Game: FFXI
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-26 21:08:01
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
Kin37ix said: »
lol.
Care to disagree?

I thought it was a very constructive post.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-26 21:09:22
Link | Citer | R

No lol. You got Darks wearing windbuffet for Res now too. Excellent.
I really don't.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-26 21:10:49
Link | Citer | R

I really don't.

Meh only thing Windbuffet is good for on DRK is TPing in it /DRG with capped haste. Other than that it is pointless to weaponskill in.
By Narb 2012-05-26 21:11:17
Link | Citer | R

>_> I literally just unlocked resolution and thought it was a good belt for it, Austar hasn't got me using Windbuffet.
Either way thanks for the info yo.
[+]
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-26 22:45:02
Link | Citer | R

Short arms said: »

/facepalm is back!
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-29 07:29:18
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skarwind said: »
I really don't.

Meh only thing Windbuffet is good for on DRK is TPing in it /DRG with capped haste. Other than that it is pointless to weaponskill in.
Windbuffet is a great piece for TPing on Drk even when not /drg, not very many events do you actually need more than 13% haste in.
 Fenrir.Jinjo
VIP
user: Minjo
By Fenrir.Jinjo 2012-05-29 07:49:29
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
I really don't.

Windbuffet is a great piece for TPing on Drk even when not /drg, not very many events do you actually need more than 13% haste in.

This is misleading. I understand your point, but people aren't always capping magic haste.
 Bismarck.Hove
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Hove201
By Bismarck.Hove 2012-05-29 07:51:46
Link | Citer | R

Kin37ix vs Austar .... A rivalry reborn!!
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-29 07:57:12
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
This is misleading. I understand your point, but people aren't always capping magic haste.
Hence why I said "not very many events".
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-29 10:20:09
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Hove said: »
I wouldn't really call that a rivalry.

Side note to the above, I really don't see the appeal in /DRG. I can't think of any trades you can make to outweigh 10 DA and the trades would only be for TP, not WS. Jumps aren't worth enough to make up the difference.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-29 10:35:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Bismarck.Hove said: »
I wouldn't really call that a rivalry.

Side note to the above, I really don't see the appeal in /DRG. I can't think of any trades you can make to outweigh 10 DA and the trades would only be for TP, not WS. Jumps aren't worth enough to make up the difference.

Yeah /drg died way back when they added Hasso. (was good for Kclub zergs only after that) That comment came out of left field.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 11:59:25
Link | Citer | R

Works pretty well for me on weaker VWNMs, I never really get my *** beat in parses but if I notice I have an attack problem I would /WAR. But if I am getting Dual marches and COR buffs its gravy.

I use OaT by the way, so the 10 DA isn't as valuable as it would be say using a Rag. It also lets me swap some gear around. Jumps aren't that bad, especially with Souleater up. I end up getting more TP in the long run over say meditate and it deals damage as well. Plus high jump is neat when your group sucks and you don't have a constant flow of fanatics.

For stuff like Ig or Rex /WAR sub is needed for berserk and even aggressor. For ***like Pil and other NMs I'll stick to /DRG when I have mass buffs.

Truth be told, I couldn't keep up with Lederics 99 Ukon with any other sub. It is really great when your attack is going to be capped through-out the whole fight or if buffs last that duration.

I did stomp a 99 Vere as well, but I honestly believed he sucked. Other MNKs have given me a run for my money by swamping me in pure DoT mixed with Vsmite damage X_x
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-05-29 12:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Except 10%DA also applies to WS
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 12:06:35
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »

Why dont you wear it for Shoha?

Give it a rest.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 12:16:56
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Rearden said: »
Except 10%DA also applies to WS

On lower tier trash that I have spammed over and over again, I am going to pick an enjoyable combo to fight with. With 12 fights and not even a crappy neck piece, the least I can do is kick his *** properly.

Like I was saying on NMs you can drop in minutes (Pil, Kaggen) it really matter what you sub, as long as you are dominating everyone else. Nobody can really talk ***when you do 2X their damage output.

