[Suggestion] A Few Ideas To Enhance This Site

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » [Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
[Suggestion] A few ideas to enhance this site
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28
By Jetackuu 2020-07-02 15:36:27
Link | Citer | R

Pet stat searches would be nice, or just a "pet" checkbox, but I imagine that'd be messy.

Also: add crafting shield to searchables on player search :P
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-02 16:47:40
Link | Citer | R

Jetackuu said: »

Making it just another checkbox on player search would be an absolutely massive JOIN, and there is zero chance of it happening. (There's almost 3M characters registered, and 27M+ rows in the equipment table).

A separate crafting shield search is reasonable, though. Is that something people would actually use?
[+]
 Asura.Eiryl
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-02 16:52:20
Link | Citer | R

I kinda doubt it, but they've been clamoring for those juicy internet points for it to be counted as a rema.
 Carbuncle.Nynja
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: NynJa
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-02 17:42:56
Link | Citer | R

Rooks said: »
Carbuncle.Nynja said: »
Add ambuscade rewards as a currencies page.

Remove rare/ex from plasm page, and fix up rate. Everything is listed as dead slow on that page, but individual item page shows proper rate.

I took a stab at ambuscade rewards at one point, but they seemed to shift a lot. Are they stable? Is there a definitive list?

https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Ambuscade_Rewards#Items_Purchased_with_Hallmarks_and_Gallantry

For hallmarks, theyre always available. Gallantry rotates monthly:
Relic month 1 (currency / Marrow / Pluton)
Mythic/Ergon month 2 (Alex / Scoria / HPB / Beitetsu)
Empyrean month 3 (HMP / Riftdross/cinder / Riftboulder)
Relic month 4

Inclusion of the other items wouldnt be necessary as theyre all EX.

As far as the prices being stable, I dont believe the respective HM/Gal values have changed since day 1.
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-07-02 19:28:40
Link | Citer | R

Making it just another checkbox on player search would be an absolutely massive JOIN, and there is zero chance of it happening. (There's almost 3M characters registered, and 27M+ rows in the equipment table).

A separate crafting shield search is reasonable, though. Is that something people would actually use?
I mean it's just one of the largest searchable fields missing, but I get it, definitely not an easy thing to parse (I blame SE).

I know I've wanted to look for people who have one, I'd guess others have too.
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2020-07-02 19:49:10
Link | Citer | R

this site sucks! the only improvement would be to wipe the servers!

#boycottffxiah
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-02 20:11:01
Link | Citer | R

I know I've wanted to look for people who have one, I'd guess others have too.

By Jetackuu 2020-07-02 20:14:21
Link | Citer | R

, that doesn't seem to be on the player search field, now does it?
 Carbuncle.Nynja
By Carbuncle.Nynja 2020-07-02 21:18:09
Link | Citer | R

i dont get what the issue is? Whats the matter with searching the shield then clicking on list characters owned? You then get a list of characters who own said shield.

Isnt that your very request?
[+]
By Jetackuu 2020-07-02 21:28:24
Link | Citer | R

no
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-02 21:30:06
Link | Citer | R

, that doesn't seem to be on the player search field, now does it?

And for the reasons I spelled out, it won't be, not as part of a grander set of filters anyway.

i dont get what the issue is? Whats the matter with searching the shield then clicking on list characters owned? You then get a list of characters who own said shield.

Yeah, I don't get it. That link is exactly what you're asking for, it's just in a different place. If I added something to the player search page it would just be this link, and it wouldn't have any other filters anyway. It's exactly the functionality you want.
By Jetackuu 2020-07-02 21:37:12
Link | Citer | R

And for the reasons I spelled out, it won't be, not as part of a grander set of filters anyway.
I'm sorry, I misread your post and conflated the two statements I made, as I never said anything about a checkbox on player search directly.

Except it isn't, but I"ll take it offline as I don't have the patience for the peanut gallery.
 Bismarck.Josiahflaming
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Josiahafk
By Bismarck.Josiahflaming 2020-07-02 21:37:53
Link | Citer | R

Unrelated The RMEA links seem to be vague Rooks, have you noticed?

