Interested In VW?

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Servers » Odin » Interested in VW?
Interested in VW?
First Page 2
 Odin.Calipso
Serveur: Odin
Game: FFXI
user: Calipso
By Odin.Calipso 2011-11-29 00:27:15
Link | Citer | R

Incoming wall-o-text...

Many of you may or may not have seen (or been part of) Llewelyns and mine's sh groups for VW. First and foremost, this isn't a recruitment thread. We do shout groups, and shout groups only. We're hoping to find some people that are interested in doing fights without the commitment of a ls. Linkshells turn to burn out easy, and no one likes doing the same nm 50 times over. This is an easy way to join select, efficient fights of your preference.

What's expected of you:
  • All melee dds outside of Drg and Drk need to have a relic, emp, or woe weapon. This is non-negotiable, outside of maybe city T4s.

• You stay for all 4 battles when we make a group, unless something pressing RL requires you to leave. This means no leaving after the third fight if you only have 3 stones. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it sucks making 15-16 people wait 10+ minutes for a couple people to pick up another stone. Jeuno t1's aren't hard, you can trio/duo the abyssite for a 4th stone.

• If you don't have the warp or an easy way to get to the nm, please, please head out there a little early. Nothing sucks more than gathering everyone up in sky for qilin only to see that someone is just coming from the ZiTah OP.....

• You need to have some sort of basic reading comprehension. Everyone misses chat from time to time with battle spam, but if you keep missing/ignoring instructions and procs, you probably won't be invited again.

• You need to at least moderately decent at the class you play, which includes having all the appropriate proc spells, proc weapon skills, etc, for your job, and more importantly, knowing what they are. If you're a whm who takes 5s to stona, or a war who doesn't have great sword leveled, you probably won't be invited again.

• If you have temps, for the love of god USE THEM. Fanatics, fools and potions are your friend.

• Try to be nice. If you're generally acting like a total douche-bag, you probably won't be invited again.

What's not expected of you:
  • You don't have to come to any fight you don't want to. If you never want to see Akvan again after getting Heka's Kalasirs, no one cares. You're not going to be docked 50dkp or show up on our ***list if you don't want to join whichever fight we're doing. As long as you do your job well, we don't care if you only join one group a month.

• This is a total non-commitment deal. If you get the one piece of loot that you had your heart after and don't want to come again, no one's going to hold it against you.

What to expect from us:
  • Many people are probably thinking "lol shout group". However, outside of two instances, out of over hundreds of fights, they have all gone smoothly to excellent, with only 2 complete wipes. We've done everything except Aello (don't really want loot from her!), killing most in under 10min, and easy things like Qilin usually before he spawns his first add.

• Groups take anywhere from 20min to an hour to fill up.

• Sometimes fights will get a little messy. That's life. No nerdraging/rage quitting over mistakes. We often get people who are new-ish to vw or who have never done the nm we're about to do, and mistakes happen. If people are very obviously messing up, they just won't be invited again.

What to not expect from us:
  • We don't do vw at regular times. Sometimes we /sh at 5pm, sometimes at 5am. If you're looking for something regular, this probably isn't for you.

• Unless we really, really like you, no, we won't help you climb or get KIs. Sorry.

• After we get what we want from nms, we probably won't do them often after that. Again, no one likes doing the same nm 50 times over, including us.

So, what's the point of this? Basically we're just hoping to find a few non-retards that we can /tell and ask along so groups fill up a little faster.

Sounds great, how do I join?!
  • Either befriend myself and/or Llewelyn, or reply to this thread. Let us know what geared jobs you have, and what nms you're interested in. When we're planning on making a sh, we'll send you a tell first. If you want to come along, great - if not, we'll try you next time.

Edit: forgot to add which nms we'll mostly be doing! This is subject to change.

High Priority:
  • Akvan

• Qilin

• Pil

Medium Priority:
  • Celaeno

Low/No Priority:
  • Kaggen

• Aello

• Voidwrought

• Hahava

• Uptala

• Any city T1-3 or Jueno/Zilart T1-2

Odin.Eikechi
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-29 00:35:11
Link | Citer | R

ME ME ME... my main DDs are 95 Masa Sam and 95 Rev Fists Pup (since WoE or empy/relic/mythic are a requirement, lil harsh, but not my rules :P )

As far as my VW experience. Well I have T4 in the 3 starter cities and T2 jeuno KI
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2011-11-29 00:50:31
Link | Citer | R

Please make sure to have more than just your job's main combat skill leveled, as well as having appropriate quested WSs. SAMs are not expected to sit around until GK is called out. NINs are not expected to sit around until katana is called out, and so on. We've done T3 Jeuno fights where mobs were frozen from 80% to 0% and I'd like more of those, however it may require multiple people working on a weapon. It sucks having the WARs needing to cycle through the WS list of 3 weapons.
 Odin.Willi
user: Willi
By Odin.Willi 2011-11-29 00:54:06
Link | Citer | R

I've run with you guys before, No clue wether I was liked or not but I'm interested. Lols.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-29 00:57:23
Link | Citer | R

Oh, I've got polearm, and even dagger and sword for sam/war. pup has dagger capped..but pup really can't use much other than h2h.
By Calipso 2011-11-29 01:10:23
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said: »
(since WoE or empy/relic/mythic are a requirement, lil harsh, but not my rules :P )

This isn't necessarily directed at you, we've annoyed quite a few people with our emp/relic only rule, so I thought I'd elaborate a little. Aside from the obvious in that it makes fights go 3 times faster, it more or less serves a base filter. Yes, I'm aware that an emp doesn't make anyone super awesome, and that there's a ton of retards with emps, and that there's a ton of good players without emps. Unfortunetly, I don't know who those people may or may not be, so the easier thing to do is just say "emp only".

