Forum » FFXI » Endgame » Dynamis » Dynamis FAQ
Dynamis FAQ
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-09 12:42:27
Link | Citer | R

I have a coworker making me a dynamis parser. Something that will tell me how many mobs were killed, how many were staggered, and how much currency we received. I want to track the differences between mob routines, job setups, etc. better.
[+]
 Fenrir.Hanabira
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Hanabira 2012-02-09 12:44:20
Link | Citer | R

that would be awesome
By Xcloud 2012-02-09 13:04:48
Link | Citer | R

just curious if there has been any final word on spikes counting as magic procs. I swear i saw it in a forum somewhere and i cant find it again.
[+]
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-09 13:21:09
Link | Citer | R

Xcloud said: »
just curious if there has been any final word on spikes counting as magic procs. I swear i saw it in a forum somewhere and i cant find it again.
Mixed reports. Haven't tested it personally. Still haven't gone back to BG to see what the last word there was.
 Ragnarok.Ruklin
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ruklin
By Ragnarok.Ruklin 2012-02-09 13:34:42
Link | Citer | R

Perhaps I missed this being mentioned, but I've only ever witnessed white proc's from JA proc cycles. Not once have I seen a white proc by WS or Magic. Has there been any consensus about whether or not WS and Magic can even proc white since the nerf of AoE ws proc's?
 Quetzalcoatl.Dova
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: dova
By Quetzalcoatl.Dova 2012-02-09 13:36:02
Link | Citer | R

I know what you are talking about someone posted somewhere about /rdm and spikes/enspell but I think they were trolling cause that would be something people would know about by now or at least hope so
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-09 13:40:08
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Ruklin said: »
Perhaps I missed this being mentioned, but I've only ever witnessed white proc's from JA proc cycles. Not once have I seen a white proc by WS or Magic. Has there been any consensus about whether or not WS and Magic can even proc white since the nerf of AoE ws proc's?
I've seen white proc on WS as well.
 Fenrir.Demomo
user: Skyline
By Fenrir.Demomo 2012-02-09 13:44:44
Link | Citer | R

I toy around with pld/dnc + whm mule a lot in dynamis when I need to focus one coin. AoE still can work but it's a lot of work, and lately I've preferred bst/dnc dnc/nadda whm mule. The trick to AoE is claiming multiple mobs from what I've noticed, and the system I have down is pull a reasonable amount of mobs, you don't want them to cluster up like abyssea cleaving as it becomes tedious to keep track of what has been proc'd. I generally aim to pull 6~ mobs at a time. After first aeolian, my whm mule will claim a 2nd mob. Right before my 2nd ws, I claim a different mob from mule so there's a brief moment where I have 3 mobs claimed, and Aeolian a different yellow mob. I see 4 staggers at once quite frequently, with the random extra 2~ mobs not being claimed/targeted occasionally staggering. It does work well, but sometimes its just too much work to bother with, and the hassle of switching weapons to increase kill speed gets annoying after awhile. Magic procs are done the same way basically, and you can occasionally get 3-4 staggers at once, but its much more infrequent. The nice part about this is, I'll generally have the entire mob family cleared out when JA proc time comes up, which makes most beastmasters turn and run for another mob assuming they're all cleared out already. It's no where near the level of awesome aoe was prenerf, but it does work.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-02-09 13:47:22
Link | Citer | R

I'm not sure this was answered already, but can zone bosses such as AB in Dyna Bubu drop 100 pieces? I've been killing that NM every couple runs or so and managed to proc him on a few occasions but never got a 100 off him.
 Fenrir.Loraley
user: Ryuchan
By Fenrir.Loraley 2012-02-09 13:52:48
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Sheelay said: »
I'm not sure this was answered already, but can zone bosses such as AB in Dyna Bubu drop 100 pieces? I've been killing that NM every couple runs or so and managed to proc him on a few occasions but never got a 100 off him.

I'm pretty sure the Arch MB's can drop 100s. Without checking the parse I can't be 100% sure, but I'm about 90% sure on our last Bastok run we got a 100 byne off the AMB. I believe all of them can drop 100s, but that it's rare.
 Odin.Sheelay
Serveur: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2012-02-09 13:56:34
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Loraley said: »
Odin.Sheelay said: »

I'm pretty sure the Arch MB's can drop 100s. Without checking the parse I can't be 100% sure, but I'm about 90% sure on our last Bastok run we got a 100 byne off the AMB. I believe all of them can drop 100s, but that it's rare.

Ok, thanks. I'll keep trying then and make sure to leave a comment if I do get a 100 off one of them (hopefully).
 Bahamut.Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-02-17 11:46:40
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Krizz said: »
I have a coworker making me a dynamis parser. Something that will tell me how many mobs were killed, how many were staggered, and how much currency we received. I want to track the differences between mob routines, job setups, etc. better.
It only took him 8 days (less than an hour of work...) to get it back to me. Damn developers.

