k.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-08 23:14:43
Link | Citer | R

God, they try to make it sound like its not their fault.

They still took the job, they had the choice....

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-08 23:22:13
Link | Citer | R

Or please respect them for doing their job?

WTF, why should I respect them for ruining my game?

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
Serveur: Garuda
user: Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-08 23:27:13
Link | Citer | R

As long as people are willing to pay for currency RMT will exists. Anyway all MMOs will eventually have their own "official RMT" implemented (like in F2P games). That business model is way better for MMO maker than the actual one, you pay a set monthly fee and that's it.

In b4 *** about effort, perseverance, work, accomplishment etc... Editors don't give a ***about this.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-08 23:29:06
Link | Citer | R

Celelove said:
Antipika said:
As long as people are willing to pay for currency RMT will exists.

I wouldn't had said it better myself.

Thats why banning the players who buy currency at the start helps.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-08 23:36:44
Link | Citer | R

Korpg said:
Celelove said:
Antipika said:
As long as people are willing to pay for currency RMT will exists.

I wouldn't had said it better myself.

Thats why banning the players who buy currency at the start helps.

Yeah, but that's a policy which cost money to those who run these MMO. You still play FF XI even if people are selling/buying money right ? So why would SE ban all gil buyers ? Less profit for SE and nothing change for you beside the fact that you'll feel happier but that doesn't help SE making more money :d

Instead of this, what we seeing are editors making their own legit RMT, offering currency and items to players in exchange of real money. Making it safe/secure for everyone. Sega just did this on Phantasy Star Universe (on JP server for now). People can buy items/bonus etc... with real money. Before that, SEGA had the same policy as SE or Blizzard, profit made on monthly fee only. RMT was prohibited.

I'm not saying that's good or bad, not like I care to be honest, but we're gonna see more and more MMO using this business model in the future. The hardcore gamer playing 8hr/day and paying only $10~15 a month = worst customer EVER for any company. You don't want these kind of players on your game if you wanna make money. You'd rather have casual gamers playing <20hr a week and buying $50 of items/currency from time to time :)

Quote:
Oh, you are from France Antipika. hmm.. bonjour

Bonjour :d
 Carbuncle.Zanno
Serveur: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-08 23:39:30
Link | Citer | R

the moment SE starts selling gil/gear for real money I'll close my account for good and go back to playing offline games -.-
[+]
 Fenrir.Alijah
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-08 23:42:28
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
the moment SE starts selling gil/gear for real money I'll close my account for good and go back to playing offline games -.-

Tidal Talisman
[+]
 Kujata.Hrolandus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Hrolandus
By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-05-08 23:43:15
Link | Citer | R

Video at 3:26 9 Billion - yeah... its not going anywhere
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-08 23:47:51
Link | Citer | R

Rowland said:
@1:36 People purchase gold/gil for Hundreds of Millions of dollars a year.

Because ppl are stupid/lazy. I honestly cant see how ppl that buy gil can think of themselves as have accomplished anything. But I guess its the same ppl that never gone through an offline game without having a walkthrough in their lap, or using cheat codes or w/e.

"I'm so awsome, I cleared this game without thinking for myself and with infinite lives. Yay me!"
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-08 23:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Alijah said:
Zanno said:

Tidal Talisman

dont have it.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-08 23:49:25
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:

They wouldn't do this on a 6 years old MMO, would makes no sense at all. However look at SE next MMO, Concerto Gate. Free2play with item shop (which is basically "official RMT").
 Fenrir.Alijah
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Alijah
By Fenrir.Alijah 2009-05-08 23:50:49
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
Alijah said:
Zanno said:

Tidal Talisman

dont have it.

I dont have it either, was just making a point that SE did, at some point, offer you gear in exchange for money. Sure, they tacked on a necklace, or w/e they were selling along with it. But most people wanted the coat.
 Garuda.Antipika
By Garuda.Antipika 2009-05-08 23:54:58
Link | Citer | R

Alijah said:
Zanno said:
Alijah said:
Zanno said:

Tidal Talisman

dont have it.

I dont have it either, was just making a point that SE did, at some point, offer you gear in exchange for money. Sure, they tacked on a necklace, or w/e they were selling along with it. But most people wanted the coat.

SE is doing this daily :

-Mules : the more mules, the more gardening, the more gil profit.
-Dual box : make gils almost twice faster when you have 2 char, can "solo" lot of things too
-Server transfer : Buy there, sell back there. Easy gils profit, as long as you pay $29.99 several time.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-09 00:05:30
Link | Citer | R

Antipika said:
Alijah said:
Zanno said:
Alijah said:
Zanno said:

Tidal Talisman

dont have it.

