Black Mage Job Adjustments - Answers To User Sugg.

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Black Mage Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sugg.
Black Mage Job Adjustments - Answers to User Sugg.
By Artemicion 2011-08-17 21:11:09
Link | Citer | R

That's probably the thing that bugged me the most about black mage; is there being no sense of equilibrium among the elements. Only blizzard and thunder are worth a damn because they're on the highest tier. Don't water, wind, fire, and earth deserve a chance other than just being for certain triggers?
 Siren.Mcclane
Serveur: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-17 21:15:47
Link | Citer | R

Am I the only BLM who kind of likes the idea of each element having their own staff? I just feel one staff would be too...boring.
[+]
 Bahamut.Zellc
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-17 21:35:53
Link | Citer | R

im no blm, but my fiancee is. when we have a session and she is on blm and im on sch, i notice she is usually the first to run out of mp. if blm had one staff, lets say the emp staff, you could keep your tp. the job trait Occult Acumen would become more useful and blm and sch would be able to use the empyrean ws to regain mp. i guess smn too lol.
user: beesknees
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-08-17 21:37:45
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Mcclane said: »
Am I the only BLM who kind of likes the idea of each element having their own staff? I just feel one staff would be too...boring.

I dont like that i have to kill 600+ monsters for each one if i want to be the best. especially when i have to do the same thing for smn
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-17 21:40:33
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Screamingbabies said: »

I dont like that i have to kill 600+ monsters for each one if i want to be the best. especially when i have to do the same thing for smn

No one said you had to be the best. Some just choose to nuke harder than others. I only did Thunder and Ice TOM staffs, and they were well worth it. If other elements mattered, I'd do those trials as well. I'd personally rather work for something instead of getting one thing easily and calling it a day.
 Bismarck.Tagus
Serveur: Bismarck
user: tagus
By Bismarck.Tagus 2011-08-17 21:43:03
Link | Citer | R

I love these new Q&A's.

It would be awesome to just have one staff and be able to upgrade it for every element, just for the -inventory alone! All of the magian trial ones look the same anyway, so it wouldn't even be different on a visual level. I think I'm all for it.
[+]
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-17 21:52:41
Link | Citer | R

The issue with having one staff would be using the tp. If you want to use Spirit taker, will need more than just a set you already have around, at least of things that are worthwhile. So all that inventory you gained is now wasted again :(
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
Serveur: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2011-08-17 21:58:36
Link | Citer | R

The issue with having one staff would be using the tp. If you want to use Spirit taker, will need more than just a set you already have around, at least of things that are worthwhile. So all that inventory you gained is now wasted again :(

psh! I'd rock laevateinn and double attack while I nuke with my acc+30!
 Bahamut.Zellc
Serveur: Bahamut
user: Zellc
By Bahamut.Zellc 2011-08-17 22:05:03
Link | Citer | R

what im saying is that if they offer magic dmg and or macc to the empyrean staff it would 1) save space and 2) give a more practical use for Myrkr: Restores MP and removes status ailments. Amount of MP restored varies with TP.

this is also a ranged ws so u can use it at 29.9 yalms!

link to wiki page
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-17 22:13:16
Link | Citer | R

I wouldn't call that a waste since it's a functional increase in output (more MP -> more nukes).
[+]
 Fenrir.Moldtech
user: Moldtech
By Fenrir.Moldtech 2011-08-17 22:16:41
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Kalilla said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I was fine until I saw the last two questions.
Isn't there a weaponskill that increases magic dmg, or lowers the resistance? The mythic one or something? I'm not entirely sure why a blm would be melee'ing when their spells are so strong.

Vidnohir or whatever, it does work though. I've messed around with it a few times and noticed a difference in damage.
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-08-17 22:19:12
Link | Citer | R

No one said you had to be the best. Some just choose to nuke harder than others. I only did Thunder and Ice TOM staffs, and they were well worth it. If other elements mattered, I'd do those trials as well. I'd personally rather work for something instead of getting one thing easily and calling it a day.

I didn't say i wanted it easy. I just wish it wasn't so monotonous.
 Siren.Mcclane
By Siren.Mcclane 2011-08-17 22:21:28
Link | Citer | R

I didn't say i wanted it easy. I just wish it wasn't so monotonous.

What in this game isn't doing the same thing over and over until you get what you want?
 Fenrir.Eneas
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2011-08-17 22:26:08
Link | Citer | R

Quote:
Let us use staff weapon skills that are only for certain jobs and support jobs.
We will look into this along with the weapon skill revamps.

dont want to be a jynxer but:

inb4 warrior elemental ws nerf
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-17 22:31:50
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »
I wouldn't call that a waste since it's a functional increase in output (more MP -> more nukes).

Orz...
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2011-08-17 22:44:35
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Skadoosh said: »
Fenrir.Nightfyre said: »

Orz...
Back for more?
[+]
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-17 22:52:33
Link | Citer | R

Love when night shits on people.
[+]
 Bismarck.Danz
Serveur: Bismarck
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2011-08-17 23:27:02
Link | Citer | R

dark base nuke? DO LIKE!
 Fenrir.Skadoosh
By Fenrir.Skadoosh 2011-08-17 23:30:47
Link | Citer | R

<Twilight Cloak> <Do you need it?>
 Sylph.Venlo
Serveur: Sylph
user: Venlo
By Sylph.Venlo 2011-08-17 23:49:43
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Moldtech said: »
Ramuh.Austar said: »
I was fine until I saw the last two questions.
Isn't there a weaponskill that increases magic dmg, or lowers the resistance? The mythic one or something? I'm not entirely sure why a blm would be melee'ing when their spells are so strong.