Here is the rough output generated by one of my Dynamis parses. I took the windower log file, cropped it to the entry/exit of dynamis, and ran it through the parser.
So based off that run, I can say we staggered 77.5% of the enemies, and averaged ~2.07 drops per mob (including relic/forgotten).
 Ragnarok.Arcalimo
user: arcalimo
By Ragnarok.Arcalimo 2012-02-18 10:22:52
Link | Citer | R

Quetzalcoatl.Dova said: »
I know what you are talking about someone posted somewhere about /rdm and spikes/enspell but I think they were trolling cause that would be something people would know about by now or at least hope so

I just went to test it now pld/rdm and whm mule.
Not a single proc with spikes or enspell, had to proc em all with dia or flash. Tried on both beastmens and nightmare mobs and it was the same.
Ended with a few more than 60 coins only, waste of dyna but at least can confirm this now <.<
 Fenrir.Kelyn
user: Yummee
By Fenrir.Kelyn 2012-02-22 18:55:53
Link | Citer | R

Just did a run bringing a dual box toon as a Drg/Dnc w/ a quint spear.

I could use Restore Breath for 900+ cure every 60 secs. Never had to waste any TP on cures with healing waltz.

Used typical /Dnc JA procs, and add to it Jump, High Jump, Smiting Breath, and Angon. The extra JA really helps when you have that one bugger that will not trigger, or simply for faster triggers and kills.

For city runs I used a Thf/Dnc and Drg/Sch. The Drg can proc WS, Magic, and JA. It can also heal, sleep enemies when necessary, and use sublimation to keep MP up, re-raise and raise.

There maybe better job choices for some, but this 2 man setup works well.
[+]
 Sylph.Malizia
Serveur: Sylph
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2012-02-29 18:45:04
Link | Citer | R

I've done two solo runs so far, in Qufim (EP tigers, snolls, rocs, gobbies, and diremites) and Beaucedine (EP ravens, mandies, bunnies, and crabs). I'm going THF/DNC with TH5+, since I'm not using a Thief's Knife. I haven't seen a single Forgotten drop. Is this to be expected? How many of these do people get per run against EP mobs? Oh, and I'm averaging 150 currency per run, to get an idea of my kill speed.
 Cerberus.Tikal
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-02-29 18:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Sylph.Malizia said: »
Beaucedine (EP ravens, mandies, bunnies, and crabs)
What?

Forgottens are random. I've gotten 15 solo before, and 0 solo.
 Sylph.Malizia
user: Malizia
By Sylph.Malizia 2012-02-29 18:55:43
Link | Citer | R

whoops, I meant Buburimu ><

I guess I'll keep trying then, eventually I'll get something.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [131 days between previous and next post]
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
Serveur: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2012-07-09 16:37:54
Link | Citer | R

Sorry, I have a quick question. For white procs to occur you can not unlock your support job? Is that correct or did I miss-interpret what I read. This would be very helpful. Hopefully someone responds.
 Cerberus.Pleebo
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Pleebo
By Cerberus.Pleebo 2012-07-09 16:50:02
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Therealchibo said: »
Sorry, I have a quick question. For white procs to occur you can not unlock your support job? Is that correct or did I miss-interpret what I read. This would be very helpful. Hopefully someone responds.
That's correct. If your sub is locked, you can proc white.
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2012-07-10 15:59:19
Link | Citer | R

Thanks. My cousin is going to enter Dynamis today and see if we can proc a white proc
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-10 16:04:16
Link | Citer | R

Thanks. My cousin is going to enter Dynamis today and see if we can proc a white proc

go about 5 times, then you will
By Foxfire 2012-07-16 12:42:01
Link | Citer | R

Keep in mind, only the proc'er needs to be locked.
 Ifrit.Therealchibo
By Ifrit.Therealchibo 2012-07-17 15:42:15
Link | Citer | R

Hey thank for the tip. My cousin was on Dancer but we didn't get a proc but it still kept us killing faster and proc'ing faster to see a white proc. No white proc yet. :/
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2012-07-17 15:43:54
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
go about 5 times, then you will
[+]
 Ragnarok.Hotkarl
user: hotkarl
By Ragnarok.Hotkarl 2012-07-19 01:05:34
Link | Citer | R

Anybody know if moon phase effects drops? I've had a simply horrid run for a second time where FF has not gotten over 1 drop and my thf friend(TH6, not using dagger) has not gotten more then 2 drops per mob all with staggers. I almost threw my laptop at the wall after the run today, anybody else have runs that bad? This last run we net about 50% of what I normally get solo /rage. Just curious if it's only me.
By Peldin 2012-07-31 10:32:07
Link | Citer | R

Trying to decide best setup for my friend and I.
I go as MNK/DNC. (yes I have Tarutaru sash with TH)
I box a BRD/WHM. He boxes a WHM/SCH.

