Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 861 862 863
 Odin.Mastermago
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Mastermago 2013-03-31 05:27:48
Link | Citer | R

Question about The Hills are Alive KSNM.

I'm a noobie at this game, my only level 99 job is Monk, my gear is not good at all, and I don't have a great linkshell to help me with things like this. I'm trying to get my Adamantoise Egg, I'm about to have 99 seals for the first time, how many people do I realistically need to kill this stupid turtle?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-03-31 05:37:44
Link | Citer | R

It really depends on quality of player, gear, organization. It's been soloed by SCH, duo-trioed by good mages.

For something relatively foolproof, I would say 4 fast DD SCH BRD. Cast enblizzardga, engage, dead in less than 90 seconds. Recast enblizzardga if it gets removed.

Keep in mind that solo-trio will require mages to coordinate a bit, if it stays in shell it'll regen quickly even vs 99s. It's not 'hard', but if you value your seals highly and don't know anyone you're sure could handle it it's probably safer to get more people.
 Odin.Mastermago
By Odin.Mastermago 2013-03-31 05:43:06
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Comeatmebro said: »
It really depends on quality of player, gear, organization. It's been soloed by SCH, duo-trioed by good mages.

For something relatively foolproof, I would say 4 fast DD SCH BRD. Cast enblizzardga, engage, dead in less than 90 seconds. Recast enblizzardga if it gets removed.

Keep in mind that solo-trio will require mages to coordinate a bit, if it stays in shell it'll regen quickly even vs 99s. It's not 'hard', but if you value your seals highly and don't know anyone you're sure could handle it it's probably safer to get more people.

Ok, I once tagged along with someone in my ls when they tried to do it, I remember there was me, a bst, 2 blm, and a drk, and they got absolutely crushed, never managed to knock it under 80%. It made me kind of nervous.

If I just get a bunch of blm and sch, would they just nuke it to death?
 Bismarck.Xurion
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2013-03-31 07:49:47
Link | Citer | R

So since the update, my curing waltz macro has been broke. The macro is:

/ja "Curing Waltz III" <stpc>

I use <stpc> to allow me to target party members, but now it automatically does waltz on me and also goes into target mode.

Is this a known issue?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-03-31 08:32:22
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
If I just get a bunch of blm and sch, would they just nuke it to death?
It depends, again, on the quantity and quality. It's perfectly feasible to spam ice nukes(other elements do not work well) and kill it with no regard for anything. However, if you don't have enough firepower, keep in mind that it enters and exits shell based on damage taken. I don't know the exact value, but it keeps a tally. For example, if it were 5000 damage:

0-5000 damage taken: Outside shell
5000-10000 damage taken: in shell
10000-15000 damage taken: outside shell

You can force it to leave shell by nuking, then hold it while it's outside shell until you're ready to put it in and force it out again. However, if you overshoot it, you can push tally into the next 'in-shell' state. This is probably why you had difficulty in the past. The safest method is to force it out of shell as quickly as possible and then rebuff/regain MP if needed before continuing damage and forcing it back in.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-03-31 11:29:08
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »

I use <stpc> to allow me to target party members, but now it automatically does waltz on me and also goes into target mode.

Is this a known issue?

It's a known issue yes. I assume it is being worked on.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-03-31 12:01:13
Link | Citer | R

Just wondering if anyone has info on NNI with the new adjustments..
I don't have DRK geared, nor SCH. I was basically wondering if any of the 1H jobs are any good in it, My nin is geared pretty well and was wondering if that would be an option now.

Thanks in advance ^_^/

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Greyfawkz
user: gymj1m
By Bahamut.Greyfawkz 2013-03-31 12:13:56
Link | Citer | R

Awesome, Thanks for the quick response. :DDDDD
 Ragnarok.Ghishlain
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ghishlain
By Ragnarok.Ghishlain 2013-03-31 12:14:12
Link | Citer | R

Are the Job Emote torques storable in any fashion? Or should I just give them to the floor once I acquire them? Thank ya~
 Valefor.Omnys
Serveur: Valefor
user: omnys
By Valefor.Omnys 2013-03-31 12:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Xurion said: »

Is this a known issue?

try stpt or stal (pt means party, al means alliance).

Your current macro is designed to let you target any player character.

Your current macro is fine, except that it's bugged. STPT and STAL are working fine for me.
 Lakshmi.Cadant
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: cadant
By Lakshmi.Cadant 2013-03-31 16:23:16
Link | Citer | R

Anyone with widescan ever find Colkhab in Ceizak? There is an invisible wall blocking you from getting there, anyone know anything about it?
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-03-31 16:34:14
Link | Citer | R

Just did Salvage (75) for the first time. Followed this guide.

On floor 3, the door on the east side did not open after killing the correct rampart. Everything in the room was dead (gear/s, ramparts, NM). The message on the door changed after the NM was dead, but we were unable to open it.

