12:53
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Sekundes said: »
Bleh, I've been so spoiled with easy access to warps. I'm curious if it's simply an oversight on their part...
I think they're possibly unlockable since some Coalition levels are geared toward convenience like movement speed in the city and I think I saw mention of unlocking Ru'Lude as a destination going from Adoulin > Jeuno. Granted I'm more unsure about that second one than I am about the first.
 Lakshmi.Feint
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: feint2021
By Lakshmi.Feint 2013-04-03 19:35:32
Link | Citer | R

If you could shoot lasers from any body part of your choosing, which body part and why?
 Odin.Creaucent
Serveur: Odin
user: Creaucent
By Odin.Creaucent 2013-04-04 08:14:54
Link | Citer | R

So after the patch that happened on tuesday my xbox has been freezing every time I zone for like 20-30 secs and start getting red dot. Ive done a file check to see if anything was corrupted and nothing was, is this happening to anyone else and is there anyway to fix it? as it is getting annoying.
 Fenrir.Yuriki
user: Yuriki
By Fenrir.Yuriki 2013-04-04 09:17:48
Link | Citer | R

I'm trying to set up Windower 4 for my second monitor which has a resolution of 1600 x 900. I never had any issues with this resolution on 3.4, but 4 will not allow me to use it. Any ideas?
First Page 2 3 ... 173 174 175 ... 861 862 863