Forum » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Mnk - Byakko's Haidate and other
Mnk - Byakko's Haidate and other
 Bahamut.Serj
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 01:12:00
Link | Citer | R

So, I just got a Byakko's Haidate with crit damage +4%, 4 stp, and 6 vit (chakra yayy), but I was curious how it measured up as a Smite piece (vs shura +1 and Usukane) and a tp piece over Tantra Hose +2.

Thoughts? Also feel free to talk about other augments for mnk.
 Asura.Xenophire
Serveur: Asura
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2011-08-03 01:22:40
Link | Citer | R

Was also wondering this for the future, and presently, Acetic's Fury? Currently use RR/VV/SS for MNK. I figure it would depend on Atmas as far as augmented Haidate over Shura, and Loki's over Tantra?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
Serveur: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-03 01:25:47
Link | Citer | R

Why don't you use Apoc atma for mnk? And 4% dmg is pretty huge.. the 2% WS dmg Bellicus for war are supposedly best for Ukko's so I would think 4% would be best for mnk on smite, no?
 Ramuh.Austar
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Austar
By Ramuh.Austar 2011-08-03 01:26:50
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Why don't you use Apoc atma for mnk? And 4% dmg is pretty huge.. the 2% WS dmg Bellicus for war are supposedly best for Ukko's so I would think 4% would be best for mnk on smite, no?
Bellicus are WS damage, not crit damage.
[+]
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-03 01:29:29
Link | Citer | R

well ya, but that is pretty close to the same for a high crit rate WS, no? (not literally the exact same, obviously...)
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 01:30:19
Link | Citer | R

I mainly use RR/AoA/GH, sometimes SS over GH.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-03 01:32:12
Link | Citer | R

so you're bound to have a really high crit rate, no? and that 15 dex from Haidate can't hurt that either.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 01:35:27
Link | Citer | R

Ifrit.Eikechi said:
so you're bound to have a really high crit rate, no? and that 15 dex from Haidate can't hurt that either.

Outside it may be worth it for tp/ws depending on my ddex, but that would vary with my overall set and the mob. Inside, the dex would do just about nothing, but my overall crit rate would be 70~ - 90~ with GH. I'm assuming they'll win for tp while using GH, if not SS with impetus up or SS all the time. WS, I don't see them losing inside either, with the crit rate %+ that smite gives. Just looking for a little confirmation here mainly before I start sporting my haidate again.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2011-08-03 02:04:09
Link | Citer | R

play around with um, SS your numbers, and then change gear to Shura and do the same...don't need to run a full parse if you just remember to SS a lot hehe
 Asura.Kaisuko
Serveur: Asura
user: Kaisuko
By Asura.Kaisuko 2011-08-03 02:16:51
Link | Citer | R

I'd say BH if your attack is capped, Usu if not, and Shura +1 over Usu if you have high +str augment on 'em. This is just speculation, I don't have any numbers to support this. :3
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 16:23:47
Link | Citer | R

Bump, still looking for opinions, and now it isn't 3 am so more people are about lol.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 22:15:51
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Serj said:
Bump, still looking for opinions, and now it isn't 3 am so more people are about lol.
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-08-03 22:57:01
Link | Citer | R

For smite:

Apoc/RR/SS
Usukane > Byakko(with your augs) > Shura +1

Apoc/RR/GH
Usukane = Byakko > Shura +1
The difference imo can go either way for this as it might depend if you get full mods from the str or not depending on the rest of your gear.

*note* If you have byakkos and dont have usukane, chances are you arent missing much and if you prefer GH over SS stick with byakkos for now, the difference is quite small tbh and can be in favor of byakkos, Id have to see your gear setup to know really.

If accuracy is an issue, go with byakkos. If you can get a str augment on shura +1 then you have something to look forward to.

TP:
Tantra hose +2 always.
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-03 23:24:25
Link | Citer | R

Yea, just plugged in Byakko's on Motenten's spreadsheet and got them being ~1% worse than Tantra Hose +2, shame because they're so ugly =( Did get them being better than usukane and shura legs in current gear using GH. SS, they lose by a lot. Confirming everything you said. Only just now did I have the time to do it, though.

Thanks ^^ Glad to know they're a decent ws piece for me currently lol, hope they get more use on nin (I'll get there when I get there lol.)
Serveur: Odin
By Odin.Hitoseijuro 2011-08-03 23:55:34
Link | Citer | R

Can definately get away with them on nin if youre using Jin, blade hi aswell tbh as they should come about even with ambushers.

Also Motenten's spreadsheet for monk is defaulted stats to exp Mob stats, which means youll want to tweak it to fit for NMs which is generally where I like numbers coming from. In that aspect the attack on usukane might change the difference slightly. I dont know if enough to matter tbh though.

And yea, wish there was something better than tantra hose +2. Pray for salvage upgrades? :/
 Bahamut.Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-08-04 00:13:27
Link | Citer | R

Odin.Hitoseijuro said:
Can definately get away with them on nin if youre using Jin, blade hi aswell tbh as they should come about even with ambushers.

Also Motenten's spreadsheet for monk is defaulted stats to exp Mob stats, which means youll want to tweak it to fit for NMs which is generally where I like numbers coming from. In that aspect the attack on usukane might change the difference slightly. I dont know if enough to matter tbh though.

And yea, wish there was something better than tantra hose +2. Pray for salvage upgrades? :/

Yea, I tweaked the mob stats up a bit and messed around. I was so happy using haidate as town gear and could have gotten use to that =\ Don't have usu legs, but will get around to that once salvage updates come around.