Random Question Thread (FFXI Related)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » General » Random Question thread (FFXI related)
Random Question thread (FFXI related)
First Page 2 3 ... 168 169 170 ... 861 862 863
 Shiva.Trixan
Serveur: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: Trixan
By Shiva.Trixan 2013-03-25 23:58:39
Link | Citer | R

What is a good fishing rod to use besides lu shang or ebisu?
 Leviathan.Veltan
Serveur: Leviathan
user: kethrel
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-03-26 06:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Is there anyway to contact a GM while outside of the game? For some reason when I tried to enter Lower Jeuno, my game crashed and every time I tried to log in, it never completes the process. Am I just going to have to hop onto an alt to chat with them?
 Ragnarok.Sekundes
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Sekundes
By Ragnarok.Sekundes 2013-03-26 06:52:34
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Veltan said: »
Is there anyway to contact a GM while outside of the game? For some reason when I tried to enter Lower Jeuno, my game crashed and every time I tried to log in, it never completes the process. Am I just going to have to hop onto an alt to chat with them?
You might do a file check, a zone file could be corrupt.

I think you can call them from the service and support menu option in POL but I don't think they can really help you on this one since the issue is more than likely your game client.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2013-03-26 07:17:33
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Trixan said: »
What is a good fishing rod to use besides lu shang or ebisu?

Halcyon for small fish, carbon/mithran for larger fish. Each rod will break to certain fish (almost all fish 90+).

Leviathan.Veltan said: »

This has been happening quite a bit lately to many different people. I used to just log in on a mule and it would go away but now my char gets "lost in the zoneline" for up to 20 minutes......
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-03-26 07:32:33
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ashman said: »
Leviathan.Veltan said: »Is there anyway to contact a GM while outside of the game? For some reason when I tried to enter Lower Jeuno, my game crashed and every time I tried to log in, it never completes the process. Am I just going to have to hop onto an alt to chat with them?
This has been happening quite a bit lately to many different people. I used to just log in on a mule and it would go away but now my char gets "lost in the zoneline" for up to 20 minutes......

It was for 5 hours last night and still didn't resolve itself when I woke up this morning, I'll run the file-check and see if that fixes it.
 Odin.Ashira
Serveur: Odin
user: Ashira
By Odin.Ashira 2013-03-26 10:30:13
Link | Citer | R

Zone freeze happened to me last night going into Port as well, still not resolved this morning. Did a full on reinstall (had needed to anyway for other reasons, glad to be rid of the error I got when starting POL now.. but anyway)... did the file check also before the reinstall. Still not working.

Currently updating my game on my laptop to see if another machine will do anything differently. Le sigh.
 Odin.Ashira
By Odin.Ashira 2013-03-26 15:20:31
Link | Citer | R

@Veltan - I ended up having to have someone else log me in and move me and have to avoid the zone for now... might be something with my IP or something, trying from another machine did nothing, 2 full reinstalls didn't fix anything etc. Ugh.
 Asura.Isiolia
Serveur: Asura
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-03-26 15:36:32
Link | Citer | R

Is the other machine using the same basic setup as you have?

Years back I remember a handful of cases where people saw massively degraded performance in select zones (for me, it was Sky). It turned out that ZoneAlarm's antivirus (at least) didn't like the applicable music files for the zones and would jump into action if FFXI tried to access them.

Disabling that AV program, or disabling sound for FFXI would work around that issue. Couldn't say if that's the problem you're having, but maybe gives you another angle to try.
 Leviathan.Veltan
By Leviathan.Veltan 2013-03-26 15:41:06
Link | Citer | R

How do you allow FFXI to bypass your antivirus? I don't want to turn it off entirely, but I am Jones-ing.
 Asura.Isiolia
user: Isiolia
By Asura.Isiolia 2013-03-26 15:47:36
Link | Citer | R

Would depend on the program really. Sometimes you can direct it to ignore particular directories. More realistically, just turning it off to test probably won't hurt anything. Or, again, if it's similar to the problem I experienced, turning off sound for FFXI means it doesn't try to access the music files.

Probably a long shot in either case =P
 Bahamut.Feisei
Serveur: Bahamut
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-03-26 17:51:30
Link | Citer | R

Im farming my smithy's torque in ifrits cauldron. If i change the page(8) im on to another page, does it wipe my prowess's?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2013-03-26 17:57:05
Link | Citer | R

Thank you very much
 Odin.Ashira
By Odin.Ashira 2013-03-26 18:09:21
Link | Citer | R

I never had any issue until last night, and I had even been in and out of the zone a few times previously that day.

I have two different computers and two different AV on both, and one has no firewalls etc - and same issue on both. The email response SE sent suggested a bunch of ports to make sure I have configured properly, but I don't understand how it's an issue that just started happening now. :/ In any case, for now, just avoiding the zone... and will have to make someone else log on me and buy Cosmo-Cleanse when I need it. :(
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-03-26 23:15:11
Link | Citer | R

Is Pluviale still the best body piece for Alexander? I know SE mentioned something about needing 600 skill to cap the duration but is there an MP cap on the effect?
 Siren.Kunimatsu
Serveur: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2013-03-26 23:34:01
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »
Is Pluviale still the best body piece for Alexander? I know SE mentioned something about needing 600 skill to cap the duration but is there an MP cap on the effect?

At 99 you need 1188 MP or more for the full duration, so you don't need pluv at all unless for some reason you can't hit 1188 without it.