What did we miss?
 Ragnarok.Klife
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Klife
By Ragnarok.Klife 2013-03-31 16:38:20
Link | Citer | R

is there an altana viewer list updated for adoulin yet?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-03-31 19:03:06
Link | Citer | R

so a friend in I were talking while in salvage and he asked me "why did you get an amano if you are just going to use polearm all the time"

so i told him on fodder, stardiver is better (truestory) and that gears are weak to piercing. he said he has never ever heard that before but i swear evertime i have done salvage i was told that gears are weak to piercing, the only evidence i have is that stardiver does a decent amount of dmg more on gears than other mobs (2-4k vs 3-5k)

i tried looking up on bg wiki but could not find any other evidence to back up that gears are weak to piercing lol. am i just crazy? or am i crazy? some1 clear this up for me lol
 Leviathan.Veltan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-03-31 19:03:27
Link | Citer | R

Where to buy maps for adoulin region?
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-31 19:13:16
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »
so a friend in I were talking while in salvage and he asked me "why did you get an amano if you are just going to use polearm all the time"

so i told him on fodder, stardiver is better (truestory) and that gears are weak to piercing. he said he has never ever heard that before but i swear evertime i have done salvage i was told that gears are weak to piercing, the only evidence i have is that stardiver does a decent amount of dmg more on gears than other mobs (2-4k vs 3-5k)

i tried looking up on bg wiki but could not find any other evidence to back up that gears are weak to piercing lol. am i just crazy? or am i crazy? some1 clear this up for me lol

Somebody in the blu thread had just mentioned using Benthic in salvage because gears are weak to piercing too.... It was the first time I honestly heard it.
 Asura.Calatilla
Serveur: Asura
user: Calatilla
By Asura.Calatilla 2013-03-31 19:14:48
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veltan said: »
Where to buy maps for adoulin region?
Brenton inside the Pioneer's Coalition (E-8 West Adoulin)will give you maps of the City for free when you sign up with him.

Sifa alanai inside the Scout's Coalition (F-9 East Adoulin) Sells maps for outside areas.

On a different note, did SE forget to add logging points? Ive gone over both Yahse Hunting Grounds and Ceizak Battlegrounds and I haven't seen a single one.
 Bismarck.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Bismarck.Llewelyn 2013-03-31 19:19:33
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

Odin.Eikechi said: »

Somebody in the blu thread had just mentioned using Benthic in salvage because gears are weak to piercing too.... It was the first time I honestly heard it.
Yes, gears are weak to piercing.
[+]
 Sylph.Jkun
Serveur: Sylph
user: Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-03-31 19:26:30
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Calatilla said: »
On a different note, did SE forget to add logging points? Ive gone over both Yahse Hunting Grounds and Ceizak Battlegrounds and I haven't seen a single one.

They do exist, but everyone is doing them for coalition missions. It took me a good hour of wandering around to find some, but they do exist!

Try looking further to the west of each map, as most players are too lazy to go deeper as it can get quite dangerous!

Also, bring a lot of hatchets. Compared to regular logging, they break almost every time, and coupled with the current 15 chance fatigue system, expect to make a few trips to get certain missions or quests done.
 Leviathan.Veltan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-03-31 19:27:58
Link | Citer | R

I've seen tons of logging points in ceizak, no harvesting points though.
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-03-31 19:31:31
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Mastermago said: »
Question about The Hills are Alive KSNM.

How many people do I realistically need to kill this stupid turtle?

It can be done with 2-3 BLM and a RDM, but communication is key when timing nukes. If they have done it before you should be fine, you might not even need to participate at all! It's a fairly simple fight lowman using magic, but I haven't tried a melee approach yet.

Shouting for it should attract lots of attention though, a lot of people need that darn egg still!
 Sylph.Jkun
By Sylph.Jkun 2013-03-31 19:34:43
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veltan said: »
I've seen tons of logging points in ceizak, no harvesting points though.

My post above goes for this too, it took me ages to finish that raptor quest, but found two harvesting points close together near the NW of the map, amidst a bunch of raptors.
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-03-31 20:29:12
Link | Citer | R

Soooo i was told that gear drops from mobs in salvage now instead of just NMs, is that both salvage or only neo salvage?
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2013-03-31 21:38:36
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Feisei said: »
Soooo i was told that gear drops from mobs in salvage now instead of just NMs, is that both salvage or only neo salvage?

been doing reg salvage the past 3 nights, drops are sooper easy now. mobs from ramparts drop 35s now, got my usu 35 feet finally -.-; 2/3 gonna do the 15's tonight lol.

its like a 15~30% droprate now, you should never have to do more than 1 run for a 35 piece. we usually get enough to drop that every1 can lot one lol. (only 3 of us)
 Fenrir.Schutz
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2013-04-01 00:16:39
Link | Citer | R

Do you guys get an in-game chat log notice when Rune Enchantment wears off? Is it a chat-filter-setting thing, a known issue on patch notes I didn't catch, or am I just not looking closely enough to see it?
 Phoenix.Icemn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-04-01 01:55:43
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Icemn said: »
According to the NPC I have level 3 fame in Adoulin now, why can't I start the quest "Meg-alomaniac"? D:

Bump
 Siren.Kyte
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2013-04-01 01:58:46
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Schutz said: »
Do you guys get an in-game chat log notice when Rune Enchantment wears off? Is it a chat-filter-setting thing, a known issue on patch notes I didn't catch, or am I just not looking closely enough to see it?

Much like automaton maneuvers, there's no message.
[+]
 Bismarck.Xurion
user: Xurion
By Bismarck.Xurion 2013-04-01 08:50:31
Link | Citer | R

I've been trying to set up an easy-to-use key binding system for my BST. Ultimately I want to be able to just press the A key and have my pet attack the current target.

I have been able to do this without any problems, apart from when I am typing in regular chat and I press the A key, it attempts to execute the bound command.

Any way around this? Or do I have to make all my keys CTRL+key?
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-04-01 16:03:08
Link | Citer | R

According to the NPC I have level 3 fame in Adoulin now, why can't I start the quest "Meg-alomaniac"? D:

Bump
My mule is having the same problem. It's done all the same quests as my main and Sav. For some reason it is unable to get the quest.
First Page 2 3 ... 172 173 174 ... 861 862 863