1. I search claustrum
2. I click the afterglow 119 version, seeing I’m still the only one on my server and gives a useless snowflake boost
3. I click my name on that item page, bringing me to my profile
4. I click on the claustrum on my page and it brings me to the base version with a trillion mages making it, never showing the true snowflakiness.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-02 21:38:29
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

1. I search claustrum
2. I click the afterglow 119 version, seeing I’m still the only one on my server and gives a useless snowflake boost
4. I click on the claustrum on my page and it brings me to the base version with a trillion mages making it, never showing the true snowflakiness.

All of the relic handling needs to be cleaned up so badly. It was written for a world with like, 15 possible relics, and they were rare in any case. The fact that the system has held up as well as it has is a testament to His Scraggness™, but it needs some real changes.
By ashcrow 2020-07-03 02:11:14
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Josiahflaming said: »

1. I search claustrum

All of the relic handling needs to be cleaned up so badly. It was written for a world with like, 15 possible relics, and they were rare in any case. The fact that the system has held up as well as it has is a testament to His Scraggness™, but it needs some real changes.

99 0chain is bugged some people who have the 90 version says its 99! i want to feel special about mine k thx bye,
[+]
By Draylo 2020-07-03 02:15:46
Link | Citer | R

Well this had a listing:

https://www.ffxiah.com/item/19963/tizona

Not anymore :(

I was an owner!
[+]
 Asura.Carrotchan
Leonardo da Clippi
By Asura.Carrotchan 2020-07-03 07:19:54
Link | Citer | R

Changing MSpaint badge, red green and yellow paints?! Doesn't make no sense! Red + yellow doesn't make green, red blue and yellow are primaries, what's going on?! /riot
[+]
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-03 07:37:49
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Carrotchan said: »
Changing MSpaint badge, red green and yellow paints?! Doesn't make no sense! Red + yellow doesn't make green, red blue and yellow are primaries, what's going on?! /riot

It's literally the icon for MS Paint. I don't work for Microsoft, take that up with them.
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-08 02:49:55
Link | Citer | R

I sugest opening a new subforum in “Endgame” just for Ambuscade.

Then we could gather all Ambuscade threads and throw there
[+]
 Asura.Sechs
user: Akumasama
By Asura.Sechs 2020-07-08 02:52:39
Link | Citer | R

Good idea!
Who's gonna make a list of the links to threads for each Ambu though?
 Asura.Eiryl
user: Eiryl
By Asura.Eiryl 2020-07-08 02:54:11
Link | Citer | R

Don't really need that, just grab everything titled "ambuscade" and move it to a new subsection

Most of the "endgame" section is ambuscade threads anyway
 Siren.Soverance
Serveur: Siren
user: Galactus
By Siren.Soverance 2020-07-16 19:12:18
Link | Citer | R

May have already been discussed...

but what about improved data insight tools? I'd like the ability to create user-defined dashboards that can display or aggregate data about certain items or crafts. Think web-based business intelligence applications like Tableau or Power BI, and you pretty much can see what I envision.

I'm thinking about being able to build custom dashboards that can answer questions relevant to me, such as:

• What are the top X fastest selling items on my server.

• What are the top X most profitable items on my server.

• Out of all the items craftable by {class @ level}, which ones are most commonly sold?

• Out of all the items craftable by {class @ level}, which ones are most profitable?

A lot of this data is already available right here on the site, but gaining these specific insights is difficult. As far as I'm aware, getting current insights like that has always required manual aggregation of the relevant items (like into a spreadsheet...) and manual updates over time (gross).

Giving the users a tool to create custom dashboards that can display such insights would be simply invaluable. I find it hard to believe this hasn't been suggested before, so I assume there must be some other reason for the absence of such a feature.

Either way, it would be very cool!
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-07-18 11:12:12
Link | Citer | R

I think having comments on linkshell pages like there are on personal pages would be cool :)
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-22 07:23:57
Link | Citer | R

Pantafernando said: »
I sugest opening a new subforum in “Endgame” just for Ambuscade.