Vidnohir or whatever, it does work though. I've messed around with it a few times and noticed a difference in damage.

It reduces the target's magic defense by 10%. So, while it may seem like it's not worth getting because it's a weaponskill, it is - particularly for Abyssea, since you can pop a restore chest and have the TP you need for it without ever having to melee.
It's magic-based damage as well, so no need to worry about it missing regardless of staff skill. The damage isn't horrible, either, hitting an average of anywhere from 500-1k when atma'd for general nuking on anything that matters, up to around 2k on trash mobs.
 Shiva.Viciousss
Serveur: Shiva
user: Viciouss
By Shiva.Viciousss 2011-08-18 00:29:03
Link | Citer | R

I dont get the last question. We do have high damage staves available *cough*empyrean*cough*. or did they mean something else?

EDIT: If we are going to get better melee stats/weapons, screw staves. i want a freakin scythe

maleficus?

None of those answers broke my heart, blm is fine atm. Lower mp cost for tier V? As if the cost is outrageous as it is. Blm doesnt need anything.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
Serveur: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2011-08-18 03:10:39
Link | Citer | R

just give us umbra. drains a mobs hp for mp.

that's all i really want for blm. tbh it's pretty borked atm.
By Siren.Screamingbabies 2011-08-18 10:46:07
Link | Citer | R

Shiva.Viciousss said: »
I dont get the last question. We do have high damage staves available *cough*empyrean*cough*. or did they mean something else?

EDIT: If we are going to get better melee stats/weapons, screw staves. i want a freakin scythe

maleficus?

None of those answers broke my heart, blm is fine atm. Lower mp cost for tier V? As if the cost is outrageous as it is. Blm doesnt need anything.

Forgot about that one. i've just been using my old ogre sickle.

I now demand higher scythe skill!!!
By SilverTalon 2011-08-19 01:10:56
Link | Citer | R

Wtf blm melee?? Seriously?? Lulz. Idc if it gave MP back; ISL chests give u 100% MP back, so having the 300% TP pointless, ya? What i would have like to seen, and they at least gave a maybe answer, is a JA that increases next spell cast damage. Even my Nin has it (Futae), allowing 2k+ nin nukes w/o any mab atma. The opening Blm CS was always pretty cool to me, something similiar to a two hour ability for that would have been awesome lol.
 Siren.Jingles
user: Jingles
By Siren.Jingles 2011-08-19 01:36:16
Link | Citer | R

SilverTalon said: »
Wtf blm melee?? Seriously?? Lulz. Idc if it gave MP back; ISL chests give u 100% MP back, so having the 300% TP pointless, ya? What i would have like to seen, and they at least gave a maybe answer, is a JA that increases next spell cast damage. Even my Nin has it (Futae), allowing 2k+ nin nukes w/o any mab atma. The opening Blm CS was always pretty cool to me, something similiar to a two hour ability for that would have been awesome lol.

The thing is, if BLMs had a single (perhaps Empy) staff for nukes, with Occult Acumen, you wouldn't have to DD at all: you'd simply get TP from nukes. And since the Empy WS has a range of almost 30 yalms, you could make a macro to engage, use the WS (to get MP back/erase yourself), and disengage. Unfortunately, SE decided we wanted a high-damage staff with MP+130, and not something with legitimate stats to bolster our jobs. Instead, we're stuck with, at minimum, 8 staves that we constantly macro in and out.
 Shiva.Flionheart
Serveur: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-08-19 01:38:51
Link | Citer | R

I really think Relic, Mythic or Empyrean staves should augment magic.

But then I also think they should make staves a viable option for MNK too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | Citer | R

Post deleted by User.
By SilverTalon 2011-08-19 01:41:07
Link | Citer | R

Siren.Jingles said: »
SilverTalon said: »
The thing is, if BLMs had a single (perhaps Empy) staff for nukes, with Occult Acumen, you wouldn't have to DD at all: you'd simply get TP from nukes. And since the Empy WS has a range of almost 30 yalms, you could make a macro to engage, use the WS (to get MP back/erase yourself), and disengage. Unfortunately, SE decided we wanted a high-damage staff with MP+130, and not something with legitimate stats to bolster our jobs. Instead, we're stuck with, at minimum, 8 staves that we constantly macro in and out.
I've got 11, current blm gear takes up 73/80 slots. Completely understand, but still. Everyone complains about job balance; but then "Please give blm an awesome *practical to use* WS!" Imo it just doesn't make any sense.
 Cerberus.Wolfshadow
Serveur: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Wolfshadow 2011-08-19 01:46:24
Link | Citer | R

You are now seeing things through the eyes of a developer:
Shiva.Flionheart said: »
I really think Relic, Mythic or Empyrean staves should augment magic.
So more base DMG and mp? Hmmm...I think we can do that
[+]