What should he go as?

THF/DNC - TH8 instead of TH1?
DNC/THF - TH2 instead of TH1?
DNC/WAR - stay with TH1 but do more damage and have an extra proc

DNC/none just seems to be really bad damage for DC mobs and we all know how flakey white procs can be. What do you guys think?
 Phoenix.Elspetta
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Elspetta
By Phoenix.Elspetta 2012-07-31 11:02:19
Link | Citer | R

Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
Anybody know if moon phase effects drops? I've had a simply horrid run for a second time where FF has not gotten over 1 drop and my thf friend(TH6, not using dagger) has not gotten more then 2 drops per mob all with staggers. I almost threw my laptop at the wall after the run today, anybody else have runs that bad? This last run we net about 50% of what I normally get solo /rage. Just curious if it's only me.
No idea if moon phase has anything to do with it, but sometimes shitty luck is just shitty luck. We have had a few runs like that (me TH6 and duo partner) and it is aggravating as hell when you are killing everything quick, no competition, and you come out with a coin count that makes you go WTF?!?
 Sylph.Krsone
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2012-07-31 11:08:18
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Elspetta said: »
Ragnarok.Hotkarl said: »
No idea if moon phase has anything to do with it, but sometimes shitty luck is just shitty luck. We have had a few runs like that (me TH6 and duo partner) and it is aggravating as hell when you are killing everything quick, no competition, and you come out with a coin count that makes you go WTF?!?

Ive gotten 60-70 bills between 0:00 and 8:00 with competition and what felt like slow kills but I assume all dropped 3-4 coins per mob. Other times im killing and procing fast with no one around and I get like 30. Between 30-60 coins for each camp change, but alot of the time its one of this extreme or the other. So I feel your pain, I often run to the next camp after 30coins in 20mins thinking at this rate its gonna be less than 180 coins for whole run, 60 of each but the next time at the same camp it jumps to 60ish, with about 90ish total of each.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [177 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Peldin
By Sylph.Peldin 2013-01-24 13:55:15
Link | Citer | R

For anyone who cares, I've run an extensive amount of dynamis as BLU/DNC and as DNC/THF with my BRD/WHM mule. Just today I did a run as THF/DNC which I haven't done in at least 6 months.

-As BLU/DNC, I basically could never get to 400 coins but I was normally well above 350.

-As DNC/THF, I started off doing worse than BLU because I kept messing up and dying to stuff, but as I got better about using my BRD to sleep adds, I can now regularly get over 400 coins with my best being 460ish

-As THF/DNC, it seemed like I killed slower than DNC/THF, but I net 474 on my first run.

A few conclusions:
1) Either the higher level of TH really did help make up the difference in kill speed, or my DNC/THF isn't killing as fast as I thought due to using a lot more JA's. I'm not sure which.
2) BLU/DNC is extremely good solo, but doesn't seem to do as well with a BRD mule as the other two jobs.
3) SA/Exenterator on DNC/THF could get up to 3.8k and would fairly often be over 3k. With Wild Flourish giving me 1.1k - 1.8k scission skillchains. I expected SA/Exenterator on THF/DNC to go over 4k but it wasn't even close. TA/Exenterator wasn't overly impressive either. However, I think both may be due to a spellcast problem.
4) The loss of Wild Flourish definitely affected proc rate, however the added TH obviously rendered this a moot point.

For reference I listed gear sets:
 Asura.Eurewyen
Serveur: Asura
user: Tessy
By Asura.Eurewyen 2013-01-24 14:20:25
Link | Citer | R

@ Peldin,

Totaly agree, BLU is an great solo job in dynamis. And now when you mention DNC, well it is perfect in my eyes, and why, well can trigger faster en when having /dnc as sub. I also do Dynamis with an LS and a friend and when we duo dynamis we do THF/DNC and DNC/WAR and 1 RDM mule and 1 WHM mule if both dulebox, if not just one mule as minimum.

Your statment "I expected SA/Exenterator on THF/DNC to go over 4k but it wasn't even close. TA/Exenterator wasn't overly impressive either" I coulden't agree more, outside Abyssea I hardly ever see any dmg's that high, but again with all the store tp gain and freakluent ws's it keeps up pretty good on dmg overall atleast when dnc main. But I take it this was for thf main and dnc sub?

I know my friend do pretty neat dmg with his Mandau insid Dynamis, so he helps alot to speed things up in general :)

But if u need an SC that works I have one, just send me an PM saturday and I send it to you Peldin :)