HoneyBadger Linkshell LFM
 Bahamut.Gimpness
Serveur: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-07-28 00:30:03
Link | Citer | R

Fenrir.Niniann said:
The idea of not using shadows on NIN is to speed up the time it takes to find the weakness. It's not like a WHM can't support them. If the mob's actually hard, then yeah they'll use shadows/migawari/wtfever.

not using shadows on a piss easy nm that you need to find a proc on is perfectly fine, otherwise... bring a mnk or a war and have them tank if you aren't going to use shadows. Not saying a nin *can't* face tank on anything "hard" or that a whm *can't* keep up with it, but it shouldn't be happening...

What this thread has sounded like is that they aren't going to use shadows because they're cheap/lazy.

i know people who get on me all the time because i face tank with mnk and don't shadow tank with nin because my mnk gets hit :x. I'd love to see what they'd say to this thread...

As I said before, i tank on mnk because things die faster. There are some things mnk can't tank because of dispel (one that comes to mind is alfard... had serp tail dispel counterstance a lot) and tanking on mnk without counterstance is incredibly stupid when you don't bring 12 whms with you. and if a mnk isn't using counterstance (if this thread comes to that I'll just stop posting :x) then you might as well bring the war and have them tank...
 Fenrir.Niniann
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Ninian
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-28 00:37:43
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Gimpness said:
not using shadows on a piss easy nm that you need to find a proc on is perfectly fine, otherwise...

Pretty much everything in Abyssea is piss-easy, lol.

Quote:
bring a mnk or a war and have them tank if you aren't going to use shadows. Not saying a nin *can't* face tank on anything "hard" or that a whm *can't* keep up with it, but it shouldn't be happening...

The reason to bring NIN is because you can use them to proc red !! for NMs, and it's just easier to have them tank the big NMs. If the mob is actually scary, the NIN is going to use shadows, period. Just realize most ***isn't scary.

Quote:
What this thread has sounded like is that they aren't going to use shadows because they're cheap/lazy.

I think the point that they were trying to make was that things aren't hard, so why waste time.

Quote:
i know people who get on me all the time because i face tank with mnk and don't shadow tank with nin because my mnk gets hit :x. I'd love to see what they'd say to this thread...

Which mobs are they referring to. There's either one of two things going on here: either they're being stupid or you're being stupid. Someone somewhere needs to stop being stupid.

Quote:
As I said before, i tank on mnk because things die faster.

Only useful if you have all procs covered elsewhere or you need Blue !!

Quote:
There are some things mnk can't tank because of dispel (one that comes to mind is alfard... had serp tail dispel counterstance a lot) and tanking on mnk without counterstance is incredibly stupid when you don't bring 12 whms with you. and if a mnk isn't using counterstance (if this thread comes to that I'll just stop posting :x) then you might as well bring the war and have them tank...

I'm pretty sure I could cure a MNK without counterstance just fine, but there's no reason to have to, unless as you said Dispel. I'd rather have a NIN at Alfard anyway because you don't need MNK for procs. @@;
[+]
 Phoenix.Biggz
Serveur: Phoenix
user: phawk23
By Phoenix.Biggz 2011-07-28 00:44:44
Link | Citer | R

We should just end this thread @ there looking for WHM's lol because the whole debate on Nin not using shadows is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE go fight Rani w/o using shadows seeing he doesn't have any En-spells or added effect on hits :)
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-28 00:45:52
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Biggz said:
We should just end this thread @ there looking for WHM's lol because the whole debate on Nin not using shadows is HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE go fight Rani w/o using shadows seeing he doesn't have any En-spells or added effect on hits :)

.... situational ***is situational.

/facepalm
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-07-28 00:48:10
Link | Citer | R

hard was in quotes for a reason. Though, some things are actually hard if you try and duo them whm and tank or 2box them whm and tank (nothing comes to mind :x late and working on a paper... this is my distraction D:)

I kill things faster on mnk than i do on nin because mnk has verethragna and nin doesn't have kannagi. Even then, i still think mnk would kill faster. Takes me 5 seconds to gear mnk from having nin geared... So no, it's not really faster/easier to have them tank the "big" nms.

and what other procs does mnk not have that nin does? Not counting splles because a thf/nin gets access to ninjutsu procs. And if you aren't bringing a thf to an nm where you want drops then I'm not really sure what to say to you.

