Monk Job Adjustments - Well...

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Monk Job Adjustments - Well...
Monk Job Adjustments - Well...
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
Serveur: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: batboy267
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-09-01 17:40:05
Link | Citer | R

.....I thought this was a thread about monk job adjustments (or lack there of) not a empyrean arguement.....
By AsuraVanzan 2011-09-01 17:40:26
Link | Citer | R

I am working on Vere but seems there is always something getting in the way lol. Let's work on someone else's first. After theirs is finished it's let's work on +2 items. Then it's "FU guys I'm hopping servers!!!! I'm left saying grrrrrrr >.< I do have access to a friends mule but then I'm like damn this is boring to do solo. Then the wife aggros me lol. Idk, solo lazy is still lazy, I'll finish them someday but not in the very near future.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-01 17:40:47
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mosin said: »
Fenrir.Gradd said: »
Phoenix.Sehachan said: »
I have an empy for my favourite job cause I've wanted to do something "special" for it. But the way people laugh at those that don't make one is just silly. Making an empyrean is not hard but takes a lot of time. And friends=/=slaves, so yeah I never used them for hours for days.
The hardest part about Empyreans is camping the Trial NMs, you can finish any Empyrean to atleast 85 in a week Tops. Considering it used to take poeple 6 months to a year to make a Relic, spending 1-2 weeks making an Empyrean is not a long time at all.

I guess I'm just not as awesome as you. there's no way i could get 50 two-leaf choloris buds in a week and a half.

I'm going to kill myself now, thanks a lot

Same. I guess I better hang up the job.
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-09-01 17:41:34
Link | Citer | R

I have an empy for my favourite job cause I've wanted to do something "special" for it. But the way people laugh at those that don't make one is just silly. Making an empyrean is not hard but takes a lot of time. And friends=/=slaves, so yeah I never used them for hours for days.
The hardest part about Empyreans is camping the Trial NMs, you can finish any Empyrean to atleast 85 in a week Tops. Considering it used to take poeple 6 months to a year to make a Relic, spending 1-2 weeks making an Empyrean is not a long time at all.

I guess I'm just not as awesome as you. there's no way i could get 50 two-leaf choloris buds in a week and a half.

....So much mad... hate... and drama in this thread. The sad part is none of it is on topic. :(
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-01 17:42:58
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Darkwizardzin said: »

....So much mad... hate... and drama in this thread. The sad part is none of it is on topic. :(

There really isn't. Calm down.
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-01 17:43:04
Link | Citer | R

The hardest part about Empyreans is camping the Trial NMs, you can finish any Empyrean to atleast 85 in a week Tops.

Considering it used to take poeple 6 months to a year to make a Relic, spending 1-2 weeks making an Empyrean is not a long time at all.
Took me 3 months to finish Carabosse, same for CC. Are they hard nms? No, they're laughable. But that's how did cara: duo pup+sch making 2 pops/week, sometimes more, sometimes less. With CC I had more help but camping Heqet took away an entire day(relatively speaking, after 4 hours brains are done for)and farm runs were farther from each other. Why? Cause since we're a group of friends we thought that cycling the help for everyone was the best way to not leave anyone bitter. Took forever? Yes. Couldn't be done any other way in my case though.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-09-01 17:44:36
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said: »
Plm-sam was a different story but imo outside of piercing or really good buffs situations it was still on par with a good drk or war, either way still way ahead of GK-sam for sure.

polearm samurai was just barely below amanomurakumo on non-piercing, and even surpassed it a little on piercing-related targets; last i recall, the comparisons were made with 0/8 polearm too just for emphasis

regardless, long story short, i fully embraced being laughed at on my job ever since abyssea came out, since it was kind of ridiculous that it was the best job for so long, yet nothing was ever really done about it until way later
 Phoenix.Fredjan
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2011-09-01 17:44:37
Link | Citer | R

It's actually surprisingly tame compared to other threads.
Mainly because everyone who has posted is actually educated; though, I'm expecting a retard to come up with a witty elitist remark (Gradd is really tame).
 Siren.Mosin
Serveur: Siren
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-01 17:45:56
Link | Citer | R

jokes man, jokes

(I'm too old for suicide, no one would care)
 Fenrir.Gradd
Serveur: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-01 17:46:53
Link | Citer | R

Idk maybe im just blessed w/ an awesome group of friends in my LS, youd be surprised to see how many people rush out to help when somebody is working on an Emp in my Shell x:

We are by no means a Event shell either strictly social.
[+]
 Siren.Mosin
user: BKiddo
By Siren.Mosin 2011-09-01 17:48:14
Link | Citer | R

Idk maybe im just blessed w/ an awesome group of friends in my LS, youd be surprised to see how many people rush out to help when somebody is working on an Emp in my Shell x: We are by no means a Event shell either strictly social.

