Forum » FFXI » Jobs » White Mage » Stun Gear
Stun Gear
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-30 17:04:10
Link | Citer | R

Fail to see how that makes Stun more beneficial for a WHM to use, but whatevs. In any case I would fit in as much haste and fast cast as possible to minimize recast time
 Leviathan.Draylo
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2012-01-30 17:06:24
Link | Citer | R

The alternatives aren't exactly that much better, some fast cast from /sch? I know it's not for mp conservation because that is pretty lol. Stunning things like Tyrant tusk, annoying enfeebles like paralyzga, death, apademak, the list goes on.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
user: Gawdless
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-01-30 17:07:16
Link | Citer | R

Valefor.Prothescar said: »
Fail to see how that makes Stun more beneficial for a WHM to use, but whatevs. In any case I would fit in as much haste and fast cast as possible to minimize recast time

No one has said that it is more beneficial for whm to use stun. but in the one scenario that whm uses stun (duoing Apademak) it is more beneficial to have nin and whm than a nin and blm... and being able to stun him with the whm/blm is more beneficial than having it sub sch which is useless anyways.
 Fenrir.Divinian
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-01-30 17:08:51
Link | Citer | R

According to BGwiki:

1 Stat = 1 Magic Accuracy until dSTAT > 10 at which point 1 Stat = 0.5 Magic Accuracy .

I assume that an NM of the level of apdemak will have 10+ more INT then my whm (is that what dINT is?). So, doesn't this mean that INT is equal to Macc and since I have a much greater access to INT in many slots as whm, I should gear INT instead of Macc?
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-30 17:09:24
Link | Citer | R

With cruor buffs and Minikin, no.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-30 17:10:10
Link | Citer | R

When taking cruor buffs into account, I find it very unlikely that any NM in abyssea has higher stats than you.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-01-30 17:10:14
Link | Citer | R

Concerning recast: my whm has no problem with stun cool down timer on apademak at least. Each time he casts, stun is ready. This is why I am looking to finish off the gear set with acc.
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-01-30 17:11:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

I always fail to take that into account. So...I should substitute INT for Macc only when I can find gear that is double the magnitude of any other Macc peice available to me?
 Bahamut.Krizz
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Krizz
By Bahamut.Krizz 2012-01-30 17:12:23
Link | Citer | R

Don't turn this into a /blm vs /sch thread. Contribute or don't post.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-01-30 17:12:30
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Divinian said: »

I always fail to take that into account. So...I should substitute INT for Macc only when I can find gear that is double the magnitude of any other Macc peice available to me?
That's correct.
[+]
 Fenrir.Divinian
By Fenrir.Divinian 2012-01-30 17:13:52
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Divinian said: »

That's correct.

Thank you.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-01-30 17:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Josiahkf said: »
Bahamut.Krizz said: »
Don't turn this into a /blm vs /sch thread. Contribute or don't post.
true strike, whm/drk does give you quite a bit not just stun

ewww. lol

also OP can you post your current stun set? might help ppl give you some AH benefits. but a big one can be Praeco Doublet, jupiters staff /thunder grip.
By Eugene 2012-01-30 18:23:24
Link | Citer | R

Your priority for stun should be: macc of some sort until you can reliably not resist > haste / fast cast until you cap recast > macc of some sort. At third priority you can also work in whatever other stats you find beneficial, like mp pieces in non-essential slots to offset mp you might lose from trading out mp items for haste and first priority macc items.

Mostly listen to nightfyre.
 Phoenix.Bomber
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-01-30 19:18:14
Link | Citer | R

I think fast cast and haste should be the priority cruor buffs will give all the MACC you want and MM if you use that atma ..practice w/ Hedjetjet
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-01-30 19:30:33
Link | Citer | R

I agree, haste/fast cast should be number 1. W/ a Jupiter's staff you should be good. If you have any MACC gear that wont take up a haste/fastcast spot, then by all means.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2012-01-30 19:35:25
Link | Citer | R

If it is that big of an problem take out allure for matriarch atma. I almost always have more MP than I know what to do with on WHM.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-01-30 19:51:57
Link | Citer | R

or you can just get magic acc gear... just try to find some mag acc pieces with haste and such.
 Leviathan.Phenomena
By Leviathan.Phenomena 2012-01-30 19:56:57
Link | Citer | R

while we are on this topic of Mag acc/fast cast does the rubeus sets fast cast really +10% for the first two and an addition 10% for each thereafter? thats like 40% fast cast for the set..
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-01-30 20:20:24
Link | Citer | R

Doubt it. Ogier and Athos sets are both underwhelming compared to the numbers put out by whoever gave the first estimates, I expect Rubeus is no different.
By Eugene 2012-01-30 20:23:12
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Eyrhika said: »
I agree, haste/fast cast should be number 1. W/ a Jupiter's staff you should be good. If you have any MACC gear that wont take up a haste/fastcast spot, then by all means.

that's why it says until you can reliably not resist, if you can do that without gear, see 2.

Don't need to cap fastcast as its already a souper fast spell, should be easy to cap recast.
 Phoenix.Bomber
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Bomber
By Phoenix.Bomber 2012-01-30 20:29:28
Link | Citer | R

Doubt it. Ogier and Athos sets are both underwhelming compared to the numbers put out by whoever gave the first estimates, I expect Rubeus is no different.
Underwhelming? O.o How? Rubeus does have nice stats..some of it
By Eugene 2012-01-30 20:30:19
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Bomber said: »
The actual fastcast stats are far less than initial estimates.
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2012-02-01 10:09:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Bomber said: »
It's pretty bad for WHM. The only piece I intend to use are the pants for melee. There's not a single piece in the set that I want for mage activities. I suppose if I got the body or hands, I'd consider using them in my enfeebling set over Healer's Briault +1 / Cleric's Mitts +2, but they're a marginal improvement at best.
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2012-02-11 08:13:28
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if I'm beating a dead horse here, but some of the nashira pieces (More specifically the head and body, although all of them have a small amount of haste and macc on them) aren't terrible if you find yourself lacking anything for a slot, and have them kicking around in porter like a lot of people prolly do.
 Sylph.Icepick
Serveur: Sylph
user: IcepickD
By Sylph.Icepick 2012-02-15 03:04:17
Link | Citer | R

Another great piece for the situational WHM/BLM stunner is augur's gaiters. If I had to chose limited stun gear: Jupiter's staff, nashira manteel, and caecus grip too. I have yet to WHM/BLM on Apademak, but stun is crucial on it. (Don't forget Addle helps!)
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [1507 days between previous and next post]
By reiha 2016-04-01 15:03:02
Link | Citer | R

Hey hello everyone. I was wondering about the xsaeta 2. Does the staff have to be on while casting to receive the recast bonus or can it be swapped in post cast?
 Asura.Pergatory
Serveur: Asura
user: Pergatory
By Asura.Pergatory 2016-04-04 10:21:32
Link | Citer | R

If you're going to bump this ancient thread you should at least read it:

Stun is a thunder elemental spell... Xsaeta wouldn't do anything.

What you want is Apamajas, the thunder staff.

As for your question, the recast staff only needs to be equipped midcast (same as potency/macc gear). It doesn't need to be equipped before you start the cast.
 Odin.Vuq
Serveur: Odin
user: Delagyela
By Odin.Vuq 2016-04-04 12:16:34
Link | Citer | R

The staff wont be any good for cl119+ tho, you desperatly need that magic accuracy skill even at tojil. The marin staff+1 or chanters shield + nehushtan augemented with 4 or more fast cast is a good start for a weapon sub combo. The affinity from magian staves is outdated.