Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 171 172 173 ... 861 862 863
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2013-03-30 01:40:57
Link | Citer | R

You could also consider meriting Shijin Spiral if you have the room for it.
[+]
 Asura.Abriannah
Serveur: Asura
user: Abrianna
By Asura.Abriannah 2013-03-30 01:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Figure I'll try here..

Ever since I downloaded & Installed the new expansion pack and Windower4, I cannot play any other sound why the game is running.. I've looked through sound settings, tried to see if there were updates to my drivers, and.. honestly I'm just stuck!

Any suggestions would be appreciated. :)
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-03-30 04:02:45
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Odin.Calipso said: »
Does this (http://forums.windower.net/topic/11510-xi-view-v112-user-interface-2192012/) not work anymore, or am I just doing something horribly wrong?

2.05 is the latest.
Ty!

Also, not sure if this deserves a new topic or not but figured I'd ask here first.

Is anyone elses' <stnpc> <st> <stpc> broken? <stal> and <stpt> still work, but if I use any of the first three it just tries to use the ability/spell right away, though it still puts an arrow over their head :/.

Using windower 4, and a friend is having exactly the same problem so it's not just me.
 Ragnarok.Ravant
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ravant
By Ragnarok.Ravant 2013-03-30 06:30:52
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know why Guildwork isnt picking up my RUN levels? Ive logged in and out and flushed several times. My friends profile is showing his RUN leveling up and shows it as level 20 on his page and mine still shows level 0.

Im playing on windower4 if it means anything. Not sure if hes on 4 yet.
By Jetackuu 2013-03-30 06:51:25
Link | Citer | R

anyone have a picture of what the chocobo tshirt looks like?
 Shiva.Paulu
Serveur: Shiva
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-03-30 07:39:30
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Calipso said: »
Also, not sure if this deserves a new topic or not but figured I'd ask here first.

Is anyone elses' <stnpc> <st> <stpc> broken? <stal> and <stpt> still work, but if I use any of the first three it just tries to use the ability/spell right away, though it still puts an arrow over their head :/.

Using windower 4, and a friend is having exactly the same problem so it's not just me.

Yep, me too and one of my lsmates confirmed they are as well.
 Shiva.Paulu
user: Paulu
By Shiva.Paulu 2013-03-30 07:54:33
Link | Citer | R

Has anyone done Salvage II since the update?
I noticed mobs were taking considerably less damage from weaponskills. To the point where I couldn't kill the 3min chariot in AR2 in anywhere close to the time limit. Not sure if they buffed it or is this related to that defense update?
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
Serveur: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-30 09:57:17
Link | Citer | R

How do you make a video with windower4? I remember someone mentioned it's possible but I don't know how.
 Asura.Exaudis
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-03-30 10:10:33
Link | Citer | R

Use the command: video start <xres> <yres> <fps> <quality>
To stop it use: video stop
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 10:18:50
Link | Citer | R

What is dhalmel leather used for in SoA? Price spiked up to 24k per single piece on Odin -_-
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2013-03-30 10:22:20
Link | Citer | R

A quest to obtain one of the survival skills(it starts in Hennetiel, camp at entrance from Sih Gates).

Asura.Exaudis said: »
Thanks, any suggestions about fps and quality? I'm very nooby with such things.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-30 10:23:07
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
What is dhalmel leather used for in SoA? Price spiked up to 24k per single piece on Odin -_-

The quest to get the key item waterboarding, the quest is obtained in foret de henetiel (sp?)

The key item us used un certain places to travel across parts or water in some zones.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-30 10:25:38
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Paulu said: »
I noticed mobs were taking considerably less damage from weaponskills. To the point where I couldn't kill the 3min chariot in AR2 in anywhere close to the time limit. Not sure if they buffed it or is this related to that defense update?

I did AR2 last night and I've only noticed the bosses hitting a little bit harder (blu/war with cocoon) and the name of the last floor boss has changed.
[+]
 Asura.Exaudis
By Asura.Exaudis 2013-03-30 10:27:04
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Sehachan said: »
A quest to obtain one of the survival skills(it starts in Hennetiel, camp at entrance from Sih Gates).

Asura.Exaudis said: »
Thanks, any suggestions about fps and quality? I'm very nooby with such things.
Not too familiar with it, but it seems like 1 is the lowest quality, and higher numbers = higher quality. It's possible that I'm completely wrong, only messed around with it for a bit.

FPS is the framerate the video is recorded at. 30 is probably good enough, although you may want to go for 20 or 15 depending on how much it affects your performance.

Edit: After messing around with it again, I can't tell the difference between 1 quality and 5000 quality, and it seems you can set the quality to 0(which also looks the same). It claims that my framerate is suffering too much when I use the higher quality, so I suggest just using 0 or 1 unless you can tell the difference.
By fractalvoid 2013-03-30 12:45:26
Link | Citer | R

Need to update spellcast resources for new equipment to be recognized or am I just derpin? Thurandaut set not equipping D:
 Sylph.Agentblade
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Agentblade 2013-03-30 13:02:30
Link | Citer | R

where's the best place to farm beetles? I need lots of jaws.
 Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2013-03-30 13:03:59
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

I did AR2 last night and I've only noticed the bosses hitting a little bit harder (blu/war with cocoon) and the name of the last floor boss has changed.