I would say you are blessed, don't take them for granted.
 Ramuh.Laffter
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-01 17:49:04
Link | Citer | R

With a skilled social linkshell, it does seem easy. My excuse is that my LS on Ramuh was a family social. Meaning kids 12-15 that don't know how to play, and old people who only want to relax and have fun. :P

Maybe now that my character's on Asura, I might get some help. >_____>
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 17:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Ramuh.Laffter said: »
With a skilled social linkshell, it does seem easy. My excuse is that my LS on Ramuh was a family social. Meaning kids 12-15 that don't know how to play, and old people who only want to relax and have fun. :P

Maybe now that my character's on Asura, I might get some help. >_____>
Harass Ironguy and say you're me
[+]
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-09-01 17:51:08
Link | Citer | R

meh my bad then... I guess i've just been on the offical forums for too long... there's a person there that makes threads become locked due to the flames that come because she posts and when she's not trashing other threads... she makes her own that become nothing but garbage.
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-01 17:51:10
Link | Citer | R

Lol sure.
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
Serveur: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-09-01 17:51:17
Link | Citer | R

:(
[+]
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-01 17:51:49
Link | Citer | R

meh my bad then... I guess i've just been on the offical forums for too long... there's a person there that makes threads become locked due to the flames that come because she posts and when she's not trashing other threads... she makes her own that become nothing but garbage.
We all know who you are talking about without even need to mention.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-09-01 17:52:05
Link | Citer | R

@ Ironguy: Speak of the devil.
 Ramuh.Austar
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-09-01 17:52:46
Link | Citer | R

Pandemonium.Ironguy said: »
:(
Heard some guy on Asura was trying to be me. :( Don't fall for it.
[+]
 Fenrir.Leoheart
user: Leoheart
By Fenrir.Leoheart 2011-09-01 17:53:59
Link | Citer | R

Idk maybe im just blessed w/ an awesome group of friends in my LS.

Same here.
Me and my friends have helped eachother grind out our empyreans up to level 90, there was a lot of stress and hardships to be had, but we still got through it.
I love my linkshell ; ;

To add to the whole empyrean part though, it took our group 8 hours to finish an 80 Armageddon.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-01 17:55:27
Link | Citer | R

I could have probably got one back on Shiva if I had ever got a turn, but in all reality we're incredibly casual on Carbuncle and I like it like this. Maybe after Sev has his Ukon I'll see if anyone wants to give me a hand on a vere (Would do Daurdabla but *** that). If not then meh.

We get ***done regardless of our gear. And where would be the fun with no wipes
 Fenrir.Uzugami
user: SSJAV
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-01 17:56:58
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I could have probably got one back on Shiva if I had ever got a turn, but in all reality we're incredibly casual on Carbuncle and I like it like this. Maybe after Sev has his Ukon I'll see if anyone wants to give me a hand on a vere (Would do Daurdabla but *** that). If not then meh.

We get ***done regardless of our gear. And where would be the fun with no wipes
If Sev helps you out (assuming you have your mule by now) He can pretty much make short work of your vere w/ Ukon. lol I was farming some pop items for Chloris with mine. @_@ Took me about 40minutes~? To get the 4 sets of the "hard" items for chloris :O
 Bismarck.Moonlightespada
MSPaint Winner
Serveur: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Moonlightespada 2011-09-01 17:58:09
Link | Citer | R

was actualy hoping for at least something on guard but meh least they said something
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-09-01 17:58:39
Link | Citer | R

Chukwa is the only thing that puts me off. I absolutely abhor competing for NMs.

I could build pops on Flion and on my mule in short order otherwise.
 Siren.Kalilla
VIP
user: Kalila
By Siren.Kalilla 2011-09-01 17:59:01
Link | Citer | R

I'm sorry I didn't know Empyreans were hard to make, if you play a job alot there is no excuse not to have an Empyrean for it.
Ah that is why I have a Gambanteinn, a perfect excuse now! :)
 Phoenix.Darkwizardzin
By Phoenix.Darkwizardzin 2011-09-01 17:59:52
Link | Citer | R

We all know who you are talking about without even need to mention.
I figured some would.. but all the same I didn't want to say her name. I don't have the right to trash her rep. (and imo she does it enough to herself anyway) but enough about this.

on topic: Good to see SE reponded to the monks. Now we know they aren't just ignoring them.
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-01 18:00:15
Link | Citer | R

Yeah ~_~; My vere was so stressful for me. Since it was before the merge and before KI's put-in boxes, etc. But holy ***how fast Vere would be now with my Ukon. @_@
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-09-01 18:00:28
Link | Citer | R

IT: yeah it's bad to leave two jobs out of a big update this way. Give em something even if it's just for show, even if it's something completely useless and stupid like say..an ability that raises attack but prevents you from ws'ing...wait..
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-09-01 18:00:36
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
I'm sorry I didn't know Empyreans were hard to make, if you play a job alot there is no excuse not to have an Empyrean for it.

HEXA STRIKE GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
[+]
 Fenrir.Uzugami
By Fenrir.Uzugami 2011-09-01 18:01:26
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Gradd said he was gonna do club, I'm using this excuse to hold him to it.