Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Trial Weapons
Trial Weapons
 Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy
Serveur: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy 2011-10-10 18:20:31
Link | Citer | R

Hello all!

Well I just recently started playing FFXI again after not playing for around 3 years. So ALOT has changed.

I have read thru other threads but nothing is really set in stone.

My question is, what weapon should I work on? I can tell the Verethragna is the best, but seems like it the LAST item a monk should get because there is alot of new advance endgame stuff needed.

So other then that, what is the next best H2H weapon?

Please talk noobish to me, like I said lots has changed and I dont know any of the new lingo yet :D

Thanks in advacne!

EDIT:

The few weps that cought my eye were the Oc attack 2-4 times, but looking around that is more fo footwork monks correct? The other one I liked was the Oc attack 2x, and that one has a little bit of dmg on it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Neisan
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Nanashi14
By Quetzalcoatl.Neisan 2011-10-10 18:23:59
Link | Citer | R

Vereth is the first item you should work on imo due to being the biggest increase to damage and most other weapons are pretty much inferior to it atm. Rev+2 works as well. It might take you some time depending on the help you can get for Vereth, and you can -mostly- solo Rev fists (WoE part might be annoying depending on server).

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Niniann
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-10-10 18:35:21
Link | Citer | R

Occassionally attacks whatever times weapons are dreadful now. It's not worth doing a Magian weapon unless it's Verethragna/Revnant fists. I believe mob dropped weapons are about as good and require much less effort. If you insist on making a different magian fire taipans are probably still the best, and PDT taipans have utility, but iirc you should be able to cap pdt in gear so meh.
 Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy
By Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy 2011-10-10 18:39:32
Link | Citer | R

This one as the rev+?
Revenant Fists +2

Just off hand they dont look like anything to special. Well... i guess has good dmg and low delay

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy
By Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy 2011-10-10 18:54:13
Link | Citer | R

Sounds good, i shale start on them. Sence the big boys look very hard to get :(

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy
By Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy 2011-10-10 19:10:34
Link | Citer | R

Seems like it will takes weeks if not a month or 2 for any of the items, because of the NM respawn times for the lower lvls. 1-8 hours is a big window for several people fighting over it.
By Greever 2011-10-10 19:33:38
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy said: »
Seems like it will takes weeks if not a month or 2 for any of the items, because of the NM respawn times for the lower lvls. 1-8 hours is a big window for several people fighting over it.

what nm's are u talking about?

for vere all nm's in the first abyssea stage is force spawn except the turtle.

do u mean the VNM? the one's that u have to kill multipule times?

those are easy to do with a handfull of ppl. each nm spawns in 4-6 zones. so your group can start in one zone, then move to the next. by the time ur finished killing the last one the other one should be ready to pop...they are a pain though, as u will find out when/if u decided to do them.
 Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy
By Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy 2011-10-10 19:35:07
Link | Citer | R

Like the basic ones to get away from pugs and such
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-10 19:36:47
Link | Citer | R

You can team up on every stage of Verethragna. All you have to do is have the weapon equipped when the mob dies and you need to be in exp range. For Chloris and Ulhuadshi, you get drops from them and turn them into the crate.
By Greever 2011-10-10 19:37:28
Link | Citer | R

Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy said: »
Like the basic ones to get away from pugs and such

oh those are easy to camp, just takes time.

ull be able to finish off those stages in a week if u dedicated urself to farming the nm's. usually u will find other ppl there so u can team up with them.

I did that for my bow one night. teamed up with a jap, we got 1 kill and i fell asleep, he stayed there all night killed 2 more with me still in party getting credit. when i woke up he gave me last tod and went to sleep and left himself afk and i finished the last nm off lol.
 Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy
By Leviathan.Dumbwhiteboy 2011-10-10 19:40:57
Link | Citer | R

Hah nice, ya its hard for me cuz i only can play like 2 hours on weeknights cuz of work but will make it happen!

Thanks for all the help everyone!