They said that they're making the duration based on skill and it would possibly be around 600 skill for full duration, but currently we're around 52* skill away from reaching that with a perfect skill set.
 Sylph.Dasanuffadat
By Sylph.Dasanuffadat 2013-03-26 23:37:20
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kunimatsu said: »
Sylph.Dasanuffadat said: »

At 99 you need 1188 MP or more for the full duration, so you don't need pluv at all unless for some reason you can't hit 1188 without it.

They said that they're making the duration based on skill and it would possibly be around 600 skill for full duration, but currently we're around 49 skill away from reaching that with a perfect skill set.

I thought the MP was for the potency? Sorry, been forever since I did anything but solo or VW proc on SMN so I've been out of the loop and now with changes coming tomorrow I'm like e.@

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Esdain
Serveur: Valefor
user: esdain
By Valefor.Esdain 2013-03-27 09:34:01
Link | Citer | R

I am holding off on buying either the FINAL FANTASY XI: SEEKERS OF ADOULIN [PC DOWNLOAD] or the FINAL FANTASY XI: ULTIMATE COLLECTION SEEKERS EDITION [PC DOWNLOAD] until I find out what the effect of "Ability to appreciate Gysahl Greens" effect is.

If someone has figured out this effect already or will soon know, could you please post about it for me? I've heard there is data in the files for a chocobo costume (like the equipment that makes a character look moogle-ish), but I don't know if that is what it will be or not. Perhaps it affects Chocobo Digging in some way?
 Ragnarok.Loughry
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-03-27 17:11:57
Link | Citer | R

Hello,

From the initial screen upon opening viewer, when I got to Check Files, I'm only given the options of checking PlayOnline Viewer or Tetra Master. Anyone know why Final Fantasy XI does not show up?

Thanks in adv.
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-03-27 17:17:49
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Loughry said: »
Hello,

From the initial screen upon opening viewer, when I got to Check Files, I'm only given the options of checking PlayOnline Viewer or Tetra Master. Anyone know why Final Fantasy XI does not show up?

Thanks in adv.
Is it a fresh install? You have to load the game once (to the update screen?) before FFXI is an option.
 Ragnarok.Loughry
user: Loughry
By Ragnarok.Loughry 2013-03-27 17:30:35
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Hello,

Thanks in adv.
Is it a fresh install? You have to load the game once (to the update screen?) before FFXI is an option.

I get past the Play button, and then it goes to try and do a Final Fantasy Check Version but fails due to Error code: POL-1160.

Is this the reason I don't have the option?
 Bahamut.Krizz
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2013-03-27 18:13:24
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Hello,

Thanks in adv.

I get past the Play button, and then it goes to try and do a Final Fantasy Check Version but fails due to Error code: POL-1160.

Is this the reason I don't have the option?
1160 is network congestion (if you weren't aware). Just keep clicking retry until it does the version check.
 Asura.Florian
user: Florian17
By Asura.Florian 2013-03-27 20:08:46
Link | Citer | R

Quick question on the Seekers of Adoulin XBOX360 version because I can't just buy and download the PC version and no store seems to have it in the store, but online order only. So do I really have to buy the 360 version online and have it shipped to a store in particular? or is there any major chains that have the disc copy actually on the shelves?
 Odin.Tsuneo
user: Tsuneo
By Odin.Tsuneo 2013-03-27 20:11:52
Link | Citer | R

You could always do Amazon. It would be shipped directly to you not a store.

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-XI-Seekers-Xbox-360/dp/B00B23MO9Y/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1364433292&sr=8-3&keywords=seekers+of+adoulin
 Asura.Florian
user: Florian17
By Asura.Florian 2013-03-27 20:34:54
Link | Citer | R

Thanks got it ordered, first time I'm in no rush to get in game the second its live lol. Was able to do amazon prime free trial so got to do free 2 day shipping :D
 Sylph.Chrisstreb
By Sylph.Chrisstreb 2013-03-27 20:38:48
Link | Citer | R

For the most part though for a Max Summoning Skill Build for Alexander + PD, this would probably be the set you're aiming for. (Mind you this was before any new potential gear from SoA is added)

ItemSet 293346
Marduks+1 isn't showing up in the tables, so thats why NQ is there, and Kirins is augmented for +Summoning Magic Skill. Even at that, you're only talking about 55-56 seconds with capped skill
 Odin.Calipso
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2013-03-27 20:39:17
Link | Citer | R

Anyone know what the hell would cause my animations to get all mixed up?

Instead of being idle, I'm stuck in the basic pose with my weapon on the ground. When I attack stuff, it has me running in place instead of attacking (though attack rounds are still going off).

My commas have been replaced by "S". So I have 4S010S867G :(

Don't think it's plugin related as I've restarted without any of the obvious ones that would cause this.
 Odin.Minefield
user: Minefield
By Odin.Minefield 2013-03-27 20:41:12
Link | Citer | R

Your S key seems to be neglected, so it is obviously starting to consume the rest of your keyboard, like a disease. And soon it will be whole once more like Agent Smith was to The Matrix.
[+]
 Garuda.Chanti
Serveur: Garuda
user: Chanti
By Garuda.Chanti 2013-03-27 20:46:39
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Calipso said: »
Anyone know what the hell would cause my animations to get all mixed up?

Instead of being idle, I'm stuck in the basic pose with my weapon on the ground. When I attack stuff, it has me running in place instead of attacking (though attack rounds are still going off).

My commas have been replaced by "S". So I have 4S010S867G :(

Don't think it's plugin related as I've restarted without any of the obvious ones that would cause this.

I had something similar long ago. At the time it was a driver thing. But I mean LOOOOONG ago.
First Page 2 3 ... 168 169 170 ... 861 862 863