user: Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-15 22:58:55
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Failaras said: »
Quote:
LR,zerk (aggr down)
Dires
Bale+2 win by 6.11%
I'm confused, are you trying to say that you don't cap accuracy on Qilin without aggressor? I sure do, I don't even use Agg or DE on him.

Quote:
LR (zerk,aggr down)
Dires
Bale+2 win by 8.61%
Again are you saying that without berserk you have uncapped attack? With a final def of 504 I'm pretty sure I could cap attack on that without any JAs up or chaos roll...

Unless you are using "aggr down" to mean that you have uncapped accuracy by 25 (based on what aggressor gives) I am very confused by this.

Is my Resolution set, maybe your gear is better then mine, I was just posting facts.

Don't forget Resolution has an attack penalty. You still haven't presented one reason to carry whirlwind dires....just "i'm capped" because I say so, when the math say otherwise.
 Asura.Failaras
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Falaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-15 23:08:04
Link | Citer | R

I did completely forget about the attack penalty, but we are still talking about a job that can almost attack cap on Qilin without buffs. When are you ever going to be in a situation where you don't have any buffs at all? You modeled that you aren't attack capped without Berserk up in those numbers, I highly doubt that is true unless you are missing other buffs.
Edit: The only math that says otherwise are situations that you shouldn't be in in the first place....
 Phoenix.Dramatica
Serveur: Phoenix
user: Darkmagi1
By Phoenix.Dramatica 2012-05-15 23:12:20
Link | Citer | R

My only problem with whirlwind dirs is the space justification for an extremely minor increase. I could never really justify the space to carry a situational minor upgrade.
 Siren.Fupafighters
Serveur: Siren
By Siren.Fupafighters 2012-05-15 23:18:58
Link | Citer | R

I like how they give us all the situational gear and 20 jobs, but don't give us near the amount of space we could ask for.
[+]
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-16 00:56:10
Link | Citer | R

Well as far as I know you aren't 3 hitting in VW even with /sam, and 4 hitting is already possible with very few gear changes as /war, meaning that the extra STP at best will maybe free up your hand slot for phorcys hands. Sekka is probably the biggest advantage to /sam, which is really sad. Hasso is 7 strength. Third Eye is worthless. Meditate is almost not even worth the ability delay.

None of this even comes close to beating out 10% DA.
 Cerberus.Taint
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-16 10:06:27
Link | Citer | R

I did completely forget about the attack penalty, but we are still talking about a job that can almost attack cap on Qilin without buffs. When are you ever going to be in a situation where you don't have any buffs at all? You modeled that you aren't attack capped without Berserk up in those numbers, I highly doubt that is true unless you are missing other buffs.
Edit: The only math that says otherwise are situations that you shouldn't be in in the first place....

Your flaw is that you must carry two pieces of leg equipment for the same task. One is an extremely minor increase part of the time the other is a large increase the rest. If you don't carry PDT,MDT,DM,Idol,FC gear I'm sure you have room for for 20 damage increase legs. Most good DRKs will know when to leave situational pieces that make no difference in their mog house. Thats not even getting into the fact you'd need 2 macro slots depending on buffs.

To each their own but you haven't made one convincing reason not to use bale+2.

Here is your data with zerk and aggr down. So no your att and acc are not capped without them.