Then we could gather all Ambuscade threads and throw there

Btw im not sure if commented anywhere but indeed now we got an ambuscade subforum with all ambuscade topics already moved there.

Thanks rooks, easy to look now.

Mammol Ja ambuscade next month
[+]
By Pantafernando 2020-07-22 07:26:27
Link | Citer | R

Later i will see if i can make a topic to be stickied, with some index so we its easier to find the correct ambuscade topic, as just mentioning which month is the thread isnt immediately related to which mob is being killed
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-22 07:34:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Negan said: »
I think having comments on linkshell pages like there are on personal pages would be cool :)

That's a bigger lift than it seems like it should be, but if people really want it, +1 Negan's post and if there's enough interest I'll do it.

Pantafernando said: »
Thanks rooks, easy to look now.

\o/

Siren.Soverance said: »
May have already been discussed...

but what about improved data insight tools? I'd like the ability to create user-defined dashboards that can display or aggregate data about certain items or crafts. Think web-based business intelligence applications like Tableau or Power BI, and you pretty much can see what I envision.

I'm thinking about being able to build custom dashboards that can answer questions relevant to me, such as:

• What are the top X fastest selling items on my server.

• What are the top X most profitable items on my server.

• Out of all the items craftable by {class @ level}, which ones are most commonly sold?

• Out of all the items craftable by {class @ level}, which ones are most profitable?

A lot of this data is already available right here on the site, but gaining these specific insights is difficult. As far as I'm aware, getting current insights like that has always required manual aggregation of the relevant items (like into a spreadsheet...) and manual updates over time (gross).

Giving the users a tool to create custom dashboards that can display such insights would be simply invaluable. I find it hard to believe this hasn't been suggested before, so I assume there must be some other reason for the absence of such a feature.

Either way, it would be very cool!

While I'm not opposed to any of this, there's some problems:

• A lot of the existing metrics are actually calculated by the scraper itself, which I don't have access to. I'd have to duplicate a lot of that logic in order to make changes or additions

• Any tool that's going to be useful at all is going to be computationally expensive. One or two people running a bunch of reports wouldn't be a big deal, but a dozen? Three dozen? A hundred?

• What some people find useful isn't going to be what others find useful, which is going to mean either writing something a big swath of people don't get value out of, or letting people do whatever and essentially implementing Excel

• Some of the things you want (specifically the crafting bits) require data that the system doesn't have and can't be data mined, which means there's going to be a big manual data collection phase

This isn't a "no", but I'd have to think of a way to do this that isn't a disaster before I spend a bunch of time on it.
 Bahamut.Negan
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Negan
By Bahamut.Negan 2020-07-22 07:45:54
Link | Citer | R

That's a bigger lift than it seems like it should be

Awww nvm, I was thinking it would be easy-ish. Not important! xD
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-22 07:56:30
Link | Citer | R

Seems like the Gil to ambu point ratios under rewards isn't workingderp, and may I suggest it use stack prices to determine vs. singles. Also, maybe what a full cash out would be in Gil for current prices could be kinda cool.
Administrator
By Rooks 2020-07-22 08:19:40
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
may I suggest it use stack prices to determine vs. singles

That's already on the list, KN suggested it.

Leviathan.Draugo said: »
Also, maybe what a full cash out would be in Gil for current prices could be kinda cool.

Sure, that's not hard.
[+]
 Leviathan.Draugo
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Draugo 2020-07-22 08:33:39
Link | Citer | R

On that note, something also cool, how much Gil to make each rema, excluding rare ex, but just the sellable stuff, a break down per weapon could be cool, also make for an easy access quick list to pull up.

Could take it a step further, do materials cost for the 3 JSEs to take to various stages.

If you follow what I'm saying.

Could be a few layers.

Jobs > list the 15 of each job with overall cost per item > click an item, takes you to that item's AH pages, with a cost break down per stage to max it out.

Weapons > list each one out with overall cost > click one, lists a table again of each stage's cost.
First Page 2 3 ... 26 27 28