If it is a serious competition, I'll sub something better. Though on lower tiers if my atack is capped I am still going to smash them up regardless of what I sub.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-29 12:57:35
Link | Citer | R

I use OaT by the way, so the 10 DA isn't as valuable as it would be say using a Rag.
Nor is Windbuffet Belt.

Quote:
It also lets me swap some gear around.
Covered that above.

Quote:
Jumps aren't that bad, especially with Souleater up.
They're also not that good. JA delay matters.

Quote:
I end up getting more TP in the long run over say meditate
But not over /SAM as a whole, and wasn't this in comparison to /WAR? We're talking about short fights here, right?

Quote:
Plus high jump is neat when your group sucks and you don't have a constant flow of fanatics.
So that you can recap 5 seconds later? Hate shed is reduced on subjob.

I don't really give a ***if you're just *** around, but don't try and defend a clearly inferior subjob.

EDIT:
Quote:
Like I was saying on NMs you can drop in minutes (Pil, Kaggen) it really matter what you sub, as long as you are dominating everyone else. Nobody can really talk ***when you do 2X their damage output.
Incredibly flawed logic. I can and will talk ***if you're making a fight take longer, especially if it ends up jeopardizing the run. Don't rationalize mediocrity like that.
[+]
 Fenrir.Sylow
By Fenrir.Sylow 2012-05-29 13:03:01
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Sylow said: »
Give it a rest.
It was an honest question. If you dont want to admit consistent damage, accuracy, and conserve tp on a given target can be more valuable, maybe you should give it a rest.

Shoha is a 2-hit weapon skill, Resolution is 5. QA and TA are devalued on WS with large numbers of hits due to the 8-per-round cap.

And that's completely ignoring Resolution's fTP transfer property.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2012-05-29 14:01:12
Link | Citer | R

Let's not retread a busted argument in an entirely unrelated thread.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-29 15:28:47
Link | Citer | R

I would use it for Shoha but I haven't played Samurai since before I bought it.
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 16:49:58
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I use OaT by the way, so the 10 DA isn't as valuable as it would be say using a Rag.
Nor is Windbuffet Belt.

Quote:
It also lets me swap some gear around.
Covered that above.

Quote:
Jumps aren't that bad, especially with Souleater up.
They're also not that good. JA delay matters.

Quote:
I end up getting more TP in the long run over say meditate
But not over /SAM as a whole, and wasn't this in comparison to /WAR? We're talking about short fights here, right?

Quote:
Plus high jump is neat when your group sucks and you don't have a constant flow of fanatics.
So that you can recap 5 seconds later? Hate shed is reduced on subjob.

I don't really give a ***if you're just *** around, but don't try and defend a clearly inferior subjob.

EDIT:
Quote:
Incredibly flawed logic. I can and will talk ***if you're making a fight take longer, especially if it ends up jeopardizing the run. Don't rationalize mediocrity like that.

Meh nice job picking me apart. Clearly tons of people I come against can't compete with an inferior subjob. Talk ***to the other X amount of DDs who can't utilize an Ukon/Vere/Insert Relic here. If they actually stepped up their own game I wouldn't have to resort to fighting with one hand behind my back.

As for high jump, shifting Doom/Terror from Pil to other people is lovely. Some people can't even bounce hate with me so it helps my odds.
 Fenrir.Minjo
user: Tsuko
By Fenrir.Minjo 2012-05-29 16:53:08
Link | Citer | R

>This is the best subjob because it allows me to do less damage
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 16:56:14
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Minjo said: »
>This is the best subjob because it allows me to do less damage

Until I get a massive ***-whooping, all this is going to come off me like water off a ducks back. Plus you guys missed my point, it is a *** around sub job for trash.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-29 16:59:43
Link | Citer | R

Well since I've beaten Lederic, and he beats you, I guess I'm able to say DRK/DRG sucks?
 Fenrir.Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2012-05-29 17:01:54
Link | Citer | R

Well since I've beaten Lederic, and he beats you, I guess I'm able to say DRK/DRG sucks?

To each their own. Also by what margins? How was the death toll, etc. I was talking on equal terms really. A warrior in their element, 99 Ukon, etc is really scary in terms of damage output.
First Page 2 3 ... 27 28 29 ... 50 51 52