I'm not saying any of this *can't* be done, but why make things harder/slower if you don't need to. It's like saying... I have these perfect sets of gear and I'm a great <insert job here>, but It's easier to just bring full perle and fulltime it so that's what i'm going to do.

and yea, alfard has piss poor acc :x so i'd either use a nin or a thf to tank that lol. maybe even a dnc, but wouldn't kill it as fast.
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-28 00:55:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Gimpness said:
hard was in quotes for a reason. Though, some things are actually hard if you try and duo them whm and tank or 2box them whm and tank (nothing comes to mind :x late and working on a paper... this is my distraction D:)

I know, but not many things are hard though, and if people aren't using shadows on things that are legitimately hard, they pretty much should be shot.

Quote:
I kill things faster on mnk than i do on nin because mnk has verethragna and nin doesn't have kannagi. Even then, i still think mnk would kill faster. Takes me 5 seconds to gear mnk from having nin geared... So no, it's not really faster/easier to have them tank the "big" nms.

Well obviously you'd kill faster on MNK, even if your NIN had a Kannagi. Not everyone has both jobs for one, and even if they did maybe they don't want to take the time to change because they're spamming NMs back to back and/or have built up time, or the million other reasons why one wouldn't job change.

Quote:
and what other procs does mnk not have that nin does? Not counting splles because a thf/nin gets access to ninjutsu procs. And if you aren't bringing a thf to an nm where you want drops then I'm not really sure what to say to you.

NIN has Red procs MNK doesn't have....

Quote:
I'm not saying any of this *can't* be done, but why make things harder/slower if you don't need to. It's like saying... I have these perfect sets of gear and I'm a great <insert job here>, but It's easier to just bring full perle and fulltime it so that's what i'm going to do.

... you're missing my point entirely...

Quote:
and yea, alfard has piss poor acc :x so i'd either use a nin or a thf to tank that lol. maybe even a dnc, but wouldn't kill it as fast.

There's no reason to bring a DNC to anything unless that's someone's favorite/only job... :s
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-07-28 01:01:01
Link | Citer | R

what are you proccing with red that's not a ki nm... unless things are that hard for you that you need to terror lock them, but it doesn't really seem that way.

and yea D: i don't qualify dnc as a job, but some people don't have thf or nin but have dnc... so they get to use it to feel good about themselves sometimes ;;

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if you're spamming nms back to back to back and have time built up you usually have more than two people, meaning you probably have a nin *and* a mnk. I also do have both jobs so i'm gonna do what i can to not gimp myself ;;

WHY ARE WE ARGUING OVER THIS ANYWAY ITS POINTLESS

/endthread

ps. your quotes got messed up o.o;

edit: you fixed them :D...
 Fenrir.Niniann
By Fenrir.Niniann 2011-07-28 01:08:30
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Gimpness said:
what are you proccing with red that's not a ki nm... unless things are that hard for you that you need to terror lock them, but it doesn't really seem that way.

I'm talking about KI NMs, the only reason why you'd have a NIN in the first place and the reason why you'd not be casting shadows because you're getting TP to proc !!. @@;

There's not a single Seal NM I can think of that's even remotely difficult to where it'd matter what job you're on or whether or not you're using shadows. @@;

Quote:
and yea D: i don't qualify dnc as a job, but some people don't have thf or nin but have dnc... so they get to use it to feel good about themselves sometimes ;;

I guess.

Quote:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand if you're spamming nms back to back to back and have time built up you usually have more than two people, meaning you probably have a nin *and* a mnk. I also do have both jobs so i'm gonna do what i can to not gimp myself ;;

It depends on what you're spamming and who you're spamming it with. It's common for people farming Empys to build time, which is the main reason why you'd be proccing Red in the first place.

Quote:
WHY ARE WE ARGUING OVER THIS ANYWAY ITS POINTLESS

/endthread

ps. your quotes got messed up o.o;

edit: you fixed them :D...