There's been several times we've had non-emp dd's in our group, but they've been people that we personally know won't blow, and that can still contribute. If we take away the no-emp rule, we'd fill up in 5 minutes with a bunch of chiv chain full perle dd, and killing t3s before we time out would turn into nothing more than a pipe dream :(
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-29 01:12:56
Link | Citer | R

Well I happen to still fit anyways, so its fine by me lol. It just limits the jobs I can bring, to 2 >_< lol.
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-29 01:16:10
Link | Citer | R

For what it's worth Pummel is a better WS than Smite anyways.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-29 01:17:39
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »

I lol'd~
[+]
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-11-29 01:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Inside Abyssea I believe, outside however theyre either identical, or VS pulling ahead slightly. This is probably due to the fact that SP loses the extra vit boost(+50-70) from cruor buffs and VS having a strong single mod and 5-10% more crit on ws to make it a comparable weaponskill against SP. Eitherway who cares theyre both great ws.

As far as Calipso/Llewelyn group is concerned, Ive personally joined them on a double run before and I found nothing wrong nor was I disappointed outside the treasure in the chest.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
Serveur: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-29 01:24:49
Link | Citer | R

[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-29 01:24:51
Link | Citer | R

Don't get me wrong, (first off idk if you're even serious lol) I like pummel, but its not smite lol. Not by a long shot.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-29 01:26:02
Link | Citer | R

Why does it matter which WS you use on PUP to being with? Apparently all autos will out DD a MNK anyways.
[+]
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-11-29 01:26:32
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Eikechi said:
Don't get me wrong, (first off idk if you're even serious lol) I like pummel, but its not smite lol. Not by a long shot.
Youre mistaken.
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-29 01:26:44
Link | Citer | R

I like my double smite, light SCs lol
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-29 01:27:06
Link | Citer | R

Why does it matter which WS you use on PUP to being with? Apparently all autos will out DD a MNK anyways.

Also lol'd.
[+]
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-29 01:27:25
Link | Citer | R

Think you need to add a no-PUP rule.
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-29 01:27:26
Link | Citer | R

I am serious. Don't believe me? I can do the math.

Don't eyeball. Vere is the only reason I use smite on my PUP, and that's for the ODD. Anytime I'm not constantly on a mob, I use pummel.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-29 01:28:12
Link | Citer | R

Damn you all lol this is a serious thread! I have sam ANYWAYS!!! lol
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-29 01:29:05
Link | Citer | R

I am serious. Don't believe me? I can do the math.

Don't eyeball.

See this is what gets me about VS, that people seem to overlook (I think), since they love to compere VS to SP. VS can self light SC, which can add a LOT of dmg, honestly. And its not hard whatsoever to self SC on any job in VW.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-29 01:29:38
Link | Citer | R

Revisificated
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-29 01:29:52
Link | Citer | R

I'm aware it can self light. Doesn't make it a stand alone better WS than Pummel.

And I was sticking up for your lack of an Empyrean for PUP.
[+]
 Odin.Llewelyn
user: Llewelyn
By Odin.Llewelyn 2011-11-29 01:30:36
Link | Citer | R

You guys can have this thread, I guess. Haha.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-11-29 01:32:10
Link | Citer | R

I'm telling you, banning PUPs will make it all better. It should be a rule in every LS.
 Odin.Eikechi
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-11-29 01:32:49
Link | Citer | R

I'm aware it can self light. Doesn't make it a stand alone better WS than Pummel.

And I was sticking up for your lack of an Empyrean for PUP.

Fair enough ^^. WoE are still ok in their book, so if they needed a pup for additional potential procs, i'd still be ok ^^.
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-11-29 01:41:25
Link | Citer | R

WoE are still ok in their book, so if they needed a pup for additional potential procs, i'd still be ok ^^.
For sure, +34 base on knuckles on the WoE+3 knuckles is great for Stringing Pummel.
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-29 01:42:34
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't matter much anyways in VW. Since you should be giving all your TP to pet so they can proc without dying while the MNK does all the damage and H2H procs.
[+]
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-11-29 01:45:23
Link | Citer | R

Doesn't matter much anyways in VW. Since you should be giving all your TP to pet so they can proc without dying while the MNK does all the damage and H2H procs.
On a serious note, this would make Burattinaios very appealing for said event no?
 Ramuh.Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-11-29 01:49:36
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
On a serious note, this would make Burattinaios very appealing for said event no?
With the atmacite I think it's like 3 TP a tick, so I mean it could work I guess. Especially on stuff you can't really deploy even at ranged like that scorpion in quicksand. I couldn't keep my auto alive on that one no matter how hard I tried.
[+]
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-11-29 01:51:36
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »

If you're not worrying about doing damage I suppose. The only issue is if you want to cover as many procs as possible, you have your PUP sub MNK, and not even bother bringing a MNK. So if you really don't think your alliance needs the extra damage sure, or if the alliance is waiting on you to kill it.
[+]
First Page 2