user: Lyrick
By Shiva.Ozrick 2011-08-30 09:58:34
Link | Citer | R

Question regarding a line of Magian Staves:

Shareeravadi+2
DMG:80 Delay: 356
DMG+1 Delay: +10
Add.eff. Lowers acc. +15

(I'd include the actual pic but my work PC is having issues)

Has anyone here made one of the Magian Staves that provides additional effects on contact with mobs?

Specifically, I’m interested in 2 things:

1. Does the additional status effect proc the first time the enemy is struck with the staff?
2. What is the duration of the status effect itself?

Depending on these two factors I could see myself getting some mileage out of a few of these, namely the accuracy and magic defense debuffs.

Nevermind that owning 2 or more of these releases the Kraken of inventory and macro based horrors. -.-;

Naturally, getting all up close and personal to thwack a NM with one of these wouldn't always be a good idea, but I can see instances where they might prove useful.

I’m getting anxious while waiting for the next update and am obviously a glutton for punishment. Are these worth doing at all?
 Carbuncle.Tweeek
Serveur: Carbuncle
Game: FFXI
user: Tweeek
By Carbuncle.Tweeek 2011-08-30 13:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Ozrick said: »
Are these worth doing at all?

No.

Stick with your Indra/Surya/Varuna bro you're lookin good :) Maybe work on the other elemental staves if you're dying for a magian to work on
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
Serveur: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2011-08-30 13:19:47
Link | Citer | R

The addition effect proc rate is based on the delay of the weapon. The higher the delay the better the chance, but it is never guaranteed.