New test server info
First Page 2 3 4 5
 Bahamut.Mischief
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2011-10-07 19:27:42
Link | Citer | R

Test server went up today, went on it to test out the changes.

Bad news first:

Notice what job I'm on. Yeah, 95 BLM/SCH gets all 8 helices. Also notice the MP cost, without Dark Arts up even.

Now for the actual changes:

1. Regen: SCH does get Regen IV, idk what level. With Light Arts but no Tabula Rasa, Regen IV healed 46 HP/tick without Savant's Bonnet +2 and 50 HP/tick with. Lasted 2 min 30 seconds without Perpetuance.

With Tabula Rasa, it healed 54 HP/tick without the Bonnet, and 58 HP/tick with. And yes, it stacks with Embrava, 110 HP/tick go go!

2. Helices: Amun was my test subject for this. Using Cryohelix, but it was Firesday so...yeah. Without Tabula, it did 677 and wore off when Amun was at 60%. With Tabula, it did 709 and wore off when Amun was at 47%. Seems like the change to the damage was minor if any difference, just the duration has been boosted.

3. Klimaform's duration is 3 minutes now. Modus Veritas' recast is also 3 minutes, but the accuracy didn't seem to change.
[+]
 Asura.Malekith
Serveur: Asura
By Asura.Malekith 2011-10-07 19:31:24
Link | Citer | R

Any idea what the changes to Modus Veritas are? Wondering if it's worth putting merits back into that...
 Bahamut.Mischief
user: Mischief
By Bahamut.Mischief 2011-10-07 19:32:21
Link | Citer | R

Asura.Malekith said: »
Any idea what the changes to Modus Veritas are? Wondering if it's worth putting merits back into that...

Recast shortened to 3 minutes, but it resisted on Amun when I tried it, so don't think the macc was changed.
 Odin.Zicdeh
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-10-07 19:58:13
Link | Citer | R

So SE's solution to the scholar issue was to make BLM better?

I do not understand.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-10-07 20:13:42
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Zicdeh said: »
So SE's solution to the scholar issue was to make BLM better?

I do not understand.
They're adjusting Helix duration at some point, which it starting out gimped and rising to the old duration at level 60. Really hurts SCH as a Voidwatch proc job though, RDM/SCH and/or BLM/SCH gogo.

Regen enhancement is actually pretty sexy.
 Cerberus.Ciecle
Serveur: Cerberus
user: Ciecle
By Cerberus.Ciecle 2011-10-07 20:17:12
Link | Citer | R

is regen's enhancement in light arts carried over to sub?

edit: herp derp... i could test this myself... I'll just let someone else answer the question so i dont have to go figure it out(being lazy! >.>)
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
Serveur: Lakshmi
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-07 21:12:14
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mischief said: »

3. Klimaform's duration is 3 minutes now. Modus Veritas' recast is also 3 minutes, but the accuracy didn't seem to change.
this makes me happy :DDDDD
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
Serveur: Phoenix
user: DanielH
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-10-07 21:13:44
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Ciecle said: »
is regen's enhancement in light arts carried over to sub?

edit: herp derp... i could test this myself... I'll just let someone else answer the question so i dont have to go figure it out(being lazy! >.>)

They already said the Light/Dark Arts buffs would be SCH main only.
 Siren.Pockettaru
Serveur: Siren
user: Jacob246
By Siren.Pockettaru 2011-10-07 21:14:12
Link | Citer | R

At least we dont need a SCH for Voidwatch now <,< >.>
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-07 21:15:17
Link | Citer | R

maybe tier2 helixes will come on cap 99? helix as /sub is gimp anyways no hailstorm, no ebullience , so it's no big deal rly
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-10-07 21:17:45
Link | Citer | R

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
maybe tier2 helixes will come on cap 99? helix as /sub is gimp anyways no hailstorm, no ebullience , so it's no big deal rly

Only in the fact it removed the need for SCH in Voidwatch. So another zone they're more or less worthless in.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2011-10-07 21:24:40
Link | Citer | R

idk but my i always get requested to get on sch mainly for nuking power not just for procs
 Phoenix.Eckeward
user: eckeward
By Phoenix.Eckeward 2011-10-07 21:32:05
Link | Citer | R

I can't get on the test server. ; ;

Can you Accession Regen IV?
Also, other obvious questions,...

(That's a cheap helix!)
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-10-07 22:39:24
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Eckeward said: »

(That's a cheap helix!)

Not any people to try it on. However, I tried it anyway Regen IV took Accession whereas Reraise didn't so I'd say Yes, Regen IV can be accessioned. Also it's gone back to SCH getting them first as they learn Regen IV at 79.
 Fairy.Ghaleon
Serveur: Fairy
user: MisterRyu
By Fairy.Ghaleon 2011-10-07 22:44:09
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Cathaldus said: »

(That's a cheap helix!)

Not any people to try it on. However, I tried it anyway Regen IV took Accession whereas Reraise didn't so I'd say Yes, Regen IV can be accessioned. Also it's gone back to SCH getting them first as they learn Regen IV at 79.

so you think sch will get Regen V at 99? :o
 Phoenix.Cathaldus
By Phoenix.Cathaldus 2011-10-07 22:46:02
Link | Citer | R

Fairy.Ghaleon said: »

(That's a cheap helix!)