Aggr takes your hit rate to 94.5%
Zerk takes your Cratio to 1.7

Stat WSSet1
Skill 433
Att 501
Acc 409
Str 199
Dex 99
Agi 88
Vit 107
Int 87
Mnd 84
HP 1758
HPP 0%
Total HP 1758
Endark Recast # 16
Endark Att 37
Base Att 772
Base Acc 543
Chaos 0
Stalwart's (att) 0
Berserk 0
Last Resort 189
Att% 38
WS Att Bonus -61
Buffed Att 938
Food Att 150
Stalwart's (acc) 0
Aggressor 0
Buffed Acc 543
Food Acc 0
Att 1088
Acc 543
DA 25%
TA 0%
QA 0%
Zanshin 0%
DW 0%
Base Delay 431
Delay Reduction 0
Delay per Weap 431
Base TP/Hit 11.0
Store TP 6
TP/Hit 11.6
Dex Crit 5%
C.Rate 15%
C.Dmg 108%
Raw Hit Rate 82.0%
Hit Rate 82.0%
Zanshin Hit Rate 82.0%
cRatio 1.6087
WRank 1 15
WRank 2 0
fStr1 20
fStr2 0
W1 Dmg 163
W2 Dmg 0
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-16 13:01:28
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry but you must be doing something very wrong if you aren't accuracy capping on Qilin without aggressor. First I would hardly call Drk a inventory intense job like Blu or Rdm, it isn't that hard to make room for minor improvements. Second it's more like carrying around a small increase for pretty much everything you do and not worrying about a possible VERY rare situation in which your chaos roll wears off as your LR and berserk both get dispeled.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-16 14:31:47
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry but you must be doing something very wrong if you aren't accuracy capping on Qilin without aggressor. First I would hardly call Drk a inventory intense job like Blu or Rdm, it isn't that hard to make room for minor improvements. Second it's more like carrying around a small increase for pretty much everything you do and not worrying about a possible VERY rare situation in which your chaos roll wears off as your LR and berserk both get dispeled.

The math is right. Your eyeball isn't :p

There is a reason why most DDs don't parse worth a damn, they eyeball their acc and att. Your TP acc and WS acc are not equal especially in a Resolution build with Mekira/phorcys, you drop a ton of ACC. The extra 20 damage you seek per WS gets trumped the second your acc or att isn't capped just 1 time. Silly trade off is silly and your DRK might not be gear intensive but most people that take the job seriously are going to be 70+ slots.
 Lakshmi.Rearden
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Churchill
By Lakshmi.Rearden 2012-05-16 14:46:53
Link | Citer | R

I find that I have less room on DRK than WAR and that's with all my proc weapons for WAR in inventory.

Magicacc, stun, AM up/down, Great Sword, WS sets for both, PDT, MDT, idle, food, warps is like 73/74 slots. And that's with only taking 1 optimal TP set for each of those situations, eg, for tough content.
 Ragnarok.Returner
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Nameless
By Ragnarok.Returner 2012-05-16 14:51:34
Link | Citer | R

You have to realize that we are talking about WS set. If you look at the set Taint posted, it includes almost no accuracy other than the gorget and belt if you take out AF+3 legs. And trust me, between scythe, GS, dark magic, PDT, WS sets, DRK is a very inventory intense job. I have a real hard time getting anything lower than 78/80, not to mention the only thing those pants are good for will be Nyzul in which I will likely be carrying multiple powder boots.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-16 15:01:44
Link | Citer | R

I've parsed every Qilin I've ever done which is well into the hundreds and have never been uncapped on accuracy, including back when my gear had MUCH less accuracy than my current WS gear even has. I eyeball nothing. I also parse "worth a damn" as many people could tell you, and I also carry around all those items that make me take my job seriously and can tell you it is nothing compared to other jobs like Blu.

My current TP set has a whopping total of 20 accuracy in it before DEX which is actually less than my WS set has and I've never ran into a time when I didn't parse capped accuracy on Qilin (I don't use Aggressor or Diabolic Eye on him either)
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-16 15:20:56
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
You have to realize that we are talking about WS set. If you look at the set Taint posted, it includes almost no accuracy other than the gorget and belt if you take out AF+3 legs.
The gorget and belt alone put it at almost as much accuracy as what you would ideally be using in TP on mobs like Qilin. If you go back a few pages we figured out a pretty close to ideal VW T4 set that the only accuracy it has comes from Armadaberk and Phorcys Feet.

