Trial Of The Magians Idea? (Maybe)

Eorzea Time

Langues: JP EN FR DE
users online
Forum » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » Trial of the Magians Idea? (Maybe)
Trial of the Magians Idea? (Maybe)
 Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
Game: FFXI
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2011-07-12 12:02:03
Link | Citer | R

Not sure if it's possible, or if it's too much work, or whatever but I had an idea to maybe add a "Current Trials" tab to our profile pages. That way we can see which people are on which trials and maybe team up with others on our servers. I do realize there are over 2000 trials and it would take quite a bit of work and what not, so I highly doubt it would really be taken into much consideration, but hey...worth a shot I suppose.

Kinda made a little image on how it could look, hope the image is understandable or whatever. The top part above the "Result of ..." is what will show when you click on the "Current Trials" tab. There will be a list of up to 10 of these (or whatever the max amount of trials is now). When you click the min/max buttons it would show the list of trials with a check-able box to show which trials have been completed. Also included would be either (or both) a description of what the trial consists of, or link to an off-site web page that shows what details of the trail are. Then off to the far right is a fully-customizable(?) option to show how far along the trial we are.

...thoughts? additions? ionno
 Bismarck.Faelar
Serveur: Bismarck
user: Faelar
By Bismarck.Faelar 2011-07-12 12:37:04
Link | Citer | R

Its a good idea in theory, yet it'd be limited to how often people update their progress.

Example
Dude1: Hey man, I see your on Trial 1 from ffxiah. Team up?
Dude2: Nah man, I finished that ages ago.
 Hades.Triet
Serveur: Hades
user: Sirseiko
By Hades.Triet 2011-07-12 12:42:05
Link | Citer | R

Yeah, suppose that is true. But could also encourage people to be on the site more often. And then you have those people that are on the websites all day who would update their trials 2 seconds before they get the last kill or whatever. :P
 Quetzalcoatl.Sammitch
Serveur: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sammitch
By Quetzalcoatl.Sammitch 2011-07-13 12:47:37
Link | Citer | R

I have my doubts that this is technically feasible. The main reason being that Trial information [start equip, goals, end equip] is not present in a DAT somewhere and therefore is not easy easy to harvest in a consistent manner. As far as I am aware this info is stored on a server somewhere at S/E and retrieved when you talk to a Magian Moogle.

The options for getting Trial information would then be:
  1. Admins enter 4000+ trials. [nope. read: recipes]

2. Users submit 4000+ trials to a team of mods. [nope. read: recipes]

3. Parse wiki. [nope. horribly inconsistent formatting]

I would love to see and/or make something like this, but getting a consistent list of trials to work from just stresses me out at the very thought.
 Fenrir.Terminus
Serveur: Fenrir
user: Terminus
By Fenrir.Terminus 2011-07-13 12:52:05
Link | Citer | R

It also would be handy for people to keep track of what they are doing themselves.

But... since I already made a color coded and complete spreadsheet for all the weapons I am making, will make, and dream about... NO.