Yeah, I'd put money on it.
 Bismarck.Kyaaadaa
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Kyaaadaa
By Bismarck.Kyaaadaa 2011-10-07 23:33:34
Link | Citer | R

(That's a cheap helix!)

if it took 95 levels to get to IV, i doubt it'll go to V in 4 more levels. at least not without Tabula being active
 Bahamut.Mizuharu
user: Mizuharu
By Bahamut.Mizuharu 2011-10-07 23:47:53
Link | Citer | R

Bismarck.Kyaaadaa said: »

(That's a cheap helix!)

if it took 95 levels to get to IV, i doubt it'll go to V in 4 more levels. at least not without Tabula being active

Quote:
Also it's gone back to SCH getting them first as they learn Regen IV at 79.
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-08 00:10:48
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Mischief said: »
Test server went up today, went on it to test out the changes.

Bad news first:

Notice what job I'm on. Yeah, 95 BLM/SCH gets all 8 helices. Also notice the MP cost, without Dark Arts up even.

Now for the actual changes:

1. Regen: SCH does get Regen IV, idk what level. With Light Arts but no Tabula Rasa, Regen IV healed 46 HP/tick without Savant's Bonnet +2 and 50 HP/tick with. Lasted 2 min 30 seconds without Perpetuance.

With Tabula Rasa, it healed 54 HP/tick without the Bonnet, and 58 HP/tick with. And yes, it stacks with Embrava, 110 HP/tick go go!

2. Helices: Amun was my test subject for this. Using Cryohelix, but it was Firesday so...yeah. Without Tabula, it did 677 and wore off when Amun was at 60%. With Tabula, it did 709 and wore off when Amun was at 47%. Seems like the change to the damage was minor if any difference, just the duration has been boosted.

I lack of words to explain how much I'm pissed atm.

Edit: I'm so pissed I can't even type.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
Serveur: Siren
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-10-08 00:23:38
Link | Citer | R

whyyyyyyyyyy
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-08 00:28:23
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
whyyyyyyyyyy
Because by giving the sub these spells, they pretty much killed the last special thing about sch's.Wich reduces his usefullness in the only event ppl would actually use sch to 2 abilitys.......

I swear PPL obsession with being able to low man ***is killing jobs slowly by slowly.Making everything else except Ninja,war,blm and whm total crap -_-
[+]
 Sylph.Kimble
Serveur: Sylph
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-10-08 01:04:27
Link | Citer | R

Has nothing to do with low manning VW, just before this, SCH was barely useful in voidwatch, now its all but totally useless in VW.
 Shiva.Symbiote
Serveur: Shiva
user: Symbiote
By Shiva.Symbiote 2011-10-08 01:07:26
Link | Citer | R

Cerberus.Vaness said: »
I swear PPL obsession with being able to low man ***is killing jobs slowly by slowly.Making everything else except Ninja,war,blm and whm total crap -_-
Find an LS that doesn't care about lowmanning? Problem solved.
 Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Brayenn 2011-10-08 01:15:22
Link | Citer | R

klimaform and Regen is all im reading that are nice, but ya the whoring out of sch spells <klimaform and now helix> really hurting the job even mroe, at the moment it is what? good for zerging with enbrave<not sure what you zerg anymore like that but w/e> otherwise you are better off with any of the other jobs who are better off and now have our one usefulness of procs. Sch still nice job but tha request for it just took a dive even more so. im happy and sad at the moment /confused

edit: regen still doesnt save lives anywhere it matters so making it more of a disappointment regardless of how big a list for sch changes there were
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-08 01:56:39
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Symbiote said: »
Find an LS that doesn't care about lowmanning? Problem solved.
It wasn't the point......
Point was that SE is making the usefull jobs to a very low number of different job that is all.

You may not complain for now, but you will start complaining the day you will realise you have been playing the same job EVERYDAY for a year....it get odd.
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-10-08 02:06:20
Link | Citer | R

Proc system ruined the game true story x:
[+]
 Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu
By Lakshmi.Sirafiinikkusu 2011-10-08 04:07:41
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
whyyyyyyyyyy
Because by giving the sub these spells, they pretty much killed the last special thing about sch's.Wich reduces his usefullness in the only event ppl would actually use sch to 2 abilitys.......

agreed, SE was like, oh we hear you, you are no longer a special cupcake anymore so we are gonna give you some 2 hr nukes and give you regen 4 which you should have already had but we are to special to admit we forgot to give them to sch 16 levels ago, OH and btw since you bitched about it, we gave one of the last bit of sch uniqueness to every other job in the game, ENJOY!

no seriously though im quite sure blm would be pissed if sch got AM, so sch have a right to *** about getting that boot in the ***. Im also concerned about the damage change on helix themselves, i cant really base it off mischief's post since i didnt know what his helix did before the change.

Lakshmi.Emanuelle said: »
there is almost no reason to only rely on cryohelix, they all have the same values, just hailstorm gives you some int if you have stormsurge, which is like 3 more dmg on your helix. Start using helices in proportion to what your target is weak to, not what your current strongest nuke is.

what you should have said was: No merits, No ebullience = it's still better than nothing (A dot is a dot)
[+]
 Odin.Eikechi
Serveur: Odin
user: Eike
By Odin.Eikechi 2011-10-08 04:20:13
Link | Citer | R

if T2 helix came at 99, we'd get more than 1 per level from 95-99 or it would be our ENTIRE 99 merit group :( which we will probably only get 1 group of...that would be kinda lame
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-10-08 04:21:56
Link | Citer | R

I don't see why giving BLM poisons is bad.
[+]
 Cerberus.Vaness
By Cerberus.Vaness 2011-10-08 04:37:33
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Austar said: »
I don't see why giving BLM poisons is bad.
Oh it's not bad at all, Let's give SCHs -Ja -Ga and AM spells, Oh and I demand Cure 5 and 6 too.

(Hope you catch my drift)
[+]
First Page 2 3 4 5