SE is doing this daily :

-Mules : the more mules, the more gardening, the more gil profit.
-Dual box : make gils almost twice faster when you have 2 char, can "solo" lot of things too
-Server transfer : Buy there, sell back there. Easy gils profit, as long as you pay $29.99 several time.

its really not the same that SE gives you the option to have additional chars for $1 per months as if they would send you POL mails saying

"x-tra low price on gil over the holidays 10 mil for only $99.99, why not buy a shura tog togi +1 while you're at it, only $45.99 for a limited period. Save $ by buying them together 10 mil and shura togi +1 for a whopping $129.99"
 Asura.Ludoggy
user: Ludog
By Asura.Ludoggy 2009-05-09 00:06:59
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:

its really not the same that SE gives you the option to have additional chars for $1 per months as if they would send you POL mails saying

"x-tra low price on gil over the holidays 10 mil for only $99.99, why not buy a shura tog togi +1 while you're at it, only $45.99 for a limited period. Save $ by buying them together 10 mil and shura togi +1 for a whopping $129.99"

all those F2P mmo's send that annoying *** <.>
 Kujata.Hrolandus
Serveur: Kujata
user: Hrolandus
By Kujata.Hrolandus 2009-05-09 00:13:11
Link | Citer | R

I hate how these douchie pretend reporter types like MTV, who are dying to be taken seriously, clamor to show us how "bad off" these "poor Chinese" are. If the groups like that grinning flap-jack hat guy that's in charge of Gold Farmers Inc. or whatever its called would apply a little ingenuity to creating a real business in China instead of taking advantage of the grist and greed of lazy Westerners maybe he could provide meaningful employment to these youths. Instead, they opine and whine of being taken advantage of by those big ol' mean western companies like IGE, who MTV bends over backwards, stretching to the uttermost to the breaking point to let us know is the real bad guy... I'm sorry, there isn't a white hat in the whole saloon, everyone's a villain here; the real bad guys are the people that buy, the people that sell, the people that broker, and the people that don't sue IGE (points at SE) an American company, for copyright infringement on virtual goods (which is doable), and the gigantic mega-douches like MTV that cater to this kind of a moronic tripe piece.
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-09 00:34:03
Link | Citer | R

Hrolandus said:
I hate how these douchie pretend reporter types like MTV, who are dying to be taken seriously, clamor to show us how "bad off" these "poor Chinese" are. If the groups like that grinning flap-jack hat guy that's in charge of Gold Farmers Inc. or whatever its called would apply a little ingenuity to creating a real business in China instead of taking advantage of the grist and greed of lazy Westerners maybe he could provide meaningful employment to these youths. Instead, they opine and whine of being taken advantage of by those big ol' mean western companies like IGE, who MTV bends over backwards, stretching to the uttermost to the breaking point to let us know is the real bad guy... I'm sorry, there isn't a white hat in the whole saloon, everyone's a villain here; the real bad guys are the people that buy, the people that sell, the people that broker, and the people that don't sue IGE (points at SE) an American company, for copyright infringement on virtual goods (which is doable), and the gigantic mega-douches like MTV that cater to this kind of a moronic tripe piece.

So agreed
 Lakshmi.Primemas
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: primemas
By Lakshmi.Primemas 2009-05-09 01:55:21
Link | Citer | R

God I hate MTV sooo much...The Hills have you seen it? Yea nothing to do about ummm lets see MUSIC. Then again does anything have to do with music on that channel anymore. It's sad because not matter what they will have the same format. I feel that people are getting dumber every generation because of the programing content on MTV and BET. B.E.T. Black Evil Television lol
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-09 02:04:02
Link | Citer | R

hehe its funny how MTV used to be short for "Music TeleVision", wth does it stand for these days?

god, I'm getting old -.-
[+]
 Lakshmi.Primemas
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: primemas
By Lakshmi.Primemas 2009-05-09 02:05:52
Link | Citer | R

They dont even know anymore...
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-05-09 02:07:02
Link | Citer | R

Zanno said:
hehe its funny how MTV used to be short for "Music TeleVision", wth does it stand for these days?

god, I'm getting old -.-

I remember when MTV actually played music videos 24/7
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2009-05-09 02:10:25
Link | Citer | R

hehe yea good old days.

Again, i feel sooo old D:
[+]