Is cocoon really helping with the new def update? That went live this patch, right?
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-03-30 13:33:33
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Agentblade said: »
where's the best place to farm beetles? I need lots of jaws.

Clawer's Nest, Blazer Beetles, and Helm Beetles when all the Blazer's are dead.
 Bahamut.Bojack
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2013-03-30 14:02:26
Link | Citer | R

Anyone feel like the new Enmity adjustment isn't working as intended? lol.

I changed to 99 PLD last night to help a my GF get GEO spells (level 23). Afterwards we went Adoulin so she could pick up some spells in advance. I decided to check out Rala Waterways while we were there cause I haven't went in there yet. We walked a little and I aggro'd a Diremite. Tough, probably level 103-104. I was fighting that a little, it's HP was down to about 55-60%. She was still level 23 GEO but decided to play around. So she put Indi-Regen or Poison on, I forget which. Then she casted Paralyze on it. She pulled hate and died >,>...with 2 *** spells, after I had been hitting it for 35% of it's life. There was probably time for me to use Flash or something to pull it back to me, but I was too stunned to do anything.

I never really did much besides fighting. I did use Palisade, and I may have Cure IV'd myself once. It may be working 'as they intended' but what happened just seems really broken to me.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Sylph.Jrpg
user: ohnogc
By Sylph.Jrpg 2013-03-30 18:18:37
Link | Citer | R

Is there a way to get bayld from the mobs in reives, and if so, how?
 Phoenix.Icemn
Serveur: Phoenix
user: iceman159
By Phoenix.Icemn 2013-03-30 18:47:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Bojack said: »
Anyone feel like the new Enmity adjustment isn't working as intended? lol.

I changed to 99 PLD last night to help a my GF get GEO spells (level 23). Afterwards we went Adoulin so she could pick up some spells in advance. I decided to check out Rala Waterways while we were there cause I haven't went in there yet. We walked a little and I aggro'd a Diremite. Tough, probably level 103-104. I was fighting that a little, it's HP was down to about 55-60%. She was still level 23 GEO but decided to play around. So she put Indi-Regen or Poison on, I forget which. Then she casted Paralyze on it. She pulled hate and died >,>...with 2 *** spells, after I had been hitting it for 35% of it's life. There was probably time for me to use Flash or something to pull it back to me, but I was too stunned to do anything.

I never really did much besides fighting. I did use Palisade, and I may have Cure IV'd myself once. It may be working 'as they intended' but what happened just seems really broken to me.

Yeah it's been really easy for people to pull hate with simple cures, you REALLY need SA/TA now to have any hope. Started spamming TA + Exent last night on my DNC friend and the RDM healer stopped pulling hate
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-30 18:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
Fenrir.Leoheart said: »

Is cocoon really helping with the new def update? That went live this patch, right?

Supposedly, I tend to just use cocoon all the time anyway, but the khimaira (NQ boss) was hitting me around 70-90 with about 30% pdt equipped, but then it could crit me for anywhere between 200-300 damage.
 Fenrir.Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2013-03-30 18:51:29
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Jrpg said: »
Is there a way to get bayld from the mobs in reives, and if so, how?

You tend to get it when they die.
But there's instances where I don't get Bayld from killing a mob from 100%, but then there's times where all I do is attack the branch and get credit for a mob I haven't touched.
 Shiva.Gansito
user: Gansito
By Shiva.Gansito 2013-03-31 04:14:51
Link | Citer | R

what jobs are needed for meebles? how ewll geared do you have to be?
 Leviathan.Comeatmebro
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Rairin
By Leviathan.Comeatmebro 2013-03-31 04:16:53
Link | Citer | R

I don't think you get bayld for killing mobs. You get evaluated every 60 seconds, the upper cap of what you get is determined by damage done to root/rock/boss since last evaluation.

I've had best results just sleeping adds and zerging roots. Averaging over 20k bayld/hr atm 8boxing with a couple friends tagging along.
[+]
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-31 04:53:16
Link | Citer | R

Do Goblin Bounty Hunters have set areas of a zone for different levels? Or do they all pop with such a large level range?

"Otherwise, these mobs are roughly the same strength as mobs in their vicinity."

I found this line on the page, which leads me to think that they have different levels depending on what's around them.

Just looking at them as a potential exp mob while they repop so quick.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2013-03-31 04:57:28
Link | Citer | R

have seen some exceptions to that rule, like the ones in qufim. the ones on the shores there are higher lvl than the surrounding mobs by a pretty decent amount
 Cerberus.Diabolique
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Uchitoru
By Cerberus.Diabolique 2013-03-31 05:01:33
Link | Citer | R

Just going by my (now) crappy memory, I think the GBH at the pond in the middle of Qufim were always EP when doing worms there, but the ones roaming the coast were a much higher level.

Can't really confirm this now at all, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct. Not sure about other zones though since this is about the only place where they patrol an area other than some coastline.
edit: Should maybe refresh a little more often.
 Sylph.Hitetsu
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2013-03-31 05:10:35
Link | Citer | R

Much appreciated guys :D! Guess I'll take a looksee around and see if I can find something good.
First Page 2 3 ... 171 172 173 ... 861 862 863