I'm bored. :(
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-07-28 01:09:22
Link | Citer | R

i dunno about you, but i fight mobs that need red procs pretty often. and i'd probably worry about nin war and thf more than mnk unless i need blue procs, which i usually don't.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-07-28 01:20:04
Link | Citer | R

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

now we're just getting into pointless junk :x

i don't really farm time when farming empyreans cus i have like 800 stones... and so do the people i do things with...

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... i didn't say seal nms were hard o.o;; i said it's okay to not be using shadows on them because they're so easy a whm can tank them.

not using shadows on anything you're popping with key items (besides a few things that really *are* that easy) is what i thought we were talking about... WELL MY BAD THEN~~~~ I'm still tanking everything on mnk though :D...
 Bahamut.Feisei
user: feifei
By Bahamut.Feisei 2011-07-28 01:29:48
Link | Citer | R

Giiiiimmmpppp i have hp merits! Unless your talking about another taru war!
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-07-28 01:31:15
Link | Citer | R

Bahamut.Feisei said:
Giiiiimmmpppp i have hp merits! Unless your talking about another taru war!
you lied to me! D: and you had mp the other day so i assumed it was merits.
Also why are you not logged in ;; let's do something! D:
 Phoenix.Bloodred
Serveur: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Bloodred 2011-07-28 01:39:32
Link | Citer | R

I would venture to say that curing in the +2 body is most effective, when your doing something with 1 tank 1 healer and the tank is /war. The Afflatus Solace alone is like an addition c5 ontop of c5/6 that u get. (both bodies are good I have the +2 and a +14%, and i use the 14% if in a party, +2 lowman, each there own).
As for WHM subbing sch, to each there own , not on my watch though.
whm/blm can do 70% of procs for grellow if popped on lightsday/darksday. In addition not willing to give up sleepga for sublimation/refresh when we all know MP is virtually unlimited inside abyssea.

and 1 last thought , If u want a good whm, find a decent 1 outside Abyssea and they will be an allstar inside. Seeing how 95% of the lvl80+ whms now where asleep when they dinged (not 40, not 50 , not 60,
not 70, not 80, but 90. (shesh I sounded a lil like Lebron there) ).

Anyways good luck finding a WHM with skill thats gonna be a WHM full time, wish u all the best.
 Bahamut.Gimpness
By Bahamut.Gimpness 2011-07-28 01:44:14
Link | Citer | R

Phoenix.Bloodred said:
I would venture to say that curing in the +2 body is most effective, when your doing something with 1 tank 1 healer and the tank is /war. The Afflatus Solace alone is like an addition c5 ontop of c5/6 that u get. (both bodies are good I have the +2 and a +14%, and i use the 14% if in a party, +2 lowman, each there own).
As for WHM subbing sch, to each there own , not on my watch though.
whm/blm can do 70% of procs for grellow if popped on lightsday/darksday. In addition not willing to give up sleepga for sublimation/refresh when we all know MP is virtually unlimited inside abyssea.

and 1 last thought , If u want a good whm, find a decent 1 outside Abyssea and they will be an allstar inside. Seeing how 95% of the lvl80+ whms now where asleep when they dinged (not 40, not 50 , not 60,
not 70, not 80, but 90. (shesh I sounded a lil like Lebron there) ).

Anyways good luck finding a WHM with skill thats gonna be a WHM full time, wish u all the best.

+2 body is the best when you have capped potency or near close to capped. But you'll usually get more cureskin from having higher cures rather than just putting on +2 body, like in the case i described earlier. Also, you get sleepga subbing sch lol. just need to change to dark arts. just saying D: i /blm also cus i like warpz

And it's not equal to a cure 5 lol. unless you cure 5 for 400.

Without body it's 300 and with it you get 400 assuming you have a 1.2k cure without body and 1142(might be wrong, that's off the top of my head. w/e 400/.35 is) with body.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
Serveur: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-07-28 01:52:03
Link | Citer | R

/blm gives you bio2, drain, aspir; /sch gives you drain, aspir, dispel. also i prefer the fast cast, extra enhancing skill and stratagems over /blm, unless i need to stun something.
[+]