Edit: Well I realize that without any evidence on my part this isn't worth trying to argue anymore. Maybe next time I do Qilin I'll save the parses. Arguing with Taint never produces anything wortwhile anyways besides petty insults from him. I'm done here for a while.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-16 19:45:51
Link | Citer | R

I've parsed every Qilin I've ever done which is well into the hundreds and have never been uncapped on accuracy, including back when my gear had MUCH less accuracy than my current WS gear even has. I eyeball nothing. I also parse "worth a damn" as many people could tell you, and I also carry around all those items that make me take my job seriously and can tell you it is nothing compared to other jobs like Blu.

My current TP set has a whopping total of 20 accuracy in it before DEX which is actually less than my WS set has and I've never ran into a time when I didn't parse capped accuracy on Qilin (I don't use Aggressor or Diabolic Eye on him either)

***, I bet you TP in AF3 body too...lol
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-16 20:10:45
Link | Citer | R

Oh this one again!
 Shiva.Azbarimon
Serveur: Shiva
user: azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-17 07:01:40
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Taint said: »
Target Qilin
Level 110
pDif Correction 0.55
Defense 560
Def Down Tier 2
Final Def 504
Evasion 485
Vit 120
Agi 120

Dumb question but how much Acc do you need to be capped against a target's Evasion?
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2012-05-17 07:09:05
Link | Citer | R

Around 569~ in this case.

Hit Rate = 75 + floor((Accuracy - Evasion) / 2) - 2 * (Defender's Level - Attacker's Level)

Approximation ofc, unless I missed where Qilin's stats are concrete atm. 120VIT and AGI is extraordinarily high for a monster that low.
 Cerberus.Taint
By Cerberus.Taint 2012-05-17 11:58:25
Link | Citer | R

Oh this one again!

:p
 Shiva.Azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-17 14:28:24
Link | Citer | R

Ogier's Surcoat is still better than Bale in most situations.
 Asura.Failaras
By Asura.Failaras 2012-05-17 14:51:38
Link | Citer | R

If by most situations you mean very few situations then sure.
[+]
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-17 14:53:04
Link | Citer | R

What's base accuracy for an A+ weapon at 99?
 Bahamut.Atoreis
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Atoreis
By Bahamut.Atoreis 2012-05-17 16:07:06
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Azbarimon said: »

I would probably prefer Ace's mail whenever Ogier's would be better than Bale
 Shiva.Azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-17 19:22:22
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

A+ no merits = 401
A+ w/ merits = 416
 Leviathan.Quetzacoatl
Guide Maker
Serveur: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Quetzacoatl 2012-05-17 20:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Atoreis said: »

I would probably prefer Ace's mail whenever Ogier's would be better than Bale
This or ----------->
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2012-05-17 20:44:41
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Tikal said: »

A+ no merits = 401
A+ w/ merits = 416
A+ is 424
With merits it's 440.
 Cerberus.Tikal
user: Tikal
By Cerberus.Tikal 2012-05-17 21:00:37
Link | Citer | R

Accuracy is exactly your combat skill rating? :/
 Shiva.Azbarimon
By Shiva.Azbarimon 2012-05-17 21:02:27
Link | Citer | R

Accuracy

Accuracy is compared with target evasion to determine a player (or monster)'s hit rate. Accuracy depends on DEX, current skill in use, and traits/abilities/gear/etc, like this:

Accuracy = Accuracy from Skill + Accuracy from DEX + Accuracy from Traits/etc.

The contribution of DEX to accuracy depends on what type of weapon is being used.

Equation (2H Weapon): Accuracy from DEX = floor( DEX×0.75 )
Equation (1H Weapon): Accuracy from DEX = floor( DEX×0.50 )

The contribution of Skill to accuracy

Equation (Skill ≤200): Accuracy from Skill = Skill
Equation (Skill >200): Accuracy from Skill = floor( (Skill - 200)×0.9 ) + 200

this is whats on BG wiki at least
First Page 2 3 ... 20 21 22 ... 50 51 52