MNK Ring Choice.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » MNK ring choice.
MNK ring choice.
 Asura.Mekaider
Serveur: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Jynxy
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-12 08:02:34
Link | Citer | R

Demonry ring worth it for monk inside abyssea replacing Rajas? So Epona's/Demonry combo?

I use apoc alot, especially when tanking so i figured they'd stack nicely.

Input?~
 Siren.Seiri
Serveur: Siren
user: seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-12 08:09:52
Link | Citer | R

If you can cap subtle blow, and dont lose an Xhit from losing rajas (inb4, yes it does apply to non 2h weps) then your not gaining much from using rajas. In such a case, demonry or oneiros rings would likely win.
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-12 08:14:00
Link | Citer | R

I'm not capping subtle blow even with rajas. Only try for NM's. Usually with Fruor or w/e. Nice and easy. I probably will lose an x-hit from pants and ring stp. But idk, benefits not worth it?
 Shiva.Xellith
Serveur: Shiva
user: Xellith
By Shiva.Xellith 2011-10-12 08:18:30
Link | Citer | R

What is this subtle blow you speak of? lol :P
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-12 08:20:19
Link | Citer | R

Would prolly still say demonry then i guess, but only when using apoc ofc. Judge to situation, as always.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-10-12 08:28:26
Link | Citer | R

So, hey... just kinda curious... what is the value of x in your x-hit hand to hand build? Do you sub samurai vs warrior? How much store tp did that require? How much wiggle room do you have before you drop, and how close are you to knocking down another hit? What kinda of damage (eyeball, of course) are you getting, per hit, with this build?
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-12 08:30:27
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Terminus said: »
So, hey... just kinda curious... what is the value of x in your x-hit hand to hand build? Do you sub samurai vs warrior? How much store tp did that require? How much wiggle room do you have before you drop, and how close are you to knocking down another hit? What kinda of damage (eyeball, of course) are you getting, per hit, with this build?

I think you misunderstood. It's not like samurai where you gear to a 5 or a 6 hit build. Having stp on h2h does actually shave a punch or two off.

FFXI calculator is your best bet though, google and d/l it. Can tailor the math to your situation. Hope it helps!~
 Fenrir.Terminus
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-10-12 08:35:42
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Mekaider said: »

I think you misunderstood. It's not like samurai where you gear to a 5 or a 6 hit build. Having stp on h2h does actually shave a punch or two off.

FFXI calculator is your best bet though, google and d/l it. Can tailor the math to your situation. Hope it helps!~

No, I was just trying to be a smartass.
[+]
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-12 08:37:37
Link | Citer | R

This ^

The figures you'll be looking at will be like a 14 hit (7 attack rounds) or something similar, rather than a 5/6 hit as was said
 Asura.Mekaider
By Asura.Mekaider 2011-10-12 08:37:53
Link | Citer | R

No, I was just trying to be a smartass.

[-]
By Ashman 2011-10-12 09:29:04
Link | Citer | R

I'd be really pleased with a subtle blow throwing slot item.
 Fenrir.Savoree
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2011-10-12 09:42:49
Link | Citer | R

Ashman said: »
I'd be really pleased with a subtle blow throwing slot item avatar of Bruce Campbell.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Ashman
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-10-12 09:53:22
Link | Citer | R

XD, I was trying to set that as the avatar for my Mule via android phone and f'ed up. I didn't realize I had been posting as that all day T.T
[+]
 Fenrir.Savoree
user: Arriole
By Fenrir.Savoree 2011-10-12 09:54:22
Link | Citer | R

Groovy
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 10:14:08
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Seiri said: »
If you can cap subtle blow, and dont lose an Xhit from losing rajas (inb4, yes it does apply to non 2h weps) then your not gaining much from using rajas. In such a case, demonry or oneiros rings would likely win.
Pretty sure Rajas will always affect your average rounds/WS with standard H2H. Small amounts of STP such as wtath may not have any effect if you're using a WS with relatively static TP return like Ascetic's but Rajas is going to change your TP/hit by about 0.2~3, quite a different story.
 Siren.Seiri
By Siren.Seiri 2011-10-12 10:29:32
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
Siren.Seiri said: »
Pretty sure Rajas will always affect your average rounds/WS with standard H2H. Small amounts of STP such as wtath may not have any effect if you're using a WS with relatively static TP return like Ascetic's but Rajas is going to change your TP/hit by about 0.2~3, quite a different story.

I'll stand corrected, but even then it would be a question of which ring gives more, and 1~2 hits off a WS round vs a boost to triple attack dmg would be close.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-12 10:36:59
Link | Citer | R

Depends on the boost, which I don't think I